pharmaceutical01
18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

City Unified Newstart Tinker startup.

Possibly lengthened to

Dundee outer services 

City Unified Newstart Tinker startup

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Think that’s where JJ had them training quite often?  I can remember back in the 80s watching the team train at Roseburn 👍🏻

Yep used to take the laddie down there as well, i went to Roseburn primary school in the sixties and i'm sure the players used Roseburn occasionally to train.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They voted against reconstruction despite it being of no benefit to them to do so . When they voted to end the season , they shut down exploring other options for ending the season . Yet again you stand there pretending to be Hearts and shouting as loud as you can against them 

I do not believe you are a Hearts supporter , but that is just my personal opinion 

Potentially Hurtful 😩😫. If you’re a ten year old. Good job I don’t give a tuppenny toss what you think

Edited by JimmyCant

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

The Dundee Discovery has a nice American ring to it 

High time we had an Americanised soccer franchise in Scotland.

Hibernian Charlestons Assault & Battery.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Potentially Hurtful 😩😫. If you’re a ten year old. Good job I don’t give a tuppenny toss what you think

Good you should not 

What I think of you and your totally incessant and continual anti Hearts shite is not important . It is just my opinion

If you are a Hearts supporter though , you are clearly twisted and broken to the point where you are the embodiment of total misery 

I will continue to hold the opinion that you are not a Hearts supporter 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good you should not 

What I think of you and your totally incessant and continual anti Hearts shite is not important . It is just my opinion

If you are a Hearts supporter though , you are clearly twisted and broken to the point where you are the embodiment of total misery 

I will continue to hold the opinion that you are not a Hearts supporter 

See here’s where you have a problem. I could send you one link which would prove it once and for all. I’m not going to because I don’t know you from Adam and you don’t seem to me like a trustworthy honest sort anyway so your not getting private information about me

Whereas you only have an opinion without any basis or proof whatsoever 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

See here’s where you have a problem. I could send you one link which would prove it once and for all. I’m not going to because I don’t know you from Adam and you don’t seem to me like a trustworthy honest sort anyway so your not getting private information about me

Whereas you only have an opinion without any basis or proof whatsoever 

See heres where you mistake me thinking what I do of you , as me giving much of a **** either way . In all honesty if you are a Hearts supporter then that actually makes your pathetic carry on far worse . Tragic really but what ever makes you happy / miserable I suppose 

Tayside Jambo
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Maybe the Dundee owner will buy them

Think they might just have enough to cobble together for a bag of chips and a pint at Frews, let alone another club.

Percival King
31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They’d have stayed in the championship if we hadn’t been demoted. (Without reconstruction) It’s completely understandable in their case to vote against us because they had more or less secured promotion on the pitch where it counts. Sorry but they deserved to go up.

You’d be better looking at clubs who had nothing to gain, one in particular who lost a fair bit of money by voting against us

I think any club in their situation, including ourselves, would have voted they way they did. If they hadn't, they'd have been slaughtered by their fans. Maybe they could have pursued reconstruction more to keep things fairer, but then again, this is Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Tayside Jambo said:

Think they might just have enough to cobble together for a bag of chips and a pint at Frews, let alone another club.

Unless they have already been putting together a consortium in the background , along with Ogren

Dump the debt through administration , buy the assets on the cheap and merge the assets 

Next , invite Ogren on board as part owner instead of receiving the cash for his owed debts

seems pretty likely to me 

Tayside Jambo
Just now, Sooks said:

Unless they have already been putting together a consortium in the background , along with Ogren

Dump the debt through administration , buy the assets on the cheap and merge the assets 

Next , invite Ogren on board as part owner instead of receiving the cash for his owed debts

seems pretty likely to me 

Logically could work. Will either side want it to happen, probably not. Both too stubborn with ground sharing which could end up with them both struggling, which would be quite fun to watch from the outside. 

Dundee is a very strange club behind the scenes. Couldn't afford to turn their undersoil heating on for 2 games against Dunfermline in the challenge cup, and thinking they could mange without it, both games postponed one for frozen pitch, the other for waterlogged where they melted the ice too quickly and caused puddles. Using a leaf blower to remove excess water and try and melt some of it was also hilarious to see

4 minutes ago, Tayside Jambo said:

Logically could work. Will either side want it to happen, probably not. Both too stubborn with ground sharing which could end up with them both struggling, which would be quite fun to watch from the outside. 

Dundee is a very strange club behind the scenes. Couldn't afford to turn their undersoil heating on for 2 games against Dunfermline in the challenge cup, and thinking they could mange without it, both games postponed one for frozen pitch, the other for waterlogged where they melted the ice too quickly and caused puddles. Using a leaf blower to remove excess water and try and melt some of it was also hilarious to see

I am not convinced the stubbornness extends to the owners 

Tayside Jambo
26 minutes ago, martoon said:

High time we had an Americanised soccer franchise in Scotland.

Hibernian Charlestons Assault & Battery.

Hilltown Highrollers 

Dundee Whalers (used to be the American football team name up here)

The Stobswell Swines

The Caird/Camperdown Crew (If they relocated to Caird Park or Camperdown Park)

Downfield Discoverers 

Percival King
2 minutes ago, Tayside Jambo said:

This has been a long week at work but your comment about their undersold heating and the picture it has painted has given me a laugh, I thank you for that.

Tayside Jambo
4 minutes ago, Percival King said:

This has been a long week at work but your comment about their undersold heating and the picture it has painted has given me a laugh, I thank you for that.

'No bother lads, let me get the blower on it, be good as new in an hour'

Edited by Tayside Jambo

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

See heres where you mistake me thinking what I do of you , as me giving much of a **** either way . In all honesty if you are a Hearts supporter then that actually makes your pathetic carry on far worse . Tragic really but what ever makes you happy / miserable I suppose 

Call me out again in this bullying and intimidatory abusive fashion and you better be able to prove it to the mod team. End of discussion 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Call me out again in this bullying and intimidatory abusive fashion and you better be able to prove it to the mod team. End of discussion 

I do not really care Jimmy

Call you out ? I am giving my personal opinion of how I perceive you , I doubt that is forbidden unless it involves using protected characteristics as a reason to abuse , or if I am actually bullying you which I am not

Are our opinions and feelings against the forum rules ? If so I will get a ban or some thing

My personal opinion is that you are not some one who supports Hearts

If you have been an avid supporter of the club at some point in he last then that is good and I am glad you were once a Hearts supporter 

Back on topic , I am glad that this is happening to Dundee United and their fans , because they took every delight in every low point in our history in my life time . JimmyCant playing devils advocate for every one against Hearts is just predictable distraction from the topic  

Edited by Sooks

17 hours ago, martoon said:

If they did merge what could the new club be called?

Discovery FC,

Silvery Tay FC,

Dundee Utility FC,

Desperate Dandee FC...

It's out of my hands. 😄

"Lochee Hibernians" is my shout, but ...

"The Idiots" or "The Losers" would be apt.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/11/the-unlikely-story-of-how-dundee-united-became-an-insult-in-nigeria

I just don’t think we can thank Ann Budge and our fellow fans enough for what we’ve collectively done at Heart of Midlothian football club. Absolute shitshows going on around us while we are fan owned and secure in the knowledge no fly by night can ever waltz in and take our club. 

I would also add anyone who doesn’t contribute but financially could to FoH should do so, gives you a right warm wee fuzzy feeling owning the club. 

Edited by Rudy T

1 hour ago, Tayside Jambo said:

Hilltown Highrollers 

Dundee Whalers (used to be the American football team name up here)

The Stobswell Swines

The Caird/Camperdown Crew (If they relocated to Caird Park or Camperdown Park)

Downfield Discoverers 

Douglas Donkeys.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Tay tay tay tay tay-tay-tay-tay-tay-tay-tay

One thing for sure. If Dun U get relegated (or whatever) then they'll be very fortunate to get a tangerine bounce anything like Mel's.

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I just don’t think we can thank Ann Budge and our fellow fans enough for what we’ve collectively done at Heart of Midlothian football club. Absolute shitshows going on around us while we are fan owned and secure in the knowledge no fly by night can ever waltz in and take our club. 

I would also add anyone who doesn’t contribute but financially could to FoH should do so, gives you a right warm wee fuzzy feeling owning the club. 

Totally agree. Was saying the exact same thing to my better half this morning.

40 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/11/the-unlikely-story-of-how-dundee-united-became-an-insult-in-nigeria

Quick update.

Someone has even posted a vid. 😁

(Stationery Stores would likely jump at the oppotunity to sponsor them 🤭)

Percival King
24 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I might have posted this previously but I read When Saturday Comes every month and every month there seems to be an article about some basket case club. It feels like half the clubs in Britain have been in a mess, are in a mess or are likely to be in a mess at some point in the future These are grim stories but, boy, it makes you grateful that not only is our grim story behind us but also that we've made such a success of things since, that's not to be taken for granted.

Bazzas right boot

Aberdundae.

The 3 clubs should merge,  maybe between them they'll conjure up a proper stadium and a decent average crowd. 

13 minutes ago, Percival King said:

I might have posted this previously but I read When Saturday Comes every month and every month there seems to be an article about some basket case club. It feels like half the clubs in Britain have been in a mess, are in a mess or are likely to be in a mess at some point in the future These are grim stories but, boy, it makes you grateful that not only is our grim story behind us but also that we've made such a success of things since, that's not to be taken for granted.

that is because British football is a capitalist bin fire with Englands third tier clubs paying wages three or four times what we can some times , and Scotlands leagues being built around just two clubs and every ones existence being linked to their success

I would love to see the whole thing implode and the money disappear so we can all start again 

I don't feel good or bad about it, but after the events of 2020 I would celebrate most teams in Scotland going bust.  Won't be dancing in the streets of Gorgie if things go bad for DUTD, just a wee dram and toast their misfortune.  🤞

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

that is because British football is a capitalist bin fire with Englands third tier clubs paying wages three or four times what we can some times , and Scotlands leagues being built around just two clubs and every ones existence being linked to their success

I would love to see the whole thing implode and the money disappear so we can all start again 

Interesting that one of the new roles of the regulator in English football involves the following -

Financial stability and fans' input

A new licensing system will require every club - from the Premier League to the National League - to prove it has a sustainable business model implemented by responsible custodians as part of an application process.

If clubs are not granted a license by the regulator, they will not be allowed to compete

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536218

They may get more money from a 'fairer' distribution deal at some point but a lot of Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs seem to be operating with no sustainable business model. 

Maybe if they have to prove they can operate sustainably to be licenced then the wages they pay will have to reflect a more realistic budget. Fans won't want that though. 

41 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aberdundae.

The 3 clubs should merge,  maybe between them they'll conjure up a proper stadium and a decent average crowd. 

...and a very weird accent.

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Cheers for the link, Mikey.

I've seen it before but it was worth rereading.

4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Partick Thistle

Inverness Caley Thistle

Stranraer 

East Fife

Falkirk 

Edinburgh City

AKA The Good Guy List 👍🏼

Definitive, this should be a sticky on the main page.

Didn't know Edinburgh City were one of the few, attitude duly adjusted.

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

The Dundee Discovery has a nice American ring to it 

Not at all wrong, except they'd start out as The Dundee Discovery and play like that for 8 years, then ownership would change and to get a "European" feel to it they'd change the name to FC Real Dundee FC (with Real pronounced the English way rather than the Spanish way, with no self-awareness whatsoever). After they got embarrassed about that enough they'd decide to try to broaden appeal by going by Tayside FC.

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Not at all wrong, except they'd start out as The Dundee Discovery and play like that for 8 years, then ownership would change and to get a "European" feel to it they'd change the name to FC Real Dundee FC (with Real pronounced the English way rather than the Spanish way, with no self-awareness whatsoever). After they got embarrassed about that enough they'd decide to try to broaden appeal by going by Tayside FC.

They could start off with a badge that has three moody looking jute factory workers on it , then years later realise it looks tragic and replace it with some thing more generic 😄 

Dundee Discovery Crew

Naisys Tackle

6 pages on Dundee Utd because we disagree about them looking after themselves. Jeezo - we are in a great place now who gives a feck?  Sounds like Sevco hating everyone and wanting everyone bust.

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

6 pages on Dundee Utd because we disagree about them looking after themselves. Jeezo - we are in a great place now who gives a feck?  Sounds like Sevco hating everyone and wanting everyone bust.

It is a thread about Dundee United tbf

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly 😄

Who gives a **** if some Hearts fans are enjoying them struggling like they did us ? Always the same o. Threads like this , some one feels the need to pop up and position them self as devils advocate 

Its a forum for general foot ball discussion , so how many pages there are is irrelevant . If you dont like it dont post and increase the post count is my suggestion

Dundee United can go **** them selfs 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

True.  Put so much energy and focus into hating and wanting them down the pan?    All because they decided to look after themselves, something we would have completely done also.  We only wanted reconstruction because it suited us.  Its too much like the huns wanting us dead because he voted them down to L2. 

20 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Dundee (Soap) Dodgers?

Dundee Stealers?

Dundee Slashers?

Dundee Pehs? 

Dundeh Widinsdae, motto - maistly riddy

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Exactly 😄

Who gives a **** if some Hearts fans are enjoying them struggling like they did us ? Always the same o. Threads like this , some one feels the need to pop up and position them self as devils advocate 

Its a forum for general foot ball discussion , so how many pages there are is irrelevant . If you dont like it dont post and increase the post count is my suggestion

Dundee United can go **** them selfs 

There's nothing wrong with enjoying them struggle.  I don't remember them enjoying themselves when we went into admin, in fact there was many clubs that helped raise funds to give to us to help.   That bitter you want a club to die because you don't like how they voted?  Dundee perhaps aye but the rest?  

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

There's nothing wrong with enjoying them struggle.  I don't remember them enjoying themselves when we went into admin, in fact there was many clubs that helped raise funds to give to us to help.   That bitter you want a club to die because you don't like how they voted?  Dundee perhaps aye but the rest?  

You must have been kicking around with your eyes and ears closed then , because this wee bit of robbing is pretty tame . Bash on though mate , I know you love platforms like this 😄 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You must have been kicking around with your eyes and ears closed then , because this wee bit of robbing is pretty tame . Bash on though mate , I know you love platforms like this 😄 

Nah I'm out of this thread.  Waste of energy for me.  Trying to be a lot less of an argumentative ******* these days ;) 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Dundee (Soap) Dodgers?

Dundee Stealers?

Dundee Slashers?

Dundee Pehs? 

The Americans like to affiliate with a animal. 

Cougars, tigers, panthers, crocodile, bears...

Dundee doggers.

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nah I'm out of this thread.  Waste of energy for me.  Trying to be a lot less of an argumentative ******* these days ;) 

:-D 

it’s just one of those topics where people will be very divided mate . I for example will enjoy it , you not so much 

• davemclaren changed the title to Dundee United are fecked - Goodwin appointed