Dundee United are fecked - Goodwin appointed

That thing you do

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't mind Goodwin the manager tbh.

Be funny if utd go down now tho.

McInnes has went favorite for the sheep job.  That would relegate Killie for me.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

McInnes has went favorite for the sheep job.  That would relegate Killie for me.

They were daft to sack him.

Had Aberdeen in about 2nd and 3rd for the best part if a decade dropped to 4th and the fans were going on about shite football,  unable to go to the next level, he canttake them forward and unable to turn up for the big games.

They the went to shite,  he'll have them in about the top 4 again next season. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Had Aberdeen in about 2nd and 3rd for the best part if a decade dropped to 4th and the fans were going on about shite football,  unable to go to the next level, he canttake them forward and unable to turn up for the big games.

Yeah agree with that.  The fans forget he knocked back the Huns and Sunderland to stay there also then just turned on him.  

Takes a lot of humble pie from Cormack to reinstate him though, clearly he's allowing Burrows to take charge.  

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah agree with that.  The fans forget he knocked back the Huns and Sunderland to stay there also then just turned on him.  

Takes a lot of humble pie from Cormack to reinstate him though, clearly he's allowing Burrows to take charge.  

Duno.  The Dons I know were to a man happy for him to leave for Sunderland or Rangers, don't think they just wanted rid at the end, they were happy to be rid well before.  Not saying that's right or wrong, but they cited early that he was riding on the back of a squad left to him, his own recruitment between awful and patchy, the football awful, and he is clearly also a fud.

Outside looking in, he had no Hearts, Rangers or Hibs, Celtic in about as bad a place as you could think they would be with Lennon and Delia and their eye off the ball due to the lack of competition from their beloved rivals.  To me Aberdeen and McInnes shat it.  If Hearts had been in that position, I'd have wanted a big push, I'd have wanted more.

Goodwin is a funny one.  Hated him as a player, seems like a thoroughly nice guy though (public persona certainly but also heard he's sound).  But then at the same time he's had fall out after fall out with players at Aberdeen and they didn't seem behind him.  Is that legacy stuff where he was clearing out bad eggs?  Not so sure really.  Some very funny decisions and team selections - Joe Lewis better than Roode imo, and also the guy he made captain - Stewart? - I mean, what!?

So he's a guy who LOOKS like a good manager, SEEMS like a nice guy.... but who knows really!

Dundee United can certainly rot in their own pish.  Maybe if they go down, the players can do sponsored walks to the likes of Morton and Ayr.  They probably won't afford the bus anyway...

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Duno.  The Dons I know were to a man happy for him to leave for Sunderland or Rangers, don't think they just wanted rid at the end, they were happy to be rid well before.  Not saying that's right or wrong, but they cited early that he was riding on the back of a squad left to him, his own recruitment between awful and patchy, the football awful, and he is clearly also a fud.

Outside looking in, he had no Hearts, Rangers or Hibs, Celtic in about as bad a place as you could think they would be with Lennon and Delia and their eye off the ball due to the lack of competition from their beloved rivals.  To me Aberdeen and McInnes shat it.  If Hearts had been in that position, I'd have wanted a big push, I'd have wanted more.

Goodwin is a funny one.  Hated him as a player, seems like a thoroughly nice guy though (public persona certainly but also heard he's sound).  But then at the same time he's had fall out after fall out with players at Aberdeen and they didn't seem behind him.  Is that legacy stuff where he was clearing out bad eggs?  Not so sure really.  Some very funny decisions and team selections - Joe Lewis better than Roode imo, and also the guy he made captain - Stewart? - I mean, what!?

So he's a guy who LOOKS like a good manager, SEEMS like a nice guy.... but who knows really!

Dundee United can certainly rot in their own pish.  Maybe if they go down, the players can do sponsored walks to the likes of Morton and Ayr.  They probably won't afford the bus anyway...

He only had no Hearts for what?  A year.  He also had Aberdeen in second twice after Rangers came back into the league, that's overlooked at times, as is how the club was before he joined them and how they have been since he left.  Aberdeen thought the grass could be greener punting him.   No sure how they shat it either, they were clearly best of the rest.  You would have wanted Hearts to push more to Celtic and the budget and players they had to dwarf us?  Remember we were only out the league for a year and never done much at all if anything even without Rangers being there. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He only had no Hearts for what?  A year.  He also had Aberdeen in second twice after Rangers came back into the league, that's overlooked at times, as is how the club was before he joined them and how they have been since he left.  Aberdeen thought the grass could be greener punting him.   No sure how they shat it either, they were clearly best of the rest.  You would have wanted Hearts to push more to Celtic and the budget and players they had to dwarf us?  Remember we were only out the league for a year and never done much at all if anything even without Rangers being there. 

Yes but what nick were we in before we went out the league and then newly back.  Same Rangers.  

He had a unique opportunity no one outwith the OF have had in generations.  He didn't lay a glove.  It's not that he didn't compete with Celtic on the park, that's unrealistic.  But they were pretty meek.  As I say, the biggest stick to beat him with was his recruitment.  His budget was very decent.  Certainly in comparison to those around him

Anyway, don't really give a hoot just know a few Aberdeen fans and they didn't like him.  Would actually be funny to see him back there for this reason alone!  Would hope he'd fail.  Not sure I'd be giving him budget and reign in the market

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Be a right laugh if they go and pump Aberdeen now.

It’s bonkers they play them in 2 days time. The same fixture, also played Saturday tea time, earlier in the season, saw a 4-0 Utd win and since then Aberdeen’s away form has some how regressed! It will be very interesting to see how much effort their players put on against Goodwin whilst at the same time he will be dying to coax a performance out his new side to silence what I’d imagine will be quite an abusive Dons support. Be an interesting watch. 

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:isee:

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

McInnes was on unsustainable money at Abereen. Probably due to the advances he turned down elsewhere. Much of what he did at Aberdeen was in a league that either didn't have Hearts, Hibs or Rangers or had them in a diluted form. 

Aberdeen would be wise to look forward rather than back. McInnes is seemingly settled in Ayrshire although money talks. He ain't going back there for circa £700k a year that's for sure  

Watt-Zeefuik

It occurred to me that the fact that their best player is Steven Fletcher might be a reason Levein ended up staying away.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

It occurred to me that the fact that their best player is Steven Fletcher might be a reason Levein ended up staying away.

Why?

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why?

The snit between the two of them when Levein was in charge of Scotland.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Yeah I remember that . McCulloch was another was he not 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Ah, don't remember that. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah I remember that . McCulloch was another was he not 

Honestly don't recall, had to google.

From just this one article it sounds like it wasn't as acrimonious as the Fletcher situation was. I remember that one dragging out for over a year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/craig-levein-pleased-by-lee-mccullochs-1050604

34 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why?

Could it be that players who spend more time in front of the mirror perfecting their hair-doos rather than concentrating on their footballing skills make Levein wanna boak?

Screenshot_20230302_165231_Google.jpg

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Be a right laugh if they go and pump Aberdeen now.

Didn't McInnes win against Aberdeen with Killie, on his first game back against them?  Or am I just wishing it was true?

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Could it be that players who spend more time in front of the mirror perfecting their hair-doos rather than concentrating on their footballing skills make Levein wanna boak?

Spits on rickshaw drivers . Pleasant guy

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

And understandably so too...

If I was a manager I'd be whacking heavy fines upon any players who - at any active stage of any game - start fiddling with / adjusting / doing-running-repairs-upon / smoothing down / primping up / whatever-the-feck  with their hair. In fact, I'd be strongly encouraging them to adopt a traditional British footballers' haircut: short-back-and-sides, a No-2 cut all over, or - best of all - shaved off completely.

I'd also impose the weekly maximum-allowable fine on Steven Fletcher for being a lowlife h1b5 tosser.

7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Altetnatively:-

I quite like Goodwin (opposite to him as a player, mind) so hope he gets every opportunity to see if he can bring them back up at 1st time of asking.

To be fair, I met him a few years back (hospitality at Alloa, don't ask) and he was a thoroughly decent bloke. Seemed a real student of the game. 

Totally at odds with his persona on the pitch. 

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, Craig_ said:

To be fair, I met him a few years back (hospitality at Alloa, don't ask) and he was a thoroughly decent bloke. Seemed a real student of the game. 

Totally at odds with his persona on the pitch. 

Generally footballers, no matter how they are on the pitch, are pretty sound off it. They're mostly just normal guys at the end of the day. Have met quite a few in my time and can only think of three whom I thought were absolute fuds. 

Jamstomorrow
13 hours ago, Sooks said:

H1b5 class!   You can take the boy out of h1b5, but . . . . . . . . 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

H1b5 class!   You can take the boy out of h1b5, but . . . . . . . . 

FFFHibs absolutely churn them out - have done for decades. A conveyor belt for scum. Part of the culture/history !

Unknown user
18 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

They got over that, Fletcher played under Levein again after he gained some respect for representing Scotland.

15 hours ago, Sooks said:

Worst *****, that still boils my piss. Not just that he spat on a guy he was paying for his labour, but that he put it on Instagram saying "al gob on ya back ya *****" 😠 

5 star , **** Steven Fletcher, the *****'s *****.

19 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

But they resolved that issue. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They got over that, Fletcher played under Levein again after he gained some respect for representing Scotland.

Worst *****, that still boils my piss. Not just that he spat on a guy he was paying for his labour, but that he put it on Instagram saying "al gob on ya back ya *****" 😠 

5 star , **** Steven Fletcher, the *****'s *****.

Totally agree the lowest of the low that sort of shit

Fort Vallance
22 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sounds familiar.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'd forgotten that bit.

On 02/03/2023 at 13:35, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye but they were paying McInnes about 750-800k a year salary. Milne had matched Sunderland's offer in order to keep him. 

They couldn't continue to sustain that level of salary when he wasn't winning them anything or going far in Europe.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, GC81 said:

Aye but they were paying McInnes about 750-800k a year salary. Milne had matched Sunderland's offer in order to keep him. 

They couldn't continue to sustain that level of salary when he wasn't winning them anything or going far in Europe.

He'll cost them less this time. 

Shanks said no

Is the United Aberdeen game on TV or is it just overseas? Would be quite entertaining after a good victory by the Famous.

Edit - its listed as DUTV, so doubt Roseburn will have it on

Edited by Shanks said no

1 minute ago, Shanks said no said:

Is the United Aberdeen game on TV or is it just overseas? Would be quite entertaining after a good victory by the Famous.

dundee united ppv

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, GC81 said:

Rangers wanted him to take a pay cut to go there 😆.

On 02/03/2023 at 07:35, Bazzas right boot said:

It was always my view it was idiotic to let him go, the statistics say it all. They were on a bad run when it happened but they were still in a comfortable 4th for a Euro spot. What would they give for a guarantee of that now?

I look at a lot of football forums mostly because I live in the US where there are very few to talk about the game with, or at least around me. I look at Scottish and English forums because it keeps me in touch with the wider game.

McInnes had been reviled on the sheep forum for years before his sacking, even as he was delivering all these Euro finishes. Real abuse, "hun ****" and a lot worse.

Ironically when speaking of the OF they will often say the bigot brothers or something like it, while I who look at all these club forums see more of the basest type of really vile and sick bigotry on their forum than any others. Including the OF.

Also in his early seasons they actually were not a bad side playing some attractive attacking football, but over the course of a few years that team was sold off or like Ryan Jack left when their contracts expired.  

As that happened their style of play became a lot more turgid, McInnes brought in physically large units who suited a defensive hoof ball type strategy that worked for them. For that alone they were screaming for him to be sacked for years.

And of course this thing we also hear around here, "the next level"

The hate for McInnes increased even more after Rangers return to the league though not right away, he still got them a second place finish that season. But the inevitable took shape and Rangers began the revival to their current state of massive financial dominance which sheep fans see as no excuse for not competing with them.   

And that plus the turgid football due to the fact the quality required to play attractive football just wasn't there anymore gave them the perfect excuse to crank up the hate on McInnes even more.

They're a support hating themselves to death because they cannot accept insurmountable realities. I'm more than confident the decision to let McInnes go was massively influenced by these bigoted bleating morons.

I can see them cycling through manager after manager for years never having a settled squad. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It was always my view it was idiotic to let him go, the statistics say it all. They were on a bad run when it happened but they were still in a comfortable 4th for a Euro spot. What would they give for a guarantee of that now?

I look at a lot of football forums mostly because I live in the US where there are very few to talk about the game with, or at least around me. I look at Scottish and English forums because it keeps me in touch with the wider game.

McInnes had been reviled on the sheep forum for years before his sacking, even as he was delivering all these Euro finishes. Real abuse, "hun ****" and a lot worse.

Ironically when speaking of the OF they will often say the bigot brothers or something like it, while I who look at all these club forums see more of the basest type of really vile and sick bigotry on their forum than any others. Including the OF.

Also in his early seasons they actually were not a bad side playing some attractive attacking football, but over the course of a few years that team was sold off or like Ryan Jack left when their contracts expired.  

As that happened their style of play became a lot more turgid, McInnes brought in physically large units who suited a defensive hoof ball type strategy that worked for them. For that alone they were screaming for him to be sacked for years.

And of course this thing we also hear around here, "the next level"

The hate for McInnes increased even more after Rangers return to the league though not right away, he still got them a second place finish that season. But the inevitable took shape and Rangers began the revival to their current state of massive financial dominance which sheep fans see as no excuse for not competing with them.   

And that plus the turgid football due to the fact the quality required to play attractive football just wasn't there anymore gave them the perfect excuse to crank up the hate on McInnes even more.

They're a support hating themselves to death because they cannot accept insurmountable realities. I'm more than confident the decision to let McInnes go was massively influenced by these bigoted bleating morons.

I can see them cycling through manager after manager for years never having a settled squad. 

We are in danger of doing the same.

Thankfully the dafties are a small ridiculed band but you can see how their members and confidence grow after a few bad results.

It's moronic and utterly destructive. 

They ,like the Aberdeen lot are the biggest threat to our short - medium term improvement and stability. 

It's even happened to us first time round under Bob and they ignore that.

Lone Striker
On 02/03/2023 at 17:08, Wee Mikey said:

For a guy who was quite handsome 15 years ago, he's a right ugly fecker now.     That man-bun just makes it worse

Naisys Tackle
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

For a guy who was quite handsome 15 years ago, he's a right ugly fecker now.     That man-bun just makes it worse

0_GP8813315.jpg

On 23/02/2023 at 13:36, Debut 4 said:

Think that’s where JJ had them training quite often?  I can remember back in the 80s watching the team train at Roseburn 👍🏻

And Saughton Enclosure - Roger Whitaker asking us young scamps to go and get him a bottle of ‘ginger’ - us all saying our grannies only drink that sheite.

Edited by Hook

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We are in danger of doing the same.

Thankfully the dafties are a small ridiculed band but you can see how their members and confidence grow after a few bad results.

It's moronic and utterly destructive. 

They ,like the Aberdeen lot are the biggest threat to our short - medium term improvement and stability. 

It's even happened to us first time round under Bob and they ignore that.

I was thinking something similar.  Happy clapper I may be but I'm happy to see incremental progress and look at big picture.  I'll call it out when we are shite like we were v Livi, Rangers and Motherwell but I'll also accept that playing withoiut recognised centre backs and defensive midfielders impacts on performances and results.  I'll even accept that bad days happen. 

Aberdeen are hampered by the Ferguson legacy, we don't have that.  What we do have is a stable base, a decent manager and an increasing budget.   I'd hate to jeopardise any of that by a knee jerk decision  based on entitlement. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I was thinking something similar.  Happy clapper I may be but I'm happy to see incremental progress and look at big picture.  I'll call it out when we are shite like we were v Livi, Rangers and Motherwell but I'll also accept that playing withoiut recognised centre backs and defensive midfielders impacts on performances and results.  I'll even accept that bad days happen. 

Aberdeen are hampered by the Ferguson legacy, we don't have that.  What we do have is a stable base, a decent manager and an increasing budget.   I'd hate to jeopardise any of that by a knee jerk decision  based on entitlement. 

It's not even entitlement. 

It's based on fantasy and made up nonsense  that as no context, logic or reason to support it with some of it driven by a ongoing 7 year dislike of our current manager.

It's utterly destructive. 

If it was based on entitlement, even that  would make more sense than the nonsense spouted by some on here.

26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not even entitlement. 

It's based on fantasy and made up nonsense  that as no context, logic or reason to support it with some of it driven by a ongoing 7 year dislike of our current manager.

It's utterly destructive. 

If it was based on entitlement, even that  would make more sense than the nonsense spouted by some on here.

Change the record it’s utterly boring. Don’t think many on here have a dislike of our manager. It’s a forum for voicing opinion of a club ( not a manager)  we all support. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Change the record it’s utterly boring. Don’t think many on here have a dislike of our manager. It’s a forum for voicing opinion of a club ( not a manager)  we all support. 

Wind yer neck in.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Wind yer neck in.

🤣 Should try it yourself sometime. Constantly having a go at folk as though you run the place 👍

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

🤣 Should try it yourself sometime. Constantly having a go at folk as though you run the place 👍

:bravo:

Tosh telling someone to wind their neck in.