• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• periodictabledancer

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

The thick and nasty whooping them on all the way.

Immigrants and asylum seekers getting treated like human beings = bad

Political party trying to impose a North Korea style censorship = victory against those pesky lefties!

Some nick of a country :facepalm:

fabienleclerq

I can't believe anyone is happy with the BBC and the government here. Its a very dangerous road to be going down.

Add that to removing begums citizenship much as I dislike the thought of her being here.

The laws around protests and striking etc being debated. I think we are on a knife edge in terms of our rights with this government. 

2 minutes ago, Cisc0 K1d said:

If you have any doubt about the similarities there is a documentary on iplayer "Rise of the Nazis" 

I've watched these documentary. Stomach churning, how easy it was.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

Where's Dougie Donnelly these days?

Points deduction for anyone that says Tillicoultry 🤣

near Stirling ?

1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Where's Dougie Donnelly these days?

Points deduction for anyone that says Tillicoultry 🤣

Somewhere near Stirling. Hope he enjoys the switch on of the lights at Stirling bridge.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Spying on all SNP MPs who go abroad, now. :rofl:

I saw that.

What the **** is that all about. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I saw that.

What the **** is that all about. 

To stop them promoting Scotland/Independence. :D

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

To stop them promoting Scotland/Independence. :D

Absolutely laughable. 

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

Would he have been ****ed out if he tweeted In Support of the policy. I think not. Double standard arseholes

The BBC weren't shy , when they asked him to criticise the Qatar World Cup.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Would he have been ****ed out if he tweeted In Support of the policy. I think not. Double standard arseholes

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

44 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The tories are a growth, and when they spread to a public broadcaster and try to dictate what they can and can’t say, then comparisons to the Nazi Germany or South Korea are completely justifiable.

The BBC have absolutely lost the plot, and it’s backfiring spectacularly.

*ahem

Edited by trotter

periodictabledancer

Robert Peston

@Peston

·

1h

A senior TV executive tells me his money is on Jacob Rees-Mogg presenting MOTD tomorrow

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

with the bbc being publically funded all the presenters irrespective of what they are presenting should be impartial even on their own social media. However it seems like that it has been enforced with the same vigour that the SFA use towards the OF. 

I understand those are the rules but they're ridiculous. He doesn't spout political views on air and as a football presenter he's absolutely fine to show he's a Leicester fan, so who cares what political views he espouses outwith the BBC.

I love the BBC in principle as a broadcaster but they're tying themselves up in knots trying to appease a Tory Government in the vain hope they won't cut their funding.

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

You can't have the media reporting that though.

Honestly, anyone helping fund the BBC seriously need to have a word.

Lineker is a smug tosser, but this is more to do with the BBC's behaviour. 

Absolutely 

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

:cornette:

Still tastier than gammon flavour I suppose. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

*would have 😠 

I know there's stuff going on but we're not animals ffs

Michael Stewart typed that for him 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I understand those are the rules but they're ridiculous. He doesn't spout political views on air and as a football presenter he's absolutely fine to show he's a Leicester fan, so who cares what political views he espouses outwith the BBC.

I love the BBC in principle as a broadcaster but they're tying themselves up in knots trying to appease a Tory Government in the vain hope they won't cut their funding.

Spot on. 

Where I think the BBC is getting itself in a mix up is over the issue of balance. 

Just caught up with issues around Question Time from last night where Fiona Bruce said there were issues with both sides at the Brexit campaign campaign when Leave was criticised for lies and then defended Stanley Johnson, Boris' father after it was mentioned he broke his wife's nose. 

People above explained it Lineker is just giving an opinion as a private individual which he is. 

Pasquale for King

Strangely enough this might actually backfire badly on the Tories, they’re taking on a National hero here who scored a lot as a “goal hanger” in an England strip. Lets hope so anyway. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Notably this same BBC has just decided that David Attenborough reporting on climate and wildlife is also too political. 🙃

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Never did geography at school, give me a break 

:sob:

Aye South Korea is the other side of the world to North Korea😄

It’s like an Armani Ianucci show. Furious politician sees a tweet, phones a civil servant to get onto the state broadcaster to get the tweet deleted. Presenter refuses, politician gets more furious, more phone calls ending up in a Tory donor who happens to run the state broadcaster makes a few furious phone calls. Presenter still refuses to apologise, and so on…

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Notably this same BBC has just decided that David Attenborough reporting on climate and wildlife is also too political. 🙃

:rofl:

periodictabledancer
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where I think the BBC is getting itself in a mix up is over the issue of balance. 

Just caught up with issues around Question Time from last night where Fiona Bruce said there were issues with both sides at the Brexit campaign campaign when Leave was criticised for lies and then defended Stanley Johnson, Boris' father after it was mentioned he broke his wife's nose. 

People above explained it Lineker is just giving an opinion as a private individual which he is. 

She basically said he wasn't a wife beater as it was a one-off event* (putting her in hospital) - which the BBC then defended by saying she had not made a statement of fact.

WTAF !?. 

The woman herself is on record as saying she was repeatedly attacked by BJs dad. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

As a new series about the wildlife of Britain and Ireland is about to launch,hosted by, er, SDA!

36 minutes ago, tightrope said:

:spoton:

50 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I can exclusively reveal I won't be on MOTD tomorrow either

Smug lefty moaning twat! 

😘

Konrad von Carstein
21 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Still tastier than gammon flavour I suppose. 

Just James being James...

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As a new series about the wildlife of Britain and Ireland is about to launch,hosted by, er, SDA!

One of the episodes has been highlighted as being potentially upsetting to a certain political demographic so will only be shown on iPlayer. 

periodictabledancer

It just gets better.

Apparently GL insists he has not broken any guidelines because  he has no guidelines in his contract and the BBC has admitted as much because  it's  now confirmed it's in the process of drawing up guidelines for him (which he will presumably be forced to sign). 

Meanwhile Richard Sharp , currently CHAIRMAN of the BBC, failed to disclose his relationship with the PM Boris Johnson to the BBC when applying for the job.

Balance, anyone ? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

One of the episodes has been highlighted as being potentially upsetting to a certain political demographic so will only be shown on iPlayer. 

Didn't know that. Oh well, I will enjoy siphoning it through the VPN to iPlayer anyway and not paying the licence fee! 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Didn't know that. Oh well, I will enjoy siphoning it through the VPN to iPlayer anyway and not paying the licence fee! 

Beeb execs now swearing that the sixth episode is actually a separate movie and that there's only five episodes of the show.

Which means either the beeb execs are talking shite or the Guardian is talking shite, and TBH

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The RSPB have financed the last episode, others have put money in to, I don't think the RSBB and their like should be allowed to put their political agenda forward through the BBC, so I don't really disagree with that episode not being shown.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Self awareness alert if ever ^^^

I've never been aware that I'm smarmy.

I'll hold my hands up to load of other things.

2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

He didn't. But there's defo a prick jumping in with two feet. 

I'm definitely aware I've been a prick sometimes 

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

He was bang on the money with what he said.

You've made a bit of a jump to bring the Holocaust into it. 

Tell me you think the government's been acting appropriately here? 

I think the government need to act to stop the boats crossing the Channel, but it's debatable if they are going about it in the right way.

Gary Lineker is a multi millionaire, big mouthed prick, who should stick to what he's being well paid for.

He's got a huge ego 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You do know what impunity means? 

I do, yes. Lineker has repeatedly behaved in a manner where he knew there would be no consequences for his ridiculous remarks. He's been doing it for years.