Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

You could see the confidence growing every time he got the ball and the fans singing his name will give him a boost as well. Hopefully he keeps it up because he's actually been not too bad since Fiorentina. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Absolute Scenes

Absolutely delighted for him. Been a very vocal criticiser of him but I will eat humble pie tonight. Boy was outstanding and exactly what we wanted to see

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

What a performance from him. 10/10 MOM. 

Absolutely incredible game from Toby, outstanding. Fantastic on the ball as well, I thought his distribution and how calm he was taking the ball was .. I'm running out of adjectives here :D marvellous! 

He should be so proud of his performance tonight, didn't put a foot wrong for 90 minutes. Saved our bacon a couple of times and gave RFS absolutely nothing. 

Played like Levein or Pressley, no exaggeration.

What a performance from him. 

Sensational! Watching him on the ball was brilliant, he was so calm and looks like every has clicked for him. I genuinely don't think he put a single foot wrong. 

I'm so buzzed for him, after the difficulties he's had earlier in the season, its just brilliant to see him put in a MoM performance in such an important game. 

Never put a foot wrong tonight 

Timely considering the selection problems at the back 

Sibbick is most definetly a confidence player. Great to see the support acknowledge his performance tonight,

He will take a lot of much needed confidence from this game 

Good player and still a lot of potential in him. 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

My MoM tonight had a really good game. 

What position does your mom play.....?

😁😁😁

Fantastic tonight. He is still a young player and has shown tonight he has the mental strength to get through a tough spell, something every player goes through.  Hope everyone can get behind him because we need him to keep that level up.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Played like Levein or Pressley, no exaggeration.

Absolutely, I was thinking now we've replaced Souttar. 

So happy for the laddie, he deserved that. 

Malinga the Swinga

Yet he was written off about 2 weeks ago. Immense tonight and looked as though he enjoyed every single minute of game.

Let's hope he kicks on.

Really pleased for him tonight well done, brilliant performance, and well done to our fans for singing his song, he clearly loved that and will have given him confidence no end 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 That’s what we need from our support rather than Constantly criticising get behind them, especially in our current injury crisis they need backing. 

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

What position does your mom play.....?

😁😁😁

Anywhere as long as they put in a performance like Toby did then who am I to complain 👍

Edited by Marvin

So pleased for him. Thereis and always has been a player there - just absolutely rocked and bereft of confidence after being thrown in a lot more than anyone would really have expected him to be. 

Cannot be underestimated his role after Kingsley went off injured - Helped guide Neilson through the rest of the game and kept it together

jack D and coke

Was great to see him smiling after the game he’s had a rough time. 
I was saying to my mate before the game he just needs to have 2 or 3 games of doing really simple stuff and he done that then made two or three really clean interventions and got the fans on side. That must’ve gave him a great boost hearing his name being sung. 
Well played and kick on now pal. 

Still only 23 which is young for a top-class centre half. Hope people will give him a bit if a break if he doesn't manage to keep up tonight's level in the next few weeks.

Jeffros Furios

Played well and looked like he was enjoying it ... hopefully boost his confidence. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He’s just a young guy here to learn the Center half trade.

Be more mistakes from him in future get off his back, the potential is there, all the attributes are there. It takes time to develop a defender 

RustyRightPeg

Honest interview on BT there. He knows he was coming up short, took a step back and looks as though he’s made 2 or 3 forward. A lot of self reflection. 

Long may it continue. 

Captain Lithuania

That’s the performance that I knew he was capable of. So many had written him off. Fans right behind him and look at the difference. He absolutely has a future here. He’s a fantastic athlete and with a bit of belief he will do well for us. 

Well done Toby. MOTM by a distance. 

Grew an inch taller every time he touched the ball in the 2nd half. Tremendous backing from the Hearts support which was great to see. Watched him closely at the final whistle and you could see he was emotional to receive that support. Other players clearly recognised that too. Should keep his place on Sunday regardless of injuries. 

Naisys Tackle

His best game as a Hearts player by a county mile.

Well deserved plaudits and man of the match tonight. 

Congratulations Toby.  Enjoy the plaudits that come your way. 

Shanks said no

Well done Toby and well done fellow hearts fans, brought a tear to my eye hearing Tynecastle rise in support of him

10 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Keep proving me and thousands of others wrong Toby, get it up me Toby siiiiiiiiiibick

🤣🤣 in the same boat here. 

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He came of age, what a second half performance! MOTM by a long way.

He'll come of age on sunday...or He'll be back to being keek.

Seriously impressed by him tonight.

Given the chance he'll grow into a decent player.

Showed he has what we knew he had.

Great performance and showed lots of energy and leadership at the back.

Well done Toby 

Absolutely delighted for him, and for us.

A colossus tonight, motm for me although Gino also ran him close.

Redemption recently for both of them who at various stages this year looked as though they may not have a future here.

Well done.

Once again the boo boys who regularly shout abuse at Sibbick have been shown up as a bunch of tossers.

Edited by OldGorgie

Bazzas right boot

Great tonight.

Good man magement by Bob to leave him out for a bit, despite being a bit light in defence and he seems to have come back at the right time.

tartofmidlothian
4 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

Well done Toby and well done fellow hearts fans, brought a tear to my eye hearing Tynecastle rise in support of him

Hearing the fans get behind him was one of the most stirring things I've heard at Tynecastle in recent years.

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )