• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We should go as close to full strength as we can. Make changes later in the game if need be, but we have 2 weeks off after this. Getting a win would be a massive lift for us after winning on Thursday too.

Italian Lambretta
58 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

If I was Neilson I'd start with the Germanic midfield pairing, Kio and Haring. Devlin and Grant did a shift on Thursday and will have tired legs. 

Snodgrass will start this game 

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We should go as close to full strength as we can. Make changes later in the game if need be, but we have 2 weeks off after this. Getting a win would be a massive lift for us after winning on Thursday too.

Correct. 

So far Robbie has been over thinking what effect the midweek Euro games are having on the players and making far too many changes to the starting line up 

We need to be winning every individual battle. They are nothing but thugs and animals. They try and intimidate and there will be full on assaults all over the pitch. It’s their way and has been for years

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Snodgrass will start this game 

Can't imagine he'll have the legs for a lot of running about  but we should see  game intelligence, calmness on the ball, plenty of talking and instructions and a debut goal of course.

I know it's early in the season to say it's "a must win" game, but we really do need to win tomorrow. Sitting in third with a win, will look a hell of a lot better than if we lose, end up in 7th, with Rangers then our the next fixture. 

Hopefully Kio and Snodgrass gives us some fresh legs because no doubt Motherwell will start fast to see what we have got.

If Halkett was playing I would say win but without him we have the potential to lose really soft goals.

Gordon

Sibbick

Neilson

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Forrest 

Snodgrass

McKay

Shankland 

That is assuming Kio has been training with the team and is ready to start. If not, Grant starts with Kio getting a run. Just hoping Sibbick finds a position he can settle into. Rb in a four might suit him. Kind of think we need his height for a team like Motherwell. Smith might need rested. Humphreys could start but I think this rotation isn't doing Shanks any good. He needs games, he needs goals and he needs some support up front. 

Ex member of the SaS

A win any sort of win PLEASE! What a boost to the players if we can get a result. Will take a one nil but think it will be 2 or 3,  one. To Hearts.

4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This. No game for 2 weeks after this . 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Echo the general mood.

No rotation bringing on the weaklings.

Not saying that means no changes but we must play our strongest available team with the international break coming up.

I have no idea what our strongest team

currently is though. I just don’t want hangers on starting.

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Neilson

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Forrest 

Snodgrass

McKay

Shankland 

That is assuming Kio has been training with the team and is ready to start. If not, Grant starts with Kio getting a run. Just hoping Sibbick finds a position he can settle into. Rb in a four might suit him. Kind of think we need his height for a team like Motherwell. Smith might need rested. Humphreys could start but I think this rotation isn't doing Shanks any good. He needs games, he needs goals and he needs some support up front. 

I know the boys have had a tough game midweek but I'd be keeping as close to a settled defence and midfield as possible. Anyone with a bit of fatigue should still be ok for 50-60 minutes and then introduce some of the new faces to freshen things up.

That said I can see Humphrys getting a start ahead of Shankland. 

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Neilson

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Forrest 

Snodgrass

McKay

Shankland 

Not Sibbick 

Looking forward to seeing Snodgrass who I think will start along with Kio on the bench. Decent options now in midfield with these two added. Could do with one more central defender though 

6 hours ago, deejtee said:

Surely Snodgrass won't be starting. This is a tough venue and we need a tough team so I hope Atkinson and Sibbick are not starting.

A kind way to describe these clogger huddies 

They play one way and that is pelt it long for the wide men to chase and then cross it to big Van Veen

they are filthy thugs in the centre of midfield and defence but there is very little technical football coming from them in there …………… Snodgrass and Kio are both very good footballers so I would like to see them used to punch a hole through the middle

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Don’t tinker unnecessarily

Happy with a point tbh  

A point away to Motherwell is not something to be happy about, we should be winning these games all day every day and twice on a Sunday, especially with the current square of players we have !

I’ve got a good feeling about tomorrow - not got a great record at Fir Park recently but I think with the new guys on the team we will win with a bit to spare . 3-1 Hearts.

16 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

A point away to Motherwell is not something to be happy about, we should be winning these games all day every day and twice on a Sunday, especially with the current square of players we have !

Wee bit of a nineteen fifties geek factor about our squad, wouldn't have known that, you live and learn!

No tinkering. No rotating. Settled team please. The best teams in the world very very rarely rotate as much as we seem to be trying to do. 

2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Neilson

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Forrest 

Snodgrass

McKay

Shankland 

Totally agree, especially re Shanks.

20 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Wee bit of a nineteen fifties geek factor about our squad, wouldn't have known that, you live and learn!

Please expand?

44 minutes ago, Garvock jambo said:

In tenerife ( fanabee) any suggestions for a bar to see tomorrow's game with fellow jambos 

The Winchester 

Get a half piri piri roast whilst you're there!

Edited by Jeff

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hibs win hopefully proves motivation enough, two defeats there last season, be another hard shift all the same. 

Hard to know who will be fit including the new signings 

Great thing is, we have Kio and Snodgrass to come into this. Question for Robbie is, does he go with either or both from the start or bring them on later on?

I'd be tempted to see him start Snodgrass and give him 60 minutes or so. Barrie maybe due a rest? Don't want to burn the laddie out. 

Gordon

Smith Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Halliday

Forrest Snodgrass GMS

Humphreys

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Big game tomorrow.  Lose and we are bottom 6 with Rangers next then a tough trip to Killie in October. 

Win and we’re 3rd..👀

After 2 honking performances there last season, I'm not optimistic. A win is pretty important with a tricky October coming up though.

Hope Gino starts – feel like he deserves a run after a decent couple of performances in the last few weeks.

been here before
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are not fit or strong enough to get a result tomorrow after Thursday imo. Hope I am wrong.

No you dont.

Anyhow Pwincess, you going or sitting this one out for a change?