***Official Heart of Midlothian vs FC Zurich Match Thread - live on BBC Scotland ***

tartofmidlothian

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This is something I have been moaning about for a while. As great as Craig is he ALWAYS passes the ball out to the defense. In the Celtic game it was kicked out and we gave them a game. Too many times in most games we waste time passing the ball back and forth across the field. Last night we need one ( two really ) goals and we pissed about with pointless passes. Not suggesting route one every time but hey try and mix it a bit and keep them guessing.

Spot on.
One thing Stewart has in his locker that Craig doesn’t.

They kick the ball the old fashioned way though, most modern GKs are taught to kick it lower so it gives less time for the defenders.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Geoff Kilpatrick

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This is something I have been moaning about for a while. As great as Craig is he ALWAYS passes the ball out to the defense. In the Celtic game it was kicked out and we gave them a game. Too many times in most games we waste time passing the ball back and forth across the field. Last night we need one ( two really ) goals and we pissed about with pointless passes. Not suggesting route one every time but hey try and mix it a bit and keep them guessing.

Said this last night  and was told I was talking crap on here

43 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry I don’t get your point. Last night we got our passing and tactics spot on - we created a huge amount of chances but it was our finishing that let us down.

That all changed after the red card.

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

From Wiki…

Religion in Switzerland is predominantly Christianity, which, according to the national survey of the Swiss Federal Statistical Office,[a] in 2020 was adhered to by 61.2% of resident population (aged fifteen years and older), of whom 33.8% were Catholics, 21.8% were Swiss Protestants, and 5.6% were followers of other Christian denominations.”

Not that these stats help fathom the Vatican comment 🫤

They stole dead Jews money, but their watches are okay..🤣

Tom Hardy’s Dug

One player short of winning.

One person more competent at the final “moment” than Boyce.

All of us have said this over the summer. And whilst we all recognise that speculating too much cash is not where we are a number of fans recognised that one player could pay for themselves with a winning performance in a Euro game.

We’d have had that pay off last night IMO.

We are asked for patience re transfers and I think we are and have been incredibly patient this transfer window but all I would say is that waiting until you are 6 games or so into a season to get your key players (if you even do get them) is a hell of a risk particularly when you have Euro play offs.

Hopefully we have enough money so that we can review our signing strategy next summer - we got away with it last  year but as far as I can see the strategy this year has already cost us.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

The problem tonight was Robbie’s CM selection. leaving Haring out and playing Devlin, Grant and Boyce was. Suicide..

Absolute jobbies. 

We dominated them in the middle until the red. 

Arthur Morgan
8 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Laying aside the disappointment of loosing the tie (and failing to score) and the financial implications, this could be a blessing in disguise.

IMO we are no where near ready for the Europa League and would have suffered a series of confidence sapping defeats.

No, it wouldn't be a learning curve, that will come in the conference League, which at the moment, I suspect will be marginally above the level we are at.

Surprised at how gutted I am with the result last night, as I wasn't that bothered before the game! I think it's the fact we had them on the ropes and that red card turns the game. I honestly think they were absolutely average and we had the beating of them 11v11. Frustrating with the way we approached the 1st leg also, we gave them far too much respect. 

As you say though, the Conference League is probably the place for us right now, although we got a bit unlucky with the group we got! Celtic dropped down into the Conference League last season, so it's not a disgrace I guess, despite some fans of other Scottish clubs saying it's a mickey mouse cup etc. Bitter individuals I suppose. Europa League would have been better financially though which is annoying.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Just seen the sending off for the first time. While it was a dive 9/10 times the ref just plays on. That's 3 second bookings in a few days where the ref more often than not gives a final warning rather than a second yellow. 

Heartsmad1874
14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Anyone else's Loyalty Points been removed from their account for the Away leg?

Yeah just seen that. Strange, harsh if people now miss out on European away games like Fiorentina because of what is surely a club mistake.

Pasquale for King

Just seen someone mention that the Zurich points wires removed, I’ve not had any added for buying the package for home games. 

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just seen someone mention that the Zurich points wires removed, I’ve not had any added for buying the package for home games. 

Don't think anyone has yet. Seems a few others ha e also had their Zurich away removed though.

Perhaps reassessing the number of LPs awarded for away ties?

Heartsmad1874
16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't think anyone has yet. Seems a few others ha e also had their Zurich away removed though.

Perhaps reassessing the number of LPs awarded for away ties?

Nah small glitch. Their back on now. 5 for a European away game is bizarre considering its the same for County and Aberdeen.