***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They will and Halkett and Rowles strengthens the defence. 

Yep,  we need to stop arsing about and play our best available 11 in every game and feed un our better players as they return from injury. 

Robbie is over thinking things and looks totally lost atm.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

colinmorewasgash

Fitness strength pace height physicality run by good manager and millionaire owner. We are a smallish side even for premier league they were far superior who knows if haring had scored might have least put up a fight. What I noticed on saturday was size strength pace off some of the livvy players compared to ours, tonight was similar but they had far more ability. Tonight they had top players driving from midfield yes attacking players from midfield what a joy to watch a team do that cause we certainly don't seem to want that type in our team apart from mckay yes their players are far better. Forrest was a star in livvy team and looks lost with us wonder why. Our pressing teams is also pathetic as we seem to sit far too deep.

Post match their manager said my players were very well organised and very well motivated. 

Complete opposite of ours. All Robbie can say is "it's a learning curve for us all".

Maybe time to consider something different Hearts.

Walter Bishop

2 games in a row we have been unable to compete physically. Our players looked knackered after 15 mins. They had more quality but minimum you expect is effort, which was sadly lacking tonight from most. 

It also looked like we didn’t have a plan, players sat off and let them play until crowd got on their backs then we seemed to press. 

Poor all round, players, management and fans. 

Horrible, unenjoyable night at Tynecastle. 

wattie exploited

since the split our form has been utter gash  not winning a game in the split .getting humped in the final with not one shot on goal unacceptable really !

now out of the league cup at home with out a shot at goal again unacceptable !

Aberdeen beat livi   5-0 but they beat us again 1-0 with zero shots on target !

what has happened to us ? our midfield is useless right now and we cannot defend corners it seems !

and our forwards have forgotten were the goals are it seems ! 

our form right now is bottom 6 form and Nelson needs to get the team going as the last few months has been rotten the players seem to not know what they are meant to be doing :whistling:

Embarrassing to be a Hearts fan tonight with that display during the minutes silence. Don’t care what folks beliefs are it seems our fans will boo anything other than one of our own. Was the same when the pope died some people need a long hard look in the mirror.

Missing too many big players right now and acted too late in (and out) the transfer window. Boyce being injured has killed our attack with Shankland needing to come deep or go wide to get a touch of the ball.

Malinga the Swinga
51 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I thought they were fantastic and we were poor but sometimes you just have to accept that. They were miles ahead of us in terms of shape, movement, use of the ball, first touches etc I was gutted leaving Tynecastle after going out to Maltese part-timers, I am not gutted tonight.

The mindset of our support that we should be challenging these teams is just daft. They have better players, are high in confidence and were by a mile better than either of old firm clubs.

They got better when they brought the number 55 guy on at the back and he strolled game. That though, is why he and his colleagues earn about £1m a year and more while our players don't.

Sorry, but screaming at Neilson is pointless tonight, he can only play the guys we have and tonight, they gave 100% effort but came up short.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, feej said:

Post match their manager said my players were very well organised and very well motivated. 

Complete opposite of ours. All Robbie can say is "it's a learning curve for us all".

Maybe time to consider something different Hearts.

It is a learning curve for us all FFS.

What do you think it is? We haven’t played this quality on group stages European football for 17 years.

You can’t just turn the “Euro experience” tap on with no experience.

Seriously start thinking before you speak.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Anybody know where I can find Okakas weight workouts?

He was a big lad, that's for sure. Could play a bit as well. Shame he's on about 6 or 7 times more than we can afford.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed!  But I think Halkett and Rowles together will make a huge difference IF they can both get fit.

They will but we need one more centre back with some experience. Kingsley is bang out of form and probably needs to move to LB or LWB.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He was a big lad, that's for sure. Could play a bit as well. Shame he's on about 6 or 7 times more than we can afford.

Aye fantastic forward 

They were a level above us especially when we are missing so many key players. The frustration for me was the goals conceded so preventable. Haring was miles off it tonight and too slow. The speed of their passing and movement was too drawer. We just lack pace in every position and really had 4 full backs across our defence. 

They were a level above us especially when we are missing so many key players. The frustration for me was the goals conceded so preventable. Haring was miles off it tonight and too slow. The speed of their passing and movement was too drawer. We just lack pace in every position and really had 4 full backs across our defence. 

Right, here’s the thing, I predicted a 5-0 loss before the game because the quality they can afford in their ranks. That being said, that loss was not from anything they did, but our own undoing.

They may very well be a quality side, but they didn’t need to show it. Every goal was avoidable or a result of a mistake we made. (Even the first being a great strike, but the no.3 had it in that area because of what we did wrong)

We were terrible. They didn’t make us look terrible, we just were/are. We had opportunities and wasted them all. They maybe are more clinical than us, but let’s not act like they gave us a lesson like Madrid did Celtic or Ajax did Rangers.

Maybe if we turned up or took the lead with Haring’s chance we could have seen what Istanbul were capable of. But in the end we let them treat it like a training match as we offered nothing and provided them opportunities on a plate. Still, I’m weirdly not angry or anything, as I expected this humping weeks ago. I just expected them to have more to do to get it.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Well that was poor.

2 or 3 very good chances and with a bit of composure we get at least one.

No standouts this evening. Devlin did alright.

Istanbul were much better than us and a big step up in quality. I worry for the Fiorentina match and RFS might not be such a push over as we think.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, here’s the thing, I predicted a 5-0 loss before the game because the quality they can afford in their ranks. That being said, that loss was not from anything they did, but our own undoing.

They may very well be a quality side, but they didn’t need to show it. Every goal was avoidable or a result of a mistake we made. (Even the first being a great strike, but the no.3 had it in that area because of what we did wrong)

We were terrible. They didn’t make us look terrible, we just were/are. We had opportunities and wasted them all. They maybe are more clinical than us, but let’s not act like they gave us a lesson like Madrid did Celtic or Ajax did Rangers.

Maybe if we turned up or took the lead with Haring’s chance we could have seen what Istanbul were capable of. But in the end we let them treat it like a training match as we offered nothing and provided them opportunities on a plate. Still, I’m weirdly not angry or anything, as I expected this humping weeks ago. I just expected them to have more to do go get it.

I agree with back of the net. They may be a level above us but tonight they didn’t have to get out of first gear. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It is a learning curve for us all FFS.

What do you think it is? We haven’t played this quality on group stages European football for 17 years.

You can’t just turn the “Euro experience” tap on with no experience.

Seriously start thinking before you speak.

FFS yourself, the point being is that we aren't organised and don't appear to be motivated. They're the basics you take onto the park. 

Reminded me of when Spurs came up and brushed us aside. Bigger, faster, better ball control and passing. Totally expected but depressing nevertheless 

Psychedelicropcircle

Did Gordon give a speech about showing we belong at this level ? Just I read another team’s captain say similar after they got hosed😛

LochcarronJambo

Always knew the Turks would be a cut above & they were, but Hearts were not good, from the moment Forrest jumped out of the way for their first goal in case the ball hurt him… there was no belief from the players & some of them were woeful & appeared to give up… technically inferior aswell as physically, i accept, but we didnt contest the game with any real fight, a real drain to watch…. I know we got injuries right now but f me, we allowed them to play how they wanted. The tactics & set up of the team from the Manager absolutely clueless ….. if we are not careful we could start to slide down the league….all round very depressing

Genuinely not sure I was watching the same game as some punters on here.

Did we get pumped? Yes.

But…

We didn’t have a recognised CH on the field, and it showed. We’re missing Halkett and Rowles in big big way. 

Would they have changed the outcome? Probably not.

But…

I don’t think we played badly. Devlin played out his skin, Haring did OK, McKay tried his damndest, Humphrey’s looks like he’s growing into it. I thought there was quite a few positives. 

Also, that team is full of monsters and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s dripping with manky manky cash.

the game reminded me of the 5-0 spanking at Ibrox last season when Dee Hun ran over the top of us.

That Stefano Okaka is a decent age, but looks like he could bench press our midfield and he’s class. He’s got caps for Italy. 

They had Bertrand Traore in their squad and the last time he made a move the price tag wa about £15 million quid. 

They’re a good few levels up and we’ve got injuries to multiple very important players. 

Edited by chimpto
Spelling mistakes

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, chimpto said:

Genuine not sure I was watching the same game as some punters on here.

Did we get pumped? Yes.

But…

we didn’t have a recognised CH on the field and it showed. We’re missing Halkett and Rowles in big big way. 

But…

I don’t think we played badly. Devlin played out his skin, Haring did OK, McKay tried his damndest, Humphrey’s looks like he’s growing into it. I thought there was quite a few positives. 

Also, that team is full of monsters and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s dripping with manky manky cash.

the game reminded me of the 5-0 spanking at Ibrox last season when Dee Hun ran over the top of us.

That Stefano Okaka is a decent age, but looks like he could bench press our midfield and he’s class. He’s got caps for Italy. 

They had Bertrand Traore in their squad and the last time he made a move the price tag wa about £15 million quid. 

They’re a good few levels up and we’ve got injuries to multiple very important players. 

Agreed, but according to experts on here, all we needed to do was 'get in their faces' and they would have crumbled.

Surprised no football managers have ever thought of that.

Jambo in Yorkshire

We suffered the worst defeat in the ECL tonight and were one of only two teams to lose at home.

Other sides played superior teams but still managed to get something out of the game

2 hours ago, south morocco said:

I thought this too. They were superior to us in quality. Faster and  sharper etc. I was disappointed we never managed to score but hey ho. 

People need to remember that we are playing some of the best teams in Europe and not the likes of St Midden or Hubz. Personally I am far more concerned about defeats to the likes of Livi and our very poor play against other minnows in the SPFL.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

**** me, this fan ownership has really pickled some heeds. 

Why are we putting money in 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's shite, spent £250m in 1 window and gets beat in Europe anaw. 

Robbie Levein it is then 🥸🥸🥸

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Why are we putting money in 

I put money in because I want to. 

Why do you? 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

We suffered the worst defeat in the ECL tonight and were one of only two teams to lose at home.

Other sides played superior teams but still managed to get something out of the game

What's your point? 

Jambo in Yorkshire

What's your point? 

We underperformed, looked lost, didn’t compete, didn’t you notice.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

We underperformed, looked lost, didn’t compete, didn’t you notice.

It happens. 

What relevance are the other results? 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I put money in because I want to. 

Why do you? 

I put money into the club to make this club stronger and a major player in Scotland we are moving backward

52 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Always knew the Turks would be a cut above & they were, but Hearts were not good, from the moment Forrest jumped out of the way for their first goal in case the ball hurt him… there was no belief from the players & some of them were woeful & appeared to give up… technically inferior aswell as physically, i accept, but we didnt contest the game with any real fight, a real drain to watch…. I know we got injuries right now but f me, we allowed them to play how they wanted. The tactics & set up of the team from the Manager absolutely clueless ….. if we are not careful we could start to slide down the league….all round very depressing

That last 15 mins or so should be getting played back to them over and over again. Genuinely don't think I've seen a team so blatantly take the p*ss by showcasing their technical ability. All of our "pressing" was half hearted. They made it look like a kick about at the end of a training session.

SectionDJambo
36 minutes ago, chimpto said:

Genuinely not sure I was watching the same game as some punters on here.

Did we get pumped? Yes.

But…

We didn’t have a recognised CH on the field, and it showed. We’re missing Halkett and Rowles in big big way. 

But…

I agree. 
We looked a bit scared at the start but gradually worked our way into the match. They seemed to have a weakness through the middle, which we almost exploited a couple of times in the first half. Maybe playing Ginnelly through the middle could have worked.

Istanbul are a very good team. Just because most of us wouldn’t have heard of them, doesn’t mean they aren’t a good team. They are top of the Turkish league with great financial resource.

What we need to do now, in my opinion, is concentrate on our domestic season, to qualify again, but enjoy, and learn from, the experience of European football so that we may do better next time.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Thought, yet again, Cammy was decent. He's been the only player this season to be consistent and look like he cares.

He tackles, he blocks, he gets around the pitch. Unfortunately he only lasts 70 minutes and does nothing creative. I know that's maybe not his job, we all need a destroyer but our midfield is sadly lacking and delivers nothing of real quality for our front line. He showed up well against Zurich mainly because they were happy to sit in, concede ground & counter attack us. Haring, Devlin & Halliday all very one paced sadly. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I put money into the club to make this club stronger and a major player in Scotland we are moving backward

No we aren't 

Demotion-championship - 3rd.

Definition of Forward and becoming stronger. 

What's the point?

It is not the defeat - against a technically and physically superior team - but the manner of the defeat which rankles.

Those of you of a certain age will recall the swashbuckling European performances  at Tynie in the past, where we took the game to better opponents and in some cases we achieved results.  At other times we gave it our best shot.

Tonight I saw no fight, I saw no desire to take the game to them, to up the tempo and press them, to try and make a game of it  - This is Tynecastle!!!.

Instead I saw a team devoid of ideas, no confidence in its own ability, no intensity, happy to stand off them with the inevitable result.  There were spasmodic periods when did get at them but we then went back into our shell.

And as for the second half - as it has been in the last few games - we just fell apart.

I believe our players are capable of better performances, but our management team seem unable to raise confidence.  And when you put out a team with only two forwards and with the number nine isolated up front, what does that tell you.

No we aren't 

Demotion-championship - 3rd.

Definition of Forward and becoming stronger. 

We are regressing this should have been a year to push on but the board decided to reward a contract to a manager not proven in Europe, Neilson has put European football before the bread and butter of the league, wrong decision European football was a free hit a chance to make money now I think we will be lucky to finish top 6

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree. 
We looked a bit scared at the start but gradually worked our way into the match. They seemed to have a weakness through the middle, which we almost exploited a couple of times in the first half. Maybe playing Ginnelly through the middle could have worked.

Istanbul are a very good team. Just because most of us wouldn’t have heard of them, doesn’t mean they aren’t a good team. They are top of the Turkish league with great financial resource.

What we need to do now, in my opinion, is concentrate on our domestic season, to qualify again, but enjoy, and learn from, the experience of European football so that we may do better next time.

There was nothing enjoyable in watching this.  So much for the swashbuckling Euro nights on the past.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We are regressing this should have been a year to push on but the board decided to reward a contract to a manager not proven in Europe, Neilson has put European football before the bread and butter of the league, wrong decision European football was a free hit a chance to make money now I think we will be lucky to finish top 6

Stop putting money in then if you're not happy. 

Pathetically slow in all aspects of the game. Shocking display of defending. Headless chickens best describes many of the Hearts players. Only two deserve pass marks Gordon and Devlin. To be fair the opposition are at a totally different level to Hearts in ALL aspects of the game. They seemed to be much fitter, faster in thought and movement and collectively they must practice their drills and passing endlessly. The number of times passes were made by players who did not appear to look at their teammate. It is ALL these characteristics that the players of Heart of Midlothian should aspire and off course the management, board, FoH and also many subscribers to JK

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Stop putting money in then if you're not happy. 

Happy clapper I’m not letting a boardroom think they can’t be held to account maybe the fact they know that there is a steady stream of cash which over the last five years has been wasted we own this club we should have been asked if Neilson should be awarded a 3 year contract if we have a representative on the board he should be informing us about such things the contract came out the blue this should not happen again