• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

12 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Was it not Brellier in the away match?  Yes, I think it was an earring

What annoyed me about this was the referee warned him in the tunnel to take it out but he ignored him.

6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Think this must be quite common in Switzerland. Sure Young Boys stadium is located within a shopping centre.

Neuchatel have that setup

42 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Thanks for posting this mate

How brilliant is Fozzy's penalty in the first clip!!!  He has to slow down to actually hit the ball.  Best penalty runup ever!

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

Not sure about that stat.

We are maybe at about 2/3 of their wage bill no?   It is not on a par with the gulf between us and the Old Firm.  

But above all they are not a happy camp.   They lost their league winning boss.   It takes time for a new guy to establish his way.  The timing is perfect for us.  We just have to grab it.  

I looked it up, they reported theirs as 16.5m Swiss francs, which is currently £14.3m, ours was last reported at £7.5m. Not quite double, but not far off.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Pinch of salt with this, but was told No Boyce or Shanks in the XI apparently. 

Quite right, save them for Sunday

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I looked it up, they reported theirs as 16.5m Swiss francs, which is currently £14.3m, ours was last reported at £7.5m. Not quite double, but not far off.

Interesting.  All relative though isn't it/.  7.5 spent well is way better than 14.3 spent badly.  I mean put it this way, who would you back at the moment, Hibs or Ross County?

Or another way, we were bottom of a league with Hamilton in it 3 years ago!

What it comes down to for me a lot at the moment is Robbie has a group of lads who are always motivated and work hard for one another.  On a night like htis against a team who may be struggling a bit, that just might matter.  Conversely, you always hear of "let's them forget league form" type stuff so they just come out and play a bit better.  Weren't we shite the season we got the quarters?!

Basically wtf knows but I can't stop typing cos I'm nervous!

pettigrewsstylist
47 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I was at this game, can't believe how long ago it was, seems only a couple of years ago! Wouldn't be rushing back to Rotterdam anytime soon if we drew them, horrible place with horrible fans and equally bad police! Beer was good but it was like running the gauntlet trying to get back onto the city centre after the match. 

Aye, not for the faint hearted for sure!

18 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

It's about time Henderson got his chance.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Interesting.  All relative though isn't it/.  7.5 spent well is way better than 14.3 spent badly.  I mean put it this way, who would you back at the moment, Hibs or Ross County?

Or another way, we were bottom of a league with Hamilton in it 3 years ago!

What it comes down to for me a lot at the moment is Robbie has a group of lads who are always motivated and work hard for one another.  On a night like htis against a team who may be struggling a bit, that just might matter.  Conversely, you always hear of "let's them forget league form" type stuff so they just come out and play a bit better.  Weren't we shite the season we got the quarters?!

Basically wtf knows but I can't stop typing cos I'm nervous!

Oh aye, absolutely, but this tie's a challenge, there's no two ways about that.

I don't see why we can't do ourselves proud though, we play in a way that suits this type of game I reckon 

20 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

The absolute riots this would cause. 

pettigrewsstylist
47 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

This is a loooooooong day at work. Can't stop thinking about tonight's match. 

Roll on half four..... 

Torture!

7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Aye, not for the faint hearted for sure!

We ended up on a tram back into the city after being ignored by the police when we asked the best route to take. Guy with a Feyenoord badge tattooed on his neck took exception to us not wanting to buy drugs from him! Almost kicked off on the tram but we stood firm then ran when we got off at the next stop as we must have been outnumbered about 15 to 3 of us! 😁

21 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

I think McKay and Ginnely will be up from, with Grant at no 10. Zurich are missing their two first pick centre backs (injured), so pace will frighten their replacement perhaps more than the more experienced first picks.

We could then have Haring, Devlin and Cochrane in midfield for a bit of security for the back four.

6 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

I think McKay and Ginnely will be up from, with Grant at no 10. Zurich are missing their two first pick centre backs (injured), so pace will frighten their replacement perhaps more than the more experienced first picks.

We could then have Haring, Devlin and Cochrane in midfield for a bit of security for the back four.

Sounds more like we’d be doing them a favour dropping our first pick forwards. I’ve been wrong before but sounds a horrendous idea to me.

Absolute Scenes

I'd be fine with Boyce not starting and Grant taking his position, but still think Shanks should start. Dont think he'll have an overly strenuous evening but still would like him there for the threat

Unless they're both injured there's absolutely no way at least one of them doesn't start.

Nobody in their right mind would drop their new striker who's hit the ground running in a game like this if he's fit.

18 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Quite right, save them for Sunday

**** Sunday! 

If that’s true you’d have to hope Robbie brought his tin hat. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Unless they're both injured there's absolutely no way at least one of them doesn't start.

Nobody in their right mind would drop their new striker who's hit the ground running in a game like this if he's fit.

Well hopefully Robbie is in his right mind! Maybe it’s psychological shit 

Unknown user

I was thinking I can see Ginelly up front for this. If he pulls it together he could be a Boyle, he's got all the same ingredients.

I can see that in a game where there's likely to be space behind them, having him up front makes a lot of sense.

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Same source that released the news about Shankland failing his medical cause of his knee?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I was thinking I can see Ginelly up front for this. If he pulls it together he could be a Boyle, he's got all the same ingredients.

I can see that in a game where there's likely to be space behind them, having him up front makes a lot of sense.

If we go all guns blazing I'd be open to this. If we're cagey as I'd imagine we will be in a European tie away from home we may only get one or two chances...and I'd want them falling to Shankland personally.

pettigrewsstylist
19 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

Missing 2 centrebacks is OUTSTANDING news!

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was thinking this also. The raw pace threat may keep them from overcommiting and let us weather the storm!

Doubt he will get the nod tho. 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

I was thinking this also. The raw pace threat may keep them from overcommiting and let us weather the storm!

Doubt he will get the nod tho. 

Him upfront with either Shankland or Boyce. All very well having pace in behind their unfamiliar back line but we still need someone to stick the ball in the net.

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Same source that released the news about Shankland failing his medical cause of his knee?

I'll be honest, I don't even know anything about that rumour so not me on that one!

Unless they are injured. It would be suicidal for Neilson to drop them both and sit it out hoping for a draw. 

If he says we kept them for celtic game then why take them away? If Hearts are in europe and sh!t ourselves like we do away in Glasgow again on live coverage It would really hurt our image and any potential signings would run a mile if that's our style in europa / OF games. 

The haters, doubters and split fans will turn even more against him, as would the majority of fans. 

Let's hope Joe Savage has done his job and a replacement of good standard is available for worst case scenario.  Get to this stage and progress,  to chuck it, and if another situation like replacement managers in a similar way budge handled and delayed it before will put us back at square 1.

I've said it before and been proven wrong both sides of the coin, but I think Neilson knows he can't do that. 

"Going there to win" reminds me only of our games against the ugly pair and the way we sat deep and didn't attempt or want the ball or to try and play and I hope for his sake as much as the clubs that we don't experience that tonight.

12 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Missing 2 centrebacks is OUTSTANDING news!

They also lost their top scorer (from last season) to Lecce 🤞🤞🤞

The White Cockade
52 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

I’ve heard we’re putting out the u18’s

Need to keep the first team fresh for Sunday’s hammering at Darkheid

In all seriousness there is no way Shankland won’t start if he’s fit

if Robbie did go ultra defensive again and drop him I’d go from being a happy clapper to financing the next Phoodle Oot fly past! 😂

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Unless they are injured. It would be suicidal for Neilson to drop them both and sit it out hoping for a draw. 

If he says we kept them for celtic game then why take them away? If Hearts are in europe and sh!t ourselves like we do away in Glasgow again on live coverage It would really hurt our image and any potential signings would run a mile if that's our style in europa / OF games. 

The haters, doubters and split fans will turn even more against him, as would the majority of fans. 

Let's hope Joe Savage has done his job and a replacement of good standard is available for worst case scenario.  Get to this stage and progress,  to chuck it, and if another situation like replacement managers in a similar way budge handled and delayed it before will put us back at square 1.

I've said it before and been proven wrong both sides of the coin, but I think Neilson knows he can't do that. 

"Going there to win" reminds me only of our games against the ugly pair and the way we sat deep and didn't attempt or want the ball or to try and play and I hope for his sake as much as the clubs that we don't experience that tonight.

That's a helluva meltdown based on a rumour :lol:

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That's a helluva meltdown based on a rumour :lol:

Not a meltdown, just a thought and concern in the 1% chance he would be that daft

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

I smell 💩

Robbie oot!

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

That's an agenda filled rant. 

kingantti1874
41 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The absolute riots this would cause. 

i actually thought he may try and throw a surprise and start with Ginelly. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

i actually thought he may try and throw a surprise and start with Ginelly. 

If he’s playing it cagey then that could work out well but not at the expense of both Boyce and Shanks. 

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he’s playing it cagey then that could work out well but not at the expense of both Boyce and Shanks. 

This is all going a bit AEK Athens

Rocky jamboa

Hopefully Robbie not trying to over think things. Stick with the same line up we're used to.

The only real thing to consider is whether we play 343 or 4231.

Edited by Rocky jamboa

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's an agenda filled rant. 

Not intended to be. I'm quite the opposite.  I didn't want him to go the first time, thought the 'phoodle', plane and "giving hibs the cup" stuff was daft and unfair.

The money spinner replay was his fault and it is a low point.  It was a mistake. As was the brora game. But I dont hold it against him, he has improved us massively and got us to the level that we wanted and deserved to be at for the last 10 years.

I'm on Robbies side and I back him 100% but many don't, and I'm sure its a hibs wind up from somewhere,  and won't happen. If it did however then it could potentially ruin his developments with us.

That thing you do
3 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Zurich are rubbish, the only thing they have going for them is the Swiss national flag, which admittedly is a big plus.

Cool. If Zurich win easily it wont be Robbies tactics or shanks missing a sitter it will be because of your bad karma.

#scapegoat

Just now, That thing you do said:

Cool. If Zurich win easily it wont be Robbies tactics or shanks missing a sitter it will be because of your bad karma.

#scapegoat

Anyone who thinks we are anything other than major underdogs today is deluding themselves or had too much of the swiss lemonade.

If we can keep the tie alive for Tynecastle then that will be a decent result.

If Boyce and Shanks were on the bench but Ginnelly starts I can see plenty on here having a meltdown.

I can see why Robbie would do it. Opting for pace on the break over full on attack. Whether I agree or not will only be known after 90 minutes. :biggrin2:

27 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Been bursting to post this obviously. At least wait for the line ups..

27 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

FFS, he's going nowhere. Just signed a long term contract.

LochcarronJambo
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Anyone who thinks we are anything other than major underdogs today is deluding themselves or had too much of the swiss lemonade.

If we can keep the tie alive for Tynecastle then that will be a decent result.

Spot on

Harry Potter

checked the fixture time , the website has underneath Zurich, expected to win, hope that prediction is wrong, 

have they checked their league position, clowns.