***Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Neilson is not getting the best out our players his tactics are shocking end of story 

To sum up.

He’s useless.

Sadly his job is safe in the long term.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Neilson is not getting the best out our players his tactics are shocking end of story 

What tactics in  particular shock you?

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's not football, it's mentalists on KB. 

Players have a bad game, it Neilson fault. Devlin gets a red card, who picked him though.

If Robbie gets all the credit for Riga and Motherwell he shouldn't be immune for criticism for days like today. 

Bungalow Bill

I don’t expect anything when we play the OF now. That’s not a dig at Neilson. Rangers striker got two today, they paid £4 million for him and he looks every bit a £4 million player. No way can we compete with that, absolutely no way. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Our throw ins are getting right on my tits.

Our set pieces are shite, whether we’re defending or attacking corners, free kicks or even throw ins.  Without Halkett, Rowles and obviously Souttar too we have nobody that dominates in the air. I honestly fear that we’re going to concede every time we defend a corner.  Need Gordon to start claiming more of them but he’s not going to start that at 39.

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

If Robbie gets all the credit for Riga and Motherwell he shouldn't be immune for criticism for days like today. 

I don't think he got all the credit for anything ever.

The difference today was that Sevco scored when they had a chance to. We didn’t. We had a golden chance to equalise, with Shankland unmarked, and we arsed it up. Then we were shortly 2-0 down and down to 10 men, and the game was over.

What concerns me is that we let them bully us in the first half. They harried us and let us have no time on the ball. That’s what we should have been doing to them.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Neilson had one of the longest throws I've seen outside delap who was at Stoke. Make use of it?

I remember us scoring from one of Neilson’s long throws.  But it is unusual to score from one as they’re generally much easier to defend against than a corner which can be whipped in with pace rather than lobbed up in the air. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I don't think he got all the credit for anything ever.

He did for some after Riga and Motherwell. Best manager ever and all that crap.

There's a medium - he's part of the blame for today and due credit for the previous two wins. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I don’t expect anything when we play the OF now. That’s not a dig at Neilson. Rangers striker got two today, they paid £4 million for him and he looks every bit a £4 million player. No way can we compete with that, absolutely no way. 

Other teams manage to compete more, even this season. 

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

There's a medium - he's part of the blame for today and due credit for the previous two wins. 

Think edinburgh star Saturday ams could skud Riga.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The manager refuses to play three in there when it’s required, match up against them and try to win individual battles. They out man us in there every time we play them and that’s 6 games in a year without beating them. 

Agreed, I think 4,2,3,1 is our best formation in games against the OF. We need to sacrifice some of our width, we can't expect to dominate in the middle of the park and get at them down either wing at the same time. We're just not good enough for that with just two in the middle. On today's showing the 1 up front should be Humphreys or Gino. They offer far more than Shankland in that formation. 

Rudi cant fail

I actually thought we weren’t that bad today. We started poorly and gave them a goal and that clearly had a big impact on the game. Before they scored the second we were passing the ball about well and had a couple of chances that we didn’t take and then they go 2-0 up. Cammys sending off was the killer, there is no need for him to do what he did and kills any slight chance we had if getting back in the game.

we do leave ourselves open at the back and that was punished today. To go 2 down to rangers or Celtic or any team for that matter leaves a massive mountain to climb. We are clearly missing rowles and halkett and that was clear from the two goals they scored in the first half. After is cammy was red carded it becomes a case of keeping the score down. It’s a silly challenge and completely unnecessary. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ok fair point , didn't argue my case we'll there. Just get fed up of the sack the manager, taken us as far as he can after getting a beating off a far superior team.

The one thing I blame Neilson for is not signing an adequate replacement for Halkett, our form was awful last season without him and it should ha e been addressed.

Well he signed Rowles who was looking very good but he, along with Halkett are both injured, probably our two first choices if we’re playing a back 4.  Neilson looks promising (not today though) but really needs Halkett playing beside him not a left back. 

Our defence looks awful but we’re unable to field our strongest defence.  Sibbick has been a huge disappointment too which hasn’t helped but yes, we needed another experienced CB.

2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Think edinburgh star Saturday ams could skud Riga.

You might want to look at the quite astonishing prices you are getting on various Istanbul markets on Thursday then!! 

gorgierulesapply88
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

You might want to look at the quite astonishing prices you are getting on various Istanbul markets on Thursday then!! 

Istanbul whereny aww that either. We capitulated after 55 minutes.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No they don't. Folk keep saying it and it's not true.

Folk just remember when they do drop points and they say why can't we do that. The OF drop points only when they don't play well and the other team gets lucky. They do not get beat just because the other team have turned up and played well.

Celtic have lost once in a year.

Rangers have lost one to Celtic and drew one other this season.

Just made up nonsense and a desperate need to make out we are awful.

Just now, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Istanbul whereny aww that either. We capitulated after 55 minutes.

A line of form showing that we beat Riga (and it should have been more comfortable) and how Istanbul dismantled us and indeed Fiorentina would suggest to me they should sweep Riga aside. We'll see, I guess. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

Folk just remember when they do drop points and they say why can't we do that. The OF drop points only when they don't play well and the other team gets lucky. They do not get beat just because the other team have turned up and played well.

Do you think Hearts should be the team in the league who most often competes over 90 minutes and take points from them? And please for the love of God don't reply with nonsense along the lines of 'they are more up for it against us'.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What?  St Mirren beat Celtic 2 weeks back and a pish hibs more than matched Rangers and drew.

Nothing is made up.  Use discarding games against them as an excuse all you want but its utter fact St Mirren and Hibs are ahead of us because they took points from the Glasgow 2 while we surrendered and got toyed with.   Check our team and budget and compare it to St Mirren ffs. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Bungalow Bill
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We’ll finish above those other teams. I honestly think the OF raise their game against us. 

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That’s just not true

every other club struggles against the old firm as much as we do, In there last 26 games v Celtic, Motherwell have lost 23 and drawn 3

Im almost certain, our records against the OF compare more favourably than every other club in this league, and I’ll admit our record is poor, 8 times out of 10 the OF will win, no matter who our coach is, wouldn’t matter if it was Klopp or Guardiola, and it’s got nothing to do with just having a go.

There spending power dwarfs every other club, and unless we find a Gorgie Abramovich, we are not getting near them, we can look to beat them in one off games, but it’s impossible to compete on a long term basis, I don’t understand what people can’t understand about this fact

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What?  St Mirren beat Celtic 2 weeks back and a pish hibs more than matched Rangers and drew.

Nothing is made up.  Use discarding games against them as an excuse all you want but its utter fact St Mirren and Hibs are ahead of us because they took points from the Glasgow 2 while we surrendered and got toyed with.   Check our team and budget and compare it to St Mirren ffs. 

So are you saying St mirren now have Celtics number ? 

Or is it Celtic dropped the ball for once. St mirren beating Celtic happens once every blue moon. We beat Celtic last season. Someone might do it next season.

You can't take the very very few times the OF get beat to prove a point and ignore the dozens of games they won easily.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, jbee647 said:

That’s just not true

every other club struggles against the old firm as much as we do, In there last 26 games v Celtic, Motherwell have lost 23 and drawn 3

Im almost certain, our records against the OF compare more favourably than every other club in this league, and I’ll admit our record is poor, 8 times out of 10 the OF will win, no matter who our coach is, wouldn’t matter if it was Klopp or Guardiola, and it’s got nothing to do with just having a go.

There spending power dwarfs every other club, and unless we find a Gorgie Abramovich, we are not getting near them, we can look to beat them in one off games, but it’s impossible to compete on a long term basis, I don’t understand what people can’t understand about this fact

Both Glasgow clubs have lost points to the teams directly above us and are above us because they gained points against them.

I'm not suggesting that will happen regularly but it's wee team mentality to just discard the games because if we do it will cost us.  We are 6th directly because of that. 

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Tbf I have not issues with folk asking questions - that’s what happens on a message board

just some folk like to moan about questions that can be answered with Google - quite petty really 

This is, probably, the least self-aware answer ever on this forum. FFS

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Thats fair enough.

I personally think we will, but maybe not with as big a margin as last season.

We badly need Halkett and Rowles to get back to full fitness and sort our defence out, do a bit of business in January and we’ll be fine.

We badly messed up in in the summer, should have had another CB in and a striker. Feel so sorry for Shankland, he's a penalty box striker. 

For me there's no one in that team that gets me excited, no Cameron or Hartley, a JC or a Mcann type.

Wee Barrie can be excellent, doesn't turn up in the big games I'm afraid.

At home and having one shot on goal, not acceptable.

Edited by feej

Naisys Tackle
Just now, jambopilms said:

So are you saying St mirren now have Celtics number ? 

Or is it Celtic dropped the ball for once. St mirren beating Celtic happens once every blue moon. We beat Celtic last season. Someone might do it next season.

You can't take the very very few times the OF get beat to prove a point and ignore the dozens of games they won easily.

Did I say that anywhere?

They dropped the ball/St Mirren took advantage.  It shows its not impossible and it was in the context of "we have played the glasgow 2 more than anyone" as if it can be used as some form of excuse. 

26 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

£1.8m 👍

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

We’ll finish above those other teams. I honestly think the OF raise their game against us. 

No they don't . why would they need to considering how we usually peform against them?

I hope we finish above them, not as confident myself as others are. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Did I say that anywhere?

They dropped the ball/St Mirren took advantage.  It shows its not impossible and it was in the context of "we have played the glasgow 2 more than anyone" as if it can be used as some form of excuse. 

But Celtic playing badly is out of st mirren hands.

If they don't play bad against us there is **** all we can do.

I knew the folk who think we should be winning would be having a tantrum

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

But Celtic playing badly is out of st mirren hands.

If they don't play bad against us there is **** all we can do.

I knew the folk who think we should be winning would be having a tantrum

They played poorly against us by all accounts.  Sadly we set the team up with a complete overhaul and wrote the game off before a ball was kicked. 

Sinbad the Sailor

This place🙄

Too many just don't get it and because they once won a game of FIFA they know better.

As soon as we lose a game its Robbie hate time.

£££££££££££  V ££

23 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

People are gong to have to revisit their budget chat shortly. They can't have it both ways. Yes the Old Firm have a much bigger budget than us which is fairly sighted as one of the reasons we nearly always lose to them. But the same people can't see that our budget is significantly bigger and increasing all the time over many of our competitors but still they routinely excuse our performances against them. As an example, the money we have already made from Europe alone this season is more than Motherwell and St Mirren's entire season turnover. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Nelly Terraces
32 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The difference today was that Sevco scored when they had a chance to. We didn’t. We had a golden chance to equalise, with Shankland unmarked, and we arsed it up. Then we were shortly 2-0 down and down to 10 men, and the game was over.

What concerns me is that we let them bully us in the first half. They harried us and let us have no time on the ball. That’s what we should have been doing to them.

The problem I have with Neilson is he doesn’t seem to realise that Sevco & Ceptic both come to Tynecastle & treat it like a big game where they put in maximum effort. I just don’t think he actually does. It should be the other way round though, do they have a better team overall than we do? Of course. But can we make a better match of it by not letting them settle, us working hard off the ball & getting ball forward quicker than we do? No question we can.

Today really was a case in point, though individually we were dreadful, and his record in these games is concerning.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I just wish we’d disrupt things more with quick throw ins, set plays etc.

You don’t need a £4m player to take a throw in quicker than Smith takes to allow the oppo to set itself up to defend a shitey floated throw in that my Gran could defend. 

And she’s been dead  20 years.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

This place🙄

Too many just don't get it and because they once won a game of FIFA they know better.

£££££££££££  V ££

What were your thoughts on the game and performance?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They played poorly against us by all accounts.  Sadly we set the team up with a complete overhaul and wrote the game off before a ball was kicked. 

Maybe we should have put the same weakened team out against Rangers today and given them a better game?!

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

This place🙄

£££££££££££  V ££

Give it a rest with the Robbie hate chat. There's literally none of that on this thread and is just another lazy excuse not to even debate what is being discussed. 

3 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

This place🙄

£££££££££££  V ££

Never played FIFA in my life, too much fixation on how much a player costs, for example Ajeti, £5m to Celtic, utter crap. I'm more concerned with our lack of organisation, communication and application. No leader on the park.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe we should have put the same weakened team out against Rangers today and given them a better game?!

Possibly.  Today was their most comfortable performance of the season. 

We didn't give Celtic a decent game either.  They scored early and went into stroll mode.  Motherwell today done better. 

allystrachan
46 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I’m the same, I don’t even look forward to games vs the OF. It almost just seems like a burden in the schedule. Great when you get a result though. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Give it a rest with the Robbie hate chat. There's literally none of that on this thread and is just another lazy excuse not to even debate what is being discussed. 

Yep, it’s the Hearts v Rangers match day thread and amazingly most want to discuss the match, player’s performances, managers tactics, etc.  Imagine that on a match day thread?  But some just want to slag off Hearts fans. 

1 minute ago, feej said:

Never played FIFA in my life, too much fixation on how much a player costs, for example Ajeti, £5m to Celtic, utter crap. I'm more concerned with our lack of organisation, communication and application. No leader on the park.

I think that's one of the truest statements posted today. Big Craig is a great servant to Hearts and I'll never doubt his commitment, but we need somebody up the park to be shouting, moaning, cajoling and just plain leading. Craig cannae do that from the other end of the pitch. Somebody needs to step up and take control, but are our boys too feart to take responsibility ?

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Too many folk bounce about from result to result and many on here just don't like Bob. 

A manager should be judged over a season or a longer period of time. 

55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What tactics in  particular shock you?

Looking at the team I felt positive didn’t take me long to feel negative why play McKay and Forrest and not utilise their ability feel sorry for shankland getting absolute no service 

Not overly impressed with Snodgrass as yet. Looks done to me. Happy to be proven wrong, but going down to 10 men & needing youth, legs & pace to try & cope with their extra man...... we bring on Haring & Snodgrass. The game was over, I get it, but will Snodgrass play a major part this season on the evidence seen so far, not likely sadly. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Looking at the team I felt positive didn’t take me long to feel negative why play McKay and Forrest and not utilise their ability feel sorry for shankland getting absolute no service 

So what tactics shocked you? 

The Grim Reaper
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Too many folk bounce about from result to result and many on here just don't like Bob. 

A manager should be judged over a season or a longer period of time. 

Managers are judged on performances and results. Stop making up shit. 
l