Neilson Poll March 2023

kingantti1874

Neilson Poll March 2023  

979 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be hearts manager?

kingantti1874

Times up most definitely. I’ve defended as much as anyone but I have flipped for the last time.

he’s no the man. He doesn’t learn.  He stubborn and he’s arrogant. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

Japan Jambo

I hope we have a list of replacements researched and in the drawer, unfortunately I think we'll need to cast a keen eye over them.

Gordon_1874

He done his job and got us promoted then proceeded to steady the ship but on the pitch we have went stale. It's boring and predictable. Our squad of players is good but that ability of the management team doesn't match that. Robbie has took us as far as he can, we need a change.

Voted not sure.

I don't want him for next season, but I'm unsure on whether it's bigger gamble to hope he gets third or change for someone else to secure it.

It does feel like it's unravelling.

It's not just today and the Celtic double header but the consistently awful performances.

I'm not sure who we'd put in place until the end of the season if he was sacked*.

*No chance.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Politely part ways at the end of the season.

Probably the best scenario, but I’m terrified by the length of time the board would take to announce a replacement

To time go, but he won't.  We'll stumble along for another couple of years and Budge, will eventually say that she should have got rid of him long before now.  Just like she did with Levein.

kingantti1874
Just now, jbee647 said:

Probably the best scenario, but I’m terrified by the length of time the board would take to announce a replacement

Joe Savage knows his stuff.  He can see what we see . 

How about former World Cup & Champions League Winner Fabio Cannavaro 1.88pts per game his last club (benevento calcio) currently unemployed

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

You'd like to think so. If not we're ****ed. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I’m sure JS will have options, but the length of time it takes the club to do it’s due diligence is scary if the the Levein/Stendel scenario is anything to go by

Just now, Masonic said:

How about former World Cup & Champions League Winner Fabio Cannavaro 1.88pts per game his last club (benevento calcio) currently unemployed

We couldn't have an Italian manager, their professional standards are too high for players in this Country. 

Luckies1874

Is not getting nearly enough out of the squad. Despite some excellent home results we have barely played well for a sustained period of any match for months. In truth there have been a number of games we have been fortunate in. Away from home we are an utter disgrace. Whilst the players should be under increasing scrutiny, as their professionalism has been abysmal, the man leading them is failing to motivate and have us looking hungry and prepared. They appear to be going through the motions and the level of performance has been very poor. Players who we know are capable have been dreadful and yet Neilson sticks to what we all know doesn't work. He's always been stubborn but frankly is now coming across as pretty dim as well.

The club have an enormous decision to make as 3rd place is absolutely imperative and should not be negotiable. Adding the £3-5 million financial cost of a league collapse to his list of worst domestic and worst European results would rightly see Neilson crucified. Can they afford to take the chance our home form sees us crawl over the line? 

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

It does feel like it's unravelling.

It's not just today and the Celtic double header but the consistently awful performances.

I'm not sure who we'd put in place until the end of the season if he was sacked*.

*No chance.

Any c___

Geoff Kilpatrick

Voted not sure because he has a clear target, to finish 3rd and we are still ahead of the pack.

Fail to do that and he should be GONE

Defended him up to this week. Been called a happy clapper . But time is up for him his teams are dire to watch with the budget we got. To go out cup with out a fight and to be humped by aberdeen who sacked there manager for getting humped. Back 5 with no overlapping full backs. 22 goal striker in midfield playing wee barrie who just gives ball away all the time. Show him and his clip board crew have not a clue

Gordon_1874
7 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Wages and I'd bet he has slightly higher standards than the Scottish premiership unfortunately.

Boyces beard

Not getting the best out of our current playing squad and his time is up for a fair few fans. How ever, the board wont react at the moment and if there is to be a change it will happen at the end of the season.

A few players need a boot in the baws as well, the minimum we should be expecting is 100% effort when you pull on the Hearts top.

ford donald
25 minutes ago, red said:

Get rid but I can’t see anyone around to replace him. 

Plenty around,get the livvy man in.

7 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Wages and I'd bet he has slightly higher standards than the Scottish premiership unfortunately.

To be honest I’d never want to hire a manager based on his name, invariably it ends IN tears.

we need someone competent who knows what they are doing, who can coach players, plain and simple 

saying that I’m convinced Steven Naismith will be our next coach

Edited by jbee647

Lost me with the Rangers VAR game pumping, lack of any reaction for the first hour in the next game v 10 man United too. Motherwell away, see today's performance. St Johnstone at home we took our chances they didn't. Celtic away didn't watch , Celtic in the cup all over after 3 or 44 minutes depending on your level of optimism. 

We've invested in our squad to at best stagnate at worst regress. Times up in my view.

Fitzroy Pointon

He's taken us as far as he can. If it's not now it needs to be at the end of the season. 

Scott Leitch
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Voted not sure because he has a clear target, to finish 3rd and we are still ahead of the pack.

Fail to do that and he should be GONE

Why risk it though? We've been dire for weeks, he refuses to change formation. 

ford donald
26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Voted not sure.

I don't want him for next season, but I'm unsure on whether it's bigger gamble to hope he gets third or change for someone else to secure it.

No faith in him,maybe players thinking that too.

I'm sorry but it's just always going to be the same under Robbie.I appreciate what he has done in the past but man this stubbornness to keep going with this shite formation and tactics is driving me mental.We get third folk will say job done but it will just be the same infuriating shit again next season.

Time to go, players aren't playing for him and there doesn't seem to be a very professional approach to games. Constantly on the back foot from the word go. Its pathetic tbh. 

Needs to be end of season for many reasons but time for change . Thanks for your service Robbie but his teams are dire to watch with our budget

43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Times up most definitely. I’ve defended as much as anyone but I have flipped for the last time.

he’s no the man. He doesn’t learn.  He stubborn and he’s arrogant. 

He is absolutely the most arrogant manager I can ever remember. An imposter that never ever admits he got  it wrong. 

ToadKiller Dog

Do we put Gary Locke in charge for the rest of the season while we look for a new manager . Would be difficult to get an in a job manager at the tail end of a season ,so we would likely be looking around those out of work .

Punting now could be a a big risk and could backfire more than sticking where we are .

If we blow third then yes he should go and go quickly .

32 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

And bring who in? Mourinho or pep? What's the master plan? Love to hear it.

Plenty better than this. Just look out-with Scotland but this Board are very, very lazy & don't lift their heads when looking. 

Ultimately I’ve voted the same way as every Neilson poll that’s been on here since his return. I don’t think he gets the best out of his players and hope we could do better. I sometimes think it’s not worth the risk to change him bit that’s more to do with the dreadful managerial recruitment in the Budge era than confidence in Robbie. 

jack D and coke

It’s just abject performance after abject performance. A budget and squad like no one before him in a pretty dog shit league. 
Enough.