• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know langer came in at time we were broken but he looked hopeless.

like the look of that team today, hope we don’t get bullied as per usual through there. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Hopefully he'll operate between our penalty box and the half way line

We a desperate for a disciplined holding midfield that will sit in front of our centre backs and protect them. 

Leave wee Cammy to hare around breaking up play amd letting of hand grenades everywhere. 

Not sure what to expect tbh. Not sure if Kiomourtzoglou or Halliday will get further up most often. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure what to expect tbh. Not sure if Kiomourtzoglou or Halliday will get further up most often. 

Halliday 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Like I say if our scouting  is correct he should be a Brellier type player, because that's what we a desperate for imo

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Robbie said on the  radio they’ve asked him Kio to play further forward than what he’s used to.

3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Halliday 

Robbie said they have asked Kio to play further forward. Not sure if that’s ahead of Halliday or just to get us up the park more but was what he said in his BBC interview.

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Robbie said on the  radio they’ve asked him Kio to play further forward than what he’s used to.

This worries me, TBH. One of Robbie’s faults is that he likes fielding players out of their natural positions too much. Kio has waited weeks to make his debut, and now he’s thrown into a difficult away fixture and asked to do a job he isn’t used to. Which has ‘poor performance and instantly written off’ written all over it. Though I hope I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So in short we don't have a clue about Kio's role.

No we don't.  Robbie maybe putting up a decoy by saying that for the benefit of any opposition people listening in.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope he’s better informed than us. 

Here’s hoping so as well - the highlights reel I saw of him had him sat in front of the back 4 🤔

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

This worries me, TBH. One of Robbie’s faults is that he likes fielding players out of their natural positions too much. Kio has waited weeks to make his debut, and now he’s thrown into a difficult away fixture and asked to do a job he isn’t used to. Which has ‘poor performance and instantly written off’ written all over it. Though I hope I’m wrong.

Disappointed not to see Grant in midfield tbh. At least starting with him as a support to the front 3

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So in short we don't have a clue about Kio's role.

Midfield. Remember when that was its own position and not the "holding midfielder" or "attacking midfielder"?

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

No we don't.  Robbie maybe putting up a decoy by saying that for the benefit of any opposition people listening in.

I was about to day that at least Motherwell won't have much of a clue either. Hope Robbie is not trying to be too clever.

avhudtheteeshirt
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Professional players should be able to play in most positions without too much problem?

If you have to make changes to the team, then if they want to play then they adapt or another player will be chosen!

alicante jambo

Big game for us today. We need to get right behind the boys and get through this wee sticky period. Injured players will be back in a few weeks and if were within touching distance of 3rd even after the way weve been playing our squad should be good enough for 3rd. Mon the gorgie lets do this.

52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gino defo deserved a start but might have had a knock or something, we don't know. 

It's a must win for us imo hence the strong XI. 

They are all must  win games.

we should be starting our strongest possible every week.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Midfield. Remember when that was its own position and not the "holding midfielder" or "attacking midfielder"?

That will do me. I remenber when players did both holding and attacking!