*** Official Aberdeen fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Dundee Utd hammered them. They're not a good side and I expect a win. Key game, a win puts the side back into 3rd with a game in hand over hubz.

Who also can't win against a full 11.

Think we need to score 1st to do so. Doubt we can pull another Killie out the bag so soon.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I think some apprehension is always likely after let's say some patchy results. But even they think Hearts are the better side. Or at least their fans do judging from their forum. I don't know what their management think.

I think its reasonable to assume they will come at us from the off and hope to ping decent deliveries in and load the box at speed looking for free headers. I know i would.

If we can stop that, and we seem unable to currently, then we can grow into game.

For this reason, back 4, Cohrane dropped from starting 11 for me.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
46 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Play Sibbick holding midfield

Could happen and worth a shot soon, may not be today though.

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

STFY

Injuries don't affect the fit  players ability to do the basics,even Robbie has alluded to it in his pressers although I accept  we are missing some quality .

11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Really cant call this line up today. Atkinson being out will steer us a bit. I can see a back 4 but not sure who the CBs will be. Any CB options remain lightweight and risk laden.

We will concede in my opinion. Hope to outgun them at other end to win.

Smith Sibbick Kingsley Alex

If Smith is fit.

Sibbick Neilson Kingsley Alex if he isn't, Don't want to see the  ?  Kingsley Alex Halliday combination ever again .

Ford Prentice

With Devlin out I'd like to see Connor Smith get a game. Before he went out on loan he looked like a McEneff type player but since he's come back reminds me more of Devlin, maybe he's modelling his game on him. Has the drive and hunger anyway that I haven't seen so far in Grant and Kio.

0-0 written all over this one I feel. Both teams (you’d think) will have been working on defence. But with a Thursday game in Europe, they’ve had longer on the training pitch. So maybe 1-0 to them with Miovski scoring a penalty or something.

If we can burgle a win and somehow find us third despite the injury list, it will be phenomenal.

I think it will be tough though with a makeshift back 4 again. Having Neilson back available should help

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Smith Sibbick Kingsley Alex

If Smith is fit.

Sibbick Neilson Kingsley Alex if he isn't, Don't want to see the  ?  Kingsley Alex Halliday combination ever again .

Think Cochrane needs taken out of firing line today. Maybe a little scarred from recent events and backs off too much when his confidence is down.

No place for Neilson?

Can see mgmt plumping for Sibbick on right of back 4, or even RWB if Haring goes to CB.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

0-0 written all over this one I feel. Both teams (you’d think) will have been working on defence. But with a Thursday game in Europe, they’ve had longer on the training pitch. So maybe 1-0 to them with Miovski scoring a penalty or something.

A clean sheet for us 😂 you must be kidding on 

Montague H Withnail

We've got players well capable of sticking the ball in the net, Snodgrass' defence splitting passes should be the difference as he gets more matches under his belt...     0-4 (Hope I'm right)

Aberdeen are shite as well right now. They’ve also had a helping hand from refs this season. 

Just play as many of the staring 11 in their strongest positions. If Smith can play it’ll be a huge boost.

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Haring Kingsley 

Kio Snodgrass 

Humphrys Grant McKay

Shanklnd

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
10 hours ago, EIEIO said:

We beat Motherwell away and drew with Killie away  man up FFS. 2-1 Hearts.

Cheers for the update Jeff. What the F has the Motherwell and killie games got to do with this game Einstein? 

🤡

4 hours ago, Rods said:

2-0 defeat for me. Sadly we rarely do well at pittodrie. 

It'll be a tough one. Both sides with something to prove after heavy defeats. I just hope our defence can dig in and show a bit of steel. 

Playing 2 wingers and only 2 midfielder's hasn't been great.Would like to see either a 3 or 4 midfield.Also think playing 2 up front,shanks and Humphrey would cause any team problems rather than have 2 wide men who are often isolated 

I think we will win . Our players have been toiling against top class players in Florence and the gap is pretty obvious . Now we are playing Aberdeen up at their place and we are up against weaker players than we were mid week . Aberdeen will attack us because they are the home team , and I think we will exploit the chances that gives us . Our players will not struggle against Aberdeens players they way they have against Fiorentinas 

A morale boosting win

Fingers crossed we are organised and up for it today.

90 minutes for us please Hearts instead of 45.

Win the midfield, win the game.

I know we’re struggling at the back but Kio, Haring, McKay, Shankland and the likes need to make sure they do more to take the pressure off the defense and keep them on the back foot, we’re hanging the back line out to dry because the midfield aren’t at the races.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Nik5122 said:

Playing 2 wingers and only 2 midfielder's hasn't been great.Would like to see either a 3 or 4 midfield.Also think playing 2 up front,shanks and Humphrey would cause any team problems rather than have 2 wide men who are often isolated 

The management don’t agree, they rarely play 3 in midfield strangely enough. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Play Sibbick holding midfield

That might well be the solution but the management don’t agree and he’s needed at the back today. 

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I know we’re struggling at the back but Kio, Haring, McKay, Shankland and the likes need to make sure they do more to take the pressure off the defense and keep them on the back foot, we’re hanging the back line out to dry because the midfield aren’t at the races.

Totally agree. I think it was the midfield that weren't at the races first half in Florence. Obviously, having a weaker defence doesn't help deal with that but the midfield need to step up. 

I assume Snodgrass will be back in the middle today as he was good at Killie.

28 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Cheers for the update Jeff. What the F has the Motherwell and killie games got to do with this game Einstein? 

🤡

Maybe the fact that we can get results away from home and have done in out last 2 league games 

2DBB5FB4-EEAD-42A5-98AD-445F45B79E00.thumb.jpeg.a480dd96829055d23a2c96cf8943ef7c.jpeg

:( 

I’d go with

Gordon

Smith Nielson Kingsley Cochrane 

Devlin Snodgrass Kio

Humphrys Shankland McKay 

Edited by King prawn

I make it we haven’t won at Pittodrie since 2016 when Dauda scored - that needs changing if that’s correct 

And before that 2013. Twice in 10 years - geez 

Edited by King prawn

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

2DBB5FB4-EEAD-42A5-98AD-445F45B79E00.thumb.jpeg.a480dd96829055d23a2c96cf8943ef7c.jpeg

I’d go with

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass Kio

Humphrys Shankland McKay 

Smith is out. Hasn’t travelled. Assuming you mean Michael

11 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Got to play Haring at CB possibly along with Sibbick. I would play Kingsley at LB.  It would be harsh to drop Cochrane but we really have to stick with a back 4.  Aberdeen are overrated by some and only had good wins when playing against 10 men. Would be happy with a draw here though.

Agree but think we could easily get away with playing Cochrane at LM with Kingsley at LB. I don't believe we have a left footed winger so would be quite happy to see Cochrane there pinging crosses in like when we played Zurich! Play Forrest or McKay as RM with Snodgrass as the 10. If Devlin is still suspended, then I suppose Grant and Kio will be our midfield pairing. 

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Neilson Kingsley

Grant Kio

McKay Snodgrass Cochrane

Humphrys

Still have Halliday as a sub for either Grant, Kio, Kinglsey or Cochrane. Could even play Halliday over Grant tbh.. 

47 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

🤡

Those are both grounds where we have had little success in recent years, a bit like Pittodrie?

13 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’d go with

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass Kio

Humphrys Shankland McKay 

Sibbick done not too bad the other night. Might be worth a try. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Those are both grounds where we have had little success in recent years, a bit like Pittodrie?

Man up bro 😘

The Mercer Takeover

Expecting to win this quite comfortably.

United absolutely pumped them last week and Aberdeen really did not look a good side.

Much depends on the Neilson plan, if there ever is such a thing.

0-2 Mckay double 

The Mighty Thor

Depends what Bob's formation randomiser throws up.

I think a draw would be a reasonable outcome but hope springs eternal for an away win. 

Would like to see Sibbick today. Had a good spell out of the firing line, was solid on Thursday night and should bring a freshness in. Guy has legs.

(but probably not at centre half though!)

Edited by liam11

1 minute ago, liam11 said:

Would like to see Sibbick today. Had a good spell out of the firing line, was solid on Thursday night and should bring a freshness in. Guy has legs.

(but probably not at centre half though!)

I think so too. 

The laddies form went and then his confidence followed. He's had a good showing against a quality Serie A side, I think he's earned a start at RB and hopefully it will do his confidence the world of good. 

We_are_the_Hearts
20 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’d go with

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass Kio

Humphrys Shankland McKay 

Devlin suspended, Smith injured

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agree but think we could easily get away with playing Cochrane at LM with Kingsley at LB. I don't believe we have a left footed winger so would be quite happy to see Cochrane there pinging crosses in like when we played Zurich! Play Forrest or McKay as RM with Snodgrass as the 10. If Devlin is still suspended, then I suppose Grant and Kio will be our midfield pairing. 

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Neilson Kingsley

Grant Kio

McKay Snodgrass Cochrane

Humphrys

Still have Halliday as a sub for either Grant, Kio, Kinglsey or Cochrane. Could even play Halliday over Grant tbh.. 

Cochrane was at LB when we played Zurich and it was cross field balls not crosses that caused them problems, he can’t cross to save himself making it pointless to play him LW. Brighton moved him from midfield for a reason, you have to think he’s been tried at LW as a youngster.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Depends what Bob's formation randomiser throws up.

I think a draw would be a reasonable outcome but hope springs eternal for an away win. 

Is that where the Tombola that used to come out at HT went 😆

13 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Expecting to win this quite comfortably.

United absolutely pumped them last week and Aberdeen really did not look a good side.

Much depends on the Neilson plan, if there ever is such a thing.

0-2 Mckay double 

United beat them easily, that will be on their minds.

32 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’d go with

Gordon

Devlin Snodgrass Kio

Humphrys Shankland McKay 

If only that was the case for Beni, Hearts recently reported that his recovery is not going as well as hoped for, it will be next year before we see Beni again and even then it will take him a while to get back up to speed. 

1 hour ago, Nik5122 said:

This in spades. Our wingers aren’t good enough and the only one who is is off form. 442 or 4312 and batter them from the off. 

21 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Indeed.

41 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Maybe the fact that we can get results away from home and have done in out last 2 league games 

Seemed obvious to me.

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

Normally we can’t win a one ticket raffle away from home, let’s hope today is the start of the turn around.

Could it be that the 'turnaround' is already underway during trying circumstances?