***Official Hearts - Motherwell Thread****

Lovecraft

3 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

I’m not overly confident on this one as our record isn’t too great there and we could be tired. I win would be class. 

Our record against Motherwell is crap, we certainly lost the last game I was at, in fact they wiped the floor with us, and I've lost count of the times I have gone there and come away disappointed. That's why I won't be going today and will be hoping for a hesgoal feed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

If there is gonna be changes or players rested it would be interesting to watch Hunphreys number 9, Snodgrass number 10. Some strength up top in those 2! 

I'm looking forward to this, I've always been an admirer of Snodgrass and I keep forgetting he's a Jambo now.

From what I've seen of Kio on YouTube, I'd like to see all 3 start today, I think there's potential for them to really bring a spark.

40 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Have u not been launched from here yet?

I remember your first few posts were calling Hearts fans Rangers supporters. I can't imagine you've contributed much in between then and now.

Can't remember any of your posts.

11 hours ago, Zico said:

Nope, visa denied due to Neilson/Savage/Budge incompetence. 

Why post utter shite when Hearts have already said he could make his debut today? 

Screenshot_20220918-105526_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a803569640f2e56fd170053ab44482bc.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Why post utter shite when Hearts have already said he could make his debut today? 

Screenshot_20220918-105526_Twitter.thumb.jpg.a803569640f2e56fd170053ab44482bc.jpg

He was having a laugh at the expense of the poster he was responding to

3 minutes ago, R9. said:

I wonder if Robbie will rotate today maybe see Clarke get his debut and Snodgrass.

I see Pep Guardiola didn't rotate much for their game yesterday and his team done a professional job in their bread and butter Premier League match.

Robbie Neilson should not be making so many changes, he should play his strongest team. Players can and should be able to play 2 games a week no problem.

Edited by DG_HMFC

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

I see Pep Guardiola didn't rotate much for their game yesterday and his team done a professional job in their bread and butter Premier League match.

Robbie Neilson should not be making so many changes, he should aye his strongest team. Players can and should be able to play 2 games a week no problem.

I don’t think it’s a fitness issue, I think it’s psychological. We used to talk about players being ‘jaded’ after playing midweek Euro games, presumably due to the need to step up their game to a higher level.  Nowadays players at top EPL teams play a high standard of team most weeks, and are more used to Euro games, so they are less likely to be thrown off. Our guys are Euro novices and play against some truly rotten opposition.

4 minutes ago, R9. said:

Spot on mate.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the line up came out and Sibbick , GMS , and Henderson appears again and they all starting.

This gives me the fear.

Sibbick I'm willing to show patience but I think GMS isn't good enough anymore. 

Shouldn't need to rotate anyone who didn't complete the 90 on Thursday.

Is Snodgrass ready for a start, has he had a pre season with someone?

been here before
26 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

I believe this is what youngsters today refer to as "a whoosh".

Actually, rotation shouldn’t be required as much, as I think the coaching / fitness staff look at accumulating games causing fitness issues, so players might be rested with not not just the previous game on mind, but games to come. That being said, the only players who have any games in the next couple of weeks are internationals.

If fit would like to see Kio and Snodgrass play. Neilson definitely deserves a start after his performance in Riga. Barrie McKay needs to build on his performance and hopefully really link up well with Shankland especially.

Strongest team every time, we want to be in the same position we are in now  when it comes to the new season. ££££££££🇱🇻🇱🇻

25 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I don’t think it’s a fitness issue, I think it’s psychological. We used to talk about players being ‘jaded’ after playing midweek Euro games, presumably due to the need to step up their game to a higher level.  Nowadays players at top EPL teams play a high standard of team most weeks, and are more used to Euro games, so they are less likely to be thrown off. Our guys are Euro novices and play against some truly rotten opposition.

Arguably, we had our mentally strongest players available playing on Thursday and guys like Devlin, for example, I’d trust to be properly applying themselves again today.  If physically ready, I’d slot in Snodgrass to add a boost on that front.

He’ll bring toughness and leadership. 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Arguably, we had our mentally strongest players available playing on Thursday and guys like Devlin, for example, I’d trust to be properly applying themselves again today.  If physically ready, I’d slot in Snodgrass to add a boost on that front.

He’ll bring toughness and leadership. 

Yeah I would also start him

if he’s fit and ready, same goes for Kio looks different to what we have and will be raring to go. 

Could be doing with a win but we tend not to do well at Fir park ... time to step it up but no prediction from me as every time I have been there we have been gubbed ! 

________________Gordon

Atkinson__Neilson__Kingsley__Cochrane

____________Devlin__Kiomourtzoglou

______Ginnelly__McKay__Forrest

______________Shankland

Bench:

Clark

Sibbick

Smith

Haring

Halliday

Grant

Mackay-Steven

Snodgrass

Humphrys

Gives McKay two runners on decent form either side of him to slip in behind, Smith looked dead on his feet the other night so a chance for Natty to get back up to standard. Would like to see Snodgrass and Humphrys get plenty of minutes from the bench

Corstorphine Jambo

There will be an obvious concern over the match fitness of Snodgrass and Kio - but you’re never going to get match fitness unless you play. I’d rather start them and see how much they can give.

Looking forward to seeing McKay link with Snodgrass. Thought McKay got some harsh criticism on here after Thursday. Time and again he drove us 40/50 yards up the park. Sure, it wasn’t his day with his final ball on too many occasions but seeing a Hearts player run at players (and beat them) hasn’t been a frequent sight for many a year.

1 minute ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

There will be an obvious concern over the match fitness of Snodgrass and Kio - but you’re never going to get match fitness unless you play. I’d rather start them and see how much they can give.

Looking forward to seeing McKay link with Snodgrass. Thought McKay got some harsh criticism on here after Thursday. Time and again he drove us 40/50 yards up the park. Sure, it wasn’t his day with his final ball on too many occasions but seeing a Hearts player run at players (and beat them) hasn’t been a frequent sight for many a year.

He’s a joy to watch when he’s in full flow and was at the centre of us making chances on Thursday. Didn’t always come off for him but he can causes defences huge problems the way he plays 

6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

________________Gordon

Atkinson__Neilson__Kingsley__Cochrane

____________Devlin__Kiomourtzoglou

______Ginnelly__McKay__Forrest

______________Shankland

Bench:

Clark

Sibbick

Smith

Haring

Halliday

Grant

Mackay-Steven

Snodgrass

Humphrys

Gives McKay two runners on decent form either side of him to slip in behind, Smith looked dead on his feet the other night so a chance for Natty to get back up to standard. Would like to see Snodgrass and Humphrys get plenty of minutes from the bench

Good looking team. 

I would worry about the right side a bit. Could do with one experienced player down that side. 

Would like to see Humphrys at 10 and Barrie in his normal slot. McKay lis most effective when he beats a man in a wide area and cut in to the 10 spot. Humphrys looks like he likes starting central and drifting wide to cut back in. Would make for natural rotation and fluidity. If it is Atkinson and Neilson together in defence, I’d maybe have Grant on the right to screen when required. 

10 minutes ago, adso7 said:

Apologies if covered elsewhere. Anyone know what the deal is with tickets today? Are they going to be selling at the ground or pay at gate?

I asked earlier but hadn't seen a reply mate, so I phoned them. Ticket hub outside the away stand and accepts cash or card payments. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I asked earlier but hadn't seen a reply mate, so I phoned them. Ticket hub outside the away stand and accepts cash or card payments. 

Cheers 👍

2 hours ago, CMc said:

This isn’t true though, is it?

1 hour ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Double whoosh!!!

30 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

We just can't be starting with GMS anymore, He offers nothing. Doesn't even make any impact as a sub nowadays. 

Too weak to play against the hammer throwers that Motherwell have.

The Mercer Takeover
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Robbie Neilson should not be making so many changes, he should play his strongest team. Players can and should be able to play 2 games a week no problem.

This

Same team, only swapping out Grant for Kio, McKay for Snodgrass and Ginnelly for Forrest.

We've then got plenty on the bench should it not click today for whatever reason.

Players need to start getting mentally conditioned to European football and you can't do that by rotating all of them every week.

3 minutes ago, feej said:

The way the table looks at the moment is surely enough motivation for the team to go out and get a win.

Yip the thought that the crap from the other side of the city possibly being above us after today should be all the motivation required to get the 3 points today. 

Captain Canada

I'd go for this starting lineup:

Gordon 

Atkinson Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Halliday

Gino Snodgrass McKay 

Humphrys 

I think we need a more physical presence in midfield and up front. 

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Yip the thought that the crap from the other side of the city possibly being above us after today should be all the motivation required to get the 3 points today. 

Hopefully the confidence is up after the other night, get the first goal and we'll win.