Neilson Poll March 2023

kingantti1874

Neilson Poll March 2023  

979 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be hearts manager?

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Totally get the not sures, but who is saying he should stay?? Ffs 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Me.  At this time it would be foolish. Imo.

This is total kneejerk and not focusing on the bigger picture of getting 3rd and securing European Group football. 

Its an open poll too.  Click the people object on the right and view yourself.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

This is now March we have not won an away game since Oct 5 months without an away win in the league is never good enough .

15 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Robbie needs time and better recruitment imo. We don’t need to change or move on from him. 

He’s not getting the personnel he wants in atm. Full houses and £140k per month from FOH and that’s what we serve up😳.  I’m not sure his assistants are what we need either and I struggle to see what Jig brings to our team. Radical overhaul and new personnel required. My own thoughts are Smith, Gino, Snodgrass, Forrest, McKay, Kio, Hill and Halliday are not what we need to get us to the next level never mind europa conference league group stages. Woeful, shocking and inept today. Wake up call was what we needed and 3rd place is still ours to lose 

Neilson persisting with McKay sums it all up for me. He’s never going to take us to the next level, he can’t get the best out of the players he has never mind better ones. 

Nearly 40 points behind celtic and 30 off Rangers after 29 games. Says it all really. You can go on about Celtic and rangers being a class above but it doesn’t account to that amount of points dropped. And yes today was absolute shocking

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

This is total kneejerk and not focusing on the bigger picture of getting 3rd and securing European Group football. 

It wouldn't be foolish because he has lost the dressing room.

comradejambo
1 minute ago, kwizbet09 said:

This is now March we have not won an away game since Oct 5 months without an away win in the league is never good enough .

We won in Perth in December …. But agree it’s not been good enough away 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Times up most definitely. I’ve defended as much as anyone but I have flipped for the last time.

he’s no the man. He doesn’t learn.  He stubborn and he’s arrogant. 

You know I could of saved you this thread 2 years ago and Hearts a lot of money 😂🤣.

Reality he's just signed a new deal he ain't going anywhere, so as much as i wanted change.

Controversial as it is, I'm backing him until end of season.

Rick Sanchez

It's easier said than done but it'd be good to find a really good up and coming manager. Someone who knows his stuff.

The only previous that Savage has is Eva Olid. Which certainly shows he'd scour the world for the best candidate.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I don't believe he has tbh.

2 minutes ago, kwizbet09 said:

That’s awful but not surprising. His away record is stinking

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We’ve been shit all season with a clueless manager in charge. This really isn’t knee-jerk. It’s the exact opposite. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Neilson persisting with McKay sums it all up for me. He’s never going to take us to the next level, he can’t get the best out of the players he has never mind better ones. 

I would only keep Gordon, Clark, Sibbick, Halkett, Beni, Boyce and Shankland, the rest can go along with the management team.

Fort Vallance

Really.  Knee jerk ? We've been shit for months. IMO it would be foolish not to. Wait till it's too late. Like going to a 4 when you're 2 down. 

7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think I could guess a few plus the interlopers. 

He has us sitting in 3rd right now 3rd is the best we can possibly be 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

To time go, but he won't.  We'll stumble along for another couple of years and Budge, will eventually say that she should have got rid of him long before now.  Just like she did with Levein.

This is a fact with her but does she have the say now 

Luckies1874

I hear what you are saying but for me the bigger picture is that I don't want Robbie Neilson crawling over the line in 3rd which will mean we have all this shit again next season. It's boring now. This guy is never doing anything notable with us so let's clean house and go in a more positive direction. I want us to finish 3rd with a positive summer ahead to build something better, to use the bigger budget to become better. So we aren't pitying the away support week in week out next season. We are so much better than what we are watching. Said it several times, we are in 3rd despite him not because of him. He is underachieving in respect to our performances and our away results and are only lucky that it took Aberdeen so long to get rid of Goodwin. Will we make the same mistake?

Just now, saki jambo said:

Please don’t you cannot be happy with this 

Nerja Jambo

I recall back in day Willie Ormond was sacked when we were top of the Championship. It took the Hearts Board then, balls, something I don't think the present Board posses.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, saki jambo said:

Hi interloper. 

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's easier said than done but it'd be good to find a really good up and coming manager. Someone who knows his stuff.

The only previous that Savage has is Eva Olid. Which certainly shows he'd scour the world for the best candidate.

tbf I'd have hired Eva and I known nothing about women's football. 😁

Edited by Japan Jambo

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

I hear what you are saying but for me the bigger picture is that I don't want Robbie Neilson crawling over the line in 3rd which will mean we have all this shit again next season. It's boring now. This guy is never doing anything notable with us so let's clean house and go in a more positive direction. I want us to finish 3rd with a positive summer ahead to build something better, to use the bigger budget to become better. So we aren't pitying the away support week in week out next season. We are so much better than what we are watching. Said it several times, we are in 3rd despite him not because of him. He is underachieving in respect to our performances and our away results and are only lucky that it took Aberdeen so long to get rid of Goodwin. Will we make the same mistake?

Just gave him a new deal.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Lost the dressing room?

It certainly looks like it 

Any decent players must be thinking what is he doing. Goodbye Robbie just go now 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Agree with most of that mate.  Hard to argue with the points and the logic.

Fort Vallance

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He hasn't lost the dressing room for the simple reason the dressing room are sitting there with a *** easy life. Why would they want him sacked. A new manager would find them out in five minutes flat.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just gave him a new deal.

A bewildering decision which calls into question whether the decision makers have a clue. A guy who nobody else wants and who has achieved the bare minimum. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Times up most definitely. I’ve defended as much as anyone but I have flipped for the last time.

he’s no the man. He doesn’t learn.  He stubborn and he’s arrogant. 

Mate you’re so Right stubborn an arrogant  and has let a good lead slip. GO NOW AND TAKE TEETH AND CROME DOME WITH YOU !  

Fort Vallance
4 minutes ago, saki jambo said:

Your "right now" says it all.

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

A bewildering decision which calls into question whether the decision makers have a clue. A guy who nobody else wants and who has achieved the bare minimum. 

No comment 🫣.

A_A wehatethehibs

I would say it’s a big moment in Robbie’s career as Hearts manager now tbh, even as a supporter of his through this season.

Short memories, folk forget how well he has done to put us 3rd with the injuries he had to contend with. We have scored a lot of great goals this season and there’s been a lot of positives. We were in great form after the World Cup 10 games unbeaten. Snodgrass was looking imperious but his legs have now given up the ghost. But it is right that we don’t ignore the best bits of this season. 

We have now seen a string of poor performances and 4 L’s out of 4 against Rangers Celtic and Aberdeen. That’s who we will be facing off against in the top 6. Along with Hibs who Robbie has had the dominant upper hand over but they have improved. Other teams have improved where we have stayed still. That’s what’s happened. We’ve been caught up. The 3-4-3 is now a confirmed busted flush with the personnel currently available to us, teams find it far too easy to play against us. 

With that in mind Robbie needs to find a new formula immediately because hard games are coming thick and fast.

Nerja Jambo
9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Trust me, when players don't give their all game after game, the dressing room has been lost.

7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Good post!

He Who Cannot Be Named

Would rather miss out on Europe this season than Robbie embarrass us again.

Batistuta87

Undecided. 

My patience hasn't quite run out but it's getting there. Recent results not good enough, even the wins have been cagey. 

50/50. 

Scott Leitch
10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Looked it today to be fair. Cochrane had a go at him and he's hooked. The body language of the players today and then Hill arguing with the fans at the end. The players are ****ed off with this shite. For the record I would have agreed before today that he gets until the end of the season but the way it's going he's going to blow it. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, saki jambo said:

You joined in 2022 

Who's the interloper 

:vrface: donations :rofl:

I prefer to make donations to the ticket thread (check it out).

Glad you could pop in though, your contribution has been great to this thread!!

Nerja Jambo
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

And bring who in? Mourinho or pep? What's the master plan? Love to hear it.

The master plan starting point is get rid of RN, appoint Naismith until the end of the season. Ketterwell has turned Motherwell round and Robson has turned Aberdeen round. We would then have the new coach syndrome which seems to work for every other club.

Gave myself some tie to consider this, but I have lost faith. Absolute shambles tacticaly and the players look utterly lost. We keep playing the same formation with the same outcome.

The lack of fight in the first half confirmed to me that the players have had enough as well.

56 minutes ago, martoon said:

My money is on:

"I thought we recovered after the slow start and competed well".

You forgot passed it about well without really doing much , one or two wee chances.

56 minutes ago, martoon said:

My money is on:

"I thought we recovered after the slow start and competed well".

You forgot passed it about well without really doing much , one or two wee chances.