***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Clark Griswold

Really don’t know anything about them so difficult to predict! I’ll take any positive result tbh and get back to tynie 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

• neilnunb

3 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Spur of the moment decision to take my son. Flights and hotel sorted - sadly couldn't get tickets through HMFC (haven't been to Tynecastle for a few years) but got them very easily direct from FCZ. Not in the Hearts section, but right up against it in, in C6. Interestingly, the seats sold in that section seem to be up against the visitors' end so I suspect there may be others in my position doing the same.

Really looking forward to it - my first European trip since Slavia Prague in 1992!

1-0 to the Famous!

👏 👏 👏 

I commend you! 

Have you bought these tickets direct from Zurich?

On balance I probably would not have gone but the ‘nail in the coffin’ was the ludicrous decision that tickets had to be collected from Tynecastle.

in the past Hearts took tickets abroad for supporters … I remember collecting tickets in Dublin, Bologna etc. in the past!

PS I’m still mega tempted - best route at present looks 

♥️Wednesday Heathrow to Stuggart

♥️Thursday train to St Gallen

♥️ Thursday overnight St Gallen

♥️ Friday train to Zurich 

♥️Friday Zurich to Heathrow 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Victor Meldrew
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

👏 👏 👏 

I commend you! 

Have you bought these tickets direct from Zurich?

On balance I probably would not have gone but the ‘nail in the coffin’ was the ludicrous decision that tickets had to be collected from Tynecastle.

in the past Hearts took tickets abroad for supporters … I remember collecting tickets in Dublin, Bologna etc. in the past!

PS I’m still mega tempted - best route at present looks 

♥️Wednesday Heathrow to Stuggart

♥️Thursday train to St Gallen

♥️ Thursday overnight St Gallen

♥️ Friday train to Zurich 

♥️Friday Zurich to Heathrow 

Yes - direct from Zurich website - e-tickets sent by email. You have to set up an account and it's all in German, but Google Translate was a big help!

Go on, you know you want to....

26 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Yes - direct from Zurich website - e-tickets sent by email. You have to set up an account and it's all in German, but Google Translate was a big help!

Go on, you know you want to....

I do …. 

now thinking only cost effective way Is return flight from Milan on Monday!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Victor Meldrew
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I do …. 

I've taken the Zurich - Milan train before and it's really good.

Heartsofgold

Got our tickets sorted for the home leg.  This will be my daughter's 1st European night and I've tried to explain the atmosphere to them.  I cannot wait.  The Bayern Munich game will live with me forever, as will Braga, Bordeaux ect.  Even though we went out the Stuttgart game was incredible.

Midloth_Iain
12 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I do …. 

Jet2

Manchester - Innsbruck (3.5 hr train to St Gallen) Wednesday (tomorrow)

Innsbruck - Manchester Saturday return

£150 basic before add ons.

Return train cost approx £ 170 (Trainline Europe prices)

39 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Got our tickets sorted for the home leg.  This will be my daughter's 1st European night and I've tried to explain the atmosphere to them.  I cannot wait.  The Bayern Munich game will live with me forever, as will Braga, Bordeaux ect.  Even though we went out the Stuttgart game was incredible.

Let’s hope the tie is still alive after Thursday, or the atmosphere might not be so good. 🥸

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope the tie is still alive after Thursday, or the atmosphere might not be so good. 🥸

:sterb147:

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When we got pumped 4-0 in Zagreb I thought the second leg would be a waste of time but we actually weren’t that far off levelling the tie - it was 2-0 at home but we had chances to score 4 or 5.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

FCZ dont seem to be expecting a big crowd in St Gallen, so that might work in our favour

Definitely, a bit like us at Murrayfield no matter how many tickets we sold. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Is the exchange still down or are there just none available?

Now that we can make the home game i was hoping to pick up a ticket for my daughter and i. 

No Idle Talk

This tie will be massive in terms of how I view Robbie Neilson as a Hearts manager. I like Robbie but one of the nagging doubts I still have about him is that in matches where we are the underdog we get rolled over more often than we should. I want to be rid of that doubt.

We are underdogs in this tie, I would say, so it will be interesting to see how he approaches the away leg in particular, and what kind of performance we put in as a team. It would be disappointing to come back from Switzerland 2-0 or 3-0 down and having put in the sort of performance you often see from a Scottish club away from home in Europe. 

Zurich have had a pretty poor start to their season though so there are real grounds for optimism here. I honestly believe this is a tie we can win if we believe in ourselves and play without fear. 

I'm excited for this match and I'm hoping for a big performance from us. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

Heartsofgold
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Is the exchange still down or are there just none available?

Now that we can make the home game i was hoping to pick up a ticket for my daughter and i. 

I went into the TO mate.

54 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

When we got pumped 4-0 in Zagreb I thought the second leg would be a waste of time but we actually weren’t that far off levelling the tie - it was 2-0 at home but we had chances to score 4 or 5.

One of the best atmospheres I've had at tynie, hit the post once or twice if I remember

CloustonHMFC
50 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

FCZ dont seem to be expecting a big crowd in St Gallen, so that might work in our favour

Lucky if there’s 5k there on Thursday with roughly 1k Hearts fans. 

Btw we’re definitely winning both legs. 0-1 in St Gallen, 3-1 at home. 

Captain Sausage

How ****ing good is it to be talking about European football again btw?

Come on Hearts. No doubt 3-4-3 with either Boyce or Forrest dropped for Kingsley and Haring probably in for Grant. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Depends on why the tie is no longer alive. We may have killed it by winning 4 -0 in Switzerland 😃

4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Depends on why the tie is no longer alive. We may have killed it by winning 4 -0 in Switzerland 😃

Good point. :whistling:

Midloth_Iain
5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Anyone got a way to translate their forum on phone?

https://www.fczforum.ch/forum/topic18746-7.html

would be interesting to see what they are saying to it with their recent form

Hearts have a nice British stadium and they know where the goal is. I very much suspect that we will go to the Conf. league fall. Winti could have done that too. we don't have to worry about that at all. That was mostly luck. But who knows, maybe achieving the EL is so deep in the minds of the players that there is no room for anything else at the moment. Let me surprise you positively again.

===

The Hearts fans are believed to be quite fond of traveling and will probably appear in quite large numbers in St. Gallen (some speak of 800, others even of over 1200). Because of our start to the season, they are (rightly?) pretty optimistic that this will hold up against us (except for a few cautious users). It is also interesting to see which paths they take.

Has two match threads and one travel thread: https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.ph ... e-terrace/
Up

contributionby Salocin27 » 08/15/22 @ 20:12

Yekini_RIP wrote:Just ask Selanes, Krasniqi, Avdijaj and Tosin in the starting XI.
Brecher
Omeragic, Mirlind, Mets
Bora, Selanes, Krasniqi/Conde, Guerrero
Marchesano/Krasniqi
Avdijaj, Tosin

Midloth_Iain

Very offensively oriented wings a or to put it another way: their wings are fast and radiate a great deal of danger. On the other hand, their full-backs are their biggest weakness... They don't particularly like pressing and speed.

So if you don't think you have a chance against us at the moment, you play mini golf. The Hearts and their fans come to Switzerland in large numbers, and rightly so. From us, on the other hand, only the hard, masochistic core will probably come. I suspect bad things on Thursday and I'm only optimistic in principle, because that's the way it should be. But my feeling tells me I should stay at home and spare myself the shame.

Re: FCZ - Hearts: EL Playoffs, kybunpark, Do 18.8.22, 19:00

•  

contributionby CHEFF » 08/16/22 @ 9:41 am

I'm really looking forward to seeing our fans in the Kybunpark. We were there 10 years ago in the EL/CL qualifiers, in this closed stadium the atmosphere is even better than usual.

Edited by Midloth_Iain

Midloth_Iain

Well - I don't think more than 4,000 spectators will come. 1,000 of them guest fans, 2,000 from the south stand - the grandstands on the two straights will therefore be very empty.

That's extremely optimistic for a weekday game that starts at 7pm. In other exile games we never had more than 5000, except in 2014 in the Champions League qualifier against Spartak Trnava it was 9000. But then our boys had a 2 goal lead from the second leg and the chance was huge to get into the Champions League and so to write history.

Be optimistic about 5000-6000.

What I want to say, even if it were only 2000, it would be much louder than in the Letzi. Go past and see for yourself. I was sitting in the A at the time and the entire left side (curve) was full. Mood was outstanding. One of Abdi's last goals before his departure.

1 minute ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Hope the above post help 😊

"Full backs our biggest weakness". I look forward to one of them hitting a rocket of a free kick past them.

Heartsofgold
Just now, feedtheroman2 said:

Any plans at home to watch this? Ie, is tynecastle hosting anything or Murrayfield sports bar the diggers etc?

It's being broadcast on BBC Scotland and iPlayer.

2 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Any plans at home to watch this? Ie, is tynecastle hosting anything or Murrayfield sports bar the diggers etc?

1874 bar open and showing it

skyline £25 includes a pint and 3 course meal

murrayfield sports bar showing on big screens and something about outside as well...

it will be on in diggers

loveofthegame

Slightly concerned by the weather forecast. Due to fly out to Switzerland Thursday morning but lots of thunderstorms forecast for the whole day. Not sure how that might impact on flights and even the game on the Thursday evening if the rain was to be particularly bad (there are flash flooding warnings).

Hoping we make it, game makes it and worst case we get a bit wet in the square....!! Hoping forecast changes a bit tomorrow but it hasn't changed much last couple of days.

1 hour ago, gov said:

One of the best atmospheres I've had at tynie, hit the post once or twice if I remember

The atmosphere is what I can’t wait for. Hoping the place is buzzing like that boozy St Mirren cup tie in March!

Talking of that game, I do wish we could have more matches at 7:45 on a Saturday night 🤓

20 hours ago, HoGwash said:

Strange. We played it for the vast majority of last season and I seem to remember us finishing 3rd by a mile. Very lucky if we were getting overrun every game.

I hadn't realised the Europa League and qualifiers was SPL standard.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Anyone got a way to translate their forum on phone?

https://www.fczforum.ch/forum/topic18746-7.html

would be interesting to see what they are saying to it with their recent form

https://www-fczforum-ch.translate.goog/forum/fussball-club-zurich-f1.html?sid=7b57dba6302cea8f9dd09a51c3906470&_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, briever said:

You need to pay more attention. 

Rangers got to the final. 

:jambobanana:

Watt-Zeefuik
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You need to pay more attention. 

Rangers got to the final. 

:jambobanana:

I think it's very easy as Hearts fans to have an exaggerated sense of what the EL qualifiers are like, because in recent history we've run into EPL buzzsaws plus the Birkirkara fiasco.

I'm not saying this will be a stroll but we've got a good, attacking, entertaining side and a pretty favorable draw. Mon the Hearts!

1 hour ago, briever said:

Your post was nothing to do with the difference between EL and SPFL. You said we always got overrun when playing 343, which as I pointed out is nonsense.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

I just hope we don’t produce a too defensive style in this game as they’re there to be beaten. 

If we go through,  no one will care. 

Defending will be needed in Europe,  probably quite a lot Tbh.

1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

That was a tactical masterstroke yesterday. Playing so poorly that the Scots grossly underestimated us on Thursday. Let's see if that works.  :rofl: 

The Hearts fans are believed to be quite fond of traveling and will probably appear in quite large numbers in St. Gallen :jj: 

Edited by tian447

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I just hope we don’t produce a too defensive style in this game as they’re there to be beaten. 

With Neilson that’s a strong possibility.

35 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Your post was nothing to do with the difference between EL and SPFL. You said we always got overrun when playing 343, which as I pointed out is nonsense.

It's not, it happened numerous times last season - even against dross like Motherwell and Aberdeen.

17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That was a tactical masterstroke yesterday. Playing so poorly that the Scots grossly underestimated us on Thursday. Let's see if that works.  :rofl: 

The Hearts fans are believed to be quite fond of traveling and will probably appear in quite large numbers in St. Gallen :jj: 

That's sounds like Hibby patter.    You keep losing and we'll expect the worst.   ☺ 

19 minutes ago, briever said:

It's not, it happened numerous times last season - even against dross like Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Yeah, as I said it happened so often that we cantered to 3rd place using that as our formation in the vast majorty of games. 

4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Yeah, as I said it happened so often that we cantered to 3rd place using that as our formation in the vast majorty of games. 

Got a bad tactic it certainly had a favourable outcome. 😄

Scanning the above recent posts regarding the likely FC Zurich fans attendance in St Gallen it sounds much like an away game v Dun U. What's more, they are also playing away (albeit that they'll be familiar with that stadium). When we switched to Murrayfield it was to accommodate a bumper crowd whereas for them it's going to result in a much reduced 'home' support.

If Hearts bring circa 1000 then at least our team will be spurred on. I only hope that there's no post-match chat of, "At least we won the singing contest". 🙃

I'm hoping for a Friday morning newspaper headline something like:-

"There was much yodelling in the streets of Gorgie." Following a 1-5 demolition.

Ps ... It wouldn't surprise me if there's a weedgie entrepreneur in the square at St Gallen flogging maroon Alphorns.

Edited by Wee Mikey

AlphonseCapone

Inspired by that post on the FC Zurich forum I would suggest Hibs should quit football and become a mini golf team. 

Ecce Romanov

Apologies if someone has already asked this, but now that our Euro squad has been submitted is that it, or can someone be removed/added if we make other signings before the end of the transfer window? I am guessing/hoping that this is just for the Zurich tie. Is that correct?

Paddy Power have Zurich strong favourites for the home game and progressing.

Bookies rarely wrong but not sure what you could base that on.

StirlingJambo

Trying to buy tickets for me and the old man. Both season tickets holders but when click on option to buy tickets every seat is grey. Anybody know if there’s an issue with the site or what?

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FC Zurich v Heart of Midlothian ko 18:00 - Match Thread***