Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Hard to tell what you were saying then. 

Surprised by that …………

What I was saying is that he is showing a damned admirable character by ploughing on and working hard to improve despite the very difficult scenario where his own fans are booing him on to the pitch and saying he is too old to learn or just not good enough to

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah I'm with you.

IF (and even that's quite a big if) there could be one player we may be able to compare him with after looking like a fish out of water and then became a first choice CH and a decent footballer too is for me Darren Barr.  Even then its a push as he was class at Falkirk in the Prem.

I’m genuinely trying to think back to some of the examples given as comparisons and I honestly can’t recall them looking as out of their depth as often as Sibbick does when he plays for us. It’s not like it’s once every 6 games or something, there’s moments in every match where he’s caught completely out of position. 

I feel for him being targeted by boo boys but I honestly think some of the arguments being made on here are more attempts to correct that than engaging with how he plays. 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Surprised by that …………

What I was saying is that he is showing a damned admirable character by ploughing on and working hard to improve despite the very difficult scenario where his own fans are booing him on to the pitch and saying he is too old to learn or just not good enough to

Fair. I’m not contesting that. He can do all of that on the training ground or out on loan as far as I’m concerned. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

I’m genuinely trying to think back to some of the examples given as comparisons and I honestly can’t recall them looking as out of their depth as often as Sibbick does when he plays for us. It’s not like it’s once every 6 games or something, there’s moments in every match where he’s caught completely out of position. 

I feel for him being targeted by boo boys but I honestly think some of the arguments being made on here are more attempts to correct that than engaging with how he plays. 

Yeah was trying to be kind tbh.  He does look lost - a lot.   Maybe Halkett in beside him would help but major doubtful. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think the comparison is fair same with Pressley Karipidis or Halkett 

All were panned early doors by people confidently stating they were not good enough

Why not compare him to defenders who weren’t a success at the club? He’s nothing like Pressley or Zal other than he plays the same position. 

5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Fair. I’m not contesting that. He can do all of that on the training ground or out on loan as far as I’m concerned. 

I think he would have been had our injuries not been so bad ………… I feel for the lad

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why not compare him to defenders who weren’t a success at the club? He’s nothing like Pressley or Zal other than he plays the same position. 

Pressley and Karipidis played full back for us when they first arrived

The reason I think Zaliukas is the better comparison is that they both played central defending midfielder when they first arrived 

Also the things being thrown at Sibbick right now are most closely aligned with the abuse that Zaliukas took ………. brain farts and positioning 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Season before he captained us to the cup

We have bams in our support. 

That hasn't changed. 

There isn't a player that hasn't been panned on here. 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think he would have been had our injuries not been so bad ………… I feel for the lad

Again fair. I get that from your posts and I’ve felt the same in the past. 

I don’t agree with booing him running on the park or anything. I’d only ever really condone booing if it someone utterly at it (I.e. a total lazy wage thief) As you’ve said he does give it his all and he does put the effort in. I just don’t think he’s up to standard and get nervous whenever he comes on and we have a 1 goal lead. 

More than happy for him to prove me wrong. Just at this point in time I’m not sure I see it. 

Edited by BlueRiver

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

We have bams in our support. 

That hasn't changed. 

There isn't a player that hasn't been panned on here. 

We do

It has not

There are

The reason I posted that thread was because I did not believe for a second that Zaliukas was only getting it tight because he was Lithuanian and I also did not believe it was just for a short period when he first joined ………….. when I googled to find it it was far from the only such thread

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Again fair. I get that from your posts and I’ve felt the same in the past. 

I don’t agree with booing him running on the park or anything. I’d only ever really condone booing if it someone utterly at it (I.e. a total lazy wage thief) As you’ve said he does give it his all and he does put the effort in. I just don’t think he’s up to standard and get nervous whenever he comes on and we have a 1 goal lead. 

More than happy for him to prove me wrong. Just at this point in time I’m not sure I see it. 

A fair response 

Just now, Sooks said:

We do

It has not

There are

The reason I posted that thread was because I did not believe for a second that Zaliukas was only getting it tight because he was Lithuanian and I also did not believe it was just for a short period when he first joined ………….. when I googled to find it it was far from the only such thread

Stand corrected on that point. I did think a lot of Zal’s critics were more vocal in his early days though. I’m not remembering that accurately though as you’ve demonstrated with that thread. 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Pressley and Karipidis played full back for us when they first arrived

The reason I think Zaliukas is the better comparison is that they both played central defending midfielder when they first arrived 

Also the things being thrown at Sibbick right now are most closely aligned with the abuse that Zaliukas took ………. brain farts and positioning 

I guess folk always like to point the finger when things aren’t going well. Not every young player goes on to emulate the likes of Pressley and Zal. Most don’t and although I think Toby will find his feet, comparing him to those guys, as I said is a bit daft. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I guess folk always like to point the finger when things aren’t going well. Not every young player goes on to emulate the likes of Pressley and Zal. Most don’t and although I think Toby will find his feet, comparing him to those guys, as I said is a bit daft. 

I think you are correct on all counts there mate

Perth to Paisley

Admin: any chance of creating a separate folder for non supportive fans to ridicule or condemn our players.

That way if some want to join in they can without it being mainstream chat.

It's not 'happy clappy' it's just pretty tiresome.

Thank you.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Admin: any chance of creating a separate folder for non supportive fans to ridicule or condemn our players.

Thank you.

Posters seem to be giving reasonable opinions and debate both ways on this matter in a genuine and respectful manner.

Its the posters unable to grasp others may have a not so positive opinion and take it completely personal then rip into other posters that are the problem imo. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

6 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Thank you.

Can’t say I see anything wrong with Hearts fans discussing Hearts players be it positive or negative.

If you don’t want to take part how about avoiding the threads discussing individual players?

Everyone will have an opinion and that opinion won’t always be that every Hearts player is the best in the land. 

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We do

It has not

There are

There isn't Tbh, even Gordon was panned just before he joined by many. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

There isn't Tbh, even Gordon was panned just before he joined by many. 

Google me up a thread on all of

Mick Smith

Rudi Skacel

Jimmy Dunne

Steven Kingsley

and I will concede that point from my post ………….

as long as the slagging posts are not from very obviously Hibs posters 😄 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Google me up a thread on all of

Mick Smith

Rudi Skacel

Jimmy Dunne

Steven Kingsley

and I will concede that point from my post ………….

as long as the slagging posts are not from very obviously Hibs posters 😄 

Kingsley was slated by some on Here, Smith definitely,. 

The other two ill give you, rudi was before my time on here. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I'm almost certain this boy will become a solid CB for us. It won't happen overnight but it will happen.

He might do. 

But right now he's not good enough or not playing well enough. 

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Would not be totally surprised if you are right to be honest but I require proof 😄 

20 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

C'mon it's not like asking someone to be faster or be more skilful, it's simple, "when the ball goes wide, instead of watching the ball, first, look to see where the danger is."  That's not that hard.

...we have no idea what the coaches at Barnsley were doing.

What I do know, is that after his first loan spell at Hearts, almost every single JKB poster wanted him re-signed. Then he signs and all of a sudden he's the one that's getting singled out for abuse. And, that's despicable.

Not at teenager? Get a grip. He's a young kid that happens to be more talented than any kids that have emerged from our Academy since Hickey. We need to treat him as such rather than picking away at any perceived weaknesses. Because, what's to be gained from they eh? What is it really that you want to happen? To hound him until he leaves. Is that it?

We didn't play him as a back 4 first time I saw him play for us

2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Thank you.

It is a bit odd isn’t it? By all accounts (wasn’t there myself) Sibbick played okay against Kilmarnock and Livingston. No brain farts, no errors. This thread should’ve slipped down while threads about the defeats, signings and Europe took centre stage. Yet this thread stays afloat and looks something like this:

Poster 1: I think he’s shite

Poster 2: I, too, think he’s shite

Poster 3: Never thought about it that way before, I agree that he’s shite

Poster 2: Exactly, he’s shite

Poster 4: I don’t think he’s shite

Poster 1: I hope you’re right Poster 4, but I’m afraid he’s shite

Poster 2: Some people on this forum! 🤣

Poster 3: You know another way he’s shite…

Poster 4: Honestly, he’s really not that bad

Poster 1: It’s a shame he’s shite, because booing is bad. But he’s shite. you know?

Poster 2: Agreed. Shite.

Poster 3: (Quotes post) Shite

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It is a bit odd isn’t it? By all accounts (wasn’t there myself) Sibbick played okay against Kilmarnock and Livingston. No brain farts, no errors. This thread should’ve slipped down while threads about the defeats, signings and Europe took centre stage. Yet this thread stays afloat and looks something like this:

Poster 1: It’s a shame he’s shite, because booing is bad. But he’s shite. you know?

He sold the free kick on Saturday and his marking horrible.

Yet you will come on and feel it in your bones, based on nowt that he will come good?

People have different opinions.  Always seems to be the ones on the defensive that then try to belittle others posts. 

Perth to Paisley
15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

👏👏👏

21 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yet you will come on and feel it in your bones, based on nowt that he will come good?

People have different opinions.  Always seems to be the ones on the defensive that then try to belittle others posts. 

Thats not true I was called a happy clapper the other day for simply posting a factual statement

may be it is just that you notice it more in one direction ?

Edited by Sooks

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What if he doesn’t come good? Then it was a failed signing. So what? Why the endless posts about it when he’s done nothing out of the ordinary for many games now. (The selling of the free kick is first I’m hearing of it, so couldn’t be that big a deal - unless you’re talking about Nouble holding him off for the foul against him for their goal? If so, a free kick any of our players could have given away without a second glance)

We have players that, if what you and other say is accurate, will simply not be good enough. They’ve came and went. Elliott Frear didn’t have a dedicated thread stay on page one continuously. Popescu didn’t. Wighton didn’t. Langer didn’t. Harry Cochrane didn’t. Right now, Henderson doesn’t.

All these players deemed early on or along their careers as not good enough. People just wrote them off until they left and that was it. Yet Sibbick has people discussing at length, why they think he’s shite. It’s weird.

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thats not true I was called a happy clapper the other day for simply posting a factual statement

may be it is just that you notice it more in one direction ?

Fair point bud.   

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What if he doesn’t come good? Then it was a failed signing. So what? Why the endless posts about it when he’s done nothing out of the ordinary for many games now. (The selling of the free kick is first I’m hearing of it, so couldn’t be that big a deal - unless you’re talking about Nouble holding him off for the foul against him for their goal? If so, a free kick any of our players could have given away without a second glance)

We have players that, if what you and other say is accurate, will simply not be good enough. They’ve came and went. Elliott Frear didn’t have a dedicated thread stay on page one continuously. Popescu didn’t. Wighton didn’t. Langer didn’t. Harry Cochrane didn’t. Right now, Henderson doesn’t.

All these players deemed early on or along their careers as not good enough. People just wrote them off until they left and that was it. Yet Sibbick has people discussing at length, why they think he’s shite. It’s weird.

He shouldnt be playing because he isnt good enough.  Thats the point.   Nouble targeted him as the weak link, won the foul got the goal. 

I didn't create the thread and I couldnt care less who had them or not tbh.  I wasnt around so wouldnt know. 

Its a huge talking point at the moment - should the forum just encourage blind optimistic posts on the thread or should there be a balance?

As @Sookshas pointed out there was many threads ripping Zal which was much more weird than having an opinion on a footballer and how he brings zero to the team and is all over the place every single game. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope 🙅 

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He shouldnt be playing because he isnt good enough.  Thats the point.   Nouble targeted him as the weak link, won the foul got the goal. 

I didn't create the thread and I couldnt care less who had them or not tbh.  I wasnt around so wouldnt know. 

Its a huge talking point at the moment - should the forum just encourage blind optimistic posts on the thread or should there be a balance?

As @Sookshas pointed out there was many threads ripping Zal which was much more weird than having an opinion on a footballer and how he brings zero to the team and is all over the place every single game. 

It’s not a huge talking point though. Or more to the point, it shouldn’t be. There’s less than a handful of you going back and forth on here discussing just how shite you all think he is. “Huge” talking points right now should be the upcoming game in European group stage football. Two losses to teams that we should be beating. Overall form. Deadline day and free agents. How the new signing performed on his debut. “Mental fatigue” comments by the manager. The manager himself. All of those should be above Sibbick in terms of current issues. Hell, talk about how Hickey is getting on at Brentford should garner more discussion than Sibbick at this current time.

This thread should be slipping down the pages until at least the next game, but no, it stays afloat because a few people who think he’s shite keeping talking to each other about how they think he’s shite, and when the occasional person comes in to give a contradictory view, the few that have been spouting the shite talk come back to tell said people how they too should think he’s shite.

Many of you think he’s shite, we get it. I’m not going to try and convince you otherwise. I don’t think there’s a point to be made that hasn’t been made already on here. Several times already. What purpose does it serve anymore?

tartofmidlothian
43 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

To be fair, Wighton probably did have his own thread. He took some pelters on here.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

To be fair, Wighton probably did have his own thread. He took some pelters on here.

Not continuously for weeks when he was either not playing, coming off then bench or played no better or worse than anyone else did. Most players have their own thread at one point or another on a match day, but they’re normally gone by the Sunday afternoon to pages 2 and 3. Sibbick though, has been primed on page 1 for weeks now.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

37 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

👍

Read  the last  line!

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s not a huge talking point though. Or more to the point, it shouldn’t be. There’s less than a handful of you going back and forth on here discussing just how shite you all think he is. “Huge” talking points right now should be the upcoming game in European group stage football. Two losses to teams that we should be beating. Overall form. Deadline day and free agents. How the new signing performed on his debut. “Mental fatigue” comments by the manager. The manager himself. All of those should be above Sibbick in terms of current issues. Hell, talk about how Hickey is getting on at Brentford should garner more discussion than Sibbick at this current time.

This thread should be slipping down the pages until at least the next game, but no, it stays afloat because a few people who think he’s shite keeping talking to each other about how they think he’s shite, and when the occasional person comes in to give a contradictory view, the few that have been spouting the shite talk come back to tell said people how they too should think he’s shite.

Many of you think he’s shite, we get it. I’m not going to try and convince you otherwise. I don’t think there’s a point to be made that hasn’t been made already on here. Several times already. What purpose does it serve anymore?

Youre keeping the thread going.  You do realise that?  I didnt bring it back up either. 

Lets just leave it then and hope the boy comes good. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Some folk get themselves in a right state over threads they didn’t even have to participate in 😂 

Genuinely feels folk are taking it personally.  So much rage.  Just weird. 

• 1 month later...
  • davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )