*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Barry Robson has been put in charge. They've signed a young defender on loan from Watford as well. Gorter (the GK) is a decent signing to be fair - he's meant to be very good. Assuming they've not been happy with Lewis' performances covering for Roos (and who can blame them). 

Was told Dundee Utd were interested in GMS but he's obviously injured so they're going for Marley Watkins. Got a hunch that GMS will end up there in the summer.

I think they could be good signings for Aberdeen, but if the defence is a problem, I think they need more than one centre back to sign to fix it.

I can easily see him going to Dundee United in the summer, provides experience and not too far from Edinburgh (which he apparent likes being.) I think Robbie said last week that GMS is out for quite a few more months, so I think we wont see him again in a Hearts shirt.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

😂 I've no idea why doesn't work for me!

Cheers anyway :) 

I have use Firefox as a search engine to share stuff on here from my phone. 

51 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’m hoping Maloney didn’t know about it and tried to get him back this week hence it coming out. 😂

I thought this earlier, he’s desperate for a striker so why not recall one from a loan. Bet he had a wee chubby making the call only to be told to bolt😂

29 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I thought this earlier, he’s desperate for a striker so why not recall one from a loan. Bet he had a wee chubby making the call only to be told to bolt😂

Yep that would be very pleasing. 😊

Edited by Dazo

Who sent this in to the BBC? It’s on our transfer page 

Anon: After the season-ending injury to Craig Gordon, I would love to see a back-up keeper coming in. Zander Clark has done so well since deputising for Gordon, but worried we're lacking in that department. Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis. Was well loved here last time following his loan spell from Man United.

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Anon: After the season-ending injury to Craig Gordon, I would love to see a back-up keeper coming in. Zander Clark has done so well since deputising for Gordon, but worried we're lacking in that department. Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis. Was well loved here last time following his loan spell from Man United.

:laugh:

RustyRightPeg

Unsure if mentioned but the link for McAvoy who has now signed Partick on loan is Frankie McAvoy our head of youth’s nephew 

3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

so are these two gems

Badger: I'm all for giving people second chances and believe Aidy White deserves one with Hearts! Struggled for goals and assists at wing-back and he's someone who could come in and hit the ground running and secure third place. Would be a real statement signing and show the rest of the league we mean business.

Stuart: Would love for Hearts to bring Morgaro Gomis back to the club. Thought he was outstanding during his first spell. Especially in the game on Sunday against Livingston which was 0-0 we missed that bit of creativity he could bring to set up chances. He's 37 now but surely has one last season at the top in him.

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nothing is happening today is it

Looks like it’s the RC game then eh!

Just now, milky_26 said:

so are these two gems

Badger: I'm all for giving people second chances and believe Aidy White deserves one with Hearts! Struggled for goals and assists at wing-back and he's someone who could come in and hit the ground running and secure third place. Would be a real statement signing and show the rest of the league we mean business.

Stuart: Would love for Hearts to bring Morgaro Gomis back to the club. Thought he was outstanding during his first spell. Especially in the game on Sunday against Livingston which was 0-0 we missed that bit of creativity he could bring to set up chances. He's 37 now but surely has one last season at the top in him.

ffs, I was blinded by the Pereirra one 😄  Bring back Aidy

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

ffs, I was blinded by the Pereirra one 😄  Bring back Aidy

will forever be remembered for the part he played in the famous Covid semi

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so are these two gems

**** me.

Anyway. I want us yo "swoop" for someone. 

When the World Cup break came around I really thought we’d come out of this window having lost a couple for some good money. Devlin and one other. 

The club’s transfer strategy has been discussed to death on here so while acknowledging that players leaving isn’t the end of the world, I’m pleased we’ve kept this squad intact for the second half of the season. 

Cue a derisory bid arriving from a Glasgow postcode.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Barry putting the kibosh on the CP stuff, troops.

In fairness the question he was asked is if he’d be available to for tomorrow, unlikely if he only signs on tonight 😉

That’s disappointing about Paterson. But from his perspective, the loyalty bonus and 13th month payment is probably too much money to leave on the table. Plus who knows what Wednesday were demanding fee wise to do the deal now. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

**** me.

Anyway. I want us yo "swoop" for someone. 

We'd best get on it, the window's about to "slam shut."

36 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

We need Connor Sammon back. Goal machine.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Think there would be at least a whisper somewhere if we were close to any deals so I’ll call it. No more business for hearts today.

Happy with it all.

All roads lead to Gorgie

So unless I'm missing someone that's three new faces in this window. I think that is about the right amount for the mid season one as the harmony in the squad is building week on week and we have a strong bench waiting to come on. Very happy with the business taken care of earlier!

2 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Anyone read this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/64416376 on transfer targets.

If you don't want to click on it, it mentions that Hearts should be looking to get Craig Wighton back and some wit 'Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis'....

They are spoof posts.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Anyone read this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/64416376 on transfer targets.

If you don't want to click on it, it mentions that Hearts should be looking to get Craig Wighton back and some wit 'Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis'....

Take it you’ve not read the last page 

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

20230113_163856.png

Free agent market has been fruitful recently, Clarke and Snodgrass as 2 examples.

Whilst it's always exciting to get a Deadline Day signing, a post window surprise is nice too :) 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

We don’t NEED him. There’s no glaring hole in our squad. We’re well covered in every position and ten games unbeaten.

Signing him would be a luxury. It’s by no means needed. 

If £500K is all we had to pay, then we should; he will start paying off that fee in all sorts of ways and we won't lose out of it

The value of money is in having it to make it do what you need

I think SW need to know that they have adequate cover, if they do, they save a lot on his wages in the next few months

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Clarity

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Think there would be at least a whisper somewhere if we were close to any deals so I’ll call it. No more business for hearts today.

Happy with it all.

This.

I remember a spoof post on the Evening news website that just read Hearts re sign Rudi Skacel . The place went crazy and the Hibs fan who posted it had a right good laugh ………. We actually did re sign him the very next season , and the rest is history

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

:lol:

That's brilliant, miles better trolling than the usual suspects on here could manage.

21 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Saw that. Had to check whether it was a full moon.

Andy: Would love us to continue our Australian adventure and bring Jason Cummings to Tynecastle! Yes has history with Hibernian but a jambo during his younger years and who wouldn’t love to see the Cumdog back in the cinch.

Right, now you're all just at it.

:lol: 

Jamie Borthwick saying on STV that we have been speaking with Sheffield Wednesday again today.

Edited by steve123

fabienleclerq
16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

If £500K is all we had to pay, then we should; he will start paying off that fee in all sorts of ways and we won't lose out of it

The value of money is in having it to make it do what you need

I think SW need to know that they have adequate cover, if they do, they save a lot on his wages in the next few months

-

Our turnover is about £16m, I'm not sure 500k is an insignificant amount of money to chuck on a player we can get free in a few months. Add his wages aswell and it's money we can use elsewhere in the summer

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Our turnover is about £16m, I'm not sure 500k is an insignificant amount of money to chuck on a player we can get free in a few months. Add his wages aswell and it's money we can use elsewhere in the summer

Our turnover will be over 21 million next season 

fabienleclerq
Just now, johnking123 said:

Our turnover will be over 21 million next season 

Even so the point still stands, 500k (I'm just quoting the posters price) isn't insignificant to us for a player we don't need and can get free later.

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

£500k from now to the end of the season is the equivalent of £25k a week ! Add his wages in to that and you hit £30k a week. Senseless and irresponsible spending like that has long gone thankfully.

For those who didn't click on the BBC link...

Tried and tested for Hearts?

BBC SportCopyright: BBC Sport

The talk of this window has been Callum Paterson's potential return to Gorgie, but a few Jambos are looking back on a few former maroon men to come back, too...

Jake: I think what we have been missing is someone who can come off the bench and get goals out of nothing. A player who has been constantly hitting the back of the net this season is former Tynecastle Park favourite Craig Wighton. Hopefully Savage and Neilson are looking at a return for him given his form for Dunfermline lately.

Cherice: After the season ending injury to Craig Gordon, would love to see a backup keeper coming in. Zander Clark has done so well since deputising for Gordon, but worried we're lack in that department. Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis. Was well loved here last time following his loan spell from Man United.

Andrew: I’m all for giving people second chances and believe Aidy White deserves one with Hearts! Struggled for goals and assists at wing back and he’s someone who could come in and hit the ground running and secure third place. Would be a real statement signing and show the rest of the league we mean business.

Stuart: Would love for Hearts to bring Morgaro Gomis back to the club. Thought he was outstanding during his first spell and especially in the game on Sunday against Livingston which was 0-0 we missed that bit of creativity he could bring to set up chances

I think Joe Savage's job is safe...

😆

Edited by whodanny

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

For those who didn't click on the BBC link...

Tried and tested for Hearts?

BBC SportCopyright: BBC Sport

The talk of this window has been Callum Paterson's potential return to Gorgie, but a few Jambos are looking back on a few former maroon men to come back, too...

Jake: I think what we have been missing is someone who can come off the bench and get goals out of nothing. A player who has been constantly hitting the back of the net this season is former Tynecastle Park favourite Craig Wighton. Hopefully Savage and Neilson are looking at a return for him given his form for Dunfermline lately.

Cherice: After the season ending injury to Craig Gordon, would love to see a backup keeper coming in. Zander Clark has done so well since deputising for Gordon, but worried we're lack in that department. Would be happy to see Joel Pereira back at the club on a temporary basis. Was well loved here last time following his loan spell from Man United.

Andrew: I’m all for giving people second chances and believe Aidy White deserves one with Hearts! Struggled for goals and assists at wing back and he’s someone who could come in and hit the ground running and secure third place. Would be a real statement signing and show the rest of the league we mean business.

Stuart: Would love for Hearts to bring Morgaro Gomis back to the club. Thought he was outstanding during his first spell and especially in the game on Sunday against Livingston which was 0-0 we missed that bit of creativity he could bring to set up chances

I think Joe Savage's job is safe...

😆

That’s brilliant 🤣