Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

“We’ll try to get Callum in the summer but let’s be honest, Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club. If they get into the Championship and Callum helps him get promoted then you never know. We’ll have an interest but we need to wait and see on that one.

Told you there was no Pre-contract arranged and he could stay down there.

On the other hand we just found out now that we've known Humps is staying for the past two weeks and only dropped the dime today.

This management team keeps secrets extremely well.

Naisys Tackle
42 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

On the other hand we just found out now that we've known Humps is staying for the past two weeks and only dropped the dime today.

He's not signed a PCA mate.  There's interest by others and Sheff Weds may want to keep him.   I still think he will sign though.  That's been the plan all along. 

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's not signed a PCA mate.  There's interest by others and Sheff Weds may want to keep him.   I still think he will sign though.  That's been the plan all along. 

Don’t know if he’s what we need then again was happily surprised by the change and form of Halliday,

so you have to just trust what they see.

Just hope it’s not a Kio signing 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, bawheed said:

Don’t know if he’s what we need then again was happily surprised by the change and form of Halliday,

so you have to just trust what they see.

Just hope it’s not a Kio signing 

Callums much better than Kio but yeah we're pretty much covered.  

Yes I know we have to wait a few years for Kio to come good before anyone starts.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

One thing we should have learned by now is that the club know what they are doing. Not that long ago we had experts laughing at the prospect of signing Callum, then telling us where he could or couldn't play and they should know because. We've also been told we'd go into meltdown if we didn't sign him . I'm personally disappointed we haven't got him this season because I think he is a proper game changer and possibly the difference between winning the cup. 

No meltdown mind. We still have a fantastic squad despite our injuries and our public pursuit suggests to me that JS and RN are confident we will get him in the summer. It looks to me that SW set a price that was just to high to bring him in now. I trust their judgement

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Oh don't worry, some idiot already has mentioned it 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

in that case can I also, in true 'total lack of imagination' JKB-style, mention Jimmy Dunne.

There. I've said it. Feel much better now.

RustyRightPeg

Pretty top window all things considered. 

Exciting attackers in the door. 

Shrewd loan move for Hill.

Key asset tied down for 5 years,  adding to his already ascending value. 

Bids for Sibbick hit for a home run. 

No outgoings other than development loans. 

Top work Mr Savage & co. 

Ricardo Quaresma
12 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

Settle.

11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not in the current year unless we win the cup and/or sell players in the summer. 

I see that Benefactor donations and FoH Donations are not included in the turnover figures

That was included for the £28M figure

There was a quote from Ann Budge of around £21M plus £5M donations and a subsequent update from our CEO of a combined figure of over £27M, but that was over a month ago and surely doesn't include a bit more incomings from the Scottish cup

Couldn't find the CEO quote from a post on here, but it was posted on here, but the Budge numbers were observed on here

Ricardo Quaresma

Well, it doesn't seem like SW were going to accept any sort of offer for CP

They really want to keep him for a league winning push; can't blame them really

However, I hope he scoops loads of bonuses from them for winning the L1 title

*****s :rofl:

9 hours ago, Bauld said:

I ****ing love Joe Savage.

:yas:

Screenshot_20230131_233717_Samsung Internet.jpg

I love Joe.  Total, eye fluttering, weak at the knees, butterflies in my tummy, love.

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

yeah, a few quotes about missing out on Paterson and about how we would not sell Shankland doesn't do it justice. Was surprised how comprehensive it was. Even talking about what the club has learnt from playing in Europe this season that it will take into next season if we qualify.

Where was the interview about? Wouldn't mind listening to it if possible.

38 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I see that Benefactor donations and FoH Donations are not included in the turnover figures

That was included for the £28M figure

There was a quote from Ann Budge of around £21M plus £5M donations and a subsequent update from our CEO of a combined figure of over £27M, but that was over a month ago and surely doesn't include a bit more incomings from the Scottish cup

Couldn't find the CEO quote from a post on here, but it was posted on here, but the Budge numbers were observed on here

The finance director and chair both said they hoped total income would possibly reach £26m in the current financial year at the agm. The only things that would that up that a couple of million would be a cup win and the sale of players. Given we didn’t sell anyone in January it’s now very unlikely to be much higher  than their projection. 
Unless of course Sir James puts his hand in his pocket again for an infrastructure project. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So we all need to support Plymouth, Ipswich and Derby then. Sheff Weds going up, however conversely that may not be a bad thing, they may look for upgrades too

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The finance director and chair both said they hoped total income would possibly reach £26m in the current financial year at the agm. The only things that would that up that a couple of million would be a cup win and the sale of players. Given we didn’t sell anyone in January it’s now very unlikely to be much higher  than their projection. 
Unless of course Sir James puts his hand in his pocket again for an infrastructure project. 

Yeah, we'll see, it's all good

48 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Cheers, will see if I can get it

Think it took place prior to the podcast recording actually.  Worth it so far anyway to hear Levein claim there was nothing wrong with Ross County's goal last night.  Which might be the case as I've not seen it.

32 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

He was certainly leaning that way.

That would be another good bit of business. 

I'm sure we'll be in his ear telling him Hearts is a good place for him to be - that we'll play him when he's ready, and that we won't stand in his way if offers from bigger clubs come in. 

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That would be another good bit of business. 

I'm sure we'll be in his ear telling him Hearts is a good place for him to be - that we'll play him when he's ready, and that we won't stand in his way if offers from bigger clubs come in. 

His dad is a really nice guy and I’m sure he’ll make good choices. Not relevant to what James ultimately decides, but he has siblings further down the youth structure too.

Edited by Pistol1874

14 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

His dad is a really nice guy and I’m sure he’ll make good choices. Not relevant to what James ultimately decides, but he has siblings further down the youth structure too.

He turns 16 in March, when that happens we can let him play for the B team as well I believe. Give him exposure and a taste of a step up. If we get him right in the team it will show we have a bit faith in him.

Shooter McGavin

Really glad this is the attitude we’re adopting.

And before anybody gets all worked up, at no point does Savage claim he’s worth £15 million, the headline is misleading.

But great to see we’ll no longer be accepting derisory offers from the likes of Blackpool.

You want our players, you’ll pay accordingly.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

And before anybody gets all worked up, at no point does Savage claim he’s worth £15 million, the headline is misleading.

But great to see we’ll no longer be accepting derisory offers from the likes of Blackpool.

Right. It's an valid argument that Rowles was only half as good as Souttar in the WC. So the bidding starts at £7.5m.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The challenge becomes what you can or need to pay someone you value at several million pounds. 

Wonder if there is a release clause figure in his new deal. 

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Right. It's an valid argument that Rowles was only half as good as Souttar in the WC. So the bidding starts at £7.5m.

Another good reason to have him tied up on a five year deal.

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

The challenge becomes what you can or need to pay someone you value at several million pounds. 

Wonder if there is a release clause figure in his new deal. 

In all honesty I have always viewed that argument as a complete pile of total pish . A value is what another team is willing to pay and his current wages have nothing to do with it 

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In all honesty I have always viewed that argument as a complete pile of total pish . A value is what another team is willing to pay and his current wages have nothing to do with it 

It is relevant though. Where a player sees their perceived value in the wider market has a bearing on what they expect to be paid and what they'll be prepared to accept, which will largely depend on what a club can afford to pay. This is why we've been unable to retain and extend Souttar as recently as last season and why we had to accept what felt a low ball figure for Hickey.

Hearts clearly see Rowles as a saleable asset and have moved to secure his services for an extended period. What we ultimately achieve for him will be down to what someone is willing to pay. If that doesn't match our value of the player he won't be going anywhere. 

In this case the club look well protected. I'd very very surprised if Hearts or Rowles expect him to see out the duration of his contract. This very much seems to be a case where we can see significant upside in player trading realisation. Something we've not been good at doing as AB addressed at last AGM. 

I think these things are a little more complex and nuanced than how you've tried to articulate though. 

17 minutes ago, Carter said:

It is relevant though. Where a player sees their perceived value in the wider market has a bearing on what they expect to be paid and what they'll be prepared to accept, which will largely depend on what a club can afford to pay. This is why we've been unable to retain and extend Souttar as recently as last season and why we had to accept what felt a low ball figure for Hickey.

Hearts clearly see Rowles as a saleable asset and have moved to secure his services for an extended period. What we ultimately achieve for him will be down to what someone is willing to pay. If that doesn't match our value of the player he won't be going anywhere. 

In this case the club look well protected. I'd very very surprised if Hearts or Rowles expect him to see out the duration of his contract. This very much seems to be a case where we can see significant upside in player trading realisation. Something we've not been good at doing as AB addressed at last AGM. 

I think these things are a little more complex and nuanced than how you've tried to articulate though. 

The bit in bold - The reason we lost John Souttar and Hickey for relative buttons was because they refused to extend their contracts with us . Rowles is happy to stay here for the time being because he values security over cash at the moment and his wife is studying here I believe . Rowles will not be on the sort of wages that Harry Souttar is on but he will be on good wages for us as a club . With him being on an extended deal , then regardless of wages we can insist on any fee we like , and it will not be determined by what he collects each month . this whole wages of an x million player seemed to start with that horrible wee Scots agent who used it as leverage to get Brown and Thomson out of Hibs 

Calum Paterson got the winner today to take Sheff Wed top of the 1st division. Can see him getting a new deal if they go up...

On 03/02/2023 at 15:30, Sooks said:

The bit in bold - The reason we lost John Souttar and Hickey for relative buttons was because they refused to extend their contracts with us . Rowles is happy to stay here for the time being because he values security over cash at the moment and his wife is studying here I believe . Rowles will not be on the sort of wages that Harry Souttar is on but he will be on good wages for us as a club . With him being on an extended deal , then regardless of wages we can insist on any fee we like , and it will not be determined by what he collects each month . this whole wages of an x million player seemed to start with that horrible wee Scots agent who used it as leverage to get Brown and Thomson out of Hibs 

With that in mind, getting Shanks, Devlin and Beni on new deals pronto would be good to see. 

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, Section Q said:

Calum Paterson got the winner today to take Sheff Wed top of the 1st division. Can see him getting a new deal if they go up...

MoM as well.

I agree about him getting a new deal.

Glad to see this mammoth thread sinking.

But, just as a last gasp with reference to Paterson, a certain low-rent tabloid posted a take on our rejected final day of the window offer and referred to us as ... wait for it ...

The Jammies.

On 04/02/2023 at 22:44, Section Q said:

What goes by you is not for you or whatever the phrase is

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Glad to see this mammoth thread sinking.

But, just as a last gasp with reference to Paterson, a certain low-rent tabloid posted a take on our rejected final day of the window offer and referred to us as ... wait for it ...

The Jammies.

That’s a belter.

Must have Hobo tendencies.

On 04/02/2023 at 22:44, Section Q said:

yup although some on here saying he still wants back up the road and Sheffield are skint

8 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yup although some on here saying he still wants back up the road and Sheffield are skint

Wouldn't they get a big windfall from promotion? And he must be on some eye watering salary compared to what we could offer?

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Wouldn't they get a big windfall from promotion? And he must be on some eye watering salary compared to what we could offer?

Bound too and also other championship teams maybe interested in Paterson and lower end EPL sides blowing away what we could offer

Probably also worth considering that if Wednesday get promotion they would be able to spend and bring in better players than Paterson , believe it or not there are a couple out there , and he might find game time a bit limited all over again . All just ifs and maybes 

15 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Bound too and also other championship teams maybe interested in Paterson and lower end EPL sides blowing away what we could offer

I just get the feeling Paterson can milk it for at least another 2 to 3 years before returning home. See what happens. Loved him as a player here - winning mentality whoever he was up against.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Probably also worth considering that if Wednesday get promotion they would be able to spend and bring in better players than Paterson , believe it or not there are a couple out there , and he might find game time a bit limited all over again . All just ifs and maybes 

Yep, rightly or wrongly, I would htink Sheff Wed would try to recruit beyond Callum if they went up (blow loads of money on pish and go back down, I mean!).  Would work in our favour if they went up, in a way.  Would love to have him back.

See in games where we're a bit pedestrian and even Robbie is saying we're not being positive or aggressive enough... step forward Mr CPatz.

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I just get the feeling Paterson can milk it for at least another 2 to 3 years before returning home. See what happens. Loved him as a player here - winning mentality whoever he was up against.

Probably will do

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the position with Finlay Pollock? Long term injury?

Nope.  He's been in and out of the B team, without standing out above his team mates.

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Nope.  He's been in and out of the B team, without standing out above his team mates.

Yes I’m told he has growing issues with knees and shouldn’t really have been playing for months ….. despite this from I have seen is work rate and off the ball movement his way ahead of B team level