Gary Lineker

The Hogfather

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

0BA60E3C-42F1-4104-8E7C-ED90C0DB1957.jpeg

Funny how you seem to be spending a lot of time defending right wingers and attacking left wingers ever since the ultra right wing LGB Alliance moved in to 55 Tufton Street.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• periodictabledancer

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Why the feck does a Sports presenter need to be impartial on his personal twitter feed? A political presenter fine (you can criticise politicians and edit the Spectator fine though) but this is just an orchestrated outrage campaign to deflect attention from another grubby Tory policy.

That's a key point in the negotiations between Lineker and the BBC. 

They've not made clear distinctions and they have a big problem when you consider all their coverage. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can't go comparing government policy to 1930's Germany FFS

Millions died in the Holocaust and there are still people alive who were around in 1930's Germany.

The prick jumped in with two feet :lol:

He's a virtue signalling wankstain. He must have photos of numerous people in powerful positions to behave with a total lack of fear of impunity.

Likes to portray himself in a certain light. Reckoned to a thoroughly unpleasant type.

Diadora Van Basten

I am sure there is a law (not real) when arguing on the internet if you message the Nazis you have lost the argument.

Linekar on twitter is very cringe but that’s his look out.

He is also awful on MOTD Mark Chapman on MOTD 2 is much better. The NFL show is much better presented with Jason and Osi.

Still shouldn’t be taken off air for having an opinion that is ok but presented a bit childish.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

He's a virtue signalling wankstain. He must have photos of numerous people in powerful positions to behave with a total lack of fear of impunity.

Likes to portray himself in a certain light. Reckoned to a thoroughly unpleasant type.

You do know what impunity means? 

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Why the feck does a Sports presenter need to be impartial on his personal twitter feed? A political presenter fine (you can criticise politicians and edit the Spectator fine though) but this is just an orchestrated outrage campaign to deflect attention from another grubby Tory policy.

The chairman of the BBC is a tory donor, who was installed into the position by Boris Johnson weeks after they agreed to a loan of £800,000.

So none of this is surprising, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

with the bbc being publically funded all the presenters irrespective of what they are presenting should be impartial even on their own social media. However it seems like that it has been enforced with the same vigour that the SFA use towards the OF. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

yes, here is the text from the tweet 

"immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s"

I don't like the smug prick but I can't see anything inaccurate in that quote.  He isn't saying it will lead to holocaust there are similarities in the comms strategy of using inflammatory language against vulnerable groups,  

I can see why that upsets some folk.

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't like the smug prick but I can't see anything inaccurate in that quote.  He isn't saying it will lead to holocaust there are similarities in the comms strategy of using inflammatory language against vulnerable groups,  

I can see why that upsets some folk.

the poster i quoted was asking if he really compared things to 1930s germany. the quote i posted showed he did. 

Weakened Offender
53 minutes ago, systemx said:

Whoever sits in for Lineker will be a SCAB

I would not be surprised if Nigel Farage presents MOTD tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Excellent news, can't stand the prick :Toby:

You and I might not like the man Nucky but if you can’t see the troubling road the current Tory bunch are taking us down then you’re an idiot. 

The BBC are terrified the government abolish the licence fee. 

Malinga the Swinga

Don't agree with Lineker but reaction from government and BBC way over the top. All they've done is create more hysteria. If they'd have ignored it, the story would have blown over in a day.

Surprise that given all their media training, nobody in government realised what they were doing.

He's an ex-footballer with an opinion and that's all he is. Don't know why anyone would care what he says.

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe just have to show the football then. 

Or the who!e cast of Under The Hammers

i wish jj was my dad
41 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This decision by the BBC is going to bite them and Braverman. The scrutiny of other BBC presenters, by the left wing and independent media is going to be relentless.
Like him or not, Lineker did not compare the government with the Nazi regime of the 1930s and 1940s. He expressed concern at similarities between the narrative of Braverman to the kind used by the Nazis, in the 1930s, demonising a group of people to stoke up fear and violence towards those people for political gain. We’ve already had the idiots, who soak up the kind of language Braverman has been using, attacking accommodation being used to house the migrants meantime. 
Maybe if Braverman concentrated on getting her asylum claim procedure managing to process more than 1 a week, whilst the waiting list has reached 160,000, the situation would be remedied without all of the acrimony that she seems to revel in.

Bang on.  I can't believe people can't or refuse to see that.  There are practical solutions that could be applied which would allow the UKG process applicants more quickly and thet could even process some claims across the channel if they chose to but that would involve collaborating with Johnny Foreigner.  This isn't about effective government though.  It's a horrible, 21st century version of the NF in power.

Shooter McGavin

The tories are a growth, and when they spread to a public broadcaster and try to dictate what they can and can’t say, then comparisons to the Nazi Germany or South Korea are completely justifiable.

The BBC have absolutely lost the plot, and it’s backfiring spectacularly.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He was inferring that it would lead to holocaust like situations though . 

No, you're inferring that.....he never said anything of the sort.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I wouldn't be surprised if MOTD is presented by this woman tomorrow night.

Screenshot_20230310-191259_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nope. She's ruled herself out as well. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good on him 

Him and shearer are clowns. Can't wait to watch motd now

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the poster i quoted was asking if he really compared things to 1930s germany. the quote i posted showed he did. 

The language and comms strategy is horribly similar.  It won't lead to government sponsored violence but it will (and is) incite dafties to blame and attack these people.  Braverman knows exactly what she is doing.  

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You and I might not like the man Nucky but if you can’t see the troubling road the current Tory bunch are taking us down then you’re an idiot. 

Yeah, that's the real direction. Of course, the worse the Tories get, the questions just keep coming. Questions that sit in the realms of decency that they can't be having that.

Psychedelicropcircle

Hopefully there’s a mass boycott across the country of MOTD.

**** the tories

And as a sideshow the BBC have also pulled a David Attenborough programme as they are worried it will offend certain right wing types as it’s about the loss of British nature. They will show it on iPlayer but not regular programming. 

i wish jj was my dad
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

That's a good point tbh.  Kissing their arse is rather unedifying though.  Hopefully, nobody is weaselly enough to present Match of the Day tomorrow.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Good chance there will be no programme tomorrow. 

Joe Lycett would be a good choice especially since he used to be called Hugo Boss, its good to include a link to 1930's germany

::troll::

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Him and shearer are clowns. Can't wait to watch motd now

I didnt say there weren’t, cant stand them tbh. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Hopefully there’s a mass boycott across the country of MOTD.

**** the tories

Good shout 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Joe Lycett would be a good choice especially since he used to be called Hugo Boss, its good to include a link to 1930's germany

::troll::

Aye he the same Lycet who did a 

“ comedy “ routine on Qatar a few years back ? 

Let's also remember that Linekar was commentating on Braverman's comments about the numbers she quoted as wanting to come to UK.

From BBC article "Introducing the Illegal Migration Bill to the House of Commons, Ms Braverman said 100 million people around the world could qualify for protection under current UK laws - and "they are coming here"."

100m - more than the current population of UK!

This is the same woman who previously called immigration 'an invasion'.

Complete deflection tactics from the Government, directed towards Linekar.

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wouldn't be surprised if MOTD is presented by this woman tomorrow night.

Screenshot_20230310-191259_Samsung Internet.jpg

She has ruled herself out. 

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, Gards said:

No, you're inferring that.....he never said anything of the sort.

Correct.  Facts aren't important when you have an agenda to promote.  The Nazis were good at the 'big lie' too.  

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes been taken off air because he wont apologise, not stepped back. 

You can't have the media reporting that though.

Honestly, anyone helping fund the BBC seriously need to have a word.

Lineker is a smug tosser, but this is more to do with the BBC's behaviour. 

Psychedelicropcircle
27 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Surely the bbc can read polls? These ***** are leaving next year!

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It is genuinely worrying how much of a fascist, right-wing toilet the UK is these days.

A race to the bottom that seems to be picking up momentum.

The thick and nasty whooping them on all the way.

35 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

He was comparing the language used and he's bang on. This is the sort of rhetoric that brought power for Hitler and his henchman. Leading to pure evil. 

Edited by ri Alban

periodictabledancer
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

micah richards the latest to say he wont be on MOTD tomorrow

He wasn't due to be on but said if he was he would not appear. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

He wasn't due to be on but said if he was he would not appear. 

I can exclusively reveal I won't be on MOTD tomorrow either

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He was comparing the language used. And he's bang on. This is the sort of rhetoric that brought power for Hitler and his henchman. Leading to pure evil. 

If you have any doubt about the similarities there is a documentary on iplayer "Rise of the Nazis" 

SectionDJambo

We better win tomorrow. It looks like the whole of the UK is going to be subjected to Sportscene to fill the void of no MOTD. They’ll think it’s a comedy sketch.