***Official Hearts - Motherwell Thread****

Lovecraft

34 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We need a win imo. 

We need to win every game. Tomorrow is no different.

Expect some, but not wholesale changes. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Clark, Snodgrass & Kio.

One big performance and result and the players can then have a much deserved rest.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Dan

• neilnunb

• iantjambo

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are not fit or strong enough to get a result tomorrow after Thursday imo. Hope I am wrong.

We've got Kio and Snodgrass to come in, plus Forrest was on the bench, 

There is depth in our attacking options. Sort of. 

Fingers crossed though yeh.

Just now, OTT said:

We've got Kio and Snodgrass to come in, plus Forrest was on the bench, 

There is depth in our attacking options. Sort of. 

Fingers crossed though yeh.

Is Kio available yet? Hope so.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think so, his visa got confirmed this week I believe, I'm really hoping he's a more dynamic Peter Haring. I.e can play forward balls and carry the ball forward. 

I think we've got too many negative passers in the team. We need a bit more risk taking and willingness to get on the ball and drive forward. 

Just now, OTT said:

I think so, his visa got confirmed this week I believe, I'm really hoping he's a more dynamic Peter Haring. I.e can play forward balls and carry the ball forward. 

I think we've got too many negative passers in the team. We need a bit more risk taking and willingness to get on the ball and drive forward. 

What infuriates me is that being defensive does not suit us. We are a very decent attacking team when we attack. 

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are not fit or strong enough to get a result tomorrow after Thursday imo. Hope I am wrong.

If only we had a few new signings to freshen things up...

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Was pleaaed to read that Halkett will not play.  Now has two full weeks to recover.  Hope Neilson does well again.

Yeah, he's too important to lose by risking him. 

I hope Smith is fit enough to manage another 90 minutes. We need his experience to support Neilson through the game. 

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What infuriates me is that being defensive does not suit us. We are a very decent attacking team when we attack. 

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is Kio available?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Visa wise, yes. Fitness wise, no idea.

Well considering our whole squad is apparently horrendously unfit it won't matter if he's fit or not, surely?

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

After 2 honking performances there last season, I'm not optimistic. A win is pretty important with a tricky October coming up though.

Hope Gino starts – feel like he deserves a run after a decent couple of performances in the last few weeks.

No point dropping players who hit a bit of form. Gino definitely deserves to be given the chance to build on Thursday's performance. 

Would also start Humphrys. Lad is getting up to speed and won't be bullied by these thugs. Bit of height to help defend our box, something we've been poor at physically.

Snodgrass to start between the above two, with Shanks in front.

Hard to drop Barrie to the bench but he seems a bit jaded at the moment. Great option to bring on later. 

Kio played 3 league matches for his Dutch team this season (albeit over a month ago) but he must have done a pre-season. Hopefully see him at some stage.  

Getting the defence sorted will be key to getting a result. Lots of options but without fully fit Rowles and Halkett it's just not quite as solid as we would like.

Neilson deserves to continue in the team, but will be targeted by Well due to his inexperience. 

Really want Sibbick to come good. He's had a sticky patch but I'm sure there's a player there somewhere. Just not at RCB at the moment.

Tough choices for Robbie. Let's hope he gets them right. 

Hopefully lessons learned, play our best available team, changes to a minimum… start well score early and then rest anyone once we are comfortable!

but it’s an away game, at Motherwell… so mostly likely we’ll be crap and get humped.. lost the last 5 at Fir Park!

3-1 to the famous, 3 points and back into 3rd, only 3 points behind the blue noses, with them up next after the international break, joint 2nd would be tremendous after the next 2 fixtures.

HHGH 

2 hours ago, Jambomb said:

but it’s an away game, at Motherwell… so mostly likely we’ll be crap and get humped.. lost the last 5 at Fir Park!

Would love to say I think we'll win but can't see past another typical Fir Park performance unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong 🤞🏻

Edited by Arthur Morgan

I don’t expect many changes with it being the last game before the international break. I think Neilson for Halkett, maybe Atkinson for Smith. Think Ginnelly will keep his place and the rest are possibly what Robbie finds our best fit XI right now.

Jambof3tornado

Regularly shite through there,squad rotated again even though break coming up,that said still buzzing from thursday so a well earned 3-2 for the men in maroon.

If there is gonna be changes or players rested it would be interesting to watch Hunphreys number 9, Snodgrass number 10. Some strength up top in those 2! 

I also think we will mix it up a bit.  I think Snodgrass will definitely start .  Motherwell will shell balls at neilson and Kingsley for van been to put them under pressure so think we will in the form of height in the midfield.

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think Shankland will score a hattrick, in a 0-5 demolition job. We've just got our swagger back. 

:yas: Easy!

Top man.  

7 hours ago, stuart500 said:

No point dropping players who hit a bit of form. Gino definitely deserves to be given the chance to build on Thursday's performance. 

Would also start Humphrys. Lad is getting up to speed and won't be bullied by these thugs. Bit of height to help defend our box, something we've been poor at physically.

Snodgrass to start between the above two, with Shanks in front.

Hard to drop Barrie to the bench but he seems a bit jaded at the moment. Great option to bring on later. 

Kio played 3 league matches for his Dutch team this season (albeit over a month ago) but he must have done a pre-season. Hopefully see him at some stage.  

Getting the defence sorted will be key to getting a result. Lots of options but without fully fit Rowles and Halkett it's just not quite as solid as we would like.

Neilson deserves to continue in the team, but will be targeted by Well due to his inexperience. 

Really want Sibbick to come good. He's had a sticky patch but I'm sure there's a player there somewhere. Just not at RCB at the moment.

Tough choices for Robbie. Let's hope he gets them right. 

Agree with a lot of that.  I just think he needs to stick with the players who are giving us intensity in their game just now. Ginnelly, Halliday(if still feeling fresh) Devlin, Shankland(not playing too well but keeps ploughing away).

Grant returned to play well. McKay did wake up after half an hour on Thursday and made important runs taking us up the park.  

I’m just not a rotation fan when it’s not really needed. Some managers rest players thinking ahead of other games too much, not necessarily when the player is actually fatigued at that time.  I do think there’ll be a couple of changes like you say but worthwhile. 

It’s the kind of game Snodgrass will bring toughness to that we need, as well as his ability.  

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

you just can’t wait for a defeat. You can then release all your rage from the last few days.  You must be due another rant at Ann Budge by now.

Take it your going today ?

Gordon

Atkinson Smith Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Kio Haring

Snodgrass Shankland McKay

0-1 Hearts

May well see Atkinson and Devlin rotated with them due to fly off on Australia duty.

Need to try keep momentum from Thursday so don’t want a lot of rotation but guess fitness/recovery will dictate

No brainer to give a Snodgrass and Kio their debuts

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I think it will be

Gordon

Smith        Neilson     Kingsley

Atkinson              Devlin          Kio              Cochrane

Snodgrass

Gino                                     

Shanks

Subs:  Clark, Sibbick, Haring, Grant, Forrest, McKay, GMS, Humphreys

Tough game in a Shithole. 

Lots of changes, insipid performance and a potential win, possibly a draw but the likely outcome is a defeat. 

22 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Lots of changes, insipid performance and a potential win, possibly a draw but the likely outcome is a defeat. 

So a win, a draw or a defeat? Sure you don’t want to chuck match abandoned in there to be on the safe side? 😀

I know what you mean though. It’s a tough game after Thursdays effort. 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

this

26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Have u not been launched from here yet?

I remember your first few posts were calling Hearts fans Rangers supporters. I can't imagine you've contributed much in between then and now.

[This is why I’m not a football manager]

Rest Gordon and Smith, although Smith might have to play CB between Neilson and Atkinson with Kingsley

Kiomo, Haring, McKay, Forrest

Snodgrass and Shankland in any set up that works

Captain Sausage

Would be brilliant to get 3 points and boost morale around the place going into the break. 

A win and we’d be sitting third place, in spite of the twice a week schedule. 

Id expect to see Kio, Snodgrass and Humphrys in from the start for some freshness. 

Last time we played on a Sunday after Europe, we won. Albeit we made it hard on ourselves against St. Johnstone. My only fear is Motherwell have had a lot of time to rest and work on the training ground for Hammell to get his ideas across. Whereas we’ll likely have to make a good number of changes and maybe only had one session on the training pitch since Thursday.

Was one out when I predicted 0-5 to Istanbul, was (thankfully) wrong when predicting a 0-0 draw against RFS. This one is a tough one to call though. Not sure if we’ll revert to league form or we’ll see confident players playing confidently. My head says 0-0 or 1-1, my heart says 3-0 Hearts with Humphrys getting his first goal for the club.

Just now, Swanny17 said:

Gordon

Smith

Neilson

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Grant

Gino

Snodgrass 

McKay

Shankland 

I like it. I don’t think Snodgrass will start and if he’s fit enough, I’d go with Halliday beside Cammy and Grant in the ten. Hope we start in this shape.

33 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I think it will be

Gordon

Smith        Neilson     Kingsley

Atkinson              Devlin          Kio              Cochrane

Snodgrass

Gino                                     

Shanks

Subs:  Clark, Sibbick, Haring, Grant, Forrest, McKay, GMS, Humphreys

I can't see any reason for dropping Grant, who was outstanding on Wednesday. I don't think Kio or Snodgrass will start and McKay is sure to start along with Haliday. 

Possibly;

Gordon,

Smith,       Neilson, Kingsley, Cochrane

Devlin                 

Grant,  Halliday

Gino                                                   McKay

Shanks

10 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Was it clearly another hammy tweak for Halkett? Had that been confirmed?

Was the same hammy and yes it’s been confirmed. He’s having another two weeks out to rest it. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Motherwell are a nothing team. If we turn up today we win. Very big If!!

I wouldn’t be changing too much for changing sake. The players should be going into this confident on the back of a good performance & win on Thursday.