• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

Just now, BigAlim said:

I honestly don’t think I trust Grant yet in a game like this.

He could turn out a decent squad player, so could Forrest.

I know for a fact that Haring and Halliday can get it up them though 

Haring will be the main man 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Grant Devlin Halliday McKay

Shankland Humphrys

2-0 to Hearts.

More like it. 

Infuriates me Neilson not playing Barrie as an out-and-out winger. 

Atkinson, Gino & Kuol all with pace to burn off the bench once the game is stretched. 

Famous 1874

As always failure to beat that shite is unacceptable. Naisy knows that. The players will know that. 

Training has supposedly been excellent this week and we finally may see a response. 

3-1 Heart of Midlothian. Shanks x2 and Devlin to get his derby goal 

10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

More like it. 

Infuriates me Neilson not playing Barrie as an out-and-out winger. 

Atkinson, Gino & Kuol all with pace to burn off the bench once the game is stretched. 

The fact SN wants us to play on the front foot you can be assured Halliday ain’t playing. 

Sibbick / devlin in midfield or Haring 

They are getting a doing tomorrow. 

I hope the squad was watching that Aberdeen game tonight, and seen just what level of shite we have let get above us in the table. 

As much as I'm not sure about Naismith in charge, he is not going to take any shite, and will get the boot into those who need it. He will not want to lose tomorrow, and will want a statement result. 

Hibs are shite. Let's show that. 

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, Sibbick has also played there, originally when he came here on loan, then again the other week; people swear he's not a midfielder; he's not CB either, by the same logic, but he's proficient at both; he's also played RB / RWB, at livi in 1st round of fixtures; probably the only team member to play well that day too

Who does that remind you of? CP, a good utility player

Kingsley would be ideal as LDM for a few reasons; I suggested this weeks ago and another poster started a thread about it too

It fixes the problem of who to play Vs him & Cochrane, it's less stressful on his hamstring; it's less distance for him to cover to set up a long shot / drive at goal and he covers Beni in his absence; it is so ideal it's worth a go for sure; RP did well doing this when asked, for the wee team; Kingsley has much more brains than that douchebag 😆

Hopefully that's why SN has Sibbick / Kingsley & Hill / Rowles training in pairs; both these are CB pairing and Sibbick / Kingsley are also potentially a CDM pairing; great solution (potentially) to the DM crisis, using what we've got available

^^^^ see above

-

Sibbick is an outstanding holding midfielder that’s his position. 
Gives us what we need 

Jack Torrance

It's a cliché but first goal is immense tomorrow.  We score and the confidence will come back. They do and the heads might go down.

For what it's worth I think we'll turn things around now.

Honestly boys, it’s Hibs 

we’ve battered them with some shite teams in the past and we’ll do the same again tomorrow 

41 minutes ago, mr fox said:

The fact SN wants us to play on the front foot you can be assured Halliday ain’t playing. 

Sibbick / devlin in midfield or Haring 

Halliday does OK against Hibs, bit more offensive than Haring. More important is our movement and desire though - anything but the crab-like turgid-ball that we've suffered of late. 

Expecting one of our pacey players in tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Halliday does OK against Hibs, bit more offensive than Haring. More important is our movement and desire though - anything but the crab-like turgid-ball that we've suffered of late. 

Expecting one of our pacey players in tbh. 

He’s done well off the left. Not central midfield.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Team staying in Hotel tonight which not the norm so hopefully all these wee changes give us wee spark tomorrow 

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Team staying in Hotel tonight which not the norm so hopefully all these wee changes give us wee spark tomorrow 

Good shout by club IMO.

Luckies1874
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's very interesting. Change of scenery and routine. Mixing it up, like it.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, 2 or 3 attackers would just see the game played in our half and probably not end well. 

To me Grant and Atkinson are far more useful in attack than they are on defence and Halliday is more inclined to charge forward than to sit. 

But I could see swapping Grant for McKay and Humps for Kuol and playing them both wide. Or maybe move Grant back next to Dev in place of Halliday.

Hopefully we will drop our zonal marking system and go for man marking at set pieces. How and Why Neilson persisted with this failed tactic where nearly every corner or free kick resulted in a free header for our opponents is unbelievable. Hopefully Clark is fit , Cochrane plays left back in a back four, Sibbick returns and we play Shankland as a striker. The rest should take care of itself and we play on the front foot. 

8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Ice baths!

I honestly feel like our ball and chain has been removed, regardless of tomorrow’s result.

Positivity from the Manager, trust in the players and each other, and developing our youth who now know they have a chance.

Get into them!

Ronald Villiers

I'd like to see Sibbick play in a system where he can use his pace, maybe in midfield.  We could cause them serious problems tomorrow if we overrun their midfield and run at their piss poor defenders.  In Naismith I trust.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Hopefully we will drop our zonal marking system and go for man marking at set pieces. How and Why Neilson persisted with this failed tactic where nearly every corner or free kick resulted in a free header for our opponents is unbelievable. Hopefully Clark is fit , Cochrane plays left back in a back four, Sibbick returns and we play Shankland as a striker. The rest should take care of itself and we play on the front foot. 

Spot on

36 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I'd like to see Sibbick play in a system where he can use his pace, maybe in midfield.  We could cause them serious problems tomorrow if we overrun their midfield and run at their piss poor defenders.  In Naismith I trust.

Absolutely 

war-charge.gif

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Definitely, seems wasted at CH unless we encourage him to go on a run when it’s on. Still not sure where he will end up playing as he gets older. 

Only read the last page and  it all feels very "Stendal" !!!!

Hope Naisy doesn't go down that particular path. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

100% Agree ! Norton Hotel housing the jambos ahead of pumping this mob yet again today 

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Sibbick is a CH, his pace comes in handy there. Him stepping out from defence is fine but he wouldn't get the same space in midfield. 

How many CM are praised for their pace? 

6 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

To flip that, Tobys pace at CH v Youan could be invaluable (as hes shown before). That allows us to attack with more confidence than worrying we're getting done in behind (yikes!) by a long ball if we lose it in their half

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

To flip that, Tobys pace at CH v Youan could be invaluable (as hes shown before). That allows us to attack with more confidence than worrying we're getting done in behind (yikes!) by a long ball if we lose it in their half

Yeah he'd be in at CH for me. Also because he's a better defender than Hill. None of our current CH options fit into the "win every header" type we really need, but Toby reads the game well and as you say has invaluable pace. I hope he starts there with Rowles.

John Findlay

As previously stated. I'm not bothered who is picked to play and who isn't.

Let's just go down there and beat them again.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

As previously stated. I'm not bothered who is picked to play and who isn't.

Let's just go down there and beat them again.

100%, win and team selection been proven right 

Looking forward to this, "Derby day" has arrived...FTH 

Being Naismith's first game in charge,  not knowing what kind of team, shape or personel he's gonna put out, I'm very nervy, but it's only h1b5, so here we go, here we go, here we go.... 1-3 to the famous jamtarts, and 3 crucial points. Devlin on the scoresheet.

HHGH 

RudiSkacel51

Not his biggest fan of his but wouldn't mind seeing Haliday in the squad, these are the sort of games he shows up for, also Sibbick is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me especially after the last derby.

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not feeling it at all today, 

Im exceptionally nervous about the game. Season is probably done is we don’t win today. 

It’s massive for us today. I just hope the players turn up for a change. They don’t I think they will feel the seethe that RN was having directed his ways. 

I’m much the same. I’m trying to get up for it but our performances recently have been so bad I can’t get my normal enthusiasm going at all. Hopefully Naismith gets the reaction he seems to think he’ll get.  

The one huge thing in our favour is Hibs are pretty shite. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Only read the last page and  it all feels very "Stendal" !!!!

Hope Naisy doesn't go down that particular path. 

Yip,  our biggest issue all Season has been the defence. 

That needs to be sorted first, clean sheets then go from there.

Get clean sheets and we will then get results and score goals. 

Every manager or coach knows this and I'm sure Naismith is on the ball.

Clarke who he works with is one of the most pragmatic coaches ever.

In Scottish football it gets results.

Aberdeen,  have not played that well still away from home, the difference is they can now defend and they are being clinical.

Grinding out results.

We make far too many individual errors and defending cross balls all season has been poor.

It's a shite platform from which to win games from.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I think we'll see Shankland played as a penalty box striker, a return to a back 4 and us trying to play on the front foot at a higher tempo. 

It'll maybe take the players a few games to change style. 

Today, it's them, and three points against them should be routine. Shankland to score and Barrie Mackay to come out of hiding and cause absolute chaos.

No fear. FTH. 

Edited by blairdin

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

100%.

Sibbick should not be in midfield. 

If playing defence all the way.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip,  pur biggest issue all Seaham been the defence. 

That needs to be sorted first, clean sheets then go from there.

Get clean sheets and we will then get results and score goals. 

Every manager or coach knows this and I'm sure Naismith is on he the ball.

Clarke who he works with is one of the most pragmatic coaches ever.

In s ottish football it gets results.

Aberdeen,  have not played that well still away from home, the difference is they can now defend and they are being clinical.

Grinding out results.

We make far too many individual errors and defending cross balls all season has been poor.

It's a shite platform to win games from.

Planning a visit to north east England? 😂

The midfield is just as critical as the defence imo. Quite how he’s going to sort those two areas out I’m not sure. 

Our defence as a unit is rank rotten. A lot depends on where Naismith and co have had a chance to work on it in such a short time frame .

Lose and we'll continue this free fall,  win and we have got a great chance of 3rd. 

We'll know a lot after the first 15 mins as to how we are finishing the season .

section s heart

Re our aerial weakness from free kicks and corners. Take a leaf out of Gowzer's chat in SATF a few weeks back re discipline, being focused on not giving away silly free kicks. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

Planning a visit to north east England? 😂

The midfield is just as critical as the defence imo. Quite how he’s going to sort those two areas out I’m not sure. 

Yes and no, We can play a bit different tho and go more direct or play an extra midfielder.We can control a lot of how we use our midfield. 

Snodgrass getting punted already shows a massive change on how we'll use our midfield 

We can't control the other team knocking cannon balls into our Box, see Ross county last night.

St mirren hitting Main last week.

All you can do is prepare to defend them and Hope your defenders win their personal aerial duels, not something I have high hopes of.

We simply lack experience and aggression. 

I can't see that being fixed until the summer. 

On the plus side, Hibs aren't a long ball side, they aren't that physical and are the perfect team for us to play against imo.

They try and play through you, are on a losing streak and it's hibs.

Perfect game for us at their gaff tbh.

It's the Curtis Main types,  v veen, Jordan White types etc that give me the fear atm as these types just bully our entire central defence.

Utterly shite tbh, but been a theme all season. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Our defence as a unit is rank rotten. A lot depends on where Naismith and co have had a chance to work on it in such a short time frame .

Lose and we'll continue this free fall,  win and we have got a great chance of 3rd. 

We'll know a lot after the first 15 mins as to how we are finishing the season .

Yip, and I don't have much hope of our defence suddenly becoming an aggressive,  dominant unit.

Massive failing for us this season,  especially in January when we knew Halkett was goosed for much longer.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Everyone worries about our defence…..have you see theirs it’s equally shite! 
We will win as we have owned these tramps from day dot.