***Official Heart of Midlothian vs FC Zurich Match Thread - live on BBC Scotland ***

tartofmidlothian

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hope so, wouldn't want him injured on Thursday, eh?

Phone leeds and tell him we’re going to go full Don Revie tactics on the boy if they don’t get him bought before Thursday.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Phone leeds and tell him we’re going to go full Don Revie tactics on the boy if they don’t get him bought before Thursday.  

I'll do it; you got the number? 😄

I think they will score ( they look quick and dangerous on the break ) so we’ll need to score at least two. Getting the balance between attack and defence will be key on the night.  Looking forward to it. Six years is too long without a European match.  

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think that's the team.  Only possible thing would be Grant or Haring, but I think we want Pete's calming influence and physical presence both boxes.  Grant, GMS, Gino and Natty all on the bench. Tempting to choose Natty ahead of Smith, but I think that forward 4 plus Cochrane and Devlin gives us enough legs, and Smith can drop in to make a 3 at back and let Cochrane push as well.

It might be better to finish with that MF onwards, but defence has to be as strong as it can; we lose a goal quickly and we're in big trouble

Zurich could only draw 1-1 away from home in their 5th league game this weekend.

They remain rooted to the bottom of the table with two draws and three defeats.

Get at them.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Zurich could only draw 1-1 away from home in their 5th league game this weekend.

Get at them.

Tbf their win last week looked like an away game too.  Just sounded noisier due to the mics being at the end of their fans. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

2-1.  Win on pens.

We hardly ever do things the easy way. 

That would be a tad nerve wracking. 

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Get at them.

They won 4-0 in the cup this weekend.  Although they were playing a 3rd tier team.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Midloth_Iain

loving google translate on their forum comments ... 🤣

contributionvon yellow » 22.08.22 @ 17:04

likavi wrote:The FCZ is far from being in the Europa League, just for information.

Also think that the second leg in Scotland will be very hot. Not necessarily because of the temperatures, but simply because of the approximately 20,000 hot-blooded Scots who will light up their players' asses.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think that's the team.  Only possible thing would be Grant or Haring, but I think we want Pete's calming influence and physical presence both boxes.  Grant, GMS, Gino and Natty all on the bench. Tempting to choose Natty ahead of Smith, but I think that forward 4 plus Cochrane and Devlin gives us enough legs, and Smith can drop in to make a 3 at back and let Cochrane push as well.

If we want Grant on I would put him on in place of Boyce and then bring Boyce off the bench.

Probably better to start with Boyce though and bring on Grant for fresh legs if we need to protect a lead.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Heart of Midlothian vs FC Zurich Match Thread - live on BBC Scotland ***

It is an incredibly exciting evening in store for a number of reasons. Feeling nervous but at the same time they are subsided a bit with the knowledge that if we do unfortunately get beat we have this terrific consolation of going into the conference league. 

37 minutes ago, Cade said:

Get at them.

Should have done it in the first leg.

highlandjambo3
22 hours ago, jbee647 said:

BBC Scotland 7.45

Huge buildup cover before the game then……..if this was a cheek game it would start at 7.15pm……not shocked tbh

17 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Shankland 

McKay                       Forrest 

Boyce

Haring        Devlin

Cochrane Rowles Kingsley M.Smith 

Gordon 

Don't think Boyce would have started on Sunday if he's starting in this one. I expect Grant to start with Boyce coming on later. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think they will score ( they look quick and dangerous on the break ) so we’ll need to score at least two. Getting the balance between attack and defence will be key on the night.  Looking forward to it. Six years is too long without a European match.  

I think so also. I reckon they will play explosive counters during our obvious out the traps first 20 mins. Need to be really switched on. 

I reckon we will need 2 at least.

47 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Don't think Boyce would have started on Sunday if he's starting in this one. I expect Grant to start with Boyce coming on later. 

Can’t see it. Boyce will play imo. Had a shocker v United but he’s a grafter and we’ll try to keep them high up the park. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t see it. Boyce will play imo. Had a shocker v United but he’s a grafter and we’ll try to keep them high up the park. 

Gives the ball away far to cheaply and will be a liability in any European game this season.

Quality teams thrive on quick transition of possession,  that's the one thing Boyce guarantees the opposition  

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Gives the ball away far to cheaply and will be a liability in any European game this season.

Quality teams thrive on quick transition of possession,  that's the one thing Boyce guarantees the opposition  

The alternative seems to be Grant. I’m not desperate to see Boyce play but he will play imo. 

Are the Swiss behind Scotland in the coefficient? I don't give a **** about the coefficient just the idea that the Swiss ****ing CHAMPIONS are deemed to be soooo bad.

Edited by Riccarton3

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Are the Swiss behind Scotland in the coefficient? I don't give a **** about the coefficient just the idea that the Swiss ****ing CHAMPIONS are deemed to be soooo bad.

As of the end of last year they're 14th (between Belgium and Greece) and Scotland are 9th.

Zurich's own coefficient is pretty shit, but that's because they've only been in Europe one of the past 5 seasons before this one, but that's a fair bit better than us of course, who have no coefficient points of our own.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

They are 7.000 going into this Euro campaign

We’re 7.380

Next season, the points from this campaign will be added and points from 5 seasons ago will be deducted

Whatever that number is will be next year’s coefficient

Their national coefficient is quite far behind Scotland too

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added more

48 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is it?

Potentially over two million in TV money riding on it if Rangers do not drop down as well 

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They are 7.000 going into this Euro campaign

We’re 7.380

Next season, the points from this campaign will be added and points from 5 seasons ago will be deducted

Whatever that number is will be next year’s coefficient

Their national coefficient is quite far behind Scotland too

-

Nationally, they always seem to be fixture in Euros and World Cups. Though I realise you are talking  club coefficiency there.  I guess I'm just fed up with the coverage that seems to over play their pishyness. They could have put 4 past Hearts yet Hearts were getting  it tight for losing  1-2. 

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Potentially over two million in TV money riding on it if Rangers do not drop down as well 

It's only money

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's only money

before this season two million was a considerable percentage of our transfer budget . It is a huge sum of money to us

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

There will be no tears here

I think the glee at them ****ing up the champions league will supersede any pain at money lost out on

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

before this season two million was a considerable percentage of our transfer budget . It is a huge sum of money to us

If it means wanting  Rangers to succeed, I am always out. The trade off is, potentially, slower progress for Hearts. This steady progress folk talk of.

Edited by Riccarton3

TweedbankJambo
2 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

loving google translate on their forum comments ... 🤣

contributionvon yellow » 22.08.22 @ 17:04

likavi wrote:The FCZ is far from being in the Europa League, just for information.

Also think that the second leg in Scotland will be very hot. Not necessarily because of the temperatures, but simply because of the approximately 20,000 hot-blooded Scots who will light up their players' asses.

😂 Funny 🤣

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

If it means wanting  Rangers to succeed, I am always out. The trade off is, potentially, slower progress for Hearts. This steady progress folk talk of.

I would not normally want them to win a raffle but if it means Celtic and them have to share the big CL TV money and that we get a cool two million all to our selfs then I want that 

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Rangers will be getting pumped out on Wednesday.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Rangers will be getting pumped out on Wednesday.

I have thought so a few times in the past and they have surprised me 

they do miss Aribo though

Sticks in my throat a bit but I hope they go through 

20 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Will this be played on Thursday night or is it only played from the Group Stage onwards?

Be a mash up of that and the Conference League anthem which is the theme from Steptoe and Son.

16 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Be a mash up of that and the Conference League anthem which is the theme from Steptoe and Son.

Just being a dick there. Apologies. Be nothing  sweeter than hearing  the Europa League anthem in Gorgie for the group stages 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Just being a dick there. Apologies. Be nothing  sweeter than hearing  the Europa League anthem in Gorgie for the group stages 

No need to apologise. If only the folks responsible had the sense of humour to have 'Steptoe & Son' as the Conference Anthem ... I'd take my hat off to them.

For our younger posters:-

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nationally, they always seem to be fixture in Euros and World Cups. Though I realise you are talking  club coefficiency there.  I guess I'm just fed up with the coverage that seems to over play their pishyness. They could have put 4 past Hearts yet Hearts were getting  it tight for losing  1-2. 

They won Swiss league last season and they have lost manager and key players but that can’t be considered as a reason to expect to hammer them, no

Even though they have started very badly in their league this year and had quite a hard time in Europe

They have had 4 Euro matches, like RC had 4 LC matches before playing us

Goals we lost were bad, though; we’ll just have to take it from there and get on with it

I feel sorry for visitors from Zurich.

Reports and pictures on BBC News at 10 of piles of rubbish on the streets in the city centre! Looks disgusting and reported that rats are appearing … 

Hopefully sorted soon …. vermin in the

city centre is bad news …. should be kept in Lochend sewers …

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That would be a tad nerve wracking. 

You’re not joking. Don’t think I could take that to be honest. BUT. Imagine the scenes when we score the winner!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Our coefficient being higher than theirs is meaningless.

None of our coefficient points is down to any European success on our part 😂

We earned the square root of **** all of those points.

On top of that Zurich won a respected, if not top, league last year. We were 3rd and lost the game that got us here…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug