• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

alicante jambo

No sure how this will pan out. Hoping for a 2-1 hearts victory with humphries causing all sorts of problems for them. Gordon to produce brilliant saves and the fans to roar the team on till the end. To cap it off robbie and the boys to come ovrer and give us a wee round of applause.

Really hard with four defenders out. 

Gordon

Sibbick

Neilson

Kingsley

Smith (if recovered) If not, try Forrest at wing back?

Kio

Haring

Cochrane

Snodgrass

McKay

Humphrys 

Am I right in thinking Pollock used to be a fullback but is not considered one anymore? If so, anyone know why?

Just trying to figure out options at RB. 

11 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Still Game for the SPFL (@StillGame_SPFL) / Twitter

This will be the score; it is an omen. This is the episode featuring the late and great Robbie Coltrane. RIP.

Ha ha, going for a draw.

We lost there last season 2-1. However  , I'm going for 2-1 Hearts this time. I was going to say 2-0 but Aberdeen are likely to get a few corners.

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

If anyone needs to know.

Doesn't seem particularly helpful... 👀

Screenshot_20221015_101439.jpg

Was away to ask. Is there no way to buy tickets at Pittodrie? 

IveSeenTheLight

It’ll be a tight game.

I’m not expecting Don Robertson to have a good game.

with you having travelled in Europe, I’m hoping we squeeze it 2-1

Aberdeen have won heavily at home when the opposition are down to ten early doors, while we have been chalking up the red cards this season. 

keep 11 on the park and we will have half a chance of getting a result imo.

15 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

If we play 2 left backs as our centre back pairing again, then 2(possibly 3)-1 to Aberdeen.

If we play kingsley at LCB and either Harring, Neilson or Sibbick, then 1-0/2-1 to us at a ground that is normally tough to go and get points from!

Totally agree with this. Playing people out of position to somehow keep them in the starting lineup isn’t working. 

No more left backs at centre back. No more centre backs at right back. 

IMO the only time this works in defence is left back to right back and vice versa. It’s the same job but on the opposite side. Playing a full back at centre half is like playing Gordon as a lone striker.

Keep it simple, do it well…

Win, lose or draw I think this games not going to be for the faint hearted, a ripsnorter with a packed house.

Think Aberdeen will hit the ground running and come at us early doors, switching back to front, and theyve got a master tactician at the helm though Ive never liked McCinnes ,We'll need to keep tight particularly at cross balls.

Hoping Robbie parks the bus  and gets to the 20 min stage still at 0/0. If we can hold on til then theres a good chance we'll do okay, its a game of 2 halves things can change quicker than the north easterly breeze.

We only need one more goal than them to win, but though they've some top, top players we have the big game experience and desire and hunger from a magnificent 45 mins in Florence.

Playing for the shirt like last weekend at Killie is a must, no half measures!

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Win, lose or draw I think this games not going to be for the faint hearted, a ripsnorter with a packed house.

Think Aberdeen will hit the ground running and come at us early doors, switching back to front, and theyve got a master tactician at the helm though Ive never liked McCinnes ,We'll need to keep tight particularly at cross balls.

Hoping Robbie parks the bus  and gets to the 20 min stage still at 0/0. If we can hold on til then theres a good chance we'll do okay, its a game of 2 halves things can change quicker than the north easterly breeze.

We only need one more goal than them to win, but though they've some top, top players we have the big game experience and desire and hunger from a magnificent 45 mins in Florence.

He back at Dons already?  And changed his name spelling?  Wow.

12 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We have to win, or we are in trouble of getting cut adrift already in the league, no excuses must get 3 points.

3-1 hearts, Humphrys x 2 shankland x1, miovski for the sheep.

Miovski? Mibbies Aye, mibbies naw.

See also the start & 1:20 of this:-

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12716035/dundee-united-4-0-aberdeen-scottish-premiership-highlights

Edited by Wee Mikey

Thunder and Lightning
17 hours ago, feedthefox said:

For the life of me I can’t get the “leave McKay out” bit. Easily the most creative player we have even on one of his off days. Don’t care if he doesn’t shine against big teams as long as he does v the rest that’s good enough for me. If he shined against the big teams he wouldn’t be at Hearts. 

Because recently he had been like a man down.  His off days are starting to outnumber his on days. 

As it stands (it's half time on Saturday and h1b5 are 3:0 down to smeltic) a sneaky win by one goal tomorrow and we will be 3rd in the league again. 

You may call me a dreamer 🎵

1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

As it stands (it's half time on Saturday and h1b5 are 3:0 down to smeltic) a sneaky win by one goal tomorrow and we will be 3rd in the league again. 

You may call me a dreamer 🎵

This is what I thought too. A win tomorrow and we're third. We've had a s**t run of games recently with league performances being far from convincing. A win tomorrow and a win on Thursday against RFS would be a great start to trying to build on something for the rest of the season. It starts tomorrow......

1 hour ago, TayJamTart said:

Really important that Hearts get at least a draw here tomorrow. Problem is lack of established goal scorers. 

I think Humphrys is starting to look like a goal scoring threat; much more so than Shankland. 

Really hope that Humphrys starts tomorrow and FFS Robbie Nielson, please do something different in defence - it isn't working. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

This is what I thought too. A win tomorrow and we're third. We've had a s**t run of games recently with league performances being far from convincing. A win tomorrow and a win on Thursday against RFS would be a great start to trying to build on something for the rest of the season. It starts tomorrow......

RFS is a week on Thursday

23 hours ago, OTT said:

Team selection is becoming a bit a nightmare. I'd maybe go for:

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Neilson Kingsley

Devlin Kio

Forrest Snodgrass C.Smith

Humphrys

I really liked what I saw of Conor Smith and I think having someone like Snodgrass in with him will help coach him through the game. Think Barrie needs a break, and Shankland doesn't bring enough movement. Humphrys confidence should be sky high too. 

Think at CB we just need to go square pegs and square holes. Sibbick did well at RB and Haring has done well at CB. We're going to be fragile at the back regardless, but this means we'll at least have some physicality and aren't going to be pushed over. 

Devlin suspended

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gordon 

Cochrane

Kingsley

Haring

Neilson

Sibbick

Grant

Kio

Smith

Humphrys

Snodgrass

It’s pretty close to the best we can do. Would play smith in a midfield but I’m splitting hairs. No talented, inconsistent passengers in that side. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gordon 

Cochrane

Kingsley

Haring

Neilson

Sibbick

Grant

Kio

Smith

Humphrys

Snodgrass

Totally inadequate midfield

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Totally inadequate midfield

Stick Snodgrass in there and leave two upfront. Edit. Smith I meant 

Edited by GinRummy

I would like to see Craig Gordon given a break, lots of games for Scotland and Hearts and a new born at home looks to be taking its toll on him. The big man is outstanding but just looks like he could do with a rest, Clarke is good deputy to have and the big man can return next week feeling fresh for the visit of Celtic.

3 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Was going to predict a Hearts win, but then saw Don Robertson was the ref. Death by a thousand cuts.

That’s all we need! 🙈

I just don’t expect us to take anything from any game atm.

At some point Neilson has to understand the defence needs more bodies in there to try and plug the massive gaps. 

I’d get Smith in the middle of Neilson and Kingsley and put Sibbick and Cochrane to FB. 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I just don’t expect us to take anything from any game atm.

At some point Neilson has to understand the defence needs more bodies in there to try and plug the massive gaps. 

I’d get Smith in the middle of Neilson and Kingsley and put Sibbick and Cochrane to FB. 

To be fair Neilson has tried to put out positive line-ups 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

To be fair Neilson has tried to put out positive line-ups 🤷‍♂️

And pretty much ignored the massive defensive frailties. 

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

And pretty much ignored the massive defensive frailties. 

Correct. Teams have been walking through our midfield since last season and we had the players in defence to cope with it then. 

Our wide players have been bystanders recently yet he still insists on starting with two against sides who predictably are on top of our defence from the starting whistle. 

Edited by GinRummy

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

We’re going third tomorrow. 

Hope your right pal. Im looking forward to this. No been at pittodrie for years so fingers crossed for a win

4 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Put the crayons down, your nurse is coming 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s pretty close to the best we can do. Would play smith in a midfield but I’m splitting hairs. No talented, inconsistent passengers in that side. 

I think he and Snodgrass were play narrow anyway so would give us a bit of solidity all over. 
You can rarely call his team beforehand anyway so let’s wait and see what he comes up with. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he and Snodgrass were play narrow anyway so would give us a bit of solidity all over. 
You can rarely call his team beforehand anyway so let’s wait and see what he comes up with. 

True enough. Two centre mids and two wide players who will do nothing all game is my guess. Hopefully not. 

Being positive, Snodgrass looked decent against Killie. 

Shooter McGavin

I wouldn’t say this one is an absolute must win, but **** me it’ll be a big 3 points if we go about our business correctly.

A point would be a fairly decent result too.

We'll struggle in defence, no doubt about that.

Was great to see Humphrys charging around the other night.

Could Shanks do the Boyce roll, holding the ball up and laying it off, he's got the build. I'd try both on the pitch.

Can't see us keeping a zero scoreline so goals is a must or we get beat imo.

BRAVEHEART1874

Both defences poor, we have injuries f knows what there excuse is ;)

Motherwell scored 3 there,  we can score , need kio, forest, mckay to perfom though for a 2-1 win :)

Better Hearts teams have gone there and lost.

Worse Hearts teams have gone there and won.

Could go either way. If it's a tight game but we come out on the losing side I'll be gutted but it isn't going to make or break the season.

Here's hoping we can do the job and get the 3 points though.