*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, whodanny said:

For those who didn't click on the BBC link...

Tried and tested for Hearts?

BBC SportCopyright: BBC Sport

The talk of this window has been Callum Paterson's potential return to Gorgie, but a few Jambos are looking back on a few former maroon men to come back, too...

Jake: I think what we have been missing is someone who can come off the bench and get goals out of nothing. A player who has been constantly hitting the back of the net this season is former Tynecastle Park favourite Craig Wighton. Hopefully Savage and Neilson are looking at a return for him given his form for Dunfermline lately.

Cherice: After the season ending injury to Craig Gordon, would love to see a backup keeper coming in. Zander Clark has done so well since deputising for Gordon, but worried we're lack in that department. Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis. Was well loved here last time following his loan spell from Man United.

Andrew: I’m all for giving people second chances and believe Aidy White deserves one with Hearts! Struggled for goals and assists at wing back and he’s someone who could come in and hit the ground running and secure third place. Would be a real statement signing and show the rest of the league we mean business.

Stuart: Would love for Hearts to bring Morgaro Gomis back to the club. Thought he was outstanding during his first spell and especially in the game on Sunday against Livingston which was 0-0 we missed that bit of creativity he could bring to set up chances

I think Joe Savage's job is safe...

😆

There's also a Jason Cummings one. Hilarious stuff from the BBC :facepalm:

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frank Sidebottom
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

When you work that £500k out over what’s left of the season it’s in excess of £18k a week PLUS what we have to pay him on top which pushes it over £22k a week. He’s not worth £500k for  19 games maximum IMO

If he wants his loyalty payment, let him wait down there for it.

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

£500k from now to the end of the season is the equivalent of £25k a week ! Add his wages in to that and you hit £30k a week. Senseless and irresponsible spending like that has long gone thankfully.

Getting more expensive as the day goes on it seems.  

There is absolutely no chance we should be paying 500,000 for CP.

I would like (not love) to see CP return but not for even close to that figure if we can get him for free - this would be a crazy decision by the board to allow this. 

We do not need CP to finish 3rd. 

Edited by red
digit missing

Just now, red said:

There is absolutely no chance we should be paying 50,000 for CP.

I would like (not love) to see CP return but not for even close to that figure if we can get him for free - this would be a crazy decision by the board to allow this. 

We do not need CP to finish 3rd. 

£50,000 would be a steal to be fair

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

£50,000 would be a steal to be fair

50k is a couple of home games worth of pie sales. ****ing right it would be. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

In lieu of any transfer news - how is our kiosk catering structured commercially?

Is it contracted out on a flat rate or do we make more per sale etc?

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I realise he is a lot bigger than when he left, but come on - he isn't gonna manage to eat that many pies in 2 games.

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Paying half a million pounds for a player we can get for free in the summer would make horrendous business sense. 

In a nutshell.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

😂

The figure of £500k has just been pulled out of one of our hairy ring pieces FFS.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

What’s the earliest the club has announced no more business in windows gone by? (Either direct on Website/channels or feeding info to media folk) Thought we might have had that already.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What’s the earliest the club has announced no more business in windows gone by? (Either direct on Website/channels or feeding info to media folk) Thought we might have had that already.

Rangers have done it already via journalists. Joe Savage is on Sportsound at some point tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Rangers have done it already via journalists. Joe Savage is on Sportsound at some point tonight. 

So he isn’t that busy in transfer negotiations or dealings. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Our turnover will be over 21 million next season 

Aside from any thing else … how totally unreal is that ?

We have come so far in such a short space of time . There are still total morons who doubt Ann Budge and what she has done for us as well - See The Hearts Review podcast for details 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So he isn’t that busy in transfer negotiations or dealings. 

I'm sure he can manage a 10 minute zoom call just after he puts the final offer in 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In lieu of any transfer news - how is our kiosk catering structured commercially?

Is it contracted out on a flat rate or do we make more per sale etc?

and are the kebab pies a gamechanger?

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

seen it around 6pm, must admit I thought we would have it confirmed by a journalist by now.

4 minutes ago, bazman said:

Only positive I'm taking so far is that we haven't had the official no more business message yet

Think there’s possible outs this evening, not many and not senior players. 

We’ll get the usual no more business message around 10pm imo. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one leave before then but we won’t have any incoming. 

kingantti1874

If Calum Paterson helped us make the cup final it would pay for itself. 🤷‍♂️ 

If we have it spend it rather than sitting in the bank doing nowt

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

That’s us done according to BA on Twitter

Free agents and more loaned out it is then

Edited by Mikey1874

jamboinglasgow

and there we have it. For the first time in a while, I have not been gutted seeing that message. Shows just how well we have done with our recruitment.

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not that bothered to be honest if we can get benni Boyce and haring back in a few weeks it wil be like three new players anyway

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Not that bothered to be honest if we can get benni Boyce and haring back in a few weeks it wil be like three new players anyway

Haring maybe but i doubt Boyce or Beni will be back anytime soon, although i see Boyce is back running (i think) so could be possible 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think there’s possible outs this evening, not many and not senior players. 

11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Free agents and more loaned out it is then

Early night for me, then . Braw

27 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😂

The figure of £500k has just been pulled out of one of our hairy ring pieces FFS.

As ridiculous as it sounds knowing Chansiri I doubt he would even accept £500k. And I know that is well overpriced for a player that we can sign for free in the summer. Paterson in January was never happening 

I'm fine with that. Got a good squad at the minute, and cover in pretty much all positions. No need to bring anyone in, unless they were top drawer. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Our turnover is about £16m, I'm not sure 500k is an insignificant amount of money to chuck on a player we can get free in a few months. Add his wages aswell and it's money we can use elsewhere in the summer

Our turnover, I would expect, will be over £28M

If it was only going to cost £500K he'd have been here by now; reckon they'd want so much it would cost double that or more, even if they had cover for every position

LarrysRightFoot

Personally feel we are a couple of players short still but if the right players aren’t available there’s no point in making signings for the sake of it. 

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, I think you should take your own advice and read the forum

You’re miles out.

Miles.

👍🏻

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Chevy Chase said:

You’re miles out.

Miles.

👍🏻

It's our CEO who said it, if you were paying attention you would know that