***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

In this woke world can’t be too careful!!

This is true. 😊 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

August Landmesser
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I had far less problem with Stewart last night than I normally do. I thought most of his comments were fair.

Whoever the game announcer was was far worse.

Liam McLeod - a total bellend. Celtic through and through as well.

Edited by August Landmesser

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Barrie McKay showed the kind of tenacity each of our players need to show.

Something I’ve criticised the guy about for a while but last night showed what a player he can be when he brings that to his game.

Zurich can be beaten but let’s not forget they are an athletic side, they get about the park well, aside from obvious weaknesses we could exploit.  But to exploit them we need to be at our best mentally.  No hesitation or apprehension, plenty responsibility but most of all, stay switched on. 

Their goals showed our worst habit.  Take the lead and drop off the pace.  

They were always going to react but it’s how you react to that yourself , knowing it’s happening and wake up.  

Agree with this. Good post.

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If it's a back 4 I'd go:

Smith Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

Then Cochrane becomes an issue. The 3-4-3 will improve as Atkinson and Cochrane improve. We won our penalty last night due to Atkinson marauding into their box. Loads to work on but he's a real threat in the opposition box.

If Halkett is out for 2 months we need a very good centre back in ASAP.

Very dissapointed with Cohrane on Thu. He will learn from it im sure. He panicked and didnt want to be caught in possession ever. We need more belief than that next week. Start with your back 4 for me.

pettigrewsstylist
On 18/08/2022 at 22:50, buzzbomb1958 said:

My honest opinion is there’s a bit of penny pinching going on being honest half that team are second rate I’m afraid 

Im hoping we have some irons in the fire that have agreed to have talks if we qualify next Thu 

Captain Sausage

Reflecting on it, we are still in the tie and have a good chance of overturning the 1 goal deficit at Tynecastle. 

Having gone 1-0 up, it still stings a bit that we lost 2 really cheap goals so quickly. In fairness, without Craig in goals, it’d have been 4-1. 

We need to play a 4-2-3-1 at home. It’s our best formation and we need Boyce playing next Thursday. 

Worth keeping in mind that Zurichs wage bill is at least double ours. I don’t think a lot of people are aware of that or are purposefully forgetting. 

17 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

I thought it was a pretty poor performance, a bit passive and not good enough at retaining possession. Some poor defending but understandable when you lose the mainstay of the defence after 5 minutes.

All that said, the BBC Sportsound reaction was totally over the top. Especially against the backdrop of United losing 7-0 against AZ and Motherwell going out to Sligo.

They were talking about Zurich as though they were useless huddies. In reality you could see when we did commit men forward near the end they rapidly countered and almost scored. Some caution was necessary as evidenced by Dundee Utd only a week ago.

Bizarre isn't it? Swiss CHAMPIONS suddenly an easy task after a couple of poor league results and playing in a ground they know well. Bitterness knows no bounds it seems. McLeod is an utter ***** of a commentator and he knows it.

An excellent trip overall. Some atmosphere on the journey to the match and outside the ground pre-match. Some St Gallen fans sat next to us and were great guys. One thing they did mention was that they can’t understand why UK football fans don’t sing and back their team throughout the whole 90 minutes, more of a European thing I guess sadly.