***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Apologies for not being specific, I was referring to the return match on the 25th

The UK live tv football App is very good but there is nothing listed at the moment for the 2nd leg.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Apologies for not being specific, I was referring to the return match on the 25th

BBC Scotland channel showed both legs of Dundee Utd Euro tie so hopefully the same will apply to our games. 

wattie exploited
29 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Good to hear Robbie talking in terms of us attacking and doing what we do best. That's the attitude we need to take into tomorrow night. 

you must have heard some body else thinking they were as he was quoted saying this   

In terms of the tactical side, Neilson feels it must be approached more like a game against the Old Firm rather than other sides when they would be favourites.

Defending  more like nightmare if he does this !!!!!!!:rifle:

“It’s a different game, it’s more like playing against Celtic or Rangers," he added.

“We need to be tactically set up and look at where the threat is. I enjoy coaching against these teams

25 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

you must have heard some body else thinking they were as he was quoted saying this   

In terms of the tactical side, Neilson feels it must be approached more like a game against the Old Firm rather than other sides when they would be favourites.

“It’s a different game, it’s more like playing against Celtic or Rangers," he added.

“We need to be tactically set up and look at where the threat is. I enjoy coaching against these teams

To be fair. Robbie has set up attacking formations against the OF before and it has demonstrated exactly how stupid that can be. 

You commit to a high press and attacking line up. You leave gaps behind and they pick you apart.

Above all else we need a disciplined performance. Everyone playing with high energy, fully focused on their jobs and positions. 

This is one of those rare games where winning isn't everything. Just don't get pumped by 2 or more goals leaving you with a mountain to climb in the return game.

Zurich will be without former Hearts winger Donis Avdijaj through injury. Defenders Lindrit Kamberi and Marc Hornschuh are both suspended.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, gov said:

Zurich will be without former Hearts winger Donis Avdijaj through injury. Defenders Lindrit Kamberi and Marc Hornschuh are both suspended.

Carnage

2 minutes ago, gov said:

Is it also correct that their star striker is not playing as he's of to Leeds?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Is it also correct that their star striker is not playing as he's of to Leeds?

Unknown, not reported anywhere

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

"

BBC Scotland will show live coverage of the match from the Kybunpark.

Please note that because the club does not have international rights, we cannot show this match on Hearts TV either inside or outside of the UK. An announcement will be made soon with regards to coverage of the home leg."

Thanks for that👍🙂

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

"

Please note that because the club does not have international rights, we cannot show this match on Hearts TV either inside or outside of the UK. An announcement will be made soon with regards to coverage of the home leg."

Thanks for that👍🙂

Yikes, better get that tested sharpish!!

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

"

Thanks for that👍🙂

UGH! Thank you for pointing this out.

It looks like Paramount Plus holds the USA rights but I don't see it in the listings yet. :(

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

Hmmmmm...........yeah I just re-read the article and he was more talking about Sunday's match when he was talking about attacking and "doing what we do best". The headline did not match the quotes.

I hope we are a bit more positive tomorrow night than we are when we head through to Glasgow to play the Old Firm. Too many times through there we end up sitting deep and defending our eighteen yard box for long spells.

coatbridgejambo

Can anyone tell me when the deadline is for buying the euro tickets for ST holders. Home game obviously 

7 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Can anyone tell me when the deadline is for buying the euro tickets for ST holders. Home game obviously 

This Friday

From the Zurich Kickback

Our personnel situation for tomorrow...

Blocked: Hornschuh, Kamberi Doubtful
: Avdijaj

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

AEK was at Murrayfield, bud. :) 

I remember going to a game at Murrayfield when it was absolutely pishing down. Was that it or was it another team (too much beer :lol:)

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I remember going to a game at Murrayfield when it was absolutely pishing down. Was that it or was it another team (too much beer :lol:)

Schalke had a rainstorm pre match

26 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Can the 1800 kick off and on bbc Scotland be added to the title in case some dont realise? 

thanking you. I would’ve been one of some. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

thanking you. I would’ve been one of some. 

No worries bud just thinking out loud and glad could help. :) 

HibbyinZurich
16 minutes ago, sarissa said:

Thunder, lightning and torrential rain in Zurich now😖

Won't last. It's been hot as **** for weeks now, these things happen on a pretty regular cycle here. You'll think you're expecting to see Noah's Ark any minute but it'll last an hour or 2 max

3 minutes ago, HibbyinZurich said:

Won't last. It's been hot as **** for weeks now, these things happen on a pretty regular cycle here. You'll think you're expecting to see Noah's Ark any minute but it'll last an hour or 2 max

Having experienced a Salzburg thunderstorm, playing football would've been impossible so fingers crossed that it doesn't last.

13 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

It was actually Sparta Prague.  The most ludicrous match ever played.  0-2.  0-0 in Prague.

HibbyinZurich
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Having experienced a Salzburg thunderstorm, playing football would've been impossible so fingers crossed that it doesn't last.

According to the official Swiss weather app it'll be over by midnight. Will just have to stay in the pub until then.....

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

UGH! Thank you for pointing this out.

It looks like Paramount Plus holds the USA rights but I don't see it in the listings yet. :(

Set up a VPN, set your location to UK, and watch it on the BBC iPlayer 

8 minutes ago, HibbyinZurich said:

According to the official Swiss weather app it'll be over by midnight. Will just have to stay in the pub until then.....

A fine excuse. We had an all-nighter here in Edinburgh a few days ago. Superb thunder & lightening but not all that much rain. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you lot.

Ps ... I'm sure someone will gift you a Hearts scarf for when you go to witness the Big Team taking on your local mob. 😉

HibbyinZurich
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

A fine excuse. We had an all-nighter here in Edinburgh a few days ago. Superb thunder & lightening but not all that much rain. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you lot.

Ps ... I'm sure someone will gift you a Hearts scarf for when you go to witness the Big Team taking on your local mob. 😉

I'm going to the game in the home end, rare that a game in Swiss football captures the imagination plus the wife gave me permission to fly and with 2 small kids, this is not to be missed. Let's see whether I go for my usual cravat and smoking jacket combo or a more "typical" football fan dress code tomorrow 🤔😜

34 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Thought this was Sparta Prague too. Terrible game also

Watt-Zeefuik
17 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Set up a VPN, set your location to UK, and watch it on the BBC iPlayer 

I haven't had luck with this in the past, but I'll give it another go.

5 minutes ago, HibbyinZurich said:

I'm going to the game in the home end, rare that a game in Swiss football captures the imagination plus the wife gave me permission to fly and with 2 small kids, this is not to be missed. Let's see whether I go for my usual cravat and smoking jacket combo or a more "typical" football fan dress code tomorrow 🤔😜

Go traditional. I'm now kicking myself not being there.

51vnXSLE8aL._AC_UY580_.jpg

31k4B37+HqL._AC_SY580_.jpg

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I haven't had luck with this in the past, but I'll give it another go.

I use Nord vpn every day. Gets BBC fine.

Zurich boss Franco Foda: "Hearts often play with long balls, but they also have individual quality, for example with attacking player Liam Boyce or the wingers.

He been reading H1b5.net for his tactical info ? :lol:

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I use Nord vpn every day. Gets BBC fine.

I was trying OpenVPN's London egress point, because I use the client for other stuff. I'll give Nord a try.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Can the 1800 kick off and on bbc Scotland be added to the title in case some dont realise? 

Thanks for pointing this out RT

I usually check the fixture list on the Hearts website but they have it wrongly listed as 7pm

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Zurich boss Franco Foda: "Hearts often play with long balls, but they also have individual quality, for example with attacking player Liam Boyce or the wingers.

He been reading H1b5.net for his tactical info ? :lol:

Sounds like it. No idea of way we play. Big physical hearts again

Starting to feel confident,  particularly after this comment from the Zurich manager. Long ball team?  Bash on with preparing for that.... 

Screenshot_20220817_213838_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpg

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Aaron78 said:

Starting to feel confident,  particularly after this comment from the Zurich manager. Long ball team?  Bash on with preparing for that.... 

Interesting to note he’s picked up on Neilson’s tendency to tweak mid game.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

So the Zurich manager wants to play with belief, and try to press the life out of us from the start? :lol:

We will ****ing scud them.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

So the Zurich manager wants to play with belief, and try to press the life out of us from the start? :lol:

We will ****ing scud them.

He has a hot-line to you-know-who for tactical insights. 😉

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***