Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

Really, really good and so pleased for him. We'll done to the crowd as well for the rapturous applause evertime he strolled it and sang his name for the last 15 minutes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Anywhere as long as they put in a performance like Toby did then who am I to complain 👍

👍👍

Now that Kingsley will no doubt be out for months Toby couldn’t have picked a better time to step up to the plate!

24 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He came of age, what a second half performance! MOTM by a long way.

Michael Smith for me. However i am loving the fact i wanna argue with you over this

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Still only 23 which is young for a top-class centre half. Hope people will give him a bit if a break if he doesn't manage to keep up tonight's level in the next few weeks.

He just needs to keep playing. He is growing into games. Was good against Fiorentina, better against Celtic at the weekend there and even better tonight. 

Anybody know the full lyrics to the song? Think I got most of it at the game but would be good for confirmation.

Well deserving of his motm performance. It’s amazing the confidence players get with the fans behind them rather than on their back.

So, So happy for him!

Edited by D4nny_

He was so composed and calm when in the one on ones and nicked the ball each time. Good with his passing and long balls too.

Great to be singing his name after how his return has went, he's got it all he just needs to keep believing it.

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Michael Smith for me. However i am loving the fact i wanna argue with you over this

Loved the moment when Smith left the second ball on the field then was told to walk back and punt it off. The slow stroll was expert streetwise timewasting.

Fozzyonthefence

Terrific 2nd half and was great to hear the fans singing his name and the beaming smile on his face at the end.   Hopefully he can kick on from this and it’s not a one off.  Just not sure where he plays though, if anywhere, when everyone is fit.  Maybe RCB is his best bet if we go back to 3 at the back regularly.  

Best performance from him since he returned and a well deserved MoM award.  He even started showboating near the end, his confidence was so high.  Hearing the fans chant his name was fantastic and I was praying near the end that he didn't spoil it all by having a brain fart and gifting them an equaliser, but he remained totally assured. 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Once again the boo boys who regularly shout abuse at Sibbick have been shown up as a bunch of tossers.

Well done, turn a really positive thread into a dig at fellow Hearts fans.  I really don’t get some people on here!  Just enjoy it ffs!

Fantastic stuff, the players who are out were all sitting just along from me and they were absolutely loving the Sibbick sing-a-long especially Benni who was on his feet singing and filming the crowd which was brilliant to see. The power of praise can help move mountains. I salute all the fans who made this such a memorable night for him but most of all I salute Toby for bringing it about.

Edited by feedthefox

Tonight we got a snapshot of how good Toby can be. Much easier to be good in a settled defence but to be outstanding in a makeshift defence is a huge boost to player and club. No pressure but in SK's absence he'll need to emulate that performance on Sunday.

Genuinely delighted for the guy. He hadn’t been playing great, but he was also nowhere near as bad as some made out (I’d even argue over the course of this season he’s had more good or not bad games than bad). Never understood why so many were quick to write off a player that has obvious attributes. But as he knows himself, these performances need to keep happening and the fans will be on board. And well done to the fans, great support.

I've been very critical of him but he had an excellent game tonight and if he continues like that I will be more than happy to be proved wrong. He fully deserved the song in his honour tonight.

ShortmanRossco
40 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolutely delighted for him. Been a very vocal criticiser of him but I will eat humble pie tonight. Boy was outstanding and exactly what we wanted to see

x2. Good for him 👏 

21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He just needs to keep playing. He is growing into games. Was good against Fiorentina, better against Celtic at the weekend there and even better tonight. 

Looks like he might be the type to need a run of games. He was very good tonight. Showed maturity and intelligence. Covered the ground well and was always winning any race. 

Amazing what a little bit of encouragement can do for a player. 

He was always going to come good, glad it's with us instead of being hounded out the door.

larbert_jambo
6 minutes ago, communist said:

Need confirmation of all lyrics for his song please?

I love you till my heart breaks,

He loves the ****ing Gorgie,

He turned the Hibees downnnn....Toby Sibbick

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well done, turn a really positive thread into a dig at fellow Hearts fans.  I really don’t get some people on here!  Just enjoy it ffs!

Sanctimonious post and a cretinous response to a serious comment about so called fans who like to pick on individual players. Presumably you were one of the boo boys. 

1 minute ago, larbert_jambo said:

I love you till my heart breaks,

He loves the ****ing Gorgie,

He turned the Hibees downnnn....Toby Sibbick

Thanks mate. 

8 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

Utterly imperious tonight. Absolutely chuffed for him and hope it's a career defining game for the lad!

Seconded 👏

and well done to the fans giving such vocal support. Great to see that connection- breeds positivity and confidence 

Absolutely brilliant. Delighted for the guy.

Didn't put a foot wrong and every winning tackle was met by a roar from the crowd. Will do his confidence the world of good.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Absolutely brilliant. Delighted for the guy.

Didn't put a foot wrong and every winning tackle was met by a roar from the crowd. Will do his confidence the world of good.

I think we are going to need him in October so good he has found some form.  

RustyRightPeg
24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Looks like he might be the type to need a run of games. He was very good tonight. Showed maturity and intelligence. Covered the ground well and was always winning any race. 

Yep. 

He’s obviously popular with the players too, numerous posts from players about his performance tonight. Great to see. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )