***Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I think it would be reasonable when there's about 50 left - it is a gamble though. The equation which would need to be done would be "Will we sell more exchanged tickets by releasing them early to compensate for losing a portion of the sale price of the 50 unsold tickets, which are unlikely to sell unless the match completely sells out (as they are by definition the worse seats inthe house)"

I can see why they might think it's not worthwhile but it is something they could experiment with I guess by doing it for one game and comparing the number of resold tickets which result - have to be for two very similar sales pattern games though

But in my suggestion the ST holder releases the seat and doesn't get a penny. unless all seats ((including released seats) are sold. If the released seats are the better seats then the club presumably sells  them at above the  average walk up price and above the ST price per game  so the club makes more. How could they lose?

(I now go to few games and view my ST as an increment to my FOH sub and a guarantee of a ticket for a cup final, title decider or a Europa Cup final!). 

Edited by Francis Albert

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If you go into e tickets it shows them there but not before 

Noticed that but says you need a reference number and password don't have them 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

If you’re an ST holder it’s on your ST card.

If not I’m not sure what you can do.

6 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

Correct, you need a reference number and password plus minimum 5 LPs to be able to buy a ticket for the Rangers game. There's currently 6 tickets showing in S and 37 in H. All other areas completely sold out.

I'm hopeful we can get something but also wary of how fired up both Celtic and Rangers were at Tynecastle last season.

We were 0-2 down to both early doors and, while we gave a good account of ourselves thereafter, the damage was done.

I think they'll come at us again and we must be prepared for that.

Tbf, we are starting games much better than we did last season.

2-2.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I'm hopeful we can get something but also wary of how fired up both Celtic and Rangers were at Tynecastle last season.

We were 0-2 down to both early doors and, while we gave a good account of ourselves thereafter, the damage was done.

2-2.

I actually fancy us to get a win here... just a feeling.

BTW, @martoon... I see you got a mention on SATF this week. Gary Mackay, who frequents JKB, can tell you're a 'proper Hearts man' just by the way younpost! 😆👍

scott herbertson
59 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But in my suggestion the ST holder releases the seat and doesn't get a penny. unless all seats ((including released seats) are sold. If the released seats are the better seats then the club presumably sells  them at above the  average walk up price and above the ST price per game  so the club makes more. How could they lose?

(I now go to few games and view my ST as an increment to my FOH sub and a guarantee of a ticket for a cup final, title decider or a Europa Cup final!). 

Yes I got that but don't think it would work

I don't think there have been many matches if any when all the seats have been sold including those  released?

So in effect it would amount to the same as we had before - release them and no cash back.  People l would then moan about it being a con!

18 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I actually fancy us to get a win here... just a feeling.

BTW, @martoon... I see you got a mention on SATF this week. Gary Mackay, who frequents JKB, can tell you're a 'proper Hearts man' just by the way younpost! 😆👍

You're making me blush, RD.

Great judge of character, oor Gary.

😃

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

You're making me blush, RD.

Great judge of character, oor Gary.

😃

👋 hi Gary! 🤣

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

For those getting the train there is a reduced train service on Saturday due to strikes. 

The only strikes at Tynecastle will be a  Shankland   hatrick. 

2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Correct, you need a reference number and password plus minimum 5 LPs to be able to buy a ticket for the Rangers game. There's currently 6 tickets showing in S and 37 in H. All other areas completely sold out.

So they won't go on sale for sure to the general public for any seats remaining? Awk that's a bummer 

No point turning up , Rangers have a bigger squad worth , we can't possibly win.

3rd place is as good as it gets according to Jim.

Never heard so much tosh in my life infact, that's a lie .

1 hour ago, Kearney13 said:

So they won't go on sale for sure to the general public for any seats remaining? Awk that's a bummer 

They are on general sale but only to Hearts fans with a buying history 

35 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No point turning up , Rangers have a bigger squad worth , we can't possibly win.

Jim? 

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The main hurdle in making ground up on the Old Firm and having ambitions to finish above them is the fact we play them 8 times a season. Thats 24 points up for grabs and we may pick up 6 or 7 points during a season if things go well, however with the budgets these teams have we will never stay close over a season unless there is a bigger league introduced. We need to be playing them only once at home and once away from home, until this happens or one of them go bust then 3rd is indeed the best we can hope for while the current structure is in place. 

That does not mean we can't start out the season wanting to win the league as i'm sure that's our aim before a ball is kicked and its what all fans, players and staff dream about and aspire to. There is however a reason why for 37 years only 2 clubs have won the top division in Scotland and its down to Finances and league structure, it will remain the same for the next 37 years unless one of those erse cheeks go pop or we get a larger top division.

We could be bought by some rich sheikh and turn in to the Man City of the North

Back on topic and i'm going for a 2-1 win against the blue cheek, Shanks and Kio on the score sheet for the Famous

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

chimpanzee_thumb_2x3.jpeg

how did you get a picture of me as a young 'un?!  🤣

@Boyces beard has pretty much summed up my thoughts.

3rd place for now  is indeed most likely to be as good as it gets - but has to be our aim for the next decade. Throw in good cup runs, dare I say some wins combined with European football too. After which, we'll have improved the quality and worth of the squad to give us a higher probability of achieving positive results v the bigot brothers. If a manager like Nielsen can't get a tune out of a team worth £7.5 - £10m - then it's time to part company.

aware I'm potentially helping to de-rail another thread, so happy to continue via DM to stop boring the life out of other folk :)

On 27/09/2022 at 14:27, BelgeJambo said:

Looks like around 112 tickets in total  in X,S and H for Rangers game

Slow sales, most of them still available this morning.  Surprising. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes I got that but don't think it would work

I don't think there have been many matches if any when all the seats have been sold including those  released?

So in effect it would amount to the same as we had before - release them and no cash back.  People l would then moan about it being a con!

How often have seats been released under the new scheme? As currently designed seats will only be released and available  a few hours before kick off if at all. I would estimate maybe as many as 250 to 500 ST holders don't turn up for any given game so there is a significant opportunity for the club to make some money. And attract more fans. Maybe the current return for release is too generous. Maybe it should just be a proportion of the difference between the cost of an ST seat per game and the cost of a walk up seat.

Psychedelicropcircle
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Slow sales, most of them still available this morning.  Surprising. 

Where do I find this information?

22 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

The main hurdle in making ground up on the Old Firm and having ambitions to finish above them is the fact we play them 8 times a season. Thats 24 points up for grabs and we may pick up 6 or 7 points during a season if things go well, however with the budgets these teams have we will never stay close over a season unless there is a bigger league introduced. We need to be playing them only once at home and once away from home, until this happens or one of them go bust then 3rd is indeed the best we can hope for while the current structure is in place. 

That does not mean we can't start out the season wanting to win the league as i'm sure that's our aim before a ball is kicked and its what all fans, players and staff dream about and aspire to. There is however a reason why for 37 years only 2 clubs have won the top division in Scotland and its down to Finances and league structure, it will remain the same for the next 37 years unless one of those erse cheeks go pop or we get a larger top division.

We could be bought by some rich sheikh and turn in to the Man City of the North

Back on topic and i'm going for a 2-1 win against the blue cheek, Shanks and Kio on the score sheet for the Famous

Post of the day. Completely agree 👍

4 hours ago, Kearney13 said:

You need to have a ref number with previous purchase history and at least five loyalty points to buy a ticket. Trying to ensure away fans don’t buy them. 
only other way is to get a mate who meets the criteria to buy one for you. Each member is allowed to buy one extra ticket n

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How often have seats been released under the new scheme? As currently designed seats will only be released and available  a few hours before kick off if at all. I would estimate maybe as many as 250 to 500 ST holders don't turn up for any given game so there is a significant opportunity for the club to make some money. And attract more fans. Maybe the current return for release is too generous. Maybe it should just be a proportion of the difference between the cost of an ST seat per game and the cost of a walk up seat.

Good questions and suggestions - sending them in to the club rather than posting them on here might get you the answers 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You need to have a ref number with previous purchase history and at least five loyalty points to buy a ticket. Trying to ensure away fans don’t buy them. 
only other way is to get a mate who meets the criteria to buy one for you. Each member is allowed to buy one extra ticket n

Don't think that's true now, 1 each

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

E-tickets 

But why not include the Rangers game in the list of tickets available for forthcoming games with a note of what is required to buy one. I looked at the site today and just assumed  there were no tickets on sale for this game.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Might just nip along anyway. TV is poor on a Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the advice though. 👍

Nelly Terraces

Glad all that international shite is out the way & we get back to the real deal.

Just get about these kants Hearts & give them a good doing.

HHGH. 

4 hours ago, martoon said:

2-2.

Yup, the OF have off days but they're rarely against us!!!

Be interesting to see how we line up.  3 at back with Neilson and King either side of Halks or just Halks straight in for young Neilson...

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeah noticed that. Asked him earlier he can't mind his details haha. Fuming 

scott herbertson
31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Can't remember how many times exactly but I'd guess 3 or 4. I checked back and the scheme operated for the D Utd game on 14th August. IIRC it was announced as sold out on the 11th, a lot of tickets went into the exchange and they didn't all sell. I can't see how your suggestion gives more revenue to the club in that scenario - quite the reverse surely as some of the original seats (in the corners, poor view etc.) just wouldn't sell at all?

22 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Glad all that international shite is out the way & we get back to the real deal.

HHGH. 

:robboyas:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dunno, if the players all hold hands, believe really hard, try really hard and just go for it we'll probably win 5-0.

That's all it takes, believing and having a go. 

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dunno, if the players all hold hands, believe really hard, try really hard and just go for it we'll probably win 5-0.

That's all it takes, believing and having a go. 

And youth players. 

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, the OF have off days but they're rarely against us!!!

Be interesting to see how we line up.  3 at back with Neilson and King either side of Halks or just Halks straight in for young Neilson...

Flattering, I suppose, that they up their game against the glorious Heart of Midlothian but I'd rather the buggers didn't. 😊 

I said 2-2 but if we're wide awake from ko I'm optimistic we can beat them.

01/10/2022 12:30pm Tynecastle Park

Referee:Steven McLean

AR1

David McGeachie

AR2

David Roome

Fourth Official

Alan Newlands

I'm not too confident this referee will make good decisions.   Just checking recent history, he's the referee that gave Aberdeen a penalty where Gordon saved it at Tynecastle.    The same game Brown fell over with no contact.    Not a player within two feet nearly.   He got a free kick. :facepalm:

Anyway I got a ticket yesterday so I'm looking forward to the action! 

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Good questions and suggestions - sending them in to the club rather than posting them on here might get you the answers 

Thanks. But would it not be more efficient for someone at the club (or FOH) to spend a few minutes skimming JKB (as the biggest Hearts fan forum) and just dismiss stupid ideas (including I suspect all of mine) and pick up on any that might be of interest. 

I don't post on here to get answers just to express an opinion)

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Can't remember how many times exactly but I'd guess 3 or 4. I checked back and the scheme operated for the D Utd game on 14th August. IIRC it was announced as sold out on the 11th, a lot of tickets went into the exchange and they didn't all sell. I can't see how your suggestion gives more revenue to the club in that scenario - quite the reverse surely as some of the original seats (in the corners, poor view etc.) just wouldn't sell at all?

Sorry my suggestions have morphed a few times. The last had no downside but arguably lacked enough incentive to release your ST. But it guaranteed the club would not lose. Anyway the discussion justifies trying out ideas on JKB before bothering the club!

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
49 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

HHGH. 

Agreed. Nice to see Gordon and Hickey doing well but otherwise. HHGH.

Ricardo Quaresma
19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. Nice to see Gordon and Hickey doing well but otherwise. HHGH.

Kingsley did well too