Neilson Poll March 2023

kingantti1874

Neilson Poll March 2023  

979 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be hearts manager?

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Your "right now" says it all.

I have followed hearts for 53 yrs

We cannot win the league!

He has us in 3rd just now hopefully we can invest in the team in the next few yrs 

But go back and have a look at some of the posts about the player's

One minute they are world beater's the next shite 

Where they are probably somewhere in-between

That's not to say I'm happy with today's performance 🙁

To not have a shot on target against Celtic or Rangers far enough but Aberdeen 🙁

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Have we had the clowns excuse for this shambles yet, who has he blamed this time.

All is ok because we were good in the second half. 

Cut The Crap

I’m bored of Robbie and bored of Robbieball but I’m more than terrified at the prospect of who our board might appoint in his place based on their past efforts.

Unfortunately, he’s our best chance of clinching third, so no change for me for now.

Japan Jambo
12 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Looked it today to be fair. Cochrane had a go at him and he's hooked. The body language of the players today and then Hill arguing with the fans at the end. The players are ****ed off with this shite. For the record I would have agreed before today that he gets until the end of the season but the way it's going he's going to blow it. 

yup, watching Casper 'play' ninety minutes every week must grate on others after a while, particularly when they are being played out of position and getting dropped/hooked. we have the first 20+ goals in a season striker and I wouldn't be shocked if Robbie started him at DM. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I’m bored of Robbie and bored of Robbieball but I’m more than terrified at the prospect of who our board might appoint in his place based on their past efforts.

Unfortunately, he’s our best chance of clinching third, so no change for me for now.

Let naisy have a go. 

Not his biggest fan and definitely not a fan of a lot of what is happening on the pitch right now. I would say we have to tread carefully. When we got rid of him last time it didn’t turn out too good did it. 

1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Not his biggest fan and definitely not a fan of a lot of what is happening on the pitch right now. I would say we have to tread carefully. When we got rid of him last time it didn’t turn out too good did it. 

when was that?

Just now, Martin_T said:

Based on what? 

You could say the same about Neilson when he first got job

kingantti1874
Just now, Martin_T said:

Based on what? 

he’s an intelligent demanding guy who would command respect. 

Voted not sure as I was defending him last week. Didn't see that coming at all. What's really concerning was how important that game was and the performance the players put on. 

He has a clear objective to get 3rd. He has to get the team playing better than that. That was awful today. 

jamboiain13

had enough of the toothless underperforming tinkering and sheer bloody mindedness of him and the rest of the management team who after each gutless showing fail to learn from mistakes and stumble blindly on hoping that 'the system' will come good.  Was willing to give some more time but how do you set up a team to lose an early goal every game and consistently not put opposition under a suitable amount of pressure from the start of the match.  Everyone else knows how to play us and for how long now do teams simply get in our faces and bully us out of the points.  Way too soft in defence, tinkers with midfield and shoe horns players in every week to suit his own agenda.  Just get to Robbie and let HMFC take the next step, we are too big for you son and as long as you are in charge we will continue to fail to lay a glove on either Celtic or Rangers and lose ground to those chasing when realistically we should be pushing on and creating as insurmountable gap from us to Hobos and Sheep as there is from us to the a**e cheeks

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Voted not sure as I was defending him last week. Didn't see that coming at all. What's really concerning was how important that game was and the performance the players put on. 

He has a clear objective to get 3rd. He has to get the team playing better than that. That was awful today. 

You really didn’t see that coming 😳?

Corstorphine Jambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Let naisy have a go. 

That’s where I am at. Give him to the summer to see if he can improve things and earn himself the job on a permanent basis. Of course, like any appointment it is a risk but to have someone with his experience at the club, surely it’s worth a try?

12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

2 weeks until the next league game, we should be giving him his jotters tonight. 

Really? Who have we got sorted out that is going to get us over the line?

1 minute ago, stevie said:

You really didn’t see that coming 😳?

Honestly mate. I didn't. It was a home game for them but they aren't exactly world beaters 

I expected a reaction from us, I really did and given how important that game was 

A better coach would get far more out of this squad. He has reached his limit and needs to go in the summer no matter where we finish in the league. He is incapable of learning lessons and puts out teams that quite frankly are far too predictable. Also he makes a tactical change that takes our best goal threat out of the opposing team’s box. What an absolute Delbert with that brilliant piece of decision making. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Jim Jefferies. 

Arthur Morgan

Robbie out now or 3rd is gone for us. Totally unacceptable if we throw what was a 11 point lead away. Absolutely awful away from home, no shots on target again, not the first time that's happened this season. He's absolutely obsessed with this ****** 3-4-3 when we don't have the players for it and he loves playing players out of position? Why does he have to make it so complicated? He's a clown.

I voted not sure. It's hard to say someone should be sacked for having us 3rd. But I also understand he's not getting the best out of this squad. Savage, if that's the role of his job, should sit him down and tell him this system we play is dog shit, slow and boring. Neilson most weeks comment on how slow we are and passing for the sake of passing yet does absolutely nothing to fix it. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” From our man Albert Einstein

17 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

That's because that erse Levein was calling the shots then.  Savage will be much better at finding a decent replacement.

Nucky Thompson

I've never been inspired by him, he's got zero personality

He's took a bunch of fairly talented players and ruined them

Arthur Morgan
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Could you imagine him trying to motivate a group of players? 😂

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

A potted plant would have got more out of that team today and at Motherwell. 

I’d still give him til the end of the season but I’ll be disappointed if he’s still here next season. A very limited manager, always on a learning curve, yet never seems to learn anything. 

22 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Based on what? 

Barry Robson doing alright from a similar position.

Would Nasmith do worse than the current incumbent? I genuinely don’t believe he would. 

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

See this is the sort of arseholes we are dealing with here. If you are going to make statements about management don't come back with shite like that!

🤣 How is it shite? He could step in, do us a job, get us 3rd while we're looking for a better manager. 

I mean, it was the first name that came into my head, i'm not employed to headhunt managers for Hearts. 

If you want to just stick with Neilson forever, fine, that's your shitty choice. 

Japan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A potted plant would have got more out of that team today and at Motherwell. 

I’d still give him til the end of the season but I’ll be disappointed if he’s still here next season. A very limited manager, always on a learning curve, yet never seems to learn anything. 

any more of a curve it'd be a circle. we need a plan B first though...

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, saki jambo said:

I have followed hearts for 53 yrs

We cannot win the league!

He has us in 3rd just now hopefully we can invest in the team in the next few yrs 

But go back and have a look at some of the posts about the player's

One minute they are world beater's the next shite 

Where they are probably somewhere in-between

That's not to say I'm happy with today's performance 🙁

To not have a shot on target against Celtic or Rangers far enough but Aberdeen 🙁

So do you blame the players that RN signed and can’t motivate or the tactics he has them playing?

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

We're so underwhelming. The fact we could lose 3rd place is a joke

This for me.  The happy clapper tag team will be on later tonight, once they’ve all compared notes and thought about their excuses, and they’ll be telling us how hard a season it’s been with European games.  While there is truth in that it cannot be used as an excuse for our poor form since Christmas, with the European games well out the way.  Blow 3rd from the position we were in and that will be much worse for the club than Brora. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

🤣 How is it shite? He could step in, do us a job, get us 3rd while we're looking for a better manager. 

I mean, it was the first name that came into my head, i'm not employed to headhunt managers for Hearts. 

If you want to just stick with Neilson forever, fine, that's your shitty choice. 

JJ is not shite but the suggestion that he is the man to take over may have been true 15 years back but not now. I am not RN forever BUT you want him gone who is a "realistic" replacement at this time in the season. Robbie Nielson was good enough to get us in to third place as it stands by four points at the moment BUT you want someone to take over to get us over the line explain the logic ?

Nessjambo67
2 hours ago, Hansel said:

Thanks Robbie but you've taken us as far as you can. Time for a change 

Yes totally agree no nasty comments just as you say thanks but change is needed let’s move on 

jamboiain13

Neilson's post match comments -

"All three of them we could stop. There are areas that we need to improve in. The big disappointment was we had a great opportunity to extend our lead in third and we've not done that. We've got two weeks now to stew on it."

Translation - Almost every goal we have conceded this season has come from a fundamental inability to defend and an almost uncanny knack of playing ourselves INTO trouble.  This is THE single most important area we need to improve in and should have sorted it by now through hard work and dedication in training and an intelligent analysis of what is wrong with our system so we can make changes instead of stubbornly sticking to the same old same hoping that it will work but... somehow we haven't yet managed it.  The BIG disappointment is that we have allowed other teams to take control of almost every match from the first whistle and to put ourselves under immediate pressure by following the same stubborn 'game plan' each game, week, season with an apparent lack of basic understanding of how to play to our strengths, play the right players in their best positions and not to tinker with formations etc just for the shits and giggles.  Hence, we are in danger of letting the wee diddy teams like Hibs and Aberdeen represent Scotland in Europe for one qualifier game next season or to do a Newco and register zero goals in a conference league group when we could have and should have used this season's European adventures as building blocks and to incentivise the players for more in an improved campaign next season.  We've got TWO weeks to FIX the issues with team performance, attitude, formation, defending, WINNING and nobody here at the club will be 'stewing' on today's result but EVERYONE will be striving to make amends and to ensure maximum effort is put in over the next two weeks to secure 3 points in the next 4 games before the split so we are in the best possible shape for securing 3rd place come the end of the season. "  

Then and only then can you leave with at least a little bit of dignity and the goodwill of the fans.  

Edited by jamboiain13

Greedy Jambo
Just now, jock _turd said:

JJ is not shite but the suggestion that he is the man to take over may have been true 15 years back but not now. I am not RN forever BUT you want him gone who is a "realistic" replacement at this time in the season. Robbie Nielson was good enough to get us in to third place as it stands by four points at the moment BUT you want someone to take over to get us over the line explain the logic ?

He's not good enough, simple. 

I've known that for a long time, it's a pity people are only now just realising it. 

gordon simpson
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

spot on

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So do you blame the players that RN signed and can’t motivate or the tactics he has them playing?

Yes they are not playing for him they need to get there fingers out

But it's the same players from earlier in the season that some thought were brilliant

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nor are the players, it seems.

RN asked Budge if he could come back to Hearts.  I hope he now asks if he could leave.

One point worth mentioning is that StJoe is not being savaged and yet he was presumably, initially at least, responsible for the quality of the player we now have.  He got the praise when we were winning but seems exempt when we lose.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I’ve already said I’d give Neilson til the end of the season but a new manager bounce might not be a bad thing.  Seems to be working for a hopeless Aberdeen team.  I doubt Barry Robson was first on the list for Aberdeen fans just like Robbie wasn’t for us, first time round. 

Thunder and Lightning

You all clearly have a personal issue with him. 

It's obviously not the fact we have once again had our belly ticked away from home. 

Hole won the championship don't you know... 

Even the BDL have deserted him. 

Seriously tho. This isn't good enough. Not by a long shot. 

I really want Robbie to do well and keep us in third but we have been poor since January. Even in the games that we won, we often haven't played well. The Dundee United and St Mirren games being an example. He could get away with it when we were winning because playing poorly but getting a win is a decent trait. Playing badly and losing is a big problem and it's starting to become a habit.

We've had too many poor performances this season and sadly I can't see Robbie turning it round. I think his time is up. Who to replace him with, I really don't know though.

Gorgie_Rules

Would be mental to get rid of him just now with 9 games to go.

I am happy to erase the 2 Celtic games due to the gulf in finances but today and Motherwell away were poor. In his own words, there is an expectation at Hearts to win every game (whether that statement is fair and justified is another debate).

That aside, we are 4 points clear in the quest to achieve something only 1 other Hearts manager has achieved since 1960. 

Scott Leitch

**** it. Sack this charlatan and advertise the post. Let Naisy take charge in the meantime. The way it stands Neilson isn't getting us third. We are about to blow millions. **** that, bin him. 

Robbo-Jambo
22 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Could you imagine him trying to motivate a group of players? 😂

Nope.