***Official Heart of Midlothian vs FC Zurich Match Thread - live on BBC Scotland ***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Geoff Kilpatrick

2 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Not been excited for a game like this in a long time! I reckon we’re gonna do it aswell! HHGH 🇱🇻

I am surprised at how nervous I am about it 

Need to be conscious that we are still a goal down at half time though and they are a good team

If we win it will be a pretty big achievement 

Pasquale for King

I couldn’t care less if our Swiss visitors who threw objects when we scored or anyone else find the streets dirty, wait until they get the full treatment on a European night under the lights at Tynecastle. A slightly ironic we’re  from the capital you’re from shitehole will go down a treat, followed by in your Zurich slums. Is it Thursday yet?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Or a song about how much cheaper fizzy pop is here

Whilst we wave bottles of our favourite tipple at them ...

31Rba3nuX4L._AC_.jpg

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Our coefficient being higher than theirs is meaningless.

None of our coefficient points is down to any European success on our part 😂

We earned the square root of **** all of those points.

On top of that Zurich won a respected, if not top, league last year. We were 3rd and lost the game that got us here…

So, we should really get knocked out. Going to be some beelin if we get through

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

31Rba3nuX4L._AC_.jpg

I remember a time that shit was only sold in any volume out west ……….. what has our beautiful city become

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Not been excited for a game like this in a long time! I reckon we’re gonna do it aswell! HHGH 🇱🇻

Same here.  12,000 kilometres away, like thousands of exiled Jambos I'm already counting the sleeps.

We will give 100% and I think that will be good enough.

My birthday the following day and I might stretch to 2 shandies if we win.  Sorry, when we win.  😂😂❤❤❤

Sierra Delta

Bookies make us slight favourites on the night but Zurich are quite heavy favourites to go through. 

Might have a nibble at Hearts to qualify @ 9/4 to put towards a Europa League group stage trip. 

8 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Bookies make us slight favourites on the night but Zurich are quite heavy favourites to go through. 

Might have a nibble at Hearts to qualify @ 9/4 to put towards a Europa League group stage trip. 

Hearts to qualify after 90 mins. 4/1(Skybet)In other words Hearts to win by 2 or more goals. 

Seaside Dave
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

31Rba3nuX4L._AC_.jpg

Evil drink that. Only use now for cleaning the pipes to the drain 😂😂

52 minutes ago, McCrae said:

After the way Atkinson played, you would think the same. Hopefully Smith with replace him in the starting line up.

Atkinson looked like a different player against Celtic. Vast improvement. Think he will start on thursday. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Gordon

Smith            Rowles        Kingsley

Haring      Devlin

Atkinson                                                    Cochrane

McKay

Forrest                      Shankland    

Tempted to start Gino instead of Forrest.  Or push Atkinson back for Smith, and have Gino in there.  I think pace will get at Zurich.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I couldn’t care less if our Swiss visitors who threw objects when we scored or anyone else find the streets dirty, wait until they get the full treatment on a European night under the lights at Tynecastle. A slightly ironic we’re  from the capital you’re from shitehole will go down a treat, followed by in your Zurich slums. Is it Thursday yet?

Ach, just sing 'The rats are having a party the Scaffies in thier beds' That'll confuse them...

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Ach, just sing 'The rats are having a party the Scaffies in thier beds' That'll confuse them...

Hahahaha I think they will definitely be confused 😆

10 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Brilliantly topical.

Will put this here if that’s ok. Looking for a hearts friendly bar in Puerto del carmen to watch on Thursday. First time here and it is very green leaning unfortunately 

Does anyone know if the ticket office is open right up to KO Thursday? I've got mine online and still need to collect it.

Edited by Gorgieshed

I think there's a lot to be said for FCZ on Thursday. As long as a good performance can be retrieved. But of course that can quickly become a really hot dance...

Certainly def FCZ will be able to hit the Hearts with fast counterattacks, the Scottish defenders seemed rather slow and stiff at the waist.

Brilliant

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think there's a lot to be said for FCZ on Thursday. As long as a good performance can be retrieved. But of course that can quickly become a really hot dance...

Certainly def FCZ will be able to hit the Hearts with fast counterattacks, the Scottish defenders seemed rather slow and stiff at the waist.

Brilliant

:oohmatron:

Howdy Doody Jambo

The Swiss are a bit cheeky are they not? We're not so good technically pish, we're big physical and a bit radgie 

They need put back in their box 

What have they ever brought to the table? What did they invent? 

I thought we were winning this 2-0 now I'm going 5-1 it's the way we roll

Edited by The Maroon Pound

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Brilliant

It was all that hot dancing that did it ………… always going to be a bit stiff at the waist after that 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was all that hot dancing that did it ………… always going to be a bit stiff at the waist after that 

Imagine what their google translate is coming up with from this forum.

I do not know what is this erchie, but I am to stick my toblerone up there nonetheless

13 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The Swiss are a bit cheeky are they not? We're not so good technically pish, we're big physical and a bit radgie 

They invented cuckoo clocks. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I do not know what is this erchie, but I am to stick my toblerone up there nonetheless

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Which was dead great to look at until we invented the telly.  Roond them.  Swiss filth.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Which was dead great to look at until we invented the telly.  Roond them.  Swiss filth.

👏😂well put. 

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I wonder how "you're going home in a Gorgie ambulance" translates :whistling:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

So, we should really get knocked out. Going to be some beelin if we get through

No. I just think there is a fair bit of arrogance on here expecting us just to stroll this.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Satsumo said:

Will put this here if that’s ok. Looking for a hearts friendly bar in Puerto del carmen to watch on Thursday. First time here and it is very green leaning unfortunately 

Can't remember it's name but there's a pub in the corner of the little square that has the Music Hall Tavern (Drag Show bar) in it, they claim to show any game you request. I watched our QF against St Mirren there and it was the only bar I could find showing it (a lot of English matches on plus Gaelic football. Pretty certain the Irish bars would show it, too, unless there's something else on their regulars want to watch with not many screens to watch on. You'd have no problems in there as a Jambo, though,  I've watched Hearts playing in Irish bars there, and I'm not exactly quiet when Hearts score :HeartsManspotrun: Then there's the Bluebells Bar. Hun to the core. I've never been in it but it'll surely show the Hearts game as TRFC are not playing on Thurday night. Enjoy your time in PDC, wife and I absolutely love the place.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No. I just think there is a fair bit of arrogance on here expecting us just to stroll this.

In May/June the recurring theme was that the chances of qualifying for the Euro League groups were minimal.  Now there will be calls for Robbie’s head if we don’t.  :whistling:

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not really sensed that. Folk seem to expect Zurich, rightly, to be a real test. It might just be excitement rather than arrogance. 

43 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Good question. 👆

Apparently:-

"Switzerland is a nation of inventors and innovators. For the last six years running, Switzerland was ranked as the number one country in the world for innovation according to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) index. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Swiss citizens apply for more European patents each year than any other member of the EU."

Historically:-

Alluminium foil
The zip fastener (a lawyer from St Gallen, of all places)
Velcro
Potato peeler
Hevetica font
Coffee capsules
Cellophane
Swiss Army Knife
The bobsleigh track
Nescafé
The WWW at CERN (courtesy of Tim Berners-Lee)
The Red Cross
Absinthe
Meusli
White chocolate

This bodes well ....

Bring on A.S. Roma ....

Then we can ask (prior to cuffing them a-la Astrix the Gaul):-

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Always go with your first impressions. Old Swiss adage.

Anyway, can't see a negative this week other than injuries. Get beat into the Conference , win, into something kind of unreal. But only too real!

18 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Good question. 👆

"Switzerland is a nation of inventors and innovators. For the last six years running, Switzerland was ranked as the number one country in the world for innovation according to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) index. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Swiss citizens apply for more European patents each year than any other member of the EU."

Alluminium foil
Velcro
Potato peeler
Hevetica font
Coffee capsules
Cellophane
Swiss Army Knife
The bobsleigh track
Nescafé
The Red Cross
Absinthe
Meusli
White chocolate

This bodes well ....

Bring on A.S. Roma ....

https://www.theayelife.com/scottish-inventions/

37 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Think it’s just excitement as opposed to arrogance. Whatever us, the fans think, confident, 💩 it or somewhere in between, all that matters is how the team are feeling & how they perform on the night.

We have a good group of players and a very strong home record. They’ll be absolutely relishing this. If they can convert the domestic home form to this competition… 👀 

49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And let’s face it, they’re not neutral because they are all round good eggs, it’s because they are shitebags. One for the dressing room wall if you’re looking in Robbie 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Good question. 👆

Alluminium foil
Velcro
Potato peeler
Hevetica font
Coffee capsules
Cellophane
Swiss Army Knife
The bobsleigh track
Nescafé
The Red Cross
Absinthe
Meusli
White chocolate

This bodes well ....

Bring on A.S. Roma ....

That’s some list of absolutely worthless shit compared to TV, Telephone, Penicillin/Anaesthesia/Insulin to treat diabetes to name a few.  

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s some list of absolutely worthless shit compared to TV, Telephone, Penicillin/Anaesthesia/Insulin to treat diabetes to name a few.  

Universal public education!

14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Clearly, they are in for a tanking.

Chicken Tikka Masala on its own is enough for me. 😜

😄  Gin and Tonic isn't too bad either.

Kiss my badge

Got a good feeling about this game, last night I genuinely had a dream that my local shop had started to stock Macaroni pies.  :chef: They haven't but an information superhighway search has found 3 places close by that do. 😋

Edited by Kiss my badge

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

When I was in Basel (not last week!) my Swiss friends told me that the Germans invented Cuckoo Clocks and they wanted nothing to do with them.

They also told me that they ordered their takeaways from Germany as they delivered faster and were better VFM.

Currently on holiday in Salou (took a gamble & obviously the home leg falls on the Thursday I’m away 😤) anyone know of anywhere that would show the game on Thursday? Cheers

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Can't remember it's name but there's a pub in the corner of the little square that has the Music Hall Tavern (Drag Show bar) in it, they claim to show any game you request. I watched our QF against St Mirren there and it was the only bar I could find showing it (a lot of English matches on plus Gaelic football. Pretty certain the Irish bars would show it, too, unless there's something else on their regulars want to watch with not many screens to watch on. You'd have no problems in there as a Jambo, though,  I've watched Hearts playing in Irish bars there, and I'm not exactly quiet when Hearts score :HeartsManspotrun: Then there's the Bluebells Bar. Hun to the core. I've never been in it but it'll surely show the Hearts game as TRFC are not playing on Thurday night. Enjoy your time in PDC, wife and I absolutely love the place.

Brilliant thanks, our hotel is near there so will check it out. Doesn’t seem to be anything else on that clashes with it