*** Official Aberdeen fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

All roads lead to Gorgie

Come on Alan Forrest, anything your brother can do today you can do the same tomorrow!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Come on Alan Forrest, anything your brother can do today you can do the same tomorrow!

Doubtful, he showed what he can do in the first half the other night. Ok for games against weaker teams really. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

True enough. Two centre mids and two wide players who will do nothing all game is my guess. Hopefully not. 

Being positive, Snodgrass looked decent against Killie. 

He did indeed, his balls from midfield were excellent, slightly unexpected also. Not sure where we will deploy him. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doubtful, he showed what he can do in the first half the other night. Ok for games against weaker teams really. 

Just wishful thinking from me. Forrest needs to do more and we could do with some good wide play from him with McKay totally off the pace right now.

Playing Euro games is a challenging situation for a club with our resources.

That said, I think the players can and should be able to adapt.

Tomorrow’s result should take care of itself if the players assume responsibility and “step up to the plate”.

It’s not all down to Robbie.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just wishful thinking from me. Forrest needs to do more and we could do with some good wide play from him with McKay totally off the pace right now.

Definitely, if either play hopefully they can make an impact and create chances. 

Horatio Caine

I see Goodwin is allowed to be back in the dugout for our visit as he has appealed his supension.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't be arsed reading through the thread.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Think Aberdeen will beat us. Unfortunately we are so weak at the back and I can’t see us picking up anything. Hopefully I’m wrong though. Aberdeen albeit hot and cold seem pretty decent at home. 

Regardless of the result. At least I don’t support Hibs…. Thankfully 🇱🇻🇱🇻😀😀

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Think his brother is far superior 

Ricardo Quaresma
24 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Think Aberdeen will beat us. Unfortunately we are so weak at the back and I can’t see us picking up anything. Hopefully I’m wrong though. Aberdeen albeit hot and cold seem pretty decent at home. 

They're getting nothing; nothing

23 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Still Game for the SPFL (@StillGame_SPFL) / Twitter

This will be the score; it is an omen. This is the episode featuring the late and great Robbie Coltrane. RIP.

They're showing that episode on BBC Scotland just now.   

If anyone's interested ☺ 

4 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

We beat Motherwell away and drew with Killie away  man up FFS. 2-1 Hearts.

4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I see Goodwin is allowed to be back in the dugout for our visit as he has appealed his supension.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't be arsed reading through the thread.

he should never of been banned. He told the truth. Ridiculous punishment 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Haven’t seen that mentioned on here yet, ridiculous ban anyway. Hope he gets a great view of our victory today. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Got to play Haring at CB possibly along with Sibbick. I would play Kingsley at LB.  It would be harsh to drop Cochrane but we really have to stick with a back 4.  Aberdeen are overrated by some and only had good wins when playing against 10 men. Would be happy with a draw here though.

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Got to play Haring at CB possibly along with Sibbick. I would play Kingsley at LB.  It would be harsh to drop Cochrane but we really have to stick with a back 4.  Aberdeen are overrated by some and only had good wins when playing against 10 men. Would be happy with a draw here though.

100%

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

We're winning this and going third. Maybe I should be worried but I'm just not.

A draw at Pittodrie would be a good result. 

37 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A draw at Pittodrie would be a good result. 

It would. I still somehow think we're winning. The team looks done feeling sorry for themselves because of injury and travel.

SpruceBringsteen

We'll draw or lose tomorrow and we'll make excuses. Can't wait. 

(if we win I'll be acting like the biggest billy big baws and deny I ever posted this so good luck trying to shame me)

Dundee Utd hammered them. They're not a good side and I expect a win. Key game, a win puts the side back into 3rd with a game in hand over hubz.

Who also can't win against a full 11.

Captain Sausage

The lack of competent CB options, and the lack of quality in the middle of the park will make this a difficult afternoon. 2-1 loss incoming. 

I think it has to be 3/5 at the back. We looked more solid second half against Fiorentina and the 4 is simply not working defensively. 

Gordon

Neilson

Haring

Kingsley

Sibbick

Kio

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Humphrys

Shankland

McKay

alicante jambo
25 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Always difficult up there so I’m going 2-0 Hearts, Snodgrass and Shankland with the goals.

Sounds good for me finlay. Massive 3 points here but right now i would take a draw. Wet and windy out there so can only imagine what its like in aberdeen. Buzzing though so fingers crossed its a good journey back down the road tonight. Mon the jts

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

I think it has to be 3/5 at the back. We looked more solid second half against Fiorentina and the 4 is simply not working defensively. 

Gordon

Neilson

Haring

Kingsley

Sibbick

Kio

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Humphrys

Shankland

McKay

Would be happy with this. 

There seems to be significant hesitation to play Pete in defence though. 

12 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

12 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

FWIW, I thought he was doing ok until he lost his place after the Motherwell game. 3 league goals from seven starts is pretty reasonable. Struggled against the old firm. Had a poor one away to Livvy like they all did.

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Gordon

Neilson

Haring

Kingsley

Sibbick

Kio

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Humphrys

Shankland

McKay

That’s the best team we can put out right now, I’d suggest. Forrest maybe a little unlucky to drop out but he’s not done a great deal in recent games.

Think Haring, for his experience and physicality, needs to drop into the CB role to help Neilson and Sibbick deserves to keep his position at RWB (thought he didn’t put a foot wrong in Florence).

Snodgrass could be key in this game. Not having all players sometimes works in our favour as it gives a bit more grit to to the team. As always, want a wee bit of luck too please 

I think some apprehension is always likely after let's say some patchy results. But even they think Hearts are the better side. Or at least their fans do judging from their forum. I don't know what their management think.

That’s my contribution to the Young Team dropped for the 8:25 bus to Aberdeen.  I’m still broken after Florence, some commitment from the 1200 heading up 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🇱🇻

FC63291C-5E99-4C95-A2DB-51ACF6088417.jpeg

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Jesus. Hardly entices your support in, does it. 

Between us & Aberdeen, it might be a game of walking football, today. 

Actually think we'll win this by a goal. I'd take a draw though, purely due to our rubbish track record up there. 

They’ve certainly turned results around at home v us in the last decade.  

But I remember their hate grew for us from the mid/late 90s for a good decade because they rarely beat us and we had quite a few wins at their ground. 

Time to start reversing again 🙂

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s your solution then

Play Sibbick holding midfield

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

Gordon

Neilson

Haring

Kingsley

Sibbick

Kio

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Humphrys

Shankland

McKay

Thought Kio left Snodgrass quite a lot to do last week when they paired up and it was my take from Rugby Park that we lost the middle of the park due to Kio being ineffective. I've no idea how Aberdeen even line up but frequently this season we're either out performed, out fought or out numbered in the middle. Not against that line up and possibly more flexible with Haring able to step out and play a back four and number up if needed at centre mid. Need more from this Kio guy though the pointless pointer.

The players are due the fans a performance after some of the dross they've served up recently. 

100% commitment and concentration need .

Would take a draw but we're definitely capable of winning with the correct mindset and endeavour. 

Unfortunately it's far from guaranteed with this squad atm

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The players are due the fans a performance after some of the dross they've served up recently. 

100% commitment and concentration need .

Would take a draw but we're definitely capable of winning with the correct mindset and endeavour. 

Unfortunately it's far from guaranteed with THE HUGE AMOUNT OF INJURIES TO this squad atm

STFY

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Really cant call this line up today. Atkinson being out will steer us a bit. I can see a back 4 but not sure who the CBs will be. Any CB options remain lightweight and risk laden.

We will concede in my opinion. Hope to outgun them at other end to win.

Churchill Barrier
9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Give Zander a game 

He has a 3 year old, might be carrying an injury after stepping on discarded toys.