*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

12 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Anyone thinking Calum Patterson is not a good addition to our squad doesn’t know the game. 

The guy would be a major asset, he has attributes we don’t currently have and walks into RWB position if that’s where the intention is to play him. 

The number of folk that cannot spell his name right on this thread.😏

Callum Paterson, it's not hard.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Alex Lowry available on loan. A loan move doesn't interest me obviously but I would test them and see if they were willing to sell. Rangers isn't a good place for a young up-and-coming player to be. He quite simply won't get a game as often as he needs and they'll ruin him. I'm sure he could be bought for a couple of hundred K plus a sell-on.

They would want a lot more than that for him. Very highly rated and is in long term plans at Ibrox. 

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

They would want a lot more than that for him. Very highly rated and is in long term plans at Ibrox. 

Beale's comments in the papers today don't sound quite as enthusiastic. Was on about how he has to prove that he belongs at Rangers, needing to go out on loan to get some games at a decent level. I'd ask the question. They can only say no, or give us a "dont want to sell him" number which Joe will probably reduce by 70% and bat back at them :) 

You never know. 

GorgieRules22
24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Alex Lowry available on loan. A loan move doesn't interest me obviously but I would test them and see if they were willing to sell. Rangers isn't a good place for a young up-and-coming player to be. He quite simply won't get a game as often as he needs and they'll ruin him. I'm sure he could be bought for a couple of hundred K plus a sell-on.

Heard we where interested in him yesterday so guessing you’ve possibly heard more ?

2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

:Robbie:

Great news. Been wondering about this for ages. 

Time to work on signing him permanently in the summer... 

The Old Tolbooth
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If we could sign him on a permanent that would be an amazing deal, but Rangers do rate him (not enough to play him) so I would see them holding up to nearly or over 7 figures.

They'll expect over £2m for Lowry, whilst wanting to offer £500k for Shankland, it's the hunnery way! 

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

:rudiyas:

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Beale's comments in the papers today don't sound quite as enthusiastic. Was on about how he has to prove that he belongs at Rangers, needing to go out on loan to get some games at a decent level. I'd ask the question. They can only say no, or give us a "dont want to sell him" number which Joe will probably reduce by 70% and bat back at them :) 

You never know. 

Motivational kick up the arse from Beale. No way they are ready to sell him and certainly not for peanuts. In due course if they decide he isn't good enough they'd probably throw him into a deal for the likes of Kye Rowles to avoid paying 5 million+ though. Not an eventuality I'm keen on! 

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Heard we where interested in him yesterday so guessing you’ve possibly heard more ?

That's interesting. Haven't heard anything myself mate. Just a player I'd love us to go for (but not on loan). 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

:Robbie:

Great news. Been wondering about this for ages. 

Time to work on signing him permanently in the summer... 

If I was Robbie I'd be telling Humphrys we need to be seeing more between now and May if he wants too be at Hearts longer term. Savage has proven he can and will find players so I wouldn't be hanging my hat on Humphrys just yet. Assuming we get the European money again in 2023-24 and given Robbie's recent comments about improving each window there is no reason to believe we can't be looking at better than him for next season in the markets we are able to operate in. Not dismissing him but just feel we don't need to be too pro-active at this point. 

Lowry is a decent player but we’re very well stocked in attack right now, we have good depth all over the squad actually.

The only position that slightly worries me is right in the middle of the pitch, Beni is out indefinitely and it’s starting to look like Haring is the same. Halliday and Grant are both better further forward and the jury is still out on Kio.

I think we can deal with injuries elsewhere on the park but if Snodgrass and Devlin are unavailable for long stretches then we could struggle imo

Maybe signing a right back would allow Smith to slot in there as he has done in the past

14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The number of folk that cannot spell his name right on this thread.😏

Callum Paterson, it's not hard.

Some folk have nothing better to do than pick people up on an Internet forum for spelling a name wrong. Then again some folk have nothing better to do than pick them up for doing this. 

No sure who the biggest saddo is!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I had thought about that as a possibility before we signed oda and kaul

Great news about Humphrys. Never want a player on loan from either of the arse cheeks. He is a good player but I doubt we could afford to buy him, he is rated at Rangers.

I don't mind loans from England but I never, ever want to help develop a player for them.

If Neilson knew Humphrys early recall option elapsed on the 14th why didn't he say so before now? Strange he left it til deadline day. Would have saved a panic and worry amongst our support and certainly saved pages of chat about it on here!

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Bit rubbish hanging about on here all day, for one signing. Hearts won't have some magic transfer coup, today, as we've played that card already with Kuol.

Other club's transfer thread should hopefully have more interesting news.

My ambivalence only peaks my interest so far, regarding CP. I don't think we should be paying a bean towards anything in respect to him.

We can wait until summer. 

No deadline day drama except a game of Funk or No Funk. This getting business done early is overrated. Mad Joe Oot.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d take lowry. But only on a permanent deal.  

Yep. Absolutely no sense in loaning him. **** developing their players

HeartsandonlyHearts

Savage playing his cards close to his chest once again. Not telling us 17 days ago that Humphrys was staying and having us all sweating. I just assumed all loans were reversible on Jan 31.

Savage ya sneaky wee bar steward.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I agree, but Souttar is coming from an English club.

I scrolled forward, saw this and first thought you were talking about his brother 🤣

Just now, Chimp said:

If Neilson knew Humphrys early recall option elapsed on the 14th why didn't he say so before now? Strange he left it til deadline day. Would have saved a panic and worry amongst our support and certainly saved pages of chat about it on here!

Exactly why he did it, we needed something to talk about?

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Could be to placate those expecting a transfer move to go through today. could mean nothing more happening.

1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Savage playing his cards close to his chest once again. Not telling us 17 days ago that Humphrys was staying and having us all sweating. I just assumed all loans were reversible on Jan 31.

Savage ya sneaky wee bar steward.

Me too. Worth remembering in future

4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

FWIW, my fitba source in Australia told me that NA was the best of the 3 we got and was destined for a bigger league than the SPFL. I like him and I think is certainly the most talented of the three, I would like to see him as a RWB with pace in behind him e.g. Hill

I like him too but it's a stretch to say he is the most talented of the three based on what we've seen so far.

38 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Anyone thinking Calum Patterson is not a good addition to our squad doesn’t know the game. 

The guy would be a major asset, he has attributes we don’t currently have and walks into RWB position if that’s where the intention is to play him. 

Haven’t seen anyone say that 

4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Maybe today was the first time a journalist asked him.I can't remember anything being said apart from on here

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Great news about Humphrys. Never want a player on loan from either of the arse cheeks. He is a good player but I doubt we could afford to buy him, he is rated at Rangers.

I don't mind loans from England but I never, ever want to help develop a player for them.

This. Let’s say we get him. Play him and he’s brilliant. MOM every week. Then we get Newco in the cup. Guess what?

No thanks.

8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Lowry is a decent player but we’re very well stocked in attack right now, we have good depth all over the squad actually.

The only position that slightly worries me is right in the middle of the pitch, Beni is out indefinitely and it’s starting to look like Haring is the same. Halliday and Grant are both better further forward and the jury is still out on Kio.

I think we can deal with injuries elsewhere on the park but if Snodgrass and Devlin are unavailable for long stretches then we could struggle imo

Maybe signing a right back would allow Smith to slot in there as he has done in the past

Lowry is a wee forward-lying, creative, playmaker type. Would sit ahead of our centre mid(s) in the number 8 / number 10 role that Shankland has been in. I would personally prefer he went back up top as a penalty box striker, and adding in someone like Lowry would allow him to do so. Would be at the expense of a body at the back though perhaps, so we would need to line up as a sort of 4-3-1-2 or a 4-3-3 or something like that. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

You don't think CP can pick a pass?

It's not his strengths, Smiths better .

Cp has other strengths, but imo defending and passing aren't up there.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not his strengths, Smiths better .

Cp has other strengths, but imo defending and passing aren't up there.

His abilities are certainly being exaggerated on here by a lot of people especially if they expect him to come in and play RWB.

I love the guy as a person and an ex Hearts player but it's not a signing i'd be making now or in the summer.

If he does come in i hope he makes me eat my words.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-hearts-stephen-humphrys-26118566

More of what Robbie has said today, sounds it could be no signings or late surprises, depending on other factors.

The Jam Tarts boss said: "We're interested in a number of players but it's very quiet at the minute so we'll see how the last 12 hours go.

"There's a couple we're looking at but it's late in the window. We're trying but it will be difficult.

"I'm definitely happy with what we've got just now. I think we've got a really good squad.

"I'd like to add one more but the key thing is they have to be at a level that's going to improve the squad and are not just coming in as a number."

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Maybe today was the first time a journalist asked him.I can't remember anything being said apart from on here

Neilson mentioned the possibility of a recall a few weeks ago.

But yeah, I suspect this was just the first time he was asked. It's not really the sort of thing you offer up apropos of nothing.

Connor McAvoy signed for Partick on loan. Us and Aberdeen were supposedly after him too. Don't know anything about him but that's a bit of a drop down. Maybe feels there's more chance of him getting a game there.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Connor McAvoy signed for Partick on loan. Us and Aberdeen were supposedly after him too. Don't know anything about him but that's a bit of a drop down. Maybe feels there's more chance of him getting a game there.

Don't think we were ever genuinely in for him tbh. Agent trying to drum up interest. 

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-hearts-stephen-humphrys-26118566

More of what Robbie has said today, sounds it could be no signings or late surprises, depending on other factors.

The Jam Tarts boss said: "We're interested in a number of players but it's very quiet at the minute so we'll see how the last 12 hours go.

"There's a couple we're looking at but it's late in the window. We're trying but it will be difficult.

"I'm definitely happy with what we've got just now. I think we've got a really good squad.

"I'd like to add one more but the key thing is they have to be at a level that's going to improve the squad and are not just coming in as a number."

I'd like us to add CP, but if we don't it's still been a good window. Addressed the defense and added some good attacking options while not losing anyone we didn't want to.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

I'd like us to add CP, but if we don't it's still been a good window. Addressed the defense and added some good attacking options while not losing anyone we didn't want to.

Basically this. We've a strong squad now even with the injuries.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Yeah, if we sign no one today, then its been a successful window where we have strengthened where we needed to. Any signings today is a bonus, something you rarely say on deadline day.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Chevy Chase said:

There’s an attitude amongst some that 3rd is sewn up. It’s not.

If we can strengthen now we should, I want Hampden and 3rd place and better players now help us achieve that.

We deal with the Summer in the Summer.

And we managed all of that last year from a position of far less strength

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, if we sign no one today, then its been a successful window where we have strengthened where we needed to. Any signings today is a bonus, something you rarely say on deadline day.

Never known it this way, ever, can quite honestly say that, and I like it, watching the rest squirm about for something last minute

RustyRightPeg
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good move for McAvoy, go somewhere he’ll play. Crucial for a 20 year old. 

Hard taskmaster as well is McCall. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Never known it this way, ever, can quite honestly say that, and I like it, watching the rest squirm about for something last minute

I know what you mean, the summer deadline day I was gutted that we didn't add anyone more than Humphrys (then in the next few days we added Clark and Snodgrass.) There is always the thrill of deadline day that makes want another player but it would just be to add one. The fact that normally it is gutting when reporters say "Hearts have concluded their business for today," but if a journalist said that now, I would be fine. Guess that shows how weird (in a good way) this window has been.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Think we were linked with him

:lol:

I didn't see that coming after him being linked to bigger clubs. 

While I'm here I'll add this. 

"Meanwhile, Neilson confirmed forward Stephen Humphrys would definitely be staying put until the end of the season as Wigan had until January 14 to recall him." 

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

I like him too but it's a stretch to say he is the most talented of the three based on what we've seen so far.

In terms of technical ability he is. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

And we managed all of that last year from a position of far less strength

True, but you can never take anything for granted in football. Other teams could go on a good run and we could have a blip, which is quite possible. Still don't know how you could argue that if the option is there to strengthen right now to give ourselves more of a chance, then do it. I'm not suggesting we should be throwing silly money around though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I know what you mean, the summer deadline day I was gutted that we didn't add anyone more than Humphrys (then in the next few days we added Clark and Snodgrass.) There is always the thrill of deadline day that makes want another player but it would just be to add one. The fact that normally it is gutting when reporters say "Hearts have concluded their business for today," but if a journalist said that now, I would be fine. Guess that shows how weird (in a good way) this window has been.

If we were in Hibs or Aberdeens position, yes, in ours sit back and relax :)

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

:lol:

I didn't see that coming after him being linked to bigger clubs. 

While I'm here I'll add this. 

"Meanwhile, Neilson confirmed forward Stephen Humphrys would definitely be staying put until the end of the season as Wigan had until January 14 to recall him." 

Makes sense when having a recall on loan to set date couple of weeks before window shuts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Chimp said:

True, but you can never take anything for granted in football. Other teams could go on a good run and we could have a blip, which is quite possible. Still don't know how you could argue that if the option is there to strengthen right now to give ourselves more of a chance, then do it. I'm not suggesting we should be throwing silly money around though

Thats the point in your last few words. We wont take anything for granted, we will finish 3rd, cup always relies on a bit of luck, could be Parkhead away twice in a week in March if the draw goes the wrong way. If it goes our way home to someone average and onto Hampden again. 

Would love him now, but not with the gun to our head