• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

Haring ahead of Boyce. Absolutely. 

I'd use Boyce as an alternative for Shankland going forward. I think his confidence seems low, plus he's 2nd to every ball and those that he isn't 2nd to usually ends up in his next touch being a tackle. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Haring Devlin

McKay Grant Forrest

Shankland

Brutal to drop Cochrane but Kinglsey's experience is needed here.

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd use Boyce as an alternative for Shankland going forward. I think his confidence seems low, plus he's 2nd to every ball and those that he isn't 2nd to usually ends up in his next touch being a tackle. 

Gordon

Haring Devlin

McKay Grant Forrest

Shankland

If Kingsley starts we’re definitely going back to a back 3. I’m not saying we should but that’s 100% what will happen.  Take Devlin out and put Cochrane and it’ll be the team. 

Don't know why anyone is worried. We will pump them. Swiss league is for yoddeling cow farmers. 

0-2 in Zurich 

3-0 in Edinburgh. 

We should beat them twice.  

No danger is Cochrane getting dropped. If Kingsley starts it'll be in a back 3. 

Gordon 

Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

Smith                         Cochrane

Devlin    Grant 

Forrest                          McKay

Shankland 

Gorgie_Rules

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley

Forrest                          Cochrane

Haring  Devlin

Boyce  Shankland McKay

Bit harsh on Rowles and Grant but their time will come. Forrest looked to have started RWB at times today and it gives us the option to easily switch to 4-4-2.

I think the experience of players who have played on the continent in Europe or Internationally will help us this initial tie, Gordon, Smith, Haring, Boyce, Shankland.

20 minutes ago, campbell said:

3/1 for us to go over there & turn them over! I’d take a draw to get back to Tynie with, but we have nothing to fear 

Agree. Zurich being odds on suggests a draw is a good result. I reckon a draw will make us about 50/50 to progress at Tynie.

Finlay James

A friend of mine lives in Zurich and he joined an old Uni mate at the Zurich match this week.  His uni mate happens to be a scout for Hearts.

I asked what he thought our chances are and they both think we will be far too good for Zurich and describes them as poor.

This a really interesting tie, I'm honestly not sure how we will do, I think we might struggle in Zurich/st gallen but you never know eh, would expect us to compete at Tynecastle though and hopefully get the win. Just hope we can stay in the tie until that point.

Shooter McGavin

Always thought we needed a wee confidence booster going into Zurich, today was exactly that.

Already feeling the nerves building up to Thursday🇨🇭

Geoff Kilpatrick

0-0

Gordon - Smith, Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley - Grant, Haring, Devlin, Cochrane - McKay - Shankland

3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Don't know why anyone is worried. We will pump them. Swiss league is for yoddeling cow farmers. 

0-2 in Zurich 

3-0 in Edinburgh. 

That's me too.

25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Halkett

Rowles

Kingsley

Smith

Haring

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Shankland

Boyce

Perfect.

Rocky jamboa

We looked good in the 4231 v dufc today, and for the first hour we played it v hibs. We're creating loads of chances with it. Would like to see us play that way v Zurich as well but can see us reverting to 343 in the away leg, keep it tight, then 4231 at home and go for it.

Looking forward to it! The Gorgie boys are going to Europe! 🇱🇻 🇪🇺 

Haring for Boyce definitely. Shankland may be a bit more isolated away from home but with McKay & Forrest we can counter quickly. Only quandary is Kingsley. He's one of our best players but is he fully match fit for this? Wouldn't have any issue with having him on the bench again tbh. Boyce could have a big role to play last half hr if he can make the ball stick. 

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

6pm start so sharp finish from work required.

I'll have to set my alarm I usually only get up at 7pm 

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

We looked good in the 4231 v dufc today, and for the first hour we played it v hibs. We're creating loads of chances with it. Would like to see us play that way v Zurich as well but can see us reverting to 343 in the away leg, keep it tight, then 4231 at home and go for it.

Looking forward to it! The Gorgie boys are going to Europe! 🇱🇻 🇪🇺 

We actually played a mixture today

bsck four when DU had the ball and switched to a three with Cochrane pushed on in possession 

I like 4231 personally 

Naisys Tackle

Boyce will be the hold up/out ball/ fall down win set pieces on Thursday.  No way he will be dropped.

Would bring in Haring for Forrest.  Back 5 too.  Wouldnt have Grant.                 

6 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Great result to take us to Switzerland today! Should we start Haring instead of Boyce though?

Boyce will start and rightly so

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Boyce will start and rightly so

Agreed. I think Grant or Forrest will drop out for the away leg and we will see Cammy and Haring play together. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Agreed. I think Grant or Forrest will drop out for the away leg and we will see Cammy and Haring play together. 

Both with Kingsley in too would be my shout. 

7 hours ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Haring Devlin

McKay Grant Forrest

Shankland

I think that's the team right there.

Rough on Cochrane as you say.

Difficult to judge as with a lot of games in Europe. Having said that we shouldn’t have anything to fear and play to win.

I’ve no doubt we will have been doing our homework on them. A draw would be great, a win would be even better.

Let’s go Hearts ♥️ 🇱🇻

Anyone who wants to play Haring over Boyce may aswell join Motherwell and Dundee. Shat the bed and the games no even kicked off ffs. Negativity as always. Gi there wi Boyce and skelp them silly and finish up at Tynie 

4 hours ago, Homme said:

Getting annoyed at myself for becoming increasingly confident about this tie. 

To be fair it's beginning to look doable. I had written off Europa league before the draw was made. But they're looking vulnerable. 

Captain Sausage

Will park any confidence at the door. My last Euro match was 2 days before my wedding when I watched Neilson subjugate us to Birkirkara. 

TBF, if Buaben had scored that penalty…

People getting a bit carried away here. 

Hopefully we will still be 

in the tie for the return leg as we could give them a real game at Tynecastle,  the odd goal defeat over there gives us a real chance , anything worse and we are struggling  

From the DU game....

Halkett injured ankle 

Cochrane maybe hamstring 

Devlin picked up a knock of some sorts.

3 really important players. Kingsley being back is a massive boost but we really need those 3 fit. 

The European squad is named tomorrow, cant see easily how many we are allowed to register ?

I wonder if a few first team players ie Halliday etc may miss out.

25 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Smith Haring Devlin Cochrane

McKay Shankland Grant

That's what I think Robbie will pick

I agree, possibly Boyce for Grant but think will be the above. 

I think Ginnelly might play. His pace gives us an out ball if we're under pressure. Although he's a nap to start at Parkhead on Sunday ...

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wonder what Hibs are doing on Thursday night? 

:jj:

Heard that they are holding an auction of strips from their narrow defeat at Livi

11 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The European squad is named tomorrow, cant see easily how many we are allowed to register ?

I wonder if a few first team players ie Halliday etc may miss out.

I think it’s 25 with 4 players trained at Hearts as a youngster. Gordon is the only one in first team that falls under that so it is basically a squad of 22 we can register (plus 3 youngsters, maybe Henderson, C Smith etc). We had 20 in the squad yesterday with no one of note missing (Beni but he’s not going to be registered) so think the whole team will be included with space for 2 more players in later rounds. 

Edited by karipidis

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I think it’s 25 with 4 players trained at Hearts as a youngster. Gordon is the only one in first team that falls under that so it is basically a squad of 22 we can register (plus 3 youngsters, maybe Henderson, C Smith etc). We had 20 in the squad yesterday with no one of note missing (Beni but he’s not going to be registered) so think the whole team will be included with space for 2 more players in later rounds. 

Perfect cheers 

The beauty of European football is the journey into the unknown.  Can't give a prediction for Thursday because I simply have no idea how this game is going to go.  Just hope we come away with a result that gives us a decent chance in return.  

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***