***Kilmarnock V Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread***

Masonic

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He's been out since October with no match fitness whatsoever. He'd be chasing shadows, no chance of him starting IMO and really hope he doesn't.

Why the glass so empty?
You been watching Pete in training?

“No match fitness whatsoever” he’ll been back training for nearly a month by the time of this game.  He is back fit, that’s public info today Bandersons big scoop. Could be just what we need, someone to come in and show a bit of fight, smash a few bodies and pick a few worldy passes.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Pasquale for King

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Devlin is oot.

Aye so he is!

i just meant in general, should be in our starting 11

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This patter is getting very boring

I’m as much a hearts fan as anyone else here 

You don’t even use the proper noun, Hearts. That’s typical disrespect from you toward our club. Disgrace 👎

21 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Tommy walker

I was reflecting on Waddell and Wallace's shared enthusiasm for coaching innovation not answering the question concerning Hearts' adoption of 4-4-2.

Juxtaposing Tommy Walker and Willie Waddell - not one to summon up happy memories ,alas, on the eve of a Killie match!

Im actually looking forward to this one now and fancy a reaction from the club. Always a good day out even if football is gash. Few beers and laughs.

0-2 hearts

Jambo 4 Ever
33 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You don’t even use the proper noun, Hearts. That’s typical disrespect from you toward our club. Disgrace 👎

:bigyawn:

5 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can take a defeat any time if the players have ran, tackled, fought, and attacked the full game. I can’t take getting beat passing the ball between our back 3 and not even challenging second balls. We need to be aggressive, no more shitebag performances from the players. Get stuck In or leave.

Agree.  The last performance gave me shuddering flashbacks to when it started to get bad under Cathro.

Sitting back, hoping for time and space to play football and not making contact with the opposition.   Not proactive, not on the move and being in the mix for the breaks.  Aberdeen seemed to pick up everything. Only in the 2nd half when it was too late did we see the customary reaction from a trailing team. More fight, more running.etc….

It’s a problem only Hearts can answer.  Has it become too embedded in the way we play, or have we got players who’ll switch back on and realise the basics need to be correct first?  Has the manager been imposing this over the last two weeks?  

My fear is Neilson always goes on about not changing how we play. I know he largely means our shape but is it having an effect on the players mentality?  The more we go through the same routine without evidence there’s more intensity in the players themselves, you wonder if they are a little disillusioned with it?  The manager needs to spark them again, maybe a fresher approach and personnel change?

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

😆 name-change incoming

It was an open goal, bud. 😄

alicante jambo

The players can put a lot of things right at killie. Go out there and play to their potential and we will win the game the fans will be back onside and hopefully gain a bit of confidence. We are still in 3rd place but the players need to turn up. Im no confident they will but fingers crossed. Mackay would not be near that first 11 for sure he has been a disgrace this season.

pettigrewsstylist

Horrible carpet posing as elite sport venue.

Set peice handy opponent.

Defeat wont surprise me or deflate me.

A failure to see an energetic, organised, 90 min reaction from this squad would be seriously concerning though.

Shooglie pegs if so.

20 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Horrible carpet posing as elite sport venue.

Set peice handy opponent.

Defeat wont surprise me or deflate me.

A failure to see an energetic, organised, 90 min reaction from this squad would be seriously concerning though.

Shooglie pegs if so.

It's all to do with how we set out for this game for me and in terms of how we respond. 

If we persist with the 3-4-3 then there really has to be an immediate change in how we operate within the system as if you just take trend on points, we will be up against it from the start. 

it was reported that after the sheep debacle that there were scheduled talks with the manager and players. You just wonder if changing formation or tactics was maybe discussed as part of that meeting or not 

We haven't maximised our points total away from home this season and that's an understatement. 

Robbie has a real chance to put down a marker for changing the current system, starting at Killie, but whether he does or not, only time will tell. 

If we get beat there is a good chance our lead is down to one or two points.

If we get beat and we start with a back 3 and Snodgrass in a two man midfield then Nielson is trying to get sacked 

I suspect we'll get beat. There's been nothing to suggest our away form will get any better.

We're easy enough to work out with our style of play.

Both teams have had a good rest.

I predict a high intensity game ruined as usual by a Shite surface, Shite refereeing and a Shite result.

2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

The players can put a lot of things right at killie. Go out there and play to their potential and we will win the game the fans will be back onside and hopefully gain a bit of confidence. We are still in 3rd place but the players need to turn up. Im no confident they will but fingers crossed. Mackay would not be near that first 11 for sure he has been a disgrace this season.

Spot on.

2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Aye, with only FOUR goals in contention for goal of the season.

Shame on him. 😁

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

If we get beat there is a good chance our lead is down to one or two points.

If we get beat and we start with a back 3 and Snodgrass in a two man midfield then Nielson is trying to get sacked 

If we get beat…….

this place will go into meltdown mate.

Huge match not just for the battle for 3rd place but also the belief and momentum that us fans need. Neilson has to send the players out like this is a cup final. 100 miles an hour. Win the battle. Win the right to play football. We've got better players than them so let's show it. 

Come on Hearts!!

51 minutes ago, One five said:

If we get beat…….

this place will go into meltdown mate.

Its actually on these occasions that Robbie pulls a Rabbit out of the hat and shoots the plane out of the Sky.

Not seeing it myself tomorrow because its an away fixture. 

This is JKB so anything but a 3 nil win will be deemed as failure anyway.

On 30/03/2023 at 16:56, sirwalter said:

Willie Waddle who, interestingly, would take big Jock from Tynecastle to Ibrox.

I remember hearing a Donald Ford interview years ago and he said John Harvey copied the system from Burnley. They were successful in that period having won their league, like ourselves, in 1960.

gorgierulesapply88
On 30/03/2023 at 14:36, OTT said:

Don't pay a huge amount of attention to our youth team, but he seems to have 7 goals and 11 assists as a LB in the B team at 16? 

Thats really impressive. I hope we can see him integrated into the team over the coming seasons. Stats wise he sounds like a wingback. 

I'd throw him in now, look how much Hickey came on as a player. I'm a fan of inverted wing-backs aswell so there is no reason we he cannot be tried on the right.

LochcarronJambo
34 minutes ago, zeke1874 said:

Huge match not just for the battle for 3rd place but also the belief and momentum that us fans need. Neilson has to send the players out like this is a cup final. 100 miles an hour. Win the battle. Win the right to play football. We've got better players than them so let's show it. 

Come on Hearts!!

If only the team are sent out with a press & intensity right from the off, be surprised if thats the case-thats not being anti-Robbie, its just the way we have been playing for some time & I dont think he will change it, hoping for a win but might be less….. please let me be wrong

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Shame on him. 😁

You don’t think he has been pretty shite this season and a man short in all the big games in addition to many of the run of the mill games?   Forrest has scored as many as him from a fraction of the game time.  Or do you get more goals / points because it is a shot from distance?

Rocky jamboa
9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

In reality it’s not really about the manager but the players.

Too many individuals have gone off the boil lately having had good spells mid-season.

Yes the manager has overall responsibility but with 9 games left we aren’t going to reinvent the tactical wheel. We have our way of playing and the proof of the pudding is the league table right now. When our players execute it properly we’ve shown we can fillet teams with some top team goals. Look at those goal of the season contenders for the proof. 

Hopefully this is our chance to come back fresh, reset and get back to doing what we’ve done best this season which is score those good team goals

Just don’t feel we have enough quality defenders to firmly shut the door at the back, so we need our top marksmen to step up McKay, Shankland and Ginelly plus Humps and Forrest hopefully able to chip in some shifts.

Fancy us to be involved in more high scoring entertaining games Killie 2 Hearts 3 in this one 

It is about the manager though. If he continues to play the wrong formation and players out of position, it is about him! 

Everyone can see 4231 suits us better and who should play where. 

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I suspect we'll get beat. There's been nothing to suggest our away form will get any better.

We're easy enough to work out with our style of play.

Both teams have had a good rest.

I predict a high intensity game ruined as usual by a Shite surface, Shite refereeing and a Shite result.

.....and a shite lineup and shite formation!

Fozzyonthefence
14 hours ago, jonesy said:

Any advice on best parking spots in Killie for the game?

Ask Robbie.  He usually tries to park the bus at away games.  

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

.....and a shite lineup and shite formation!

No, disagree with that. Only people who play gaming machines and have never played football come out with the formation guff. 

Rocky jamboa
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No, disagree with that. Only people who play gaming machines and have never played football come out with the formation guff. 

You happy with the formation and line up??

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

You happy with the formation and line up??

Not my job to pick the starting 11. 

Keeper is great, so it's 10. 

Forward line of Shanks and Gino is great, so it's 8 etc etc etc. . . See where this is going ?

Formations are a myth, how are Killie lining up tomorrow? 

Work hard, find space. Football is a simple game. Formations are for gamers.

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Great 1st goal here though, eh? Not bad coming from an alleged parked bus.

Rocky jamboa
11 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not my job to pick the starting 11. 

Keeper is great, so it's 10. 

Forward line of Shanks and Gino is great, so it's 8 etc etc etc. . . See where this is going ?

Formations are a myth, how are Killie lining up tomorrow? 

Work hard, find space. Football is a simple game. Formations are for gamers.

I'm not saying it's your job to pick the team. It's robbies! As you seem to be alluding to, the team seems to pick itself so why does it not???

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

With the doors open and the keys in the ignition. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Great 1st goal here though, eh? Not bad coming from an alleged parked bus.

Didn’t we get pumped 3-1 with us only getting 29% possession?  Sounds like a parked bus to me.  

And you do realise that one of the tactics of parking the bus is to hit quickly on the break yeah?  You know, like we did with that goal?

Anyway lighten up ffs, it was tongue in cheek!  Do you have to jump to the defence of every slight Bob criticism?!

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Shame on him. 😁

The total time for these goals to be scored was probably in total 30/45 seconds.

He averages 75/85 minutes a game. If only he could play with last season consistency we’d all be happy. He’s not been good for months.

AC Mallin_51
3 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Beni in the squad today I'm hearing 

Think it’s an April fool unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Beni in the squad today I'm hearing 

Aye along with Bjorn, Anna and Agnethia.

AC Mallin_51
24 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Sakes forgot the day 

I fell for it on Facebook also, why are some people so cruel 😂😭

Nelly Terraces

Adapt or die. That’s a lesson Robbie really needs to take heed of. Several under performing players need dropped, formation needs changed & our attitude needs a complete overhaul. 

3pts today please, anything less is failure.

Jambos who support hearts will be at the game singing for 90+mins. Others will be pacing the floor having the misfortune of having to listen to the game on the radio. Always supporting though. Then there will be the other small group spouting their pi%% on JKB slagging off Robbie and all the players - just repeating their bile from the past few weeks. 

Just now, Baxfee said:

Jambos who support hearts will be at the game singing for 90+mins. Others will be pacing the floor having the misfortune of having to listen to the game on the radio. Always supporting though. Then there will be the other small group spouting their pi%% on JKB slagging off Robbie and all the players - just repeating their bile from the past few weeks. 

👏👏

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Spot on 👍

9 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Adapt or die. That’s a lesson Robbie really needs to take heed of. Several under performing players need dropped, formation needs changed & our attitude needs a complete overhaul. 

3pts today please, anything less is failure.

I hope so but it’s more likely he won’t change anything and hope the players sort of snap out of it on their own. Killie are shite as well so ever hopeful. Big game with Aberdeen and Hibs both got a decent chance of 3 points. 

Thunder and Lightning
19 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This patter is getting very boring

I’m as much a hearts fan as anyone else here 

Why don't you ask one of your mod mates to prove it. After all you're besties eh. 😂 

No reason or evidence to be confident today. 

Defence and midfield a mess. 

Here’s hoping Robbie has done some work over the last two weeks. 

We're getting back on the horse today. 2-1 to us. Hibs and Aberdeen dropping points will be a bonus, and all will be well with the world!