*** Official Aberdeen fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Late in the day for this

I'd take a draw but got a feeling we will get beat in a close game. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

We won't keep a clean sheet that's for sure.Aberdeen are pish though so feck knows how this will end up.Aberdeen have an easy game plan though lump in crosses all game and they are sure to take at least one of the gifts they are given.

Jambo Buckets

Aberdeen look pretty decent this season. A draw would be a good result off the back of the Thursday game with the injuries we have. As long as we're still in touch with 3rd before the World Cup to give ourselves a chance once Europe is out the way and we have some players back. 

Its the right game at the right time, fancy us big time for this, no idea why. Barrie McKay bounces back, Humphries double 3-1 and a much needed lift.

willie wallace

As long as we don't play 2 left backs in central defence I think we can win this.

Stephen Kingsley is probably our most accomplished and consistent player but he has really struggled playing on the right hand side in the last 2 games.

Maybe Haring at centre half.

2-1 Hearts.

Team selection is becoming a bit a nightmare. I'd maybe go for:

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Neilson Kingsley

Devlin Kio

Forrest Snodgrass C.Smith

Humphrys

I really liked what I saw of Conor Smith and I think having someone like Snodgrass in with him will help coach him through the game. Think Barrie needs a break, and Shankland doesn't bring enough movement. Humphrys confidence should be sky high too. 

Think at CB we just need to go square pegs and square holes. Sibbick did well at RB and Haring has done well at CB. We're going to be fragile at the back regardless, but this means we'll at least have some physicality and aren't going to be pushed over. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Kio

Humphrys

I really liked what I saw of Conor Smith and I think having someone like Snodgrass in with him will help coach him through the game. Think Barrie needs a break, and Shankland doesn't bring enough movement. Humphrys confidence should be sky high too. 

Think at CB we just need to go square pegs and square holes. Sibbick did well at RB and Haring has done well at CB. We're going to be fragile at the back regardless, but this means we'll at least have some physicality and aren't going to be pushed over. 

Decent team but  personally would stick Cochrane in a left wing back and leave out Forrest .

We need to hold on to the ball and play into spaces and run at them. They are vulnerable in defence (like us at the moment).

Important that we don’t lose so I’m going for a 2-2

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Kio

Humphrys

Is Devlin not suspended ?

48 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Kio

Humphrys

Wouldn’t have Forrest near the team myself, but I’d certainly go close with the rest.  

Not averse to ditching the likes of McKay and Forrest just now and go for a more natural midfield, more robust look. 

It’s about time Haring was used at CH as a stop gap(as we eventually saw last night) with Sibbick to his right as insurance with pace. Or, you stick him bang centre of a 3 with Neilson next to Sibbick?   Devlin suspended and not heard about Ginnelly(who I’d have started if fit and kept Shankland as an option from the bench)

Gordon

Sibbick. Neilson.  Haring. Kingsley. Cochrane. 

Kio.  Smith. Snodgrass

Shankland.  Humphrys.       

Edited by Debut 4

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was it not just the Killie game? 

1 match ban for a straight red?

Thought it was 2 for dangerous play but I may be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

Horatio Caine
17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thought it was 2 for dangerous play but I may be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have a feeling it's a 2 match ban

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Kio

Humphrys

We'll need to counter that North Macedonian striker they signed.  Looks decent and has scored quite a few so far.

Naisys Tackle

Think we will lose heavily, sadly. 

They seem to be getting goals from headers and penalties, we seem to be loving to give away both them.

Them getting pumped last week will have them fired up. 

The Goalscoring Knee
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Them getting pumped last week will have them fired up. 

Playing devil's advocate, should the same logic should not apply to us after a hammering?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Playing devil's advocate, should the same logic should not apply to us after a hammering?

Nah.  We have 100 ready made excuses for losing on Sunday.   They got horsed by their "new firm" rivals too. 

The Goalscoring Knee

Fair do's. FWIW, I'm thinking we won't have to use them as I still think we can nick it (nothing like a bit of Friday night optimism, in my book).

Cannot see anything but a defeat 

playing poor 

away record shocking 

injuries very bad 

European hangover 

not getting anything out this game will be very surprised 

It's difficult to see anything other than another dismal performance and defeat.

Please prove me all kinds of wrong, Hearts.

Shankland Humphrys 

Snoddy                       Forrest 

Grant    Kio 

Halliday Cochrane Kingsley Sibbick

Gordon 

0-2 to the sheep.

Prove me wrong Hearts. 

31 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Is Natty's injury keeping him out? Haven't seen anything in the press.

Left the ground on crutches last night.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Reportedly walked on to a bus this afternoon. 

That’s good to hear. I’d like to see him have a run of games.

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

That’s good to hear. I’d like to see him have a run of games.

Don’t get too carried away.  He may still be out for a while. World Cup looming so won’t be taking any risks. 

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Kingsley Cochrane 

Kio Haliday

Forrest/Humphrys Snodgrass McKay

Shankland 

Most likely Humphrys over Forrest.   We need to use more forwards since we have loads.    I'm not worried about crosses in our box with that backline.    Hearts win. 

Our defenders are all injured and their defenders just aren't very good to start with.

Both Teams To Score should be free money.

south morocco

This thread is grim reading. We’ve gone from so much positivity this season to this.

Anyway, Snodgrass in, I have no clue now about the best defensive personnel it’s such a shambles and the management are to blame for that. Would take a draw right now….

For the life of me I can’t get the “leave McKay out” bit. Easily the most creative player we have even on one of his off days. Don’t care if he doesn’t shine against big teams as long as he does v the rest that’s good enough for me. If he shined against the big teams he wouldn’t be at Hearts. 

bobby bombscare

If we play 2 left backs as our centre back pairing again, then 2(possibly 3)-1 to Aberdeen.

If we play kingsley at LCB and either Harring, Neilson or Sibbick, then 1-0/2-1 to us at a ground that is normally tough to go and get points from!

We have to win, or we are in trouble of getting cut adrift already in the league, no excuses must get 3 points.

3-1 hearts, Humphrys x 2 shankland x1, miovski for the sheep.

0-4 Hearts. Someone's getting it fae us and the sheep are the chosen one. 

Humphreys and Shankland with all 4. Don't care in which order.

Clark 

Smith Haring Neilson Kingsley

Sibbick Smith Kio Cochrane/McKay

Humphreys Shankland 

Something different.