***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

16 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

0-1 minimum. 

They are shite. 

Diddy number of fans, diddy league, diddy players. 

Get out there and show them what's what and who's who. 

We playing Hibs?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We playing Hibs?

Might as well be. No idea why anyone is worried. 

We'll also pump Man U in the groups. Had a premonition. 

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

In tae these bunch of neutrals. 

They can shove their toblerones up their erchies.  An alp at a time.

BBC, who we all expect to give us the latest and facts, up there with the wrong facts in their preview of the match, yet again

• Hearts have twice before faced Swiss opposition - losing to both Lausanne-Sport in the 1963-64 Fairs Cup and Basel in their only appearance in a European group stage, the 2004-05 Uefa Cup.

i'm sure as one of the goalscorers, our manager will put them straight. not only that but we were the 1st european team to win in basel.

Edited by reaths17

Regarding having experience in Europe or not. Keep in mind our manager has experienced a fair amount of experience in Europe as player with hearts, both the wins and losses and how the manager prepared in those games. Then our captains experience in Europe is another level.

So yeah maybe as a club over all in recent years we don't have alot of experience. But the two individuals who are leading our first time very much do.

3 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

My Sky menu shows that it is on BBC Scotland HD (at 5.45pm). Hope you manage to get it on HD, too.

Good man 

16 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

Regarding having experience in Europe or not. Keep in mind our manager has experienced a fair amount of experience in Europe as player with hearts, both the wins and losses and how the manager prepared in those games. Then our captains experience in Europe is another level.

So yeah maybe as a club over all in recent years we don't have alot of experience. But the two individuals who are leading our first time very much do.

Lee McGregor too.  And Craigy.  We've got guys like Smith and Boyce who have played plenty of international football too, and others who've tasted it, including Olympics and all sorts.

We've got a mix of all sorts of experience and at the end of the day, it's us going out and playing against a bunch of other blokes.  We need to work harder than them and be brave on the ball, like every other single game we play.

Bouncing off the walls at work, mega jealous of all the die hards that went over, can't wait to hear you all in full voice on the beeb! 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Lee McGregor too.  And Craigy.  We've got guys like Smith and Boyce who have played plenty of international football too, and others who've tasted it, including Olympics and all sorts.

We've got a mix of all sorts of experience and at the end of the day, it's us going out and playing against a bunch of other blokes.  We need to work harder than them and be brave on the ball, like every other single game we play.

Is the boxer there? Good Jambo haha. Lee McCulloch has plenty experience as well 😂😜

29 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Is the boxer there? Good Jambo haha. Lee McCulloch has plenty experience as well 😂😜

Haha, yup, he will be I'm sure.

It will be tough I think, Scottish teams rarely go away in Europe and come away winning by a few goals. I would be happy with a draw tonight and get them back to Tynie and ramp up the noise and intensity. I just hope we do ourselves justice and put on a good performance and no injuries. We surely will create chances, hopefully they fall to Shankland who I'm confident will take any that come his way. Got to keep our discipline as well, no idea who the ref is but we have experience of some erratic refs in Europe previously that can really jeopardise the tie. It's all about getting them back next week to be within striking distance of only needing a win to progress. 

think this may be tougher than some think, they are obviously no mugs despite their current league position, would be delighted to come away with a draw tonight. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, allyjambo said:

think this may be tougher than some think, they are obviously no mugs despite their current league position, would be delighted to come away with a draw tonight. 

It will be, I’m sure some folk are posting in jest or just being optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It will be tough I think, Scottish teams rarely go away in Europe and come away winning by a few goals. I would be happy with a draw tonight and get them back to Tynie and ramp up the noise and intensity. I just hope we do ourselves justice and put on a good performance and no injuries. We surely will create chances, hopefully they fall to Shankland who I'm confident will take any that come his way. Got to keep our discipline as well, no idea who the ref is but we have experience of some erratic refs in Europe previously that can really jeopardise the tie. It's all about getting them back next week to be within striking distance of only needing a win to progress. 

It sure is

Given their current form, I'd love us to be brave and really come out the blocks at them.  Have our front 4 and Devlin just right in their effing faces.  Not a second to breathe and very direct when we have the ball.  Just smash mouth them.

I've no doubt we'll more likely try to professionally hold shape and feel our way in to the tie and play for possession when we can and I get that too.

Have to say if we do take that approach I do think it's a general mistake Scottish teams (and national team) make.  Ie trying to almost mimick a controlled European style of play, when actually blood and snotters, allied to good play of course, is probably our USP and we should embrace it!!!!

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fecking hate FC Zurich.

Everything about them. Their fans, their kit, their players. 

Ditto.  Scum.

If its their fault ie tech, pilot hours, staff etc its a 3 hour delay gets you 250 euro. The clock stops, not when you land, but when the doors open so count in a long taxi. They'll try to deny it but your due it. However, if uts the airport that causes it then they don't gave to pay.

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Getting up just before 3am and praying my VPN for BBC iPlayer holds up. :eek:

yikes midnight for me here in BKK, thought that was bad enough...

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No idea. Even if it's maroon, it'll be the wrong shade.

Even their website is shite. Not a single mention of football on it, it's all just money, money, money to these *******s: https://www.zurich.co.uk

ffs. Typical of them probably.

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

yikes midnight for me here in BKK, thought that was bad enough...

Try McDonalds, might be earlier there

Allowayjambo1874

Bit of a mad stat but in the last 20 away European matches we have won 5 lost 5 and drew 10. That’s decent and hopefully points to another draw 🤞

WorldChampions1902
4 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Bit of a mad stat but in the last 20 away European matches we have won 5 lost 5 and drew 10. That’s decent and hopefully points to another draw 🤞

That is very impressive indeed! 

Would genuinely bite your hand off for a draw or a 1 goal win. That said I won't be that dismayed if we lose by the odd goal either.

However, I've got a sneaking suspicion we might actually give them a doing. Let them have a go and sucker punch them on the break and take 2 or 3 off them.

Although that might make next week a bit of a damp squib and I want a good game to look forward to. :lol:

Thought Police
15 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Including draws at Anfield and WHL.

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Including draws at Anfield and WHL.

We've had some great away performances thinking of those 2 but also Mallorca, Basel, Bordeaux, Red Star Belgrade, couple of trips to Bosnia as well. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

We've had some great away performances thinking of those 2 but also Mallorca, Basel, Bordeaux, Red Star Belgrade, couple of trips to Bosnia as well. 

Braga aswell

Midloth_Iain
13 hours ago, King prawn said:

That’s shocking - should be a story in itself that the last time we played there our current manager scored the winner ffs. 

13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Embarrassing journalism. 

they have fixed it now

• Hearts have twice before faced Swiss opposition - losing to Lausanne-Sport in the 1963-64 Fairs Cup and beating Basel in their only appearance in a European group stage, the 2004-05 Uefa Cup.

Luscious Laryea

Feeling confident after watching the YouTube highlights of their last game away to Winterthur.

Their defence is a shambles, regularly playing themselves into trouble by trying to play out from the back when there's no option available. Marking looks slack too - fancy a 2-1 win for us.

3 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

they have fixed it now

• Hearts have twice before faced Swiss opposition - losing to Lausanne-Sport in the 1963-64 Fairs Cup and beating Basel in their only appearance in a European group stage, the 2004-05 Uefa Cup.

Not like the BBC to make a james hunt of stats involving someone out with the OF. 

22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Not like the BBC to make a james hunt of stats involving someone out with the OF. 

Lazy *******s. Hearts is an unwanted distraction for them

When it is acceptable to stop working today? :lol:

I'm thinking this afternoon is going to be unproductive. 

41 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

not forgetting going out 1-2 to munick, losing 2-0 in munick, we gave them a fright us being minnows in comparison

Edited by reaths17

4 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

not forgetting going out 1-2 to munick, losing 2-0 in munick, we gave them a fright us being minnows in comparison

Width of the post from qualifying and having Maradona at Tynie!

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Bouncing off the walls at work, mega jealous of all the die hards that went over, can't wait to hear you all in full voice on the beeb! 

Aye also at work. Longest day ever

Just now, CostaJambo said:

Zurich are rubbish, the only thing they have going for them is the Swiss national flag, which admittedly is a big plus.

😆 

Anything can happen with these types of matches.   Zurich being the favourites here doesn't mean they are strong favourites.   Without being biased I'm going 1-2 result.   ☺ 

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Width of the post from qualifying and having Maradona at Tynie!

anybody bar the big slim and we'd have scored and went through on away goals, colquhoun should scored with his chance as well

Tom Hardy’s Dug
48 minutes ago, Luscious Laryea said:

Feeling confident after watching the YouTube highlights of their last game away to Winterthur.

Their defence is a shambles, regularly playing themselves into trouble by trying to play out from the back when there's no option available. Marking looks slack too - fancy a 2-1 win for us.

Although we don’t “high press” consistently or amazingly well. Cochrane and Cammy are our best at that.

Psychedelicropcircle

Imagine budgie says we’re switching the tie away fi tynie cause there’s a concern on🤨

must be soft as shite these Zurich fans

As much as we've not reached the performance levels of last season...yet, I still think we have more than enough to beat Zurich away and at home.

My only fear is we go and park the bus and hope for a draw or a 0-1 defeat.