Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Best team lost.

Best running team, but the South African team just have so much power. They really turned it up in last 15 minutes when their giants just kept powering on.

Hopefully they will overwhelm England next Saturday 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Best running team, but the South African team just have so much power. They really turned it up in last 15 minutes when their giants just kept powering on.

Hopefully they will overwhelm England next Saturday 

3 tries were quite lucky!

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Some game that.

England should just give them a bye and spare the humiliation 

🤣

It’s been said a thousand times but it’s a tragedy that the stupid seedlng meant that two of the quarters involved the best teams against each other. 

Edited by Tazio

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

3 tries were quite lucky!

Maybe but if they repeat that next week, don't think we will be complaining. No idea how you stop these guys when they're charging at line.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If there’s a lesson for the bellends who run rugby, this and NZ v Ireland need to be the semi-finals. You can’t fix it, obviously, but this as a quarter final is laughable 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Some game that.

they'll probably win just to confound us 😞 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Some game that.

I wouldn’t bank on that, TMT.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

they'll probably win just to confound us 😞 

If England wind up in the final then you can write this off as the worst World Cup they’ve ever staged 

Malinga the Swinga

Snymen and Etzebeth are just monstrous. They could easily have been blown away but they just dug in and got stronger and stronger.

New Zealand v South Africa will be final, unless red card is brought out.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe but if they repeat that next week, don't think we will be complaining. No idea how you stop these guys when they're charging at line.

That big gingernut is murder. Hope he doesn't play next week!

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Great game to watch but so glad I played rugby when players were normal size

I watched an U18 game in Saturday, and even at that age the boys were bloody huge.

willie wallace

🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦

What a weekend of rugby.

Maybe football managers who complain about their players being tired should have a wee look.

New Town Loafer
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Snymen and Etzebeth are just monstrous.

Absolute specimens. Scary.

periodictabledancer

Grudging admiration for the Boks : to do that , to the home nation , under incessant pressure from the first minute.

That's the hallmark of winners.

If they win it (and they will) , they're the GOAT, IMO.

Can't wait for the next game. 

42 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Great game to watch but so glad I played rugby when players were normal size

Kind of turning into American football 

the big boys just grind it out in the end

The White Cockade

incredible game and France so unlucky but the Boks are a machine and know how to win games 

Awesome try by big Eben Etzebeth

Should easily beat the English but that 80 minutes must take a lot out of them 

Hopefully Kolbe and Arendse run riot next week they are brilliant to watch 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Some game that.

My tactic, if I were Steve Borthwick, would be to rock up to the stadium in Marseille shouting, "C'mon then! Where are yeez??!"

Followed by, "Paris? Whatcha mean, Paris? We were told Marseille!"

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

It’s been said a thousand times but it’s a tragedy that the stupid seedlng meant that two of the quarters involved the best teams against each other. 

Yep - we've watched two matches which could easily have been finals and two matches that were pish. Watching my son's school play a 1st XV match yesterday morning was as enjoyable as either of the two crap QFs, albeit I had a bit of a vested interest :D

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If there’s a lesson for the bellends who run rugby, this and NZ v Ireland need to be the semi-finals. You can’t fix it, obviously, but this as a quarter final is laughable 

Beaumy Billmont, at the head of World Rugby, might have been able to have a word but the draw suited his England, so why would he?

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You mean one of the best props in the world? 

Kitsoff committed an unusual number of infringements and gave away a fair number of penalties. He was treading a fine line and could easily have spent time in the bin for his repeated transgressions. The wee fella who replaced him was more effective.

jack D and coke

That charged down conversion by springbok boy potentially clinched it. 

I love the desire the southern hemisphere teams have.
We can’t match it. 

Bodies on the line you can’t help but admire it. 
All Blacks and South Africa will always beat our teams when the chips are down. 

periodictabledancer
37 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

My tactic, if I were Steve Borthwick, would be to rock up to the stadium in Marseille shouting, "C'mon then! Where are yeez??!"

Followed by, "Paris? Whatcha mean, Paris? We were told Marseille!"

Yep - we've watched two matches which could easily have been finals and two matches that were pish. Watching my son's school play a 1st XV match yesterday morning was as enjoyable as either of the two crap QFs, albeit I had a bit of a vested interest :D

Beaumy Billmont, at the head of World Rugby, might have been able to have a word but the draw suited his England, so why would he?

Kitsoff committed an unusual number of infringements and gave away a fair number of penalties. He was treading a fine line and could easily have spent time in the bin for his repeated transgressions. The wee fella who replaced him was more effective.

That bit about Kitsoff - he was substituted immediately he committed his fifth penalty at the breakdown . I think even his own people knew he was a  yellow card waiting to happen - although the ref didn't seem too bothered. 

38 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I love the desire the southern hemisphere teams have.
We can’t match it. 

Bodies on the line you can’t help but admire it. 
All Blacks and South Africa will always beat our teams when the chips are down. 

Indeed.  The semis have three Southern hemisphere teams. 

Also - I dunno if this is more insulting to the Scots, the Irish, the Welsh, or the French - but  the fourth team in the semis is the only Northern Hemisphere team ever to have won it.  :whistling: 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Indeed.  The semis have three Southern hemisphere teams. 

Also - I dunno if this is more insulting to the Scots, the Irish, the Welsh, or the French - but  the fourth team in the semis is the only Northern Hemisphere team ever to have won it.  :whistling: 

As bad as England are (just now) they at least have the mentality to do it. 

Malinga the Swinga

I see Fiji are complaining about referees having unconscious bias against tier 2 teams.

I have to disagree.

Referees have, imo, a completely conscious and deliberate bias against tier 2 teams.

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

They could have taken that to TMO. Kolbe was a couple of paces into his run before Ramos had started his run up to kick. It's real fine lines and a charged down conversion happens so rarely, I wonder whether refs are looking. 

I have a great video clip of Knightley Minor preparing for a conversion attempt. He's just steadying himself when he sees an oppo goon running out. He turns to the ref, saying something like "Do you see this happening" while the goon kicks the ball off the tee. At the retake, he's starting his run-up; sees the lad charging again; stops and says to the ref, "didn't you remind them that they're not allowed to charge on a retake?" The ref was bamboozled but it's in the laws of the game. If you do a "foul" charge down, you're not allowed to attempt a charge down on the second attempt. 

10 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

That bit about Kitsoff - he was substituted immediately he committed his fifth penalty at the breakdown . I think even his own people knew he was a  yellow card waiting to happen - although the ref didn't seem too bothered. 

Minor and I formed a theory during the game that O'Keefe doesn't like reffing the scrum. The number of knock-ons and forward passes that he let go (interpreting that the knock on had gone backwards) without appearing to be favouring one side over the other, suggested that he just couldn't be arsed with getting a decent scrum working. 

I must admit, I'd hate to do it. Unless it's as blatant as Andrew Porter shoving at 90 degrees, I feel it's impossible to work out who's done what when a scrum goes awry. 

That said, it seemed to me that Kitsoff was transgressing everywhere on the park except in the set scrum so O'Keefe's leniency does seem unusual. 

England coach: "So here's the plan...Essentially it is the same one as last week, and indeed the last 30 years. What we'll do against South Africa is keep it tight, play the game with Numbers 1-8 until we get 3 scores ahead and then, maybe, we'll release the backs. Sound good?"

England squad: "Ummmmm..."

England captain Farrell: "Can I go pee-pee?"

Edited by Spellczech

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

England coach: "So here's the plan...Essentially it is the same one as last week, and indeed the last 30 years. What we'll do against South Africa is keep it tight, play the game with Numbers 1-8 until we get 3 scores ahead and then, maybe, we'll release the backs. Sound good?"

England squad: "Ummmmm..."

England captain Farrell: "Can I go pee-pee?"

This is astonishingly low-quality patter.