• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Marcus Smith isn’t going to forget this game. 

He thinks he's Terry Butcher now. 

Or Terry, the butcher.

:lol:

Just now, Tazio said:

Those two penalties that hit the post could be the difference here. 

If the 2nd one didn't hit the post then they wouldn't have got that try there. 

Did the conversion go in off the post too?! 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, leginten said:

How the **** is that not a yellow?

It should have been, no question. Fiji's last kick to touch from the pen was hopeless though ☹️

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The last Fiji pen, the ref was warning the boy about the clock, yet he has let Farrell run down the clock on every pen.  

To be fair, the ref was reminding the Fijian that the clock was ticking down whilst Farrell was making sure to use up as much of his allowed time as possible.

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, leginten said:

How the **** is that not a yellow?

Penalty only or with yellow is at ref's discretion. If the deliberate knock-on broke up an attacking opportunity, it would have been hard to keep Farrell on the pitch.

As it was, the fact that the ball wasn't going to reach the guy on the wing gave the ref the excuse to say that he hadn't broken up a clear attack.

Basically, the ref didn't want to send Farrell off.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Penalty only or with yellow is at ref's discretion. If the deliberate knock-on broke up an attacking opportunity, it would have been hard to keep Farrell on the pitch.

As it was, the fact that the ball wasn't going to reach the guy on the wing gave the ref the excuse to say that he hadn't broken up a clear attack.

Basically, the ref didn't want to send Farrell off.

We all know that a yellow would have been shown if it had been other way round. 

Still, I can't this England team getting close to south Africa or France but that remains to be seen next week.

2 dross quarter finals and 2 good one do far. Tonight should be epic clash.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

And somehow their fans manage to get more wanky no matter the sport. 

https://x.com/goodbadrugby/status/1713589401194811467?s=61&t=1VODt4ofNc2rX-OOq_OUFw

Trust the English! A more arrogant, self entitled nation I've yet to meet and I've travelled all over this planet! Farage, Sunak and Sevco fans will be proud!

periodictabledancer

Reminds me of the time I went to Twickers for the grand final (or whatever it's called) about ten years ago.  Genuinely never seen so many arseholes in all my life. 

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Fiji are a good team but tonight they weren't on it.

They made a mountain of mistakes. 

Agreed. Fiji were really poor. Disastrous kicking game and a half-time team talk which must have consisted of someone telling them just to do whatever they felt like.

Meanwhile Woodward is creaming himself about the outcome and saying England will not fear France or South Africa in the wake of this magnificent result…

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

Agreed. Fiji were really poor. Disastrous kicking game and a half-time team talk which must have consisted of someone telling them just to do whatever they felt like.

Meanwhile Woodward is creaming himself about the outcome and saying England will not fear France or South Africa in the wake of this magnificent result…

Let's see if he's still saying that when either France or South Africa take 30 or 40 pts of them next week.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, leginten said:

:rofl:

England have absolutely frauded it to this stage. This will go down as the worst World Cup there’s ever been, laughably structured 

periodictabledancer
8 minutes ago, leginten said:

You have to love the sheer hubris : it really needed one of them to screw the nut say , "aye, OK, job done but we'll have to be WAY better than that".

They're celebrating a place in the semis like they can't believe they've managed it - and they haven't played one decent team along the way. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Trust the English! A more arrogant, self entitled nation I've yet to meet and I've travelled all over this planet! Farage, Sunak and Sevco fans will be proud!

Keep your political shite out of the thread ffs.

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Looking forward to tonight’s game, hopefully it lives up to its potential and they don’t cancel each other out. 

It's got the potential ti be as good as the Ireland Kiwis game.

15 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Keep your political shite out of the thread ffs.

Not political. What are you on about?