***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Carter said:

The owner doesn't perceive it as such. Fan owned but not fan controlled. She's the guv'nor.

Well that idea should rapidly disappear get a fan’s forum to meet with our rep on the board and in no uncertain terms let the board know they can be replaced

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I don't know much about any of the players on the pitch tonight but if they have a five-time German Player of the Year and genuine superstar on a World and Euro cup winning side, it's fair to say that Connor Smith might have trouble keeping up with the rest of the squad.

But muh tactics . . .

I’ve seen Hearts compete with Bayern Munich, Dukla Prague, Slavia etc 

Never laid a glove on these tonight

Dreadful performance 

RustyRightPeg

They were neat and tidy. An upgrade on Zurich for sure. Nothing spectacular because they never needed to get out of second gear but technically very sound. Able to beat our “press”. 

Tactically again miles off it. No idea what the game plan was. 

Only positive was Humps if I’m honest. He looked bright when we got the ball to him. His statement about never being shy to take a 1 on 1 with a defender seems true. Twice he beat their right back and got a decent cross in. 

No idea how we approach Sunday now. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Unfortunately like most Scottish clubs we have technically very poor players and cannot play football like they can on continent.

They are all about pace, movement and quick touch. We are all about slow, ponderous and laboured. 

What we want to do in 5 or 6 seconds, they are doing in 1 or 2.

They have internationals or ex internationals in their teaM. We have journeymen.

Results for us and Dundee United show how far behind Europe that most of Scottish Football is.

Until we concentrate on looking for technical ability and pace and less about ‘guid Scottish laddies’ who try. Europe for the rest of Scotland is going to be a pipe dream.

This, unfortunately we don't produce these players and can't afford them. 

I think folk though a few more million in the bank mean we can buy these players, we still cant

Just now, gar jambo said:

Now now don't be rude to robbie he can do as he pleases and how dare fans question him! 

No he can’t we own this club or has everyone forgot that

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ve seen Hearts compete with Bayern Munich, Dukla Prague, Slavia etc 

Never laid a glove on these tonight

Dreadful performance 

They were different times.

tartofmidlothian

Neilson picked the right team and right shape from the limited squad available. He made the right sub at half time and did it quickly. Until the second goal we competed with a much better team, and could have been equal or ahead with more decisiveness in front of goal and without Haring's error.

Until the third goal it was more of the same, but we were only playing for pride and a consolation.

After the third it went to shit, and that's partly because the players were wiped out and there was no-one to replace them. The fourth goal was an embarrassment. 

How could we have changed that? Less injuries. Maybe more signings, who knows. Take the ****ing shot when it's on! Better fitness so we last the ninety. We did well for most of the match, though. Need to take that into the St Mirren game, a win is badly needed.

LarrysRightFoot

No doubt they have better players than us in general however the biggest difference tonight was they were coached on how to play a certain way. 

That and a complete lack of heart from almost everyone other than Cammy - he has his critics but if everyone had jus attitude we’d be ok. 

Ive said it a million times but tempo and intensity are essential. They should be basics but we are so slow, timid and reactive. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

No doubt they have better players than us in general however the biggest difference tonight was they were coached on how to play a certain way. 

That and a complete lack of heart from almost everyone other than Cammy - he has his critics but if everyone had jus attitude we’d be ok. 

Ive said it a million times but tempo and intensity are essential. They should be basics but we are so slow, timid and reactive. 

Scottish football is living in the past no new ideas coaching methods are pish 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They were neat and tidy. An upgrade on Zurich for sure. Nothing spectacular because they never needed to get out of second gear but technically very sound. Able to beat our “press”. 

Only positive was Humps if I’m honest. He looked bright when we got the ball to him. His statement about never being shy to take a 1 on 1 with a defender seems true. Twice he beat their right back and got a decent cross in. 

Luckily for us  I can’t see there being any games this weekend.  Can we please make it a lot more than a weekend?!

I thought they were fantastic and we were poor but sometimes you just have to accept that. They were miles ahead of us in terms of shape, movement, use of the ball, first touches etc I was gutted leaving Tynecastle after going out to Maltese part-timers, I am not gutted tonight.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's important not to let these defeats effect our league form. 

If St Mirren were to beat us we would be in a full blown crisis. 

Although, I can see all football being cancelled this weekend. 

tartofmidlothian

Our forwards are great players with the ball at their feet, so why the **** are they so scared to take a shot on?

You can see where Shankland's scoring record comes from, he likes to take time and shape his body to get the perfect shot off. It's not good enough against top quality players who don't give him time, he needs to speed that process up rapidly. Better to make the goalie work than ***** out with a gilt edged chance then have the ball taken from him.

It's not just him.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Oh please cancel I can't take another defeat this week and bottom 6  side for Christmas 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gives us Time to get Tuchel in then😜😜😜

Bazzas right boot
Just now, gar jambo said:

Oh please cancel I can't take another defeat this week and bottom 6  side for Christmas 

I'd rather we played. 

Get back on the horse. 

colinmorewasgash
16 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Very disappointing but sadly not unexpected. I all honesty I was hoping for more of a show but we are miles behind these teams. 
Huge learning curve for all especially Neilson who is way out of his depth. 
New manager? Would it be any different with another? Who knows however we may find out shortly if Neilson gets emptied before the weekend. 

No way will that happen the board let levein carry on when we were even worse and robbies goldenboy he'll be here for a long while yet making same mistakes same subs same 3 at back with full backs set up which doesnt really work v better teams. To be fair they were good outfit but 7 changes from their league match plus no ozil god help us if they are full strength in turkey. The recruitment isnt looking good but time to turn it round. Any good manager would realise that kingsley halkett and smith tend to pick up injuries season after season and maybe get decent others ready to step in. Not having another commanding centre back which he stated he wanted but ditched idea is biting him on the backside now with rowles and halkett out. Still wins sunday its all forgotten again till nxt time. Think joe will get sack before robster.

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

This. Absolutely ****ing gutless tonight. Haring literally needed about 5 mins on the ball, don't know how much time Halliday wanted for his shot. Was the same all over the park.

Atkinson is never, ever a footballer. Forrest far too slight against the men. 

We offered nothing.

south morocco
3 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I thought they were fantastic and we were poor but sometimes you just have to accept that. They were miles ahead of us in terms of shape, movement, use of the ball, first touches etc I was gutted leaving Tynecastle after going out to Maltese part-timers, I am not gutted tonight.

I thought this too. They were superior to us in quality. Faster and  sharper etc. I was disappointed we never managed to score but hey ho. 

16 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Until we concentrate on looking for technical ability and pace

We need coaches from a different level especially at a younger age where these skills can be taught and encouraged. 

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

No way will that happen the board let levein carry on when we were even worse and robbies goldenboy he'll be here for a long while yet making same mistakes same subs same 3 at back with full backs set up which doesnt really work v better teams. To be fair they were good outfit but 7 changes from their league match plus no ozil god help us if they are full strength in turkey. The recruitment isnt looking good but time to turn it round. Any good manager would realise that kingsley halkett and smith tend to pick up injuries season after season and maybe get decent others ready to step in. Not having another commanding centre back which he stated he wanted but ditched idea is biting him on the backside now with rowles and halkett out. Still wins sunday its all forgotten again till nxt time. Think joe will get sack before robster.

We own this club time we made our feelings known what’s our rep on the board doing

manaliveits105
25 minutes ago, Syd said:

Throughout I’d say. People bringing politics to it. Simply staying quiet was way to difficult for too many adults tonight

Embarassing night alround 

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

They've played ECL in recent past. The pot 1 club in the tournament. Second goal gutted us and players heads dropped. We have no experience at this level, CG apart, and it shown in spades.

First of a few tough lessons to be administered.

True you could see the difference in experience. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
27 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Followed Jambos for 60 years you know **** all about football if you are happy with the shitshow now have you even been to tynie or u just a keyboard warrior or are you just blind

Have you only watched us play junior teams?

Much as I have time for Robbie and he's done a good job in the main he looks totally out his depth at this level and simply isn't coping with competing on 2 fronts. 

He's overthinking things and needs to get back to doing the basics and picking his best available 11 and sticking with it .

On 04/09/2022 at 21:06, BackOfTheNet said:

We’ll start brightly, we’ll get it to the wing, attempt a cut back that their defender will intercept and it will go out for a corner. The crowd will simultaneously go “oooohhhh” before loudly cheering a corner. The corner will go straight to the head of one of their defenders to clear. It will be the closest we get, yet we’ll come on here and we’ll see posts like “we started well, shame it didn’t pan out, they’re a good side and we move on”.

Hearts 0-5 Istanbul Basaksehir

Wasn’t far off to be fair…

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is, but it’s difficult when it’s so quick, once tomorrows done we’re back to it. 

Fortunately due to the circumstances, we might get a couple of days to recuperate but I’m not even sure we’ll train. 

Until the second goal we were competing well against a team with much more money to spend on players.

We were missing three of our four best players.

There were a number of occasions when the difference between a decent player and a top-class player was obvious: when Haring hesitated, when Halliday took half a second too long, when Forrest didn't pull the trigger, when Shankland got the ball stuck under his feet on the 18 yard line.

Two wicked deflections cost us a couple of goals and made the score look worse than it might have, but they were a better team than us and deserved to win.

None of the above is a reason for doomsaying and panic, we'll still be third best team in Scotland at the end of the season.

periodictabledancer
14 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Well said.

Some people need a reality check.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We own this club time we made our feelings known what’s our rep on the board doing

Approach it with logic rather than button bashing your keyboard and you might get somewhere.

If there's one positive to come out of tonight it's to hopefully never seeing a central midfield with Devlin and Haring in it. Was almost comical at times.

Bazzas right boot

Technically our midfield is poor. 

It was shown up tonight. 

Haring, Shankland, Halliday wanted that extra touch - just no sharp enough. 

McKay is our best technical player but all their players have his ability. 

They looked more athletic, had a better touch, better movement, were faster and stronger. 

However, if we nick that 1st goal which we could have it's a different game. 

It reminded me of playing the of tonight. 

Haring just annoys me now. He's done, offers nothing. 

He's behind Halliday and Devlin and hopefully Dave and Beni mean he plays very little of the season for us. He sums up what is wrong with us atm. 

We also still have a Boyce sized hole that hopefully Grant and Snodgrass can fill. If not we're in trouble. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I thought this too. They were superior to us in quality. Faster and  sharper etc. I was disappointed we never managed to score but hey ho. 

They’re a good side. They were quicker, stronger and used the ball very well. We didn’t take our chances and made some mistakes which they punished. Disappointing but we won’t play many sides anywhere near as good as them this season. 

Edited by Zico

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Technically our midfield is poor. 

It was shown o tonight. 

Haring, Shankland, Halliday wanted that extra touch - just no sharp enough. 

McKay is our best technical player but all their players have his ability. 

They looked more athletic, had a better touch, better movement, were faster and stronger. 

However, if we nick that 1st goal which we could have it's a different game. 

It reminded me of playing the of tonight. 

Haring just annoys me now. He's done, offers nothing. 

He's behind Halliday and Devlin and hopefully Dave and Beni mean he plays very little of the season for us. He sums up what is wrong with us atm. 

We also still have a Boyce sized hole that hopefully Grant and Snodgrass can fill. If not we're in trouble. 

Beni , Gio and to a lesser extent Grant will improve us in that regard, Devlin , Haring and Halliday are far to slow for elite level football 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ramrod said:

Beni , Gio and to a lesser extent Grant will improve us in that regard, Devlin , Haring and Halliday are far to slow for elite level football 

They will and Halkett and Rowles strengthens the defence. 

hearts 4 the cup
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Telly off.

Miles off it. An unfit team, a shit manager, poor recruitment and a side looking really unmotivated.

I know our run of form is poor but it’s ‘fans’ like you that really have no clue about football.

the players worked their arses off, just come up against a better team. Our shape was fine, for the first 20-25 mins or so we really frustrated them, they’d kicked the ball out of play 4 or 5 times.

This team haven’t lost since March, haven’t conceded domestically yet and are far superior than any club in Scotland outwith celtic.

get a grip ffs

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Until the second goal we were competing well against a team with much more money to spend on players.

We were missing three of our four best players.

There were a number of occasions when the difference between a decent player and a top-class player was obvious: when Haring hesitated, when Halliday took half a second too long, when Forrest didn't pull the trigger, when Shankland got the ball stuck under his feet on the 18 yard line.

Two wicked deflections cost us a couple of goals and made the score look worse than it might have, but they were a better team than us and deserved to win.

None of the above is a reason for doomsaying and panic, we'll still be third best team in Scotland at the end of the season.

I agree with all of this. But this is sensible and the forum is JKB. So don’t expect much support.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

**** me, this fan ownership has really pickled some heeds. 

Annoying as we had spells in the game where we got a foothold in it

However, if you're going to hand goals on a plate to a team like that you deserve everything you get. 2nd goal...a corner.. you'd be annoyed if you conceded that down the park.

31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thought, yet again, Cammy was decent. He's been the only player this season to be consistent and look like he cares.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Gives us Time to get Tuchel in then😜😜😜

He's shite, spent £250m in 1 window and gets beat in Europe anaw.