Neilson Poll March 2023

kingantti1874

Neilson Poll March 2023  

979 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be hearts manager?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

Silvery_Moon

I put 'not sure' but in the minority there. I guess I'm thinking give him till the end of the season but if he messes up 3rd he must go.

Naisy is a great shout rather see his passion for the game than that wet f art neilsons approach and his obsession with 4th officials 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Nik5122 said:

Wonder if BOB will accept any blame for his part in this abject humiliation 

Of course not. The players will have failed to carry out instructions 😂

Nerja Jambo
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Mad to punt now. 

You could argue it's mad not to. We had an 11 point lead over Aberdeen and 10 points over Hibs. The man is clueless, fact.

Agree now is not the time but with the fixtures we have 3rd might be gone before we know it. Maybe if we can get max points from home games until end of season. Neilson can not get the team playing away from home for some reason 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Nerja Jambo said:

You could argue it's mad not to. We had an 11 point lead over Aberdeen and 10 points over Hibs. The man is clueless, fact.

We are clear of 3rd and have had a bad run.  Would we bring in better at this stage of the season?  Not for me.

3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I put 'not sure' but in the minority there. I guess I'm thinking give him till the end of the season but if he messes up 3rd he must go.

I honestly think third is far too important to risk keeping him in charge. It’s his failure to realise how poor we were coming up to this match that is most worrying. Like Berra said after Brora ‘I saw it coming’.

I've been on the fence and thinking we might not get any better quality management team in. But now 100% get them out and fresh start. Couldn't careless who is out there this whole 3 at the back thing is utter joke now. Doing something repeatedly wrong and not learning from it is a disgrace and is the sign of an idiot. Get the 3 of them out!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jtkb said:

Agree now is not the time but with the fixtures we have 3rd might be gone before we know it. Maybe if we can get max points from home games until end of season. Neilson can not get the team playing away from home for some reason 

I don’t know why it’s not the time. 

Central Belt 1874

The sooner the better.

Last week I was giving him until the end of the season but any manager who thinks performances like what Barry McKay has been producing for the last month or two are acceptable need to give up on football management.

I highly doubt it, but I hope the club have already a plan in place for his successor.

Edited by Central Belt 1874

RustyRightPeg
57 minutes ago, red said:

Get rid but I can’t see anyone around to replace him. 

With all due respect that isn’t your job. We have people at the club who should be doing this. 

There will be candidates. Very attractive role, good squad. Inept manager managing it. 

Time up Robbie. Can't take us or the players any further and doesn't learn. 

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

There's £5m riding on hoping he doesn't mess up though.

Luckies1874
Just now, David McCaig said:

And this is the key succinct point. 

This is a massive moment for the current board. 

11 minutes ago, hmfc1440 said:

Plenty better than this. Just look out-with Scotland but this Board are very, very lazy & don't lift their heads when looking. 

Other than the OF all the clubs are guilty of this, however in there defence decent managers and coaches are not interested in coming to a league without any substantial transfer budget and a two team league they can’t win, this is why the same names keep regurgitating, proven by Dundee United appointing Jim Goodwin and Aberdeen now looking likely to appoint Barry Robson .

17 minutes ago, hmfc1440 said:

Plenty better than this. Just look out-with Scotland but this Board are very, very lazy & don't lift their heads when looking. 

Example?

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Times up most definitely. I’ve defended as much as anyone but I have flipped for the last time.

he’s no the man. He doesn’t learn.  He stubborn and he’s arrogant. 

Same here.flipped so many times. But thats it for me now.this boys not for turning. Shame as I do like the guy.

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We are clear of 3rd and have had a bad run.  Would we bring in better at this stage of the season?  Not for me.

That's poi tof this...neilson bed wetters don't have any suggestions who would so better.

Look at short list of hibs/hearts/aberdeen when vacancy over recent years...awful names in mix

Robbie needs time and better recruitment imo. We don’t need to change or move on from him. 

He’s not getting the personnel he wants in atm. Full houses and £140k per month from FOH and that’s what we serve up😳.  I’m not sure his assistants are what we need either and I struggle to see what Jig brings to our team. Radical overhaul and new personnel required. My own thoughts are Smith, Gino, Snodgrass, Forrest, McKay, Kio, Hill and Halliday are not what we need to get us to the next level never mind europa conference league group stages. Woeful, shocking and inept today. Wake up call was what we needed and 3rd place is still ours to lose 

Silvery_Moon
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I honestly think third is far too important to risk keeping him in charge. It’s his failure to realise how poor we were coming up to this match that is most worrying. Like Berra said after Brora ‘I saw it coming’.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Agreed.

Don't think I can change my vote now but yeah - best he goes.

No chance he will though.

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

Example?

You think he's the best we can do? Why do t we advertise the job and see who wants it. Sure we won't be short of offers 

As for names I don't think there's a manager in the league who couldn't do the job that helmet is doing. 

Get him to **** before he blows millions failing to get 3rd. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Still on the fence. Rotten away all season and horrific last month or two. Needs to get us going or we're losing third

Why didn't somebody make a poll after the 3-0 win at Easter Road?

I'm sure it would have looked quite different, but then would have had as little value as this one.

Scott Leitch
2 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Robbie needs time and better recruitment imo. We don’t need to change or move on from him. 

He’s not getting the personnel he wants in atm. Full houses and £140k per month from FOH and that’s what we serve up😳.  I’m not sure his assistants are what we need either and I struggle to see what Jig brings to our team. Radical overhaul and new personnel required. My own thoughts are Smith, Gino, Snodgrass, Forrest, McKay, Kio, Hill and Halliday are not what we need to get us to the next level never mind europa conference league group stages. Woeful, shocking and inept today. Wake up call was what we needed and 3rd place is still ours to lose 

He needs time???? 

I’m not saying we shouldn’t consider getting rid of Robbie Neilson, the case for keeping him is diminishing by the week, however I’m certain the list of replacements will be vastly underwhelming, I’m utterly convinced Steven Naismith will ultimately be his replacement and within 3/4 months people will be grumbling again

Edited by jbee647

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Times up most definitely. I’ve defended as much as anyone but I have flipped for the last time.

he’s no the man. He doesn’t learn.  He stubborn and he’s arrogant

About where I am at, I would have used doesn't learn and clueless as well.

jambo-fletch

We’re on a bad run of form, but I still expect us to finish 3rd. We’ve not had back to back 3rd finishes since Levein in the early 2000’s. I fully expect he will be in charge next season

We’ve ridden our luck for ages and it’s running out. Another poor performance to add to a season full of them. See ya Bob and take they two *****’s with you!

5 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Agreed.

Don't think I can change my vote now but yeah - best he goes.

No chance he will though.

Aye he won’t be going anywhere. All academic. 

mellors1874
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

And bring who in? Mourinho or pep? What's the master plan? Love to hear it.

A manager who actually knows what he's doing Christ even Stevie wonder can see were shite under the clown.

Very dangerous time for Neilson. Historically we have struggled in the top 6 and result tend to be difficult because the opposition are a higher standard. If we go into the top 6 with a negative mindset the next 9 weeks could be a very long time. Last year was similar but we had a semi/final to distract us.

I feel the end could be close.

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s just abject performance after abject performance. A budget and squad like no one before him in a pretty dog shit league. 
Enough. 

This is it for me, the advantages the current manager has compared to previous managers. People continually blame the players but it’s the manager who dictates the formation, tactics, players not playing in their favoured positions and the continual changes. Get rid of him now

Can’t get rid of him right now. Would be madness. He’s earned the right to try secure us 3rd this season which I still think he will.

Problem we have is when it’s good it’s really good, when it’s bad it’s so, so bad. 

Seen some of the highest quality goals I can think of this season when his tactics work, but it’s the inability to change tactics and show some fight that kills us, and I think the players have to take responsibility for that as well.

Having said all that, he won’t take us up a level and I think that’s been clear for a long time. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, leginten said:

It’s mid-March, and we’ve lost 18 competitive games so far this season. 

Yep and won 6 from 21 away, with wins against the giants of Hamilton, Ross County, Riga, HIbs, St Johnstone and Motherwell. 

Has AB learnt any lessons of the Levein slhamles?
Alternatively ,as a “fan owned club” what say do we actually have because most of us want Bob gone.

Luckies1874
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Totally get the not sures, but who is saying he should stay?? Ffs 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

I think I could guess a few plus the interlopers.