• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

periodictabledancer

Listening to BOD, saying they needed a slice of luck - how about a team that can scrum properly ? 

Some real weaknesses exposed in the Irish team tonight.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Listening to BOD, saying they needed a slice of luck - how about a team that can scrum properly ? 

Some real weaknesses exposed in the Irish team tonight.

I think Porter's cauliflower lugs stopped him hearing Barnes telling him 4 times why he was getting penalised. Or maybe he gets away with it every game and doesn't know how to drive straight

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think Porter's cauliflower lugs stopped him hearing Barnes telling him 4 times why he was getting penalised. Or maybe he gets away with it every game and doesn't know how to drive straight

Porter is a busy bollocks and an utter gobshite who thinks he’s a hard man but was soft as shite tonight 

Malinga the Swinga

No zombie being sung at ground but loads of them in pitch at the end of match, all wearing green.

Outclassed, outthought, out worked and out of world cup. Bye Ireland, hope your hurting.

That was the most exciting game I've seen in the tournament so far.  Well done to New Zealand, they were very, very good, IMO, and fully deserved the win.  Defences win tournaments, and theirs delivered while Ireland's didn't, and in the end I think the scoreline flattered to deceive a little - especially considering that the All Blacks spent a quarter of the game with 14 on the pitch.  There were also some areas where Ireland's play was below par, but I'd be wary of using that to take away from an impressive performance by New Zealand.  

:toasting: 

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No zombie being sung at ground but loads of them in pitch at the end of match, all wearing green.

Outclassed, outthought, out worked and out of world cup. Bye Ireland, hope your hurting.

🎵 In your head 🎵

🎵 In your head 🎵  

🎵 rent-free, rent-free🎵  

:laugh: 

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

🎵 In your head 🎵

🎵 In your head 🎵  

🎵 rent-free, rent-free🎵  

:laugh: 

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ireland to be fair had a tough draw.

26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Absolutely ludicrous that Nz, SA, France and Ireland all clumped together in the quarters. Shambles 

That draw was at least as unfair on Scotland, if not more so.  France in Paris for a QF might have been a tall order for Scotland, but under different circumstances you could have ended up with a QF against Argentina.  Or Wales.  Or England.  You'd fancy your chances with any of those.

I P Knightley
58 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

1998 France host the football World Cup having never won it. End up playing the most successful footballing country on earth in Brazil in the Stade de France Final. 

2023 France host the rugby World Cup having never won it. End up playing most successful rugby country on earth in NZ in Stade de France Final………..

😬

South Africa are equal with NZ on 3 RWCs, so I'd say equally successful. 

50 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Never ceases to amaze me. Playing top class sport is a ruthless business and Ireland played loyalty over dynamism and creativity. Murray and Sexton were finished 2 years ago but they kept getting another chance.

They've nobody to blame but themselves. Props who can't scrum, forwards who can't compete at break down and half backs that are slower than slow snails.

Chokers got to choke

Good analysis of where their players let them down but they had a good referee. 

I like Tadgh Beirne but he has an awful habit of laying on top of any ruck he sees. 

Porter would have been carded were he wearing any other shirt. 

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

South Africa are equal with NZ on 3 RWCs, so I'd say equally successful. 

Fair enough, I'd still say, like Brazil in football, NZ are the globally iconic team in their sport. 

NZ have also win 20 Tri-Nations / Rugby Championships to SA's 4 if trying to measure competitively.

N Lincs Jambo

Fantastic game of rugby tonight. In fairness it took a really class team to expose the Irish weaknesses. Just a shame we couldn’t do it last weekend until we were 5 tries to nil down. Anyway out of all the teams left in who have a genuinely realistic chance of winning the tournament, c’mon the All Blacks

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Fair enough, I'd still say, like Brazil in football, NZ are the globally iconic team in their sport. 

NZ have also win 20 Tri-Nations / Rugby Championships to SA's 4 if trying to measure competitively.

I wasn't trying to be an arse, that just comes naturally. Just pointing out that France have to go through both of the most successful teams if they're to pull it off. 

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I wasn't trying to be an arse, that just comes naturally. Just pointing out that France have to go through both of the most successful teams if they're to pull it off. 

If France don't win it then someone has to get to four, n’est-ce pas?

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

If France don't win it then someone has to get to four, n’est-ce pas?

Certainment, mon brave. Ongh haw hee haw hee haw.

periodictabledancer

On a side note , did anyone watch the itv documentary after the game last night about the England world cup winners training up a bunch of lard arse prisoners to take on a prison officer XI ?

Definitely worth a watch.

As for Ireland's performance last night - BOD bemoaning the lack of luck Ireland were going to need to win the game/world cup : did I miss the bit where NZ only had a full team on the pitch for 60 minutes ? 

This might be childish but I’m really looking forward to see that monster of a number 8 Fiji have being launched at Farrell. He’s been one of the most entertaining players of the WC so far. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

This might be childish but I’m really looking forward to see that monster of a number 8 Fiji have being launched at Farrell. He’s been one of the most entertaining players of the WC so far. 

He's an absolute unit.

Farrell is an absolute ****

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

hopefully he doesn't injure farrell as with him on the pitch england are a worse side.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Is that the Edinburgh player, Mata?

Edit: Not watching the game, but just checked the line-ups and it is

Edited by PortyJambo

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Fiji look clueless.

That’s when they are dangerous. Bit of a cliché but it’s how they play when they have the ball.