• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Not even a yellow for me.

Or me but I'm just thinking how these cheats reviewing it will see it.

I mean, I'd have been giving the boy a high five for smacking into the England wonderboy. 😁

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd say there's not a lot between them.

Unfortunately there's 11 points between them.

Fiji have been pretty poor. They've been outmuscled and out thought so far.

Just now, Bauld said:

England are a bit cleaner but on the whole I'd say they were close.

Just now, Bauld said:

2 easy missed kicks. Fiji are naive at times, England good at the breakdown and have targeted it.

Horatio Caine

England nowhere near as good as either Wales or Ireland but will probably end up being semi finalists. Then we'll have to listen to all the crap from the media.

Edited by Horatio Caine

periodictabledancer

As a definite non expert on the rules of the game can someone clarify - what is the penalty for :

deliberate tripping an opponent (always a yellow ?) 

deliberate knock on (yellow- minimum ?) 

Edited by periodictabledancer

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

As a definite non expert on the rules of the game can someone clarify - what is the penalty for :

It seems to be down to the ref's discretion despite what the law says.

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

England nowhere near as good as either Wales or Ireland but will probably end up being semi finalists. Then we'll have to listen to all the crap from the media.

England aren't as good as Scotland. Unfortunately we had Ireland and South Africa in our group. Personal opinion I think if we were in any other group we'd have progressed to the quarters.

5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Should be a yellow for both, but "deliberate" is the part that's subjective and depends on what the referee thinks/see...and what team it's against.

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Loving the collective media orgasm at the might of England smashing Fiji.

England structured, Fiji not! They're naive. 

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Should be a yellow for both, but "deliberate" is the part that's subjective and depends on what the referee thinks/see...and what team it's against.

👍

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

England aren't as good as Scotland. Unfortunately we had Ireland and South Africa in our group. Personal opinion I think if we were in any other group we'd have progressed to the quarters.

NZ exposed Ireland. They used the gaps over the top which other teams didn't do. As a side note that Porter isn't a rugby player, he's like those guys that look drunk playing that shite gaelic football 🤣

Horatio Caine
25 minutes ago, Bauld said:

England been unbelievably lucky with the draw. Scotland exact opposite! Bloody typical.

I P Knightley
28 minutes ago, Bauld said:

A decent draw would have had:

France, New Zealand, Ireland & South Africa as 1st seeds in each of the four pools.

Scotland, Fiji, Argentina and one of the weaker teams (Wales, England or Australia) as 2nd seeds.

We might have had one of those weaker teams joining our pool to make it interesting.

19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

NZ exposed Ireland. They used the gaps over the top which other teams didn't do. As a side note that Porter isn't a rugby player, he's like those guys that look drunk playing that shite gaelic football 🤣

Porter wouldn't last 10 minutes on a Gaelic Football field. Prop forward suits him but it would appear that he shouldn't be playing it at the top level until he learns to scrummage straight.

Fiji haven't got it together today, which is a shame in many ways. It gives the ITV commentators the chance to come out with praise for the English defence when Fiji give away a penalty for runners crossing each other. I'd love to know what the defensive coaching drill is that makes that happen!