Gary Lineker

The Hogfather

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

The RSPB have financed the last episode, others have put money in to, I don't think the RSBB and their like should be allowed to put their political agenda forward through the BBC, so I don't really disagree with that episode not being shown.

Especially the radical wing of the RSPB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• periodictabledancer

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

its the RSPB beaks you need to worry about

They’ve been feathering their nest for years. 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, SecN said:

They’ve been feathering their nest for years. 

Fowl play all about

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Beeb execs now swearing that the sixth episode is actually a separate movie and that there's only five episodes of the show.

Which means either the beeb execs are talking shite or the Guardian is talking shite, and TBH

giphy.gif

I would lay money on both TBH

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Can't wait to see the MOTD line up this weekend 😄

I'm willing to bet it is hosted by Gary Lineker.

The thing that is quite amusing is that if this had stayed as a Twitter spat, the vast majority of people wouldn't have given a flying one as Twitter users are overcome with their own self-importance, especially politicians. The average punter tuning into MOTD wouldn't care. Now the issue has escalated to the point that censorship is the leading story. That is a disaster for any government and they will need to defuse it quickly.

I am betting a BBC exec will resign and Lineker will be reinstated.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

25 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

She basically said he wasn't a wife beater as it was a one-off event* (putting her in hospital) - which the BBC then defended by saying she had not made a statement of fact.

WTAF !?. 

The woman herself is on record as saying she was repeatedly attacked by BJs dad. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Especially the radical wing of the RSPB

I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but yes, they have a very radical faction, some good people (I do a bit of work on estates they "manage" and they're, in general, a horrible dishonest politicaly driven money grabbing shower of *****) so I don't think my license fee should go to them.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but yes, they have a very radical faction, some good people (I do a bit of work on estates they "manage" and they're, in general, a horrible dishonest politicaly driven money grabbing shower of *****) so I don't think my license fee should go to them.

It's an Alan Partridge reference

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Best thing the BBC can do is back down now then don't renew any contracts.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet folk like Bruce, Sugar, Clarkson etc can get away with anything they like as long as they’re not slagging the Fascist Tories. 

Correct.  BBC Glasgow and their pro Westminster anti Scottish stance have been spouting the quasi fascist line for years now.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He hasn’t done anything wrong.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He was comparing the language used and he's bang on. This is the sort of rhetoric that brought power for Hitler and his henchman. Leading to pure evil. 

Yes the use of language can be very toxic and dangerous.  " Hoose jocks getting their hooses burnt down after Indy" being an example. Another " hang the hoose jocks.".  Not nice at all. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

near Stirling ?

was that no  " glenn robertson and steppek " ? 

26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just James being James...

Judy now dear. Please respect my chosen name. Tanks. :) 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never been aware that I'm smarmy.

I'll hold my hands up to load of other things.

I'm definitely aware I've been a prick sometimes 

I think the government need to act to stop the boats crossing the Channel, but it's debatable if they are going about it in the right way.

Gary Lineker is a multi millionaire, big mouthed prick, who should stick to what he's being well paid for.

He's got a huge ego 

he also has jugg ears. I dont mind him actually but I just felt his language yesterday was well out of order. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

👍 Mid morning matters

I've a raw nerve when it comes to the RSPB, SNH, EN and other such sorts, I've tried to work with them and seen the dishonesty and hypocracy of these organisations, the BBC have already been pulled up about their cosey relationship with the RSPB so they shouldn't be surprised when things like this happen. 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes the use of language can be very toxic and dangerous.  " Hoose jocks getting their hooses burnt down after Indy" being an example. Another " hang the hoose jocks.".  Not nice at all. 

was that no  " glenn robertson and steppek " ? 

Judy now dear. Please respect my chosen name. Tanks. :) 

he also has jugg ears. I dont mind him actually but I just felt his language yesterday was well out of order. 

There’s not much point in you pretending to have the faintest idea what he’s talking about. 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Certainly the ones on here who support them are thick which is probably the norm.

It was amusing and depressing at the same time to see the usual right-wing eejits on here jumping straight in on this thread to have a go at Lineker. They really are lost to rational debate and common sense, stuck well down their rabbit holes. Unfortunately for the country and society, there are lot of them about and they're getting worse by the day.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

It was amusing and depressing at the same time to see the usual right-wing eejits on here jumping straight in on this thread to have a go at Lineker. They really are lost to rational debate and common sense, stuck well down their rabbit holes. Unfortunately for the country and society, there are lot of them about and they're getting worse by the day.

Basket case Britain.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, The Hogfather said:

There’s not much point in you pretending to have the faintest idea what he’s talking about. 

er he's comparing the inflammatory language of the Govt to the inflammatory language used by the Weimer republican in to 1930s to demean and dehumanise a certain group of people ? By doing so they hope that that certain group will be blamed for the Govt created problems ? Diversion ? Am i right ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Agree with that. The fact blowhard Stephen Nolan gets paid over £400k a year is incredible.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Never did geography at school, give me a break 

:sob:

North/South = up/down.

It's not difficult Shooter. You're better than this...

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, jonesy said:

Just to clarify, I’m not down to do it but if I had been, I wouldn’t have gone on…

Since every other Tom, Dick, and Harry have posted this. 

I'd do it, just to make Twitter seethe.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just to clarify, I’m not down to do it but if I had been, I wouldn’t have gone on…

Since every other Tom, Dick, and Harry have posted this. 

I am GARY .  WE all are Gary.  

R (7).jpg

1 minute ago, trotter said:

North/South = up/down.

It's not difficult Shooter. You're better than this...

Not always that evident. ;) When you're passing from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean through the Panama canal, what direction are you going in?

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The thing that is quite amusing is that if this had stayed as a Twitter spat, the vast majority of people wouldn't have given a flying one as Twitter users are overcome with their own self-importance, especially politicians. The average punter tuning into MOTD wouldn't care. Now the issue has escalated to the point that censorship is the leading story. That is a disaster for any government and they will need to defuse it quickly.

I am betting a BBC exec will resign and Lineker will be reinstated.

I'd be surprised if it happened this weekend but I think your wider point is on the money.  Sunak is savvy enough to see how this is playing out and even if he knows the game is up for this govt he will get how this can come back and bite them when the Tories are campaigning in opposition in 6/7 years time. 

55 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s like an Armani Ianucci show. Furious politician sees a tweet, phones a civil servant to get onto the state broadcaster to get the tweet deleted. Presenter refuses, politician gets more furious, more phone calls ending up in a Tory donor who happens to run the state broadcaster makes a few furious phone calls. Presenter still refuses to apologise, and so on…

or maybe like ...

BBC have just announced MOTD this weekend won’t have a presenter or any pundits. Obviously nobody wants the gig.  
Commentators next? 

51 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can the Sportscene no marks join Lineker in solidarity and do everyone a favour?

Superb!

:clyay:

1 minute ago, Korky said:

A win win win scenario, Lineker, the Beeb and the gov. all looking like ar*****es!

Pretty much🥲

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not always that evident. ;) When you're passing from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean through the Panama canal, what direction are you going in?

Left, right?

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

BBC have just announced MOTD this weekend won’t have a presenter or any pundits. Obviously nobody wants the gig.  
Commentators next? 

Clough was right! Just show the bloody football. 

Just now, Jibbers said:

Left, right?

Are you marching?

South east. Most folk probably think it's west.

Love, Roger Irrelevant

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Correct.  BBC Glasgow and their pro Westminster anti Scottish stance have been spouting the quasi fascist line for years now.

Well before the Tories took over the BBC down there too.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Are you marching?

South east. Most folk probably think it's west.

Love, Roger Irrelevant

I would have said West tbh. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never been aware that I'm smarmy.

I'll hold my hands up to load of other things.

I'm definitely aware I've been a prick sometimes 

I think the government need to act to stop the boats crossing the Channel, but it's debatable if they are going about it in the right way.

Gary Lineker is a multi millionaire, big mouthed prick, who should stick to what he's being well paid for.

He's got a huge ego 

Everyone is allowed their opinion though. 

The Hogfather
34 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

er he's comparing the inflammatory language of the Govt to the inflammatory language used by the Weimer republican in to 1930s to demean and dehumanise a certain group of people ? By doing so they hope that that certain group will be blamed for the Govt created problems ? Diversion ? Am i right ?

The Weimar Republic died in 1933. So no, you don’t really understand. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Everyone is allowed their opinion though. 

It would appear in this democracy it isn’t.

Pasquale for King

I don’t think theyve changed it yet but Im sure the European Human Rights Act guarantee you the freedom to air your views, no clause in any contract supersedes that.