Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LochcarronJambo

Game tonite will take a fair bit out of us, just hope players can give it one good go, as majority will have couple weeks ‘off’ with international break

Captain Canada

It's a tough one after playing so late tonight. 

I hope we're able to freshen things up a bit in terms of the starting 11. 

I don't see any reason to risk Halkett. 

It would be nice to have our new midfielder available if he gets his work permit. 

Let’s give Halkett the opportunity to rest over the international break and hopefully he will be fully fit for the Rangers game.

Hoping Kio will have his visa issues sorted for the game at the weekend but not holding my breath.

Nice to have another option in Snodgrass in the squad, hope he is able to make an impact on Sunday, some fresh legs after a tough one tonight.

46 minutes ago, Barack said:

Prediction:

Hearts...3 (THREE) Motherwell...1.

Debuts, for Clark & Snodgrass. 

3-1 for me as well.

Bazzas right boot

2-2

I still think we give too much away from set pieces and cross balls at the moment. 

Will cost us points until we get Rowles and/or Halkett back. 

Midfield is much better without Pete in it as well. 

How we don't rotate too much. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Barack said:

Prediction:

Hearts...3 (THREE) Motherwell...1.

Debuts, for Clark & Snodgrass. 

You've spelt shree incorrectly. 

Haring, Forrest and Humphry's should be fairly fresh to come in.

Then Sibbick and Atkinson could also feature without playing last night.

And Snodgrass. If he's fit.

ScandinavianJambo
8 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

A point would be a good result before the break!

Nope we must win this to capitalise on yesterday. Winning breeds winning. 

This is where we have been letting our selfs down this season 

Need to be as at it for these games as we are for Europe

Any kind of win will be a great result

This will be a tough game as Motherwell are having an upturn with Hammell now in charge.

That said, if our attitude and work rate is correct, we’ll take care of them with something to spare.

Strongest available 11 to start and bring in the changes early if we can to allow for some rotation and minutes in the legs if those not featuring too much.

Snodgrass will hopefully have an impact, I expect he will be a revelation for us this season.

Hopefully not to much rotation in the side, it's a big game and one we really could do with getting 3 points in. Last game before the break as well so one last effort before a well deserved rest. Hopefully the back 4 remains as it finished last night, think it's important to get as much consistency in selection back there as possible. Felt we tightened up second half and dealt with set pieces well after a few horror moments first half. 

Does anyone know if there is a cash gate Sunday? 

I wouldn’t risk Halkett for this game. Give him the international break to get up to full speed. Plus Neilson deserves a spot after his performance last night.

Potentially bring Snodgrass in but keep the team pretty much the same and build on the good result.

Saying that I have a feeling Clark might start in goal. Don’t think he would have came if he thought he would be on the bench all year.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is where we have been letting our selfs down this season 

Need to be as at it for these games as we are for Europe

Any kind of win will be a great result

Like when we beat St Johnstone 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Like when we beat St Johnstone 

I do not think we were great against St Johnstone but we got the job done thankfully

Are you saying you think we have been good coming off the Euro games and back to the domestic competitions ? Personally I think we have looked less energetic and hungry against Kilmarnock and Livingston

Understandable that they are toiling to play two games a week with out standards dipping but I see no harm in admitting it and discussing it ............................... I am not about to go and stab any one over it 

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Still no word on Kio I take it, had actually forgotten about him :lol:

Ridiculous the amount of time it's taking

I think we might see something like .........................

Clark

Smith

Neilson

Kingsley

Atkinson

Devlin

Snodgrass

Cochrane

Grant

Shankland

McKay

Maybe Halliday Forrest and Humphrys to give to give Devlin McKay and Shankland a rest if it is needed after last night or to help them get over knocks

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not if he hasn't got the paper work through unless you have heard it's done?

I've heard it's done

Think we need to win the battle first half, then bring on attacking reinforcements for last 30. 

Lots of running, break up play at first, then total football for the last 30.

26 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

I've heard it's done

That would be nice ........................... add Kio to what we have available and you start to think we might have some decent options again

Hopefully we can build on last night, and kick on. Well are a different challenge though, and is  difficult game. Hopefully Gino gets a run now, it is hard for any player to get their confidence up when used so sparingly. He doesn't seem to fit the passing game model. But he worked his socks off last night, as if too prove a point, well done. We are often too slow to transition from defence to attack, and he is an out ball for McKay's killer pass, Cochrane can ping them too, even CG can release it quickly to him.

Edited by Skacelsid
Misspell

I'm sure most of the players will want to back up last night's victory with a game against Motherwell. I hope we don't make too many changes for the sake of it. Looking forward to Kio and Snodgrass playing at some point. Exciting times. 

Clark

Neilson

Sibbick

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Kio

GMS

Humphries

Snodgrass

Forrest

Strong team with plenty of rotation 

14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Clark

Neilson

Sibbick

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Kio

GMS

Humphries

Snodgrass

Forrest

this is the team I would put out on Sunday.  Give the Euro squad players a bit of rest while still being able to compete with most of the rest of our domestic league.

Gordon 

Atkinson Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Haring    Kio 

Forrest.   Snoddy    McKay 

Shankland 

3-1 Hearts. 

ColonelSanders

Away allocation is sold out, my dad just nipped to the tickets office and they had no tickets left 🙃.

Hopefully there will be some more for sale tomorrow or on the door...

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Clark

Neilson

Sibbick

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Kio

GMS

Humphries

Snodgrass

Forrest

10 changes 🤪

I'd like to stick with 433

McKay Shankland Gino

Haliday Devlin Grant

Cochrane Kingsley Neilson Smith

Clark for Gordon my only rotation.    He has to get a game before Rangers come about.   Just for match practice.    

Some obvious subs and one or two I'd like to see tried out as debuts. 

Atkinson for Smith.    Snodgrass for Haliday.    Not sure how technically good Kio' is but maybe him for Grant (C. Smith as well).  Haring for Devlin.   Forrest for Gino.   GMS for McKay.    Humphrys for Shankland.   

Plenty options in midfield now. 

Only potential problem is playing Cochrane and Kingsley in the same match.   If both take a knock and if Haliday takes a knock then the left side is vulnerable.    Obviously we just have to deal with it if it happens. 

I think it will be a standard draw.   Back after a European match.    Although, we have great options to take a win.   No reason not to unless we make mistakes. 

1-1 I'll go with. 

Edit.  Just thought.   Smith or Atkinson can play left back.   Smith especially.   Sibbick can cover right back.   So that's OK. 

😀 

Edited by HMFC01

16 hours ago, raider1874 said:

Going to take the wee man to his 1st away game I think, did I see there would be a cash gate?

Can anyone confirm this? I'd be interested in taking my boy as well since I live nearby.

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Can anyone confirm this? I'd be interested in taking my boy as well since I live nearby.

I have spoken to Motherwell on two separate occasions this week and they have informed me that they will be selling tickets from a pod outside the away end. Tickets will apparently go on sale from 1:30pm up to kick-off. 

13 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

I have spoken to Motherwell on two separate occasions this week and they have informed me that they will be selling tickets from a pod outside the away end. Tickets will apparently go on sale from 1:30pm up to kick-off. 

Much appreciated thanks