***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, SM Sheffield said:

A new manager needs to be prioritised now. We need a clean break and a number of this squad moved on in the summer. We need leaders on the pitch and new ideas from a new coaching team. The lack of fight from that side today was completely unacceptable. Kio on when we need to change the game with Kuol and Oda once again sat on the bench? After talking about giving players a chance. Not good enough from Naismith or the players today. 

Absolutely, nowhere near good enough.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

6 minutes ago, LauderJambo said:

How many minutes have they played?

Granted. Not a lot. But in order to get minutes they need to impress in the time they have been given. Hasn’t happened imo. Not giving up on them myself but thee two of them have not set the heather on fire so far. 

Just now, RudiSkacel51 said:

We couldn't score against a defence of Stevenson, Fish and Hanlon.

Honestly think that is the worst Hibs team I have seen on paper, ever.

Lee, seems to be able to motivate and organise the crap he has though.

There was no reaction today. 

Naismith put out essentially the team Neilson would have. The goal kick routine, every man behind the ball from set pieces and throw

ins, not to mention zonal marking was all unchanged. 

The same one paced play on and off the ball was unchanged. 60% posession 3 shots on target, even the frickin stats were exactly the same. Opposing GK 1.5 saves in 90 mins. 

It is worrying but not only do we beed a new manager, I think we need a complete rebuild. We need a minimum of four new players in that starting line up plus a fit Halkett and Beni (never going to happen. ). 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Different budgets I suspect. That’s a complete non point. The board have put a fortune into this seasons squad. You’re chasing shadows with that argument.

The board have given the manager and football director excellent backing. The board don’t pick which players to recruit, which team to put out or which tactics to adopt.

3 minutes ago, flem said:

I have heard several interviews from Neilson, Savage and Budge all stating that the manager has the final say on what players are signed for Hearts. 

So? If the head of recruitment is going out his way to tell the manager that this guy is a "pure footballer" and the manager trusts his judgement, then it's the managers fault and Savage can wash his hands off it? Really? Zero culpability for Savage for shortlisting utter dross. 

We always go short, but then nobody in midfield wants it. Can’t go long because Shankland has less fight and mobility than a traffic cone. 

We’ll not get another point this season. 

Edited by E3OBE

3 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

A new manager needs to be prioritised now. We need a clean break and a number of this squad moved on in the summer. We need leaders on the pitch and new ideas from a new coaching team. The lack of fight from that side today was completely unacceptable. Kio on when we need to change the game with Kuol and Oda once again sat on the bench? After talking about giving players a chance. Not good enough from Naismith or the players today. 

Yep. 

How can a team with physically weak or slow players ever complete.

Aticknson, McKay, Forrest, Rowles are too weak.

Smith, Kingsley, Haliday and Shankland are too slow. 

More than half the team aren't physically good enough.

Third is gone now, need to try and give the youth and fringe players a chance to prove themeselves. 

I don't see the point in persisting with players that are clearly underperforming or not good enough for the remainder of the season. 

upgotheheads

No complaints. We created nothing in the second half and wouldn't have deserved a draw if we had got it. It's really becoming obvious how far we have fallen in the second half of the season, and this must be down to the dressing room. These are the same players who had us 7 (or thereabouts) points clear of Aberdeen two months ago. 

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Different budgets I suspect. That’s a complete non point. The board have put a fortune into this seasons squad. You’re chasing shadows with that argument.

Probably but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the first team. 

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, the only positive I can take from that is that it exposed the imposters. Hopefully a significant clearout in the close season.

No hiding places in the football department. 

Bear in mind someone at Hearts sat last summer and said get me Grant Forrest and Kio. That's what we need. 

Jesus ****ing christ. 

Sinbad the Sailor

Where was the promised fight? Chicken hearted performance by too many again. That Hibs team are keech we made them look good.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Don't agree. It just highlights that they've got their priorities all wrong imo.

I get the financial benefit of doing stuff like that but we always seem far more interested in the next vanity project than actually performing on the park and I feel that leaks into the entire club mentality.

I couldn't give a stuff about the other stuff. Even the new stand, no seats, seats that couldn't see the goals, a random empty space (hence the hotel idea), the views of the castle etc, the cost, the architect. It was a debacle start to finish. Dead pitch from an orchestra. It's just shambolic management endlessly in search of vanity projects. I joked yesterday about whether they'd remembered to order the beds for the hotel...it genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Why sack neilson but then play one of his teams with Forrest / halliday / smith etc ?

why play with a slow tempo ?

why keep possession at the back without going forward ?

utterly baffling that performance 

Zander, Atkinson and McKay pass marks

Sibbick , Kingsley,  Rowles , Devlin, Halliday and Shankland absolutely horrendous,  beyond embarrassing. 

Grant and Forrest while poor at least tried to get on the ball and didn't hide .

Make no mistake that was a dreadful Hibs team, I can't think of many Hearts teams from the past that would have lost that game.

Aussie Jambo

What annoyed me the most was the throw ins. How many times did Natty get angry because he had no one to throw it to and when they bothered to come about 10 yards we lost possession. Every bloody time. 

Oh this has really given me the shits. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Taffin said:

Don't agree. It just highlights that they've got their priorities all wrong imo.

I get the financial benefit of doing stuff like that but we always seem far more interested in the next vanity project than actually performing on the park and I feel that leaks into the entire club mentality.

I couldn't give a stuff about the other stuff. Even the new stand, no seats, seats that couldn't see the goals, a random empty space (hence the hotel idea), the views of the castle etc, the cost, the architect. It was a debacle start to finish. Dead pitch from an orchestra. It's just shambolic management endlessly in search of vanity projects. I joked yesterday about whether they'd remembered to order the beds for the hotel...it genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

I don’t care if you “don’t give a stuff”. The team has a budget and stadium infrastructure has a budget. The team has had more than enough money ploughed into it to be 3rd this season.

Any money put into the stadium has not caused our drop in form. Don’t be an idiot for gods sake.

Hibs midfield 3 were all able to compete, run, win headers, carry the ball and pass and generally act like they want to win.

Devlin can compete not a lot else Grant can pass sometimes, Haliday sometimes looks like he wants to win.

Rocky jamboa

Hopeless performance. The confidence has drained from the team playing under Robbie. Naismith needs to keep Halliday, Grant and Forrest out the team and give Kuol and some of the young lads a chance.

We've not had a proper central midfielder for years. Maybe Djoum the last I can think of. 

Posted earlier that 6 games to go not pant wetting yet.

Was hopeful but that sounded poor.

While anything could happen I now no longer expect it.

I at least expected fight n grit even if we couldn't win.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Savage called Grant, "a pure footballer" so I suspect your wrong. 

The amount of responsibility Neilson seems to have had for all of this in some folk's minds would surely beg the question- what's the point in Savage's role then? 

Very poor all over the park. Particularly midfield. Halliday and Grant not up to the task and Devlin mediocre. The defence is dreadful. Rowles was absolutely rotten. Sibbick only a little better but that fresh air swipe and outjumped for the goal. Atkinson, who I do not rate, was the best of the lot at the back which speaks volumes. All our best players are injured and the players we have brought in are nowhere near good enough. Mckay was our best player in the first half but disappeared in the second. So many misplaced passes and mistimed jumps and tackles all over the place. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So? If the head of recruitment is going out his way to tell the manager that this guy is a "pure footballer" and the manager trusts his judgement, then it's the managers fault and Savage can wash his hands off it? Really? Zero culpability for Savage for shortlisting utter dross. 

When things were going well Savage got all the praise on here and in the press. When it goes wrong it is down to Robbie. Folk cant have it both ways.

8 minutes ago, Australis said:

Honestly think that is the worst Hibs team I have seen on paper, ever.

Lee, seems to be able to motivate and organise the crap he has though.

Just 'cause Hibs won, doens't make them a well motivated or a well organised one.  They looked poor to me on paper, and on the pitch.   They were up against a team that didn't defend the cross into the box, and then criminally,  just left their main striker all alone with no-one marking him, in the middle of the box to score the winner!    I just can't get my head around that.

It shows how far we have fallen that we barely laid a glove on them in the 2nd half,  despte this pretty much being a must win game to keep 3rd spot acheivable.  Honestly don't know what has happened to these players,  loss of confidence yes but new manager should at least help them play with a bit more freedom etc,  but desire, work rate  - really caring about the result all seems to be lacking, which is just unforivable. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, jambopilms said:

Hibs midfield 3 were all able to compete, run, win headers, carry the ball and pass and generally act like they want to win.

Devlin can compete not a lot else Grant can pass sometimes, Haliday sometimes looks like he wants to win.

The fact that embarrassment Doyle-Hayes was the best player on the pitch summed up our central midfield.

Jack Torrance
9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Don't know if I'll live that long!

6 minutes ago, suds66 said:

If they can't get motivated for a derby it's a sad reflection on where we are as a club right now.

Agreed on both counts 😄

Que sera sera. Nothing to be gained from us shouting abuse at them now. We need to come together and hope they get out of this rut, to give whoever is in the hotseat next season, the best platform.

You can only piss with the cock you've got.

Just now, BlueRiver said:

The amount of responsibility Neilson seems to have had for all of this in some folk's minds would surely beg the question- what's the point in Savage's role then? 

Just now, hisnameis said:

When things were going well Savage got all the praise on here and in the press. When it goes wrong it is down to Robbie. Folk cant have it both ways.

Exactly chaps. 

vladisacoward
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

You can't really undo an entire season of shite fitness levels, tactical ineptitude and mental weakness in 5 days.

Absolutely bang on.

Ex member of the SaS

It was an improvement but not by much. McKay played well but when we put balls into the box we need players in there to capitalise. Still far too slow and ponderous with too many back passes, when there is an obviously clear forward pass. No one showing interest at throw in and once again backwards. We take too many back at set pieces and need someone up the park as an out ball. 

Can't really hope for a huge change after so many months of the flair being drummed out of them but expected a much bigger bounce than we got from a bunch of good players who were flying high earlier in the season. Robbie should have been dumped much much earlier as this squad has now lost all desire and fight.

Once again players in the six yard box when the keeper has the ball and a slow ,slow pass forward only for it to come back again.

Not the reason we lost but the ref let them foul and waste time that was getting on ridiculous levels.

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, Life Aquatic said:

WTF happened to this team in the last six weeks... It's like someone's sapped the confidence right out of them... Third place down the pan and we'll be lucky to keep fourth.

Mismanagement, quickest way to ruin anything.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I hadn't heard the pure footballer comment until you mentioned it. Savage and his team hold a level of responsibility for sure however, Savage is hardly likely to come out and say I think players X/Y/Z that we have signed are pish. I have no idea who the other options that were presented to Neilson were. 

To be clear, I agree that  Savages' jacket must be on a shoogly peg at the moment.

BangkokHearts
12 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

We couldn't score against a defence of Stevenson, Fish and Hanlon.

We didn't even look like scoring against that defence.

Rick Sanchez

I don't even feel like we've lost a derby today I'm the used to watching shite displays like that.

The apathy is real.

LochcarronJambo

How can a Hibs team have more fight than us?  Not one player in maroon played well - was expecting a positive reaction today & didn’t get… clear also that atleast half this team should be emptied at the end of the season

vladisacoward
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t care if you “don’t give a stuff”. The team has a budget and stadium infrastructure has a budget. The team has had more than enough money ploughed into it to be 3rd this season.

Any money put into the stadium has not caused our drop in form. Don’t be an idiot for gods sake.

I'm not talking about the money. I'm talking priorities and attitude.

Remember when we used to mock Hibs for celebrating being the first to have floodlights?

That's us now. 

The only idiots are those lapping it up.

Ron Burgundy

Have you ever seen a team struggle with throw ins as much as us. Incredible. No one moves. If they put a player on our throw in taker we are Donald ducked. 

Nerja Jambo

As in any business the buck stops at the top. They have wasted millions by their endless poor footballing decisions. In fact have they ever got one right. This is not just about todays game as that result certainly didn't surprise me, its a continual attitude that they know best, when in fact they know zilch about football. They may know plenty about business and law etc, but football? Nothing is ever going to change until Ann Budge and those who have been on the board since we came out of administration go. That's now a fifteen point turn around between us and Aberdeen, an utter disgrace. The board are the problem, but are they being held to account by our FOH reps? How much more money are they going to waste, how many more shocking decisions are they going to make before they get one right. As per the silence from both will be deafening. We need a new accountable board every bit as much as we need a new coach. They should hang their heads in shame.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It was an improvement but not by much. McKay played well but when we put balls into the box we need players in there to capitalise. Still far too slow and ponderous with too many back passes, when there is an obviously clear forward pass. No one showing interest at throw in and once again backwards. We take too many back at set pieces and need someone up the park as an out ball. 

Can't really hope for a huge change after so many months of the flair being drummed out of them but expected a much bigger bounce than we got from a bunch of good players who were flying high earlier in the season. Robbie should have been dumped much much earlier as this squad has now lost all desire and fight.

Once again players in the six yard box when the keeper has the ball and a slow ,slow pass forward only for it to come back again.

Not the reason we lost but the ref let them foul and waste time that was getting on ridiculous levels.

Sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you think that was any improvement. The Neilson out brigade and others had better prepare themselves. we are going downwards for quite some time. History repeating itself.

doctor jambo

It’s been obvious for some time that this is a team in free fall.

It happened under levein.

we have seen it in hibs many times.

the players have lost it.

utterly bereft of confidence

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't even feel like we've lost a derby today I'm the used to watching shite displays like that.

The apathy is real.

That is actually a good description. The second half was almost a carbon copy of last week's shambles. We were clueless when we went behind as well.

Just now, LochcarronJambo said:

How can a Hibs team have more fight than us?  Not one player in maroon played well - was expecting a positive reaction today & didn’t get… clear also that atleast half this team should be emptied at the end of the season

Hibs have had more fight than us the last few games. **** knows how we got convincing wins.

buzzbomb1958
Just now, Mac80 said:

Wholesale changes required. 

As I said the season is fecked tell most them to start looking for new clubs as from today ,give the youngsters the rest of the season and get a new manager in now so he can start looking for players, it’s going to cost us but put the hotel carpets on hold, it’s now a dire situation which needs addressing now