Gary Lineker

The Hogfather

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You can laugh but I suspect what goes on in the countryside doesn't really effect you?

Yeah I live in town so they can do what they want? It affects all of us when a programme about climate change isnt broadcast by the tax payer funded BBC. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• periodictabledancer

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Who and when what?

My point was that the BBC should be run outwith party political realms.

What labour folk, Greg Dyke the only one i can think of. 
We agree there shouldn’t be any political influence or interference. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I live in town so they can do what they want? It affects all of us when a programme about climate change isnt broadcast by the tax payer funded BBC. 

Is it about climate change? Have you seen it?

We agree there shouldn’t be any political influence or interference. 

We agree there shouldn't be any political influence or interference, but there is.

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Definitely. But when a highly paid, high profile person uses his social media to post controversial stuff, then it's fair to think that there's an interior motive.

Ulterior, he doesn’t like the Torys. Sugar/Clarkson/Neil all tweeted political stuff but none that criticised the Tories. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The right wing group Restore Trust (linked to 55 Tufton Street) attempted to takeover the National Trust late last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/06/right-leaning-group-fails-to-wrest-control-of-national-trust-from-political-takeover

I see, who knew the RSPB was so interesting.

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The right wing group Restore Trust (linked to 55 Tufton Street) attempted to takeover the National Trust late last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/06/right-leaning-group-fails-to-wrest-control-of-national-trust-from-political-takeover

There does seem to be a growing backlash against organisations who promote tolerance of minorities,  inclusiveness, eco-friendly policies, etc.  Not sure if "right-wing"  is an appropriate description of them - in the same way that "left-wing" is not a fair way of describing the organisations they're angry at. 

Its more like   intolerance versus tolerance.   

Slightly off-topic (and I can't find the link), but there was a disturbing story online today about the worsening homeland threats in the U.S. by "right-wing" groups who seem to be targetting all kinds of attacks on infrastructure like power stations, roads, railways, airports etc  - as part of their dedication to the concept of "accelerationism", which they believe is the quickest way to destroy the pillars of current society and rebuild them according to their own white supremacist and authoritarian  beliefs.      Scary stuff 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Is it about climate change? Have you seen it?

Nobody has but thats what’s being reported, destroying nature for economic purposes. 

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Who and when what?

My point was that the BBC should be run outwith party political realms.

No. Your point seems to be that folk are only urging an end to right-wing influence at the BBC, not all political influence. Which no-one on here, as far as I can see, has argued. You're attempting to counter an argument that you've created yourself.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

We agree there shouldn't be any political influence or interference, but there is.

At least that gives us something to argue about even when we agree 🤔?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody has but thats what’s being reported, destroying nature for economic purposes. 

Like SNH and the RSPB claiming planting trees increases carbon capture when they know the scientific results show the opposite? That sort of thing?

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

No. Your point seems to be that folk are only urging an end to right-wing influence at the BBC, not all political influence. Which no-one on here, as far as I can see, has argued. You're attempting to counter an argument that you've created yourself.

I think you've picked me up wrong, I want a BBC free from right and left influence, which isn't happening. Where have I counterd my argument? 

Shooter McGavin
29 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yes I have, but it seems on here that the opinion is that anything or anybody right of left should have any influence over the BBC, if it's to be "outwith political influence" that can't be right, can it?

I’m not entirely sure I’m following the point you’re trying to make.

Most on here just seem to be baffled by the quite obvious right wing interference in the BBC, and would prefer it to be completely impartial, as it’s dangerous territory if that isn’t the case.

8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I think you've picked me up wrong, I want a BBC free from right and left influence, which isn't happening. Where have I counterd my argument? 

Glad to hear it, DR.

When you commented (my emboldening) "Yes I have, but it seems on here that the opinion is that anything or anybody right of left should have any influence over the BBC, if it's to be "outwith political influence" that can't be right, can it?", you were implying that those on here were only opposing the influence of those right of left. I haven't seen that argument put forward at all.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's bound to be loads of Tories infiltrating everything seeing as they are the governing party in the UK almost all the time 

Unfortunately you are correct, the RSPB etc. The BBC is different though and the threat of cancelling the licence fee is making them toe the line. 

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I’m not entirely sure I’m following the point you’re trying to make.

Most on here just seem to be baffled by the quite obvious right wing interference in the BBC, and would prefer it to be completely impartial, as it’s dangerous territory if that isn’t the case.

I'm obviously not getting my point across!

I want the BBC to be outwith any political influence, left or right.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

:thumb:

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Bloody liberal

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Like SNH and the RSPB claiming planting trees increases carbon capture when they know the scientific results show the opposite? That sort of thing?

From what I can gather planting trees helps, doesnt cure, but cutting them down releases the CO2 back into the atmosphere. So you need to plant more than you cut down. 
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200521-planting-trees-doesnt-always-help-with-climate-change

Glad to hear it, DR.

When you commented (my emboldening) "Yes I have, but it seems on here that the opinion is that anything or anybody right of left should have any influence over the BBC, if it's to be "outwith political influence" that can't be right, can it?", you were implying that those on here were only opposing the influence of those right of left. I haven't seen that argument put forward at all.

It seems to me that some on here are arguing against any right wing influence on the BBC, but ignore the left, anti landowner and farming bias shown by some programs on the BBC, like Chris Pakham calling people who shoot and farm as "psychopats".

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Costanza said:

In a strong field,  Dorries has to be the most stupid and lacking in self awareness of all MPs.

Another of Boris babes 🤮

From what I can gather planting trees helps, doesnt cure, but cutting them down releases the CO2 back into the atmosphere. So you need to plant more than you cut down. 
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200521-planting-trees-doesnt-always-help-with-climate-change

Research has shown that planting trees on heather moorland reduces carbon capture and increases the release of carbon due to trees trying out the peat, this is fairly well known but ignored.

6 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Bloody liberal

How dare you assume my......my......shut up right.....FREEEEEDOM!!

SectionDJambo
39 minutes ago, Costanza said:

In a strong field,  Dorries has to be the most stupid and lacking in self awareness of all MPs.

This is an example of how the impartiality and equal covering of all parties and opinion during elections can now be destroyed by people like Dorres and Rees Mogg having platforms to promote Conservative views on television. Social media has already changed the perimeters of equal exposure. 
Having said that, surely only like minded people, to them, would be the only ones to tune in to watch them.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Research has shown that planting trees on heather moorland reduces carbon capture and increases the release of carbon due to trees trying out the peat, this is fairly well known but ignored.

Ok thanks for the info, that link said the government are encouraging tree planting. I’m sure they paid farmers to cut them down before which caused flooding problems. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Commentators have said they’re on strike too. 

The Barbra Streisand effect in full flow, I see.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's bound to be loads of Tories infiltrating everything seeing as they are the governing party in the UK almost all the time 

Which makes the apparent control that the left wing have over so many aspects of life all the more impressive. 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It seems to me that some on here are arguing against any right wing influence on the BBC, but ignore the left, anti landowner and farming bias shown by some programs on the BBC, like Chris Pakham calling people who shoot and farm as "psychopats".

Chris Packham? I don't see any suggestion of him being into lefty politics in any way. In fact, in an interview with the Telegraph he advocated human population control.

What makes you say he's on the left?

Edited by Smithee

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I mean, I could live with presenterless and commentatorless football highlights, although that's not really the point

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The Barbra Streisand effect in full flow, I see.

Had to google that Red, hilarious 😆

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yay! Now the UK punters get to endure the pain of Jim fecking Beglin as an analyst in the commentary box! :pleasing:

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Camera men next? Or do they use Sky folk 🤔?

Edited by Pasquale for King

This is all obviously a plot hatched by the left-wing management in charge of the BBC in cahoots with the Labour party in order to undermine the Conservatives. It was arranged that Lineker would tweet what he did and that his bosses at the BBC would then ask him to step back so that a furore would be kicked up about an immigration policy that was only designed in the first place to be caring and humane. They're all in on it, the Trotskyist BBC management, woke Labour Party HQ, the presenters, the commentators... We need to stand firm in order to prevent this attempted left-wing coup against our democratically elected government!

... Coming to a right wing conspiracy theory rumour mill near you soon. Memes will be supplied on request.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This is all obviously a plot hatched by the left-wing management in charge of the BBC in cahoots with the Labour party in order to undermine the Conservatives. It was arranged that Lineker would tweet what he did and that his bosses at the BBC would then ask him to step back so that a furore would be kicked up about an immigration policy that was only designed in the first place to be caring and humane. They're all in on it, the Trotskyist BBC management, woke Labour Party HQ, the presenters, the commentators... We need to stand firm in order to prevent this attempted left-wing coup against our democratically elected government!

... Coming to a right wing conspiracy theory rumour mill near you soon. Memes will be supplied on request.

:laugh:

Meanwhile, the Digger is sitting back hoping that this leads to the end of the BBC.

ColinSmith1255
52 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Planting trees does increase carbon capture. Do you get your science from Trump and/or Bolsonaro? 
If not please cite your authentic scientific source.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Corbyn trying to make a comeback. Trying to get his own back on Sugar for saying don't vote for this man when he was working for the BBC, with no reprimand or censure. 

6 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Planting trees does increase carbon capture. Do you get your science from Trump and/or Bolsonaro? 
If not please cite your authentic scientific source.

Dawn's referring to the planting of trees on peat moorland. Don't be surprised if he does indeed come with a scientific study or two.

Always better to do a wee bit of research yourself before having at go at someone. ;)

https://www.iucn-uk-peatlandprogramme.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/IUCN UK PP Peatlands and trees position statement 2020.pdf

Pasquale for King

Dawn's referring to the planting of trees on peat moorland. Don't be surprised if he does indeed come with a scientific study or two.

Always better to do a wee bit of research yourself before having at go at someone. ;)

https://www.iucn-uk-peatlandprogramme.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/IUCN UK PP Peatlands and trees position statement 2020.pdf

Always good to say that at the start also, especially when it’s interesting, to me anyway 😆.

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Not always that evident. ;) When you're passing from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean through the Panama canal, what direction are you going in?

right - left ;)

Edited by trotter

Unknown user
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Not always that evident. ;) When you're passing from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean through the Panama canal, what direction are you going in?

Oh, I know this one, it's the other way! When you're going east to west you travel south east, going west to east you travel north west.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If it’s just wall to wall highlights with zero blathering, how am I going to foot in my trips to the fridge for another beer?

I might not fall asleep for once 😆