***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Zander

Smith  Sibbick   Rowles  Cochrane

Halliday   Devlin

Grant (last chance)

Ginelly                       Kuol (Humps)

Shankland

Front 3 constantly rotating

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Various folks have highlighted Youan as being a threat, but it's worth pointing out that Kukharevych is back from injury and took his goal v Dun U very well.

Looks a decent player from what I have seen of him.  Big lad too.

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He is the main source of concern I have against our defence. He is big and strong, whereas at the moment our defence has been very weak and easily bullied. Look at the weekend how much Rowles was ragdolled by Curtis Main. 

LochcarronJambo
51 minutes ago, waterboy11 said:

He is the main source of concern I have against our defence. He is big and strong, whereas at the moment our defence has been very weak and easily bullied. Look at the weekend how much Rowles was ragdolled by Curtis Main. 

Yes, it’s a concern alright….hope Naismith instills a bit more bravery in them

Now that Naisy is interim, I'm sure he'll be able to galvanize the dressing room and we'll come out rejuvenated. If Zander is back I predict another clean sheet but if Stewart is still deputising then a score draw. We won't lose because no matter how bad we are hibs always feck it up for our amusement.

ViewfromtheEast
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I think/hope we'll play a front three of Kukharevych, Nisbet and Youan. They're enough to give any team problems. However we suffer from the same issue as you, a lack of pace/movement in midfield. Defence is a lottery with Johnson picking the team. Fish has become a good player, excellent at clearing the box, growing in confidence but still pretty raw and his inexperience shows at times. Marshall is way off it too.

I think for us, given the players at our disposal, that attack will be the best form of defence. See how that pans out. 

Zander

Halliday   Devlin

Grant (last chance)

Shankland

Harsh to say last chance for Grant. He’s been in and out the team and played out of position at times.

FWIW I think he is best in a 10 role behind the striker, think he played there at home to DU earlier this season.

Hope he is given a run from now.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Haring and Humphreys have to play

Haring is done.

Good servent but  he's probably the only player in the team slower than Snodgrass. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Zander

Halliday   Devlin

Grant (last chance)

Shankland

Is Clark definitely back?

3 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Is Clark definitely back?

Sure I read there was a good chance of him being back.  Could be wrong though.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Fingers crossed. 

Takeshi kovac
5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Zander

Halliday   Devlin

Grant (last chance)

Shankland

Humps to start and this would be my team

Pasquale for King

We could do with Tobys pace at CH, RB and CM. Quite a few issues for the new management team to sort out all over the pitch. 

Luckies1874

Clark 

Atkinson   Rowles  Kingsley  Cochrane

Sibbick

Devlin      Grant

McKay

Shankland     Humphrys

Legs legs legs. No Snodski, no Haring, no Halliday, no Smith. Give Atkinson the rest of the games and see what he can do. Smith is finished and should be away at the end of the season. Haring similarly. Yes there is an argument for Halliday but I want us to play a more youthful and energetic side. The other question is Ginnelly's availability (my understanding is he is definitely leaving in the summer) but I also want to see Humphrys played with Shankland to see if he is worth considering for next season. Impossible to tell currently. 

LogicalEric

Watched the 2nd half of their game on Sunday. Could see Nisbet was completely fed up with the lack of service. Bar some awful defending by Mulgrew they weren't scoring. 

Need legs to win the battle in midfield and get Shankland some support. A game for Humphrys imo 

28 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Clark 

Sibbick

Devlin      Grant

McKay

Shankland     Humphrys

Legs legs legs. No Snodski, no Haring, no Halliday, no Smith. Give Atkinson the rest of the games and see what he can do. Smith is finished and should be away at the end of the season. Haring similarly. Yes there is an argument for Halliday but I want us to play a more youthful and energetic side. The other question is Ginnelly's availability (my understanding is he is definitely leaving in the summer) but I also want to see Humphrys played with Shankland to see if he is worth considering for next season. Impossible to tell currently. 

Agree with this. Humphrys will bully their shit defence. It’s vital he starts with Shankland

lost in space

Apologies if already reported but full match is on BBC ALBA from 6pm on Saturday.

Just have to turn the sound off.

I think that's why we plated Stewart on Saturday because Clark had been training but wasn't ready. Hopefully Zander is fit for the derby. 

Aussie Jambo
5 hours ago, ViewfromtheEast said:

I think/hope we'll play a front three of Kukharevych, Nisbet and Youan. They're enough to give any team problems. However we suffer from the same issue as you, a lack of pace/movement in midfield. Defence is a lottery with Johnson picking the team. Fish has become a good player, excellent at clearing the box, growing in confidence but still pretty raw and his inexperience shows at times. Marshall is way off it too.

I think for us, given the players at our disposal, that attack will be the best form of defence. See how that pans out. 

778593B1-8986-480A-942C-FCDBAFB9A3CA.jpeg

9 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Zander

Halliday   Devlin

Grant (last chance)

Shankland

Halliday.   No thank you.

Keeper

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin         Grant 

No Idea 

Gino                         Kuol

Shankland

Id maybe make one curve ball change to mix the vibe up a bit, fire a young lad in to run himself into the ground.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

Apologies if already reported but full match is on BBC ALBA from 6pm on Saturday.

I actually prefer the commentary compared to the usual weegie nonsense. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Much rather have Haring than Halliday. Halliday is a man short in central midfield. 

Definitely 

42 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Halliday.   No thank you.

Spot on

1 hour ago, hisnameis said:

Much rather have Haring than Halliday. Halliday is a man short in central midfield. 

Did you think that when he scored 2 v hibs ?

and probably about the last time Haring was fit btw

Edited by 1971fozzy

The Treasurer

This is two teams with a dodgy defence and a striker who, given the right service, will score goals.

It's therefore down to getting the tactics/formation right and which set of players want it more.

4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Haring & Halliday = 🚪👋

Yup, fully expect a major clear out in the summer . Including some of out recent extremely poor additions 

It's difficult to predict what Naismith's first selection will be but I am encouraged to think he won't accept any less than 100% from everyone.  I think this will be a hard fought 1-1 draw.

Aussie Jambo
40 minutes ago, fila said:

Yup, fully expect a major clear out in the summer . Including some of out recent extremely poor additions 

GMS 🚪👋

Smith 🚪👋

Hill 🚪👋

Kio🚪👋

Forrest 🚪👋

Atkinson🚪👋(I know but he’s not really done the biz)

Who else?

By The Light..
12 hours ago, lost in space said:

Absolutely!

47 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

GMS 🚪👋

Smith 🚪👋

Hill 🚪👋

Kio🚪👋

Forrest 🚪👋

Who else?

Gino 

Grant 

Snodgrass ( potentially done already !)

Halliday 

ODO , maybe to early on this one, but I smell shite😆

48 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

GMS 🚪👋

Smith 🚪👋

Hill 🚪👋

Kio🚪👋

Forrest 🚪👋

Who else?

Any new manager will want to assess the squad though. Wouldn't surprise me if any of those players were retained but admittedly some will go. 

23 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Clark

Smith Hill Rowles Cochrane

Sibbick Devlin

Grant

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Tobys energy could be well served in midfield, even just for one day

Don't mind that.  Hill is the issue imo.  If I were Naisy, I'd be spending the week battering balls at whoever the 2 CHs are to be.  Over the top, in from wide, high on top of them.  Bater batter batter.  Get Gino, Kuol and Oda chasing long high balls and have our CHs dealing with them.  All week!!!!

I'd be happy to see Toby CH, RB or CM to be honest.  I think he could valuable in any of those positions.  I get why we'd maybe want him CM as we do lack energy, he'll win headers and tackles, he'll cover the ground and he's good on the ball too.  Don't mind it at all.  But he could do the same from RB and give us a wee bit more drive than Smudge does.  The gist of the above team is right for me though and I think roughly what Naisy will do.

Only other ? is maybe Bazza.  Might we play Humps and look to physically batter then a bit more to start the game and bring Barrie on later when it's opened up?  Maybe...

The Old Tolbooth
19 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Zander

Halliday   Devlin

Grant (last chance)

Shankland

This nails it for me, and have Pollock (if fit enough) to stand by if Grant isn't up to scratch. 

Midfield is the major concern, we have no legs in there at all. Is Pollock an option or is this too big an ask for him to come in? I've always been impressed with him when he has played in the first team. 

I would also play Atkinson RB, Smith is clearly done everything slows down with him. The players owe it to themselves and the fans to come out firing on all cylinders and show they are not as humpty as we think they are. Clearly there is ability in the squad, hopefully Nisy gets the best out of them and we play players in their most effective position. 

13 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Clark 

Sibbick

Devlin      Grant

McKay

Shankland     Humphrys

Surely we have learnt over the years that we have to have a balanced back four. Playing 3 players whose right foot is for standing on in the same back line is madness! Get Sibbick in at RCB and Rowles beside him!