Scottish rugby

Malinga the Swinga

Leaving aside the effect on Scotland today, I do think there is an improvement needed in TMO monitoring in real time. Panel suggested TMO didn't see this. A couple of clear knocks ons missed in other games.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leaving aside the effect on Scotland today, I do think there is an improvement needed in TMO monitoring in real time. Panel suggested TMO didn't see this. A couple of clear knocks ons missed in other games.

BBC Scotland have confirmed that incident was reviewed. The fact this wasn't a red card was an utter disgrace. Shameful that official can watch this and state 'no evidence it was head to head contact'.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Dusk_Till_Dawn
38 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I will reply without resorting to abuse unlike yourself

Nothing to do with red cards per se 

it’s about the referee having a pre determined view of which is the stronger team Scrums are the most obvious  England have slipped down the rankings so seen as inferior to the top three /four 

Oh aye mr ‘I’m guessing you’ve never watched or played the game before’ :lol:

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Oh aye mr ‘I’m guessing you’ve never watched or played the game before’ :lol:

Show me where I said that 

and when you can’t I guess you won’t be big enough to apologise 

I'm not going full-blown Malinga conspiracy, not for now, but that ref has got a thing against Scotland and, it would appear, for SA.

I get it. Refs can be influenced by reputation. SA are the world cup holders and a mighty impressive team with skillful players and a wee cheeky chappy scrummy with flowing blond locks.

Scotland have a history of stupid infringements that are penalised by all refs.

There may be something in any ref's subconscious that means that decisions are slightly weighted one way or the other. Most work hard to keep neutral but today's guy didn't.

What's pissed me off is that I didn't expect to win, and the final score was slightly better than I feared. But I'd have been happier being pumped worse by a SA team that didn't get a leg up from the officials. We ain't no Argentina; against 14 big, stinky Saffers, we might have been able to squeeze something out of that game.

Ah well, we've shown the Irish how to do it.

periodictabledancer
19 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm not going full-blown Malinga conspiracy, not for now, but that ref has got a thing against Scotland and, it would appear, for SA.

I get it. Refs can be influenced by reputation. SA are the world cup holders and a mighty impressive team with skillful players and a wee cheeky chappy scrummy with flowing blond locks.

There may be something in any ref's subconscious that means that decisions are slightly weighted one way or the other. Most work hard to keep neutral but today's guy didn't.

What's pissed me off is that I didn't expect to win, and the final score was slightly better than I feared. But I'd have been happier being pumped worse by a SA team that didn't get a leg up from the officials. We ain't no Argentina; against 14 big, stinky Saffers, we might have been able to squeeze something out of that game.

Agree with all of this.

Inconceivable the ref didn't see the head clash  and utterly impossible the TMO didn't think to review it. 

The legacy of the wrath of Rassie. 

**Rugby cliché alert**

Christ but Fiji are great to watch when they’re playing their own game. If they can keep away from set pieces that are traditionally problematic they are brilliant. 

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

We will get some wishy washy apology along with excuse why TMO didn't intervene but they did review it and saw no evidence it was foul play. 

Would we have done better against 14, maybe but we will never know.

periodictabledancer
Just now, Tazio said:

And that one came from a rock solid scrum proving at least part of my previous post is out of date. 

"they'll tire". 

:lol:

English commentator saying that Fiji are playing as well as they did against England; conveniently sidestepping the huge contributory factor that England were shite.

Mind you, so are Wales.

'Mon the Fiji!

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

English commentator saying that Fiji are playing as well as they did against England; conveniently sidestepping the huge contributory factor that England were shite.

Mind you, so are Wales.

'Mon the Fiji!

Please note, 21 minutes in and no complaints about refereeing.

The referees need to get a handle on teams using American football type tactics in the moments between a tackle and a ruck. There were 2 instances in the last few minutes of Welsh players going past their man with the ball and blocking/clearing Fiji players to stop them being involved in the tackle or influencing the ruck. 

Malinga the Swinga

This is like 7's rugby. Wales can't tackle and Fiji no discipline. 

The use of blockers becoming more prevalent though. SA first try was that exact situation. No way should there be a guy in front of try scorer in loose play but if the TV official couldn't spot a head on head tackle, no way they would spot blocking 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

Won’t it be great if Scotland qualify on Tuesday 

It would be but that's different sport

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

In something no one will be surprised at. Welsh players warned for too much chat to referee. 

Surely not! They could issue a warning for that before the game started 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That decision not to penalise the Welsh player was weird, didn’t use his arm at all 

Absolutely bizarre. As bizarre as the TMO saying immediately they only had one angle on it.

Malinga the Swinga

Thought ref could have played on at end there after Welsh knock on. Safe to say Wales & Fiji won't be winning this tournament. It's entertaining but poor standard

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That decision not to penalise the Welsh player was weird, didn’t use his arm at all 

Ref said guy moved ATM to tackle. I disagree but as TV officials only had 1 view, perhaps they should download ITV player to give them a hand.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Watching Wales and England, it’s like rugby’s old world clinging on. Both so limited. Both there to negate any fluent play rather than produce much of their own.

And once again, **** off Gareth Thomas you utter shithouse

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ref said guy moved ATM to tackle. I disagree but as TV officials only had 1 view, perhaps they should download ITV player to give them a hand.

a strange call. Looked pretty obvious 

37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Penalty try too. Big decision. Made it quickly too on one view.