*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

In terms of technical ability he is. 

Possibly but it takes more than just that to make a player. 

I'm not having a go at him, like I said I like him as a player.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If we were in Hibs or Aberdeens position, yes, in ours sit back and relax :)

Yup, like someone who has done their christmas shopping early, watching everyone else panic on December 24th.

Watching Hibs and Aberdeen panic is fun.

30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not his strengths, Smiths better .

Cp has other strengths, but imo defending and passing aren't up there.

They aren't his strengths like Smith, that is fair enough I suppose.

11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

:lol:

I didn't see that coming after him being linked to bigger clubs. 

While I'm here I'll add this. 

"Meanwhile, Neilson confirmed forward Stephen Humphrys would definitely be staying put until the end of the season as Wigan had until January 14 to recall him." 

Would have been good to have found that out a few weeks ago 😂

Where did the Alex Lowry chat come from?

Is there actually anything in it or it just another random shout with no substance or any kind of source

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Is there actually anything in it or it just another random shout with no substance or any kind of source

conjecture based on the huns making him available for loan.  Nothing else 

14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Think we were linked with him

I thought Lewis Neilson might have gone to Partick on loan for the rest of the season but McAvoy should work out to be a decent signing for them. A wee opportunity for us to keep an eye on him for when his Fulham deal runs out in the summer as well (if we are/were interested). 

4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Beale in the papers saying he might be going out on loan and needs to step up his game basically if he wants to stay at Rangers. Convo about whether or not he'd be good for us is all. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

conjecture based on the huns making him available for loan.  Nothing else 

Ah so not worth even talking about. Won't be coming here on loan and Rangers won't be selling him to us. Can move on from that one

Paterson will be a great signing. Don’t think anyone can dispute that. The only question is whether it’s worth the fee to bring him in now. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Beale in the papers saying he might be going out on loan and needs to step up his game basically if he wants to stay at Rangers. Convo about whether or not he'd be good for us is all

👍

Certainly would be good enough for us and so much potential. Only way Rangers would ever sell him is buying sticking in a huge sell on clause I'd say. The Old Firm hate strengthening other teams in the league though so would probably never happen.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pete Elliott said:

Paterson will be a great signing. Don’t think anyone can dispute that. The only question is whether it’s worth the fee to bring him in now. 

They both go hand in hand, if we all agree he's a " great signing " then he's worth the fee.

If some folk don't think he's great then they'll think he's not worth the fee.

Imo he'll not walk away from hundreds of £ in wages or clauses and we won't pay a lot for a player that we can manage without for 4 months who we can get for nothing.

Time will tell.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

👍

Certainly would be good enough for us and so much potential. Only way Rangers would ever sell him is buying sticking in a huge sell on clause I'd say. The Old Firm hate strengthening other teams in the league though so would probably never happen.

He destroyed us at Tynie on last day of last season albeit it looked like we were playing within ourselves with the final the week after. 

Can’t see him coming here in all honesty. I wouldn’t want to get cosy with them either. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, gov said:

Screenshot_20230131_134418_Samsung Internet.jpg

I like the last paragraph about knowing what we are going to do in the summer. On top of likely arrival of CP it sounds like an exciting summer window is on the horizon. Feels like each window is a step up in quality now.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

I’d like to have seen us try and get Billy Gilmour on loan. Haven’t seen his name come up much in the media the last couple of days. Would’ve thought he’d be going somewhere seeing as he’s not getting a game at present. 

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They both go hand in hand, if we all agree he's a " great signing " then he's worth the fee.

If some folk don't think he's great then they'll think he's not worth the fee.

Imo he'll not walk away from hundreds of £ in wages or clauses and we won't pay a lot for a player that we can manage without for 4 months who we can get for nothing.

Time will tell.

Not really. I think he’s a great signing but not worth the fee 🤠

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I’d like to have seen us try and get Billy Gilmour on loan. Haven’t seen his name come up much in the media the last couple of days. Would’ve thought he’d be going somewhere seeing as he’s not getting a game at present. 

He came on as a sub against Liverpool in the cup but hardly touched the ball in the highlights I saw. Sky gave him a six in the match ratings though. Don't think he will get much time in the league but I can't see him coming to us. He will end up in Govan in a year or two, that's my guess!

3 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Going nowhere sitting on the bench at Brighton. Needs a loan move to get his spark back I think. Whether we'd be a high enough level is another question but we'll have a pre-existing relationship with Davie Weir obviously, and maybe European football could tip things our way slightly. They've seen first hand what playing here has done for Alex Cochrane and Simms to a lesser extent - and hopefully they see Kuol doing well and going back down the road with a smile on his face too. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

How do you embed this from twitter? Whenever I try it turns into a horrific mess.

Very good point made by RN "you cannae get to a window and start panicking".  I think we have been there in the past and can see others in that position now.

Goldstone Wonder

34 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He came on as a sub against Liverpool in the cup but hardly touched the ball in the highlights I saw. Sky gave him a six in the match ratings though. Don't think he will get much time in the league but I can't see him coming to us. He will end up in Govan in a year or two, that's my guess!

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Going nowhere sitting on the bench at Brighton. Needs a loan move to get his spark back I think. Whether we'd be a high enough level is another question but we'll have a pre-existing relationship with Davie Weir obviously, and maybe European football could tip things our way slightly. They've seen first hand what playing here has done for Alex Cochrane and Simms to a lesser extent - and hopefully they see Kuol doing well and going back down the road with a smile on his face too. 

I didn't see the Brighton-Liverpool game as I was watching our game but from the WhatsApp group  of Brighton fans north of the border which I'm in he did very well when he came on and played a part in shifting the momentum.

Has played a couple of times now and played well but it's a hard shift to get past Caicedo or Eck MacAllister in the Brighton midfield. Caicedo won't be sold today but will almost certainly go in the summer, and I'd be surprised if Brighton can hold onto MacAllister, so I think Billy should bide his time there. 

12 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

How do you embed this from twitter? Whenever I try it turns into a horrific mess.

I just paste the link to the tweet and after a few seconds it embeds. It gives you the option to remove it and have it as just text but I just leave it.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I just paste the link to the tweet and after a few seconds it embeds. It gives you the option to remove it and have it as just text but I just leave it.

😂 I've no idea why doesn't work for me!

Cheers anyway :) 

9 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

😂 I've no idea why doesn't work for me!

Cheers anyway :) 

Click on the share tweet icon, then just select copy link. 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Click on the share tweet icon, then just select copy link. 

It was pasting as rich text rather than plain text, which was stopping it from embedding.

I'm a bloody sysadmin 😂 how embarrassing for myself.

Edited by Dallas Green

28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’ll be us done then.  Great window though. Three signings and Humphrys extending, I was worried their new boss would want him back. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

That’ll be us done then.  Great window though. Three signings and Humphrys extending, I was worried their new boss would want him back. 

He probably would have done tbh. Very astute of Savage to put down the 14th as an expiry date.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen there has only been one player signed for a Scottish Premiership club today, Aberdeen signed a keeper on loan from Ajax.

Do they have a DoF ? Making signings with no manager can’t end well. 

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen there has only been one player signed for a Scottish Premiership club today, Aberdeen signed a keeper on loan from Ajax.

Perhaps no surprise given the likes of Robinson and Martindale have been openly pleading poverty.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t think Humphrys extended, just confirmed Wigan missed the deadline to recall

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Perhaps no surprise given the likes of Robinson and Martindale have been openly pleading poverty.

:wonga:

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yeah they have a director of football, but he seems to be pretty anonymous as I had to double check if they had one. So they have signed two players since Goodwin was sacked.

14 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

It was pasting as rich text rather than plain text, which was stopping it from embedding.

I'm a bloody sysadmin 😂 how embarrassing for myself.

So we can take from that tweet that Humphrys didn’t even know about the recall date until Robbie mentioned it today :lol:

13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

So we can take from that tweet that Humphrys didn’t even know about the recall date until Robbie mentioned it today :lol:

Either that or he loves being a big tease.

19 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'm assuming he'd have been told to keep it off socials until robbie had mentioned it in the press conference today.

22 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I’m hoping Maloney didn’t know about it and tried to get him back this week hence it coming out. 😂

Edited by Dazo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Dazo said:

They do, apparently done every other job in the backroom at Pittodrie :lol: They needed a keeper, they have one thats played at a decent level in Netherlands, not much else they could do there really, loan, low risk

49 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That's what septic done/do, when popcorn teeth left they were still making signings then it came out he wasn't giving them tactical briefs just. Only reason they seemed to win was the value of players

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nothing is happening today is it

Dunno, I'm Mrs bazzas right boot HRT is on the good cycle.

42 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

39 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Barry Robson has been put in charge. They've signed a young defender on loan from Watford as well. Gorter (the GK) is a decent signing to be fair - he's meant to be very good. Assuming they've not been happy with Lewis' performances covering for Roos (and who can blame them). 

Was told Dundee Utd were interested in GMS but he's obviously injured so they're going for Marley Watkins. Got a hunch that GMS will end up there in the summer.