• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Penalty try too. Big decision. Made it quickly too on one view. 

Perhaps you have answered the question. Didn't want to give penalty try and took the easy option to do nothing.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, leginten said:

Almost unbelievable that no card has been produced here.

Very lenient refereeing. They'll be given their final final last warning in a few infringements time.

Tried not to get involved in the big country vs smaller country officiating debate where my own team is concerned, but **** me this has been farcical.

Malinga the Swinga

That's referees for you. I won't say anymore as I get grief for criticising them. 

The evidence is there though for all to see.

periodictabledancer

Is there a clock that gets reset so that Wales can carry on committing pens inside their own 22 - as they commit yet another one and the ref doesn't allow Fiji to play any advantage. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like Wales are getting to start their multiple penalties again. 

Two more. 

And nearly every penalty they have conceded has been a “tactical” one in their own 22. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Tazio said:

And nearly every penalty they have conceded has been a “tactical” one in their own 22. 

Don't blame Wales. If referee hasn't the bottle to take appropriate action, then why should they change.

These refs aren't appointed by chance, it's certain refs for certain teams, all under the stewardship of Bill Beaumont. He needs support of the big countries to maintain his authority and he ain't giving that up without a fight.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Tazio said:

Fair to say Wales aren’t winning any friends with this game. 

Maybe not but they'll win the points and almost certainly get out group. That means their ranking goes up and draws will be more favourable.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't blame Wales. If referee hasn't the bottle to take appropriate action, then why should they change.

These refs aren't appointed by chance, it's certain refs for certain teams, all under the stewardship of Bill Beaumont. He needs support of the big countries to maintain his authority and he ain't giving that up without a fight.

I wasn’t commenting on referees. I was commenting on Welsh cynicism. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Tazio said:

I wasn’t commenting on referees. I was commenting on Welsh cynicism. 

Wales can't afford fast flowing game as they would almost certainly lose. They should have conceded penalty try at half time, they should have had at least three yellow cards but referee has allowed them to do as they want.

When they win, and they should hold on, the points are all that matter.

Malinga the Swinga

Try disallowed for double movement but we've seen these given in loads of games as placing ball allowed.

Looks like this result decided before game started. 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, leginten said:

Final warning to Wales that if they concede another six penalties, they might get another warning.

:lol:

True dat. 

Malinga the Swinga

Fiji have small chance but they should have 1 man advantage as a minimum. They should have had penalty try in first half.

Will be a sore one if they lose.

Malinga the Swinga

Pat on back for officials from Wales. Believe ref given man of match as without him, Fiji would have got deserved victory.

Massive difference that should ensure Wales get out of group and leave Fiji knocked out.

Amazing that people don't see referees as being bent in rugby, it is blindingly obvious.

Wales, England and South Africa ‘scheduled’ to win their games.   :rofl: 

Scotland lost because it ‘wasn’t scheduled’. :rofl: 

I mean, really?  :lol: 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Morgan said:

Wales, England and South Africa ‘scheduled’ to win their games.   :rofl: 

Scotland lost because it ‘wasn’t scheduled’. :rofl: 

I mean, really?  :lol: 

England win primarily because Argentina were shit. Referee didn't help though.

Scotland lost because SA better, although officials missed blatant red. 

Wales won because referee wouldn't sin bin Welsh players.

Nothing will change though because no-one in world rugby gives a **** about Fiji.

Only in a Wales Rugby match would their 4 minutes warning last 30 minutes.

If that was a Six Nations game, Wales have 3 players in the sin bin at the sametime. 

Fiji should rightly feel aggrieved.

As another poster said. No one gives a **** about Fiji.

6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

LOL. Listening to Warburton talking about Wales "keeping your shape and not coenceding penalties".

What game was he watching. 

17 penalties (Fiji 9)

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

LOL. Listening to Warburton talking about Wales "keeping your shape and not coenceding penalties".

What game was he watching. 

A game that Wales, however much it grates, have won. Authorities will simply pat ref on back and move on.

Tier 2 countries are distraction for world rugby. Look at countries like Chile. They have played 6 games, or at least I think it's 6 he's, outside of their own country against tier 1 countries in 97 years of having the sport. Scotland played them once but no countries will invite them as they would get share of cash and nobody wants that.

Everyone cheers teams like Fiji and Tonga but no effort made to grow their game and support them.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

17 penalties (Fiji 9)

Amazing penalty count for game that had 1 yellow card each.

Wales must have had record amount of last warnings.

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A game that Wales, however much it grates, have won. Authorities will simply pat ref on back and move on.

Tier 2 countries are distraction for world rugby. Look at countries like Chile. They have played 6 games, or at least I think it's 6 he's, outside of their own country against tier 1 countries in 97 years of having the sport. Scotland played them once but no countries will invite them as they would get share of cash and nobody wants that.

Everyone cheers teams like Fiji and Tonga but no effort made to grow their game and support them.

Indeed. Fiji has only played 15 internationals since the last world cup. 

ManxandCapeTownJambo

We were never going to beat the Boks

They are the best team out there

I just hoped we wouldn’t get hammered and lose confidence, not get any injuries and no suspensions and we did that 

Played pretty well for most of it too

Ireland also a tough one but if we still have our first choice 15 available and we play well we are in with a shout of qualification imo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

We were never going to beat the Boks

They are the best team out there

I just hoped we wouldn’t get hammered and lose confidence, not get any injuries and no suspensions and we did that 

Played pretty well for most of it too

Ireland also a tough one but if we still have our first choice 15 available and we play well we are in with a shout of qualification imo

It needs an out of your skin performance but it can be done. Much as the boks had virtually all of the game yesterday, Townsend was right about accuracy in key moments. It could have led to a couple of tries and out real pressure on